BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 296 of 327 1 2 294 295 296 297 298 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter played in liberty you don't have to pay all up front - you can pay in installments.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And unfortunately there you have todays lacrosse club parent "Did you play 6 years of YJ's to go to a state school?" I would say yeah on a couple of fronts- Better education at Binghamton, better playing odds, lower cost with or without athletic money, smaller roster plus my kid isn't the next Shannon.

I believe it should be about the education and if the lacrosse fits even better but many will send their kids almost anywhere at any cost just to play lacrosse.

for todays LI club parent I will concede the YJ bumper sticker and the Syracuse S bumper sticker are two of the best and most highly recognizable in the sport so if that is what you are paying for dad, go for it!

Shannon Who??

LOL PATHETIC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And unfortunately there you have todays lacrosse club parent "Did you play 6 years of YJ's to go to a state school?" I would say yeah on a couple of fronts- Better education at Binghamton, better playing odds, lower cost with or without athletic money, smaller roster plus my kid isn't the next Shannon.

I believe it should be about the education and if the lacrosse fits even better but many will send their kids almost anywhere at any cost just to play lacrosse.

for todays LI club parent I will concede the YJ bumper sticker and the Syracuse S bumper sticker are two of the best and most highly recognizable in the sport so if that is what you are paying for dad, go for it!

Shannon Who??

LOL PATHETIC

PATHETIC??? WHY???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And unfortunately there you have todays lacrosse club parent "Did you play 6 years of YJ's to go to a state school?" I would say yeah on a couple of fronts- Better education at Binghamton, better playing odds, lower cost with or without athletic money, smaller roster plus my kid isn't the next Shannon.

Shannon Who??

LOL PATHETIC

PATHETIC??? WHY???

You must be kidding, or your lost. This is a board about lacrosse, does your daughter even play lacrosse ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And unfortunately there you have todays lacrosse club parent "Did you play 6 years of YJ's to go to a state school?" I would say yeah on a couple of fronts- Better education at Binghamton, better playing odds, lower cost with or without athletic money, smaller roster plus my kid isn't the next Shannon.

Shannon Who??

LOL PATHETIC

PATHETIC??? WHY???

You must be kidding, or your lost. This is a board about lacrosse, does your daughter even play lacrosse ?

I think it just shows you all how quickly girls college lacrosse becomes irrelevant! Maybe now you will understand why you need an education in something other than lax-101

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3x National Champion at Northwestern
2x Tournament MVP
3x All American
2nd all time tournament points
Tewaraarton Winner
Hofstra Head Coach
Arguably the best player to ever play from Long Island
In Lacrosse it's "Shannon" and in Soccer its Mia as in Mia Hamm
Good luck with your little Shannon LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2x Tournament MVP
3x All American
Tewaraarton Winner
Hofstra Head Coach

You mean WAS Shannon and WAS Mia Hamm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Maryland we have Katie, Zoe and Taylor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But we don't care about Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of whom are overrated. Especially Taylor. What a joke her winning 2x. Totally not deserved. What does she do now? Run lame lax clinics? My daughter is still waiting for the tee shirt she was supposed to send from the waste of time she went too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 times get it right; along with 2 titles and 2 runner ups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shannon Who??

LOL PATHETIC

PATHETIC??? WHY???

There are a few top lacrosse players that have the name Shannon.. no i'm not lost have have 3 girls that play one in college and my other 2 on top teams. Ive been around a long time. I was just wondering which Shannon you were talking about! No need to be Nasty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shannon Who??

LOL PATHETIC

PATHETIC??? WHY???

There are a few top lacrosse players that have the name Shannon.. no i'm not lost have have 3 girls that play one in college and my other 2 on top teams. Ive been around a long time. I was just wondering which Shannon you were talking about! No need to be Nasty

Gilroy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2x Tournament MVP
3x All American
Tewaraarton Winner
Hofstra Head Coach

You mean WAS Shannon and WAS Mia Hamm.

In lacrosse we have JACKOFFALONE. with no crrdentials.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shannon Who??

LOL PATHETIC

PATHETIC??? WHY???

I think it just shows you all how quickly girls college lacrosse becomes irrelevant! Maybe now you will understand why you need an education in something other than lax-101

Best post in a while
Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Best post in a while
Well said

[/quote]

Outside of the top 15 college lacrosse is close to intramural level of play. Hit the books not the wall. There will always be a place to play because there is so very little exceptional talent. And paying to play summer club does not make you exceptional it just means you can travel on the weekends and have enough cash

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All optional. Every other club does it. Liberty you pay all up front
if you ever want to make the elite F&F group its not optional

That is very true. You want to be part of the F&F team.....open up the check book

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 2020 on our high school lax team is going to IMG boarding in Florida for 10th grade for lax.
Anyone heard of this ? the girls lacrosse is new. $75,000 a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 2020 on our high school lax team is going to IMG boarding in Florida for 10th grade for lax.

WHY???? No professional league to aspire to and college is mostly a glorified walk on for the women's game.. IMG is for the sports that pay professionals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHY???? No professional league to aspire to and college is mostly a glorified walk on for the women's game.. IMG is for the sports that pay professionals.

I coach another sport and I have had athletes offered scholarships from IMG, not full scholarships. But it did bring the cost down significantly. I may venture a guess (only a guess) that IMG may be offering some scholarships if they are looking to build a new program with quality players, and attract more quality. There is a lot of wealth in lacrosse, and maybe they are looking to spread some seed money, build a solid high school team and even parlay that into a club team as well and build their lacrosse brand/enrollment in that manner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I coach another sport and I have had athletes offered scholarships from IMG, not full scholarships. But it did bring the cost down significantly. I may venture a guess (only a guess) that IMG may be offering some scholarships if they are looking to build a new program with quality players, and attract more quality. There is a lot of wealth in lacrosse, and maybe they are looking to spread some seed money, build a solid high school team and even parlay that into a club team as well and build their lacrosse brand/enrollment in that manner.

I see the other sport coaches point. MAYBE but this girl is on the B team of a weak westchester team, no superstar.
just boggles my mind! I think it's nutso

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shannon Who??

LOL PATHETIC

PATHETIC??? WHY???

Gilroy

Shannon Gilroy was one of the best women lacrosse players out there. She is one class act! Shannon goes above and beyond to help girls and is one of the best role models out there. I don't even live in Northport!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you live in Setauket and are related to SG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Message to Yellow Jackets director. Please don't take more than 22 girls on '25 Janelli. Please. Way too many last year so girls got half the reps and playing time they are paying for. Raise the price if you must, but reduce the numbers on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Message to Yellow Jackets director. Please don't take more than 22 girls on '25 Janelli. Please. Way too many last year so girls got half the reps and playing time they are paying for. Raise the price if you must, but reduce the numbers on the team.

That will never happen. The director does not give a rats as about you. Only cares about making $$$$. More girls=More $$. Expect at least 25. If you don't like it, you know where the door is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, we are currently at the price point that our market research firm has stated is the maximum that parents will pay for travel lacrosse annual dues. If we raise it anymore - than the product may not be within reach for many families and we will not the numbers we need to hit the revenue that we are looking for per team. Currently - for us to reach that satisfactory annual revenue - we have to bring in revenue via other means. Though it requires many more hours of my time - those extras generate quite a bit of revenue for the club. In the end - isn't it all about the benefits of the girls? Therefore - what benefits the club, will benefit the girls. Thus, we have to keep the roster sizes the same as in prior years. Also, for the club to receive a satisfactory return from the hotels - we have to guarantee a certain number of rooms. Of course this is also for the benefit of the club. Which in the end benefits the girls.
-Signed the director-

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahahaha ... that's never going to ... hahahahaha ... *i can't breathe* ... hahahahaha ... happen ... hahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, we are currently at the price point that our market research firm has stated is the maximum that parents will pay for travel lacrosse annual dues. If we raise it anymore - than the product may not be within reach for many families and we will not the numbers we need to hit the revenue that we are looking for per team. Currently - for us to reach that satisfactory annual revenue - we have to bring in revenue via other means. Though it requires many more hours of my time - those extras generate quite a bit of revenue for the club. In the end - isn't it all about the benefits of the girls? Therefore - what benefits the club, will benefit the girls. Thus, we have to keep the roster sizes the same as in prior years. Also, for the club to receive a satisfactory return from the hotels - we have to guarantee a certain number of rooms. Of course this is also for the benefit of the club. Which in the end benefits the girls.
-Signed the director-

please be sure to sign up for the fall tournament schedule asap, winter clinics and as always privates are highly reccomended

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my only beef is that if they deem a player "A" caliber then that player should play. If the player isn't "A" caliber put her on the "B" team so she sees the field.

The problem is the bottom of the "A" roster falls off a cliff and she still takes them to get the roster size up to 25+ even if they aren't worthy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team who takes more than 22 is grabbing your money. They only care about the starters. The rest are treated like a door mat. FACT!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my only beef is that if they deem a player "A" caliber then that player should play. If the player isn't "A" caliber put her on the "B" team so she sees the field.

The problem is the bottom of the "A" roster falls off a cliff and she still takes them to get the roster size up to 25+ even if they aren't worthy

"A" caliber, "b" caliber ? at 2025 can they even tie their shoes ? Keep spending and living the Dream

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"A" caliber, "b" caliber ? at 2025 can they even tie their shoes ? Keep spending and living the Dream

Yep! My daughter rode the bench in 5th now she starts and Is a difference maker who doesn't leave the field in close games while daddies little 5th grade are superstar sits behind. Love watching the look on some of these idiotic parents faces! Gotta love it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]my only beef is that if they deem a player "A" caliber then that player should play. If the player isn't "A" caliber put her on the "B" team so she sees the field.

Yep! My daughter rode the bench in 5th now she starts and Is a difference maker who doesn't leave the field in close games while daddies little 5th grade are superstar sits behind. Love watching the look on some of these idiotic parents faces! Gotta love it!

Tool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]my only beef is that if they deem a player "A" caliber then that player should play. If the player isn't "A" caliber put her on the "B" team so she sees the field.

Tool

Ouch!! much suck to peak early!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We love the game but hate everything else about it. too much selfish play and way too much money being exchanged. And for 99% of kids playing their offer will be 0% - .33%

An award of a 1/3 pays about $15,000 a year at most privates. Is it really worth it? You can get $15,000 a lot easier with strong GPA's and SAT's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for another useless comment, guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We love the game but hate everything else about it. too much selfish play and way too much money being exchanged. And for 99% of kids playing their offer will be 0% - .33%

An award of a 1/3 pays about $15,000 a year at most privates. Is it really worth it? You can get $15,000 a lot easier with strong GPA's and SAT's

If you view playing a youth sport as strictly a financial investment, you are doing your kid a disservice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most people in the F&F click are probably in for $40,000 over their 10 year run. Better be some payout other than having that F'en Bee on everything I own (shirts, jackets, blankets, hats, stickers, magnets etc)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot about the thousands of dollars worth of swag that your daughter gets for free. That will bring up the total some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most people in the F&F click are probably in for $40,000 over their 10 year run. Better be some payout other than having that F'en Bee on everything I own (shirts, jackets, blankets, hats, stickers, magnets etc)

Payout is your kid had 10 great years of teammates, competing, learning how to lead, learning how to work hard etc. There also might be the payout of helping her get into a college she wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. Then there is the potential for some cost reduction (scholarship) on that college tuition.

Like Reply Quote
Page 296 of 327 1 2 294 295 296 297 298 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard