BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
2013 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Any word on when the season starts?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2013 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they are moving the OBLL to Suffolk county. Can anyone confirm or deny ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About a month ago our coach indicated March 10 was the first weekend. Haven't been able to confirm though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CageSage... any word from the league?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CageSage... any word from the league?
BOTC just spoke with Mike Chanenchuk this morning about the OBLL. According to Mike, games will begin this weekend. He committed to supplying BOTC with a team listing and as much of the schedule as possible by early this afternoon.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Registered team for the 2013 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League.

fl$ 2018
fl$ 2019
GLADIATORS 8TH/2017
GREEN MACHINE 2019
Jesters 4th - 2021
Jesters 6th - 2019
Jesters 7th - 2018
Jesters 8th - 2017
LI EXPRESS 2022
LI EXPRESS 2021
LI EXPRESS 2020
LI EXPRESS 2019
LI EXPRESS 2017
LI EXPRESS 2018
LI RIPTIDE 2019
LI RIPTIDE 2018 ORANGE
LI RIPTIDE 2018 GREEN
North Shore Midshipman 2017
NORTHPORT Tigers 2021
OUTLAWS 2017 Black
OUTLAWS 2017 Silver
OUTLAWS 2018 Black
OUTLAWS 2018 Silver
OUTLAWS 2019 Black
OUTLAWS 2019 Silver
OUTLAWS 2020 Black
OUTLAWS 2020 Silver
RVC FUTURE 4TH/2021
RVC FUTURE 6TH/2019
RVC FUTURE 8THA/2017
RVC FUTURE 8THB/2017
SUPERSTAR 2018
Team 91 2017 White
Team 91 2019 White
Team 91 2018 White
Team 91 2018 Raiders
Team 91 2022 Orange
Team 91 2021 Orange
TEAM IGLOO 2021
TEAM IGLOO 2022
TEAM LONG ISLAND RED / 2018
TEAM REVOLUTION 6TH/2019
TOP SIDE SNIPERS 5TH/6TH
TOP SIDE SNIPERS 7TH/8TH
Turf Island 2021
Westchester Predators 2017

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
OBLL Week #1 Schedule (March 2nd/3rd)

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeeeeeeah Boys
enough indoor
enough snow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good to see express and 91 both in there - boys are playing nicely, finally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would be nice to see that the orange teams are listed.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My understanding is the Express Orange 2020 are playing 6th grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My understanding is the Express Orange 2020 are playing 6th grade

Great but what about 91 orange 2020 hope they are playing 6th and 91 orange 2019 hope they are playing 6th or 7th and 91 2018 orange etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 91 orange playing in OBLL ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 91 orange

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CageSage... will you update with any additional schedules? It's only a mere 48 hours out. The league coordinator (MC) might want to hire a part time resource to do this scheduling. It has always been notoriously late in sharing and disseminating information and that is a true shame given the caliber of play is pretty good.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
CageSage... will you update with any additional schedules? It's only a mere 48 hours out. The league coordinator (MC) might want to hire a part time resource to do this scheduling. It has always been notoriously late in sharing and disseminating information and that is a true shame given the caliber of play is pretty good.
BOTC will publish additional schedule details as they are made available to us.

Note that we called Mike Chanenchuk this week directly to bring you the Week #1 information and provided an invitation to send us any and all updates for publication here on BOTC. Should we receive updates, we will be sure to pass those along.

Thanks very much for your interest in BOTC's coverage of the weekly OBLL action.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax Big Boy,many factors are coming into play such as field space and weather and teams joinging late and dropping out late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax Big Boy,many factors are coming into play such as field space and weather and teams joinging late and dropping out late.

No we won't relax. This is not a just now situation. This has been going on for years with MC and getting the schedule out. It really is a joke. Stop counting your money and trying to make more money and take care of your customers who have already paid you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who doesnt know if there in or out yet.
can we still get a refund if teams drop out

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
who doesnt know if there in or out yet.
can we still get a refund if teams drop out
Who's "we"? If you are a coach, call the league. If you are a parent or player, call your club coach.

BOTC has published the current teams listing earlier in this thread. While there could always be one or two changes, you have a pretty clear picture at this point of who's "in" and who's "out".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the games go today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was nice to see the boys outside. Beautiful fields except for the cages. Shameful. The cages weren't even fit for a landfill. Hopefully they will be replaced before next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was nice to see the boys outside. Beautiful fields except for the cages. Shameful. The cages weren't even fit for a landfill. Hopefully they will be replaced before next week.

Fields at field of dreams were weak, you could barely see the lines. Igloo 4th grade easily beat RVC Futures and when I left Igloo 3rd grade was up one on 91 orange with about 5 minutes to play, not sure how that game turned out but both those teams will be tough to beat, although the season is just beginning so who knows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fields were fine, nice to be outdoors. Good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, was kind of hoping to find out if my team was playing next weekend and if so, where and what time and against whom. I totally get, this is how this league is run and if we don't like it, we are more than happy to go elsewhere. We do like the league, just would really like a schedule of the season. Totally get it.. stuff changes, but is it really that pushy for us to ask for an online schedule? This league always let's leagues know by Wednesday what the details are for that weekend. Come on.. the leagues been in place long enough that some kinks could've been worked out by now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
better yet, they make enough money for someone to coordinate and run a webite. We should not have to wait for a post of a cheap PDF or Exel clip to see a schedule.

If this is supposed to be the best spring league on LI act like it. Post results and schedules. I get you want parity but you need to play a few games first to get to that. Set the scheulde.

I bet in texas they arnt saying well they are only 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (when does it end)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They can't put the schedule out for the season. Instead of using some of the money they gather from the $2,000 per team that they charge to pay for their own fields to use, it stays in their pockets and they mooch fields in Massapequa and now Plainedge for free.
The league's only expense is ref fees. If they really wanted to be the best spring league, they should take their money and pay for fields somewhere and run it there. But that would obviously effect their bottom line, which is obviously more important to them.
Tell MC to go use Cantiague Park,Farmingdale Colege or wherever and they can the run the league there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they move the games to fields where they had to pay, the fee would be even higher. Keep the games where they are. Who is their hook up in Oyster Bay to get these fields ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since they won't post scores I will post my teams score. We were beat by Team 91 2018 white they beat us team long island red 7-1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blah blah blah... we all know this, but unless someone starts another league, OBLL is it and your coach opted in.. no one held a gun to his head. BTW, I don't play for Express and agree with you, but I too have a choice and my team chooses to play in OBLL, so, given that, I was hoping that MC might do the right thing for once and publish a schedule.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
blah blah blah... we all know this, but unless someone starts another league, OBLL is it and your coach opted in.. no one held a gun to his head. BTW, I don't play for Express and agree with you, but I too have a choice and my team chooses to play in OBLL, so, given that, I was hoping that MC might do the right thing for once and publish a schedule.
BOTC has requested additional scheduling data for this league. If/when we receive more of the schedule for the Spring season, BOTC will share that content.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the OBLL a non for profit maybe he is having problems with field space if it isn't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they move the games to fields where they had to pay, the fee would be even higher. Keep the games where they are. Who is their hook up in Oyster Bay to get these fields ?

Everything goes through the Town Supervisors Office just look into who plays for Express and has a high ranking job with the Town and you will have your answer. i wonder if that person pays for his kid to play on Express or even belongs on the team but then again how can there be any political corruption

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have the Town Attorney on their staff. He may be paid and he may not be paid by the express, that I can not confirm .His son also goes to St Anthony. That is how they get the fields.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
They have the Town Attorney on their staff. He may be paid and he may not be paid by the express, that I can not confirm .His son also goes to St Anthony. That is how they get the fields.
Nice discussion fuel, but there is no fire underneath it. This field discussion has taken place in every youth sport since John Burns Park in Massapequa was first constructed. Stop looking for "inside information" and understand the filing process for procurement of Nassau County field space.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will this weeks schedule be posted ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Nice discussion fuel, but there is no fire underneath it. This field discussion has taken place in every youth sport since John Burns Park in Massapequa was first constructed. Stop looking for "inside information" and understand the filing process for procurement of Nassau County field space.

I have heard the OBLL complaints about scheduling and seen discussion about fields etc. I know coaches make a ton of requests to play at certain times, certain days, multiple games in one day, to play and avoid teams etc. So a lot goes into scheduling. We just got our schedule for this coming Staurday (today is Tuesday, this seems pretty fair to me). The time is close to what we reuqested which is fair as well. The fields are fine and the officiating is good (2 professional officials). I get that PAL produces a schedule in advance for the entire season but they also dont accomodate a lot of rquests. So, OBLL may not be ideal in scheduling but I think this topic has been beat to death. Lets go back to trash talking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's club team emailed that our time has been set for Saturday..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jack $$ why ruin it for the masses! I beleive the comments went in the direction of information for a schedule, get off the topic of the fields, do you want the prices higher.

I think the obyll is a good competitive league sure information is slow to come out, but if they seek parity amoung the league, that can only happen once the teams play. and that takes time.

since teams dont play every week at the very least pleaseput out a scheudle 2 weeks so families can plan. 91 puts the schedule for their "affiliated" events. On their site why cant you?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard