BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,636
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 85 of 264 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is it all the coaches fault that Sayville is no good. I do believe that it still takes hard work, determination and talent to win!! You cannot just say because the past teams were good that the team should always be good. Maybe the talent is just not there. Sayville has and had a lot of tough athletic kids in the past. Maybe the past teams were very athletic and that any coach even a donkey from West Islip who never played the game in his life could do just enough to look good as a coach and line his pockets with Sayvilles money. MAYBE!!!!!

Do you live in Sayville? The talent is there. Line his pockets? Could you be any more misinformed? You must be one of the scorned who helped get him removed. You are entitled to your opinion but please try to come close to the truth. I have no doubt if money was the determining factor in his decision making, he would have walked away from coaching in Sayville long ago. I have yet to see a coach as committed to a program's success as Coach Doller. He founded the lacrosse program. "Do just enough to look good" Are you seriously question the mans commitment to the program and the players? My two sons would love to have a word with you to explain just what he meant to them and still does. How very sad, really.

My town would kill for a coach like Doller. The group that had him removed are a bunch of fools. He ran a great program, he was dedicated and required that same dedication from his players. You couldn't ask for any more from the guy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please get this thread back on point....

We need to get back to trashing Syosset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it all the coaches fault that Sayville is no good. I do believe that it still takes hard work, determination and talent to win!! You cannot just say because the past teams were good that the team should always be good. Maybe the talent is just not there. Sayville has and had a lot of tough athletic kids in the past. Maybe the past teams were very athletic and that any coach even a donkey from West Islip who never played the game in his life could do just enough to look good as a coach and line his pockets with Sayvilles money. MAYBE!!!!!

Do you live in Sayville? The talent is there. Line his pockets? Could you be any more misinformed? You must be one of the scorned who helped get him removed. You are entitled to your opinion but please try to come close to the truth. I have no doubt if money was the determining factor in his decision making, he would have walked away from coaching in Sayville long ago. I have yet to see a coach as committed to a program's success as Coach Doller. He founded the lacrosse program. "Do just enough to look good" Are you seriously question the mans commitment to the program and the players? My two sons would love to have a word with you to explain just what he meant to them and still does. How very sad, really.

My town would kill for a coach like Doller. The group that had him removed are a bunch of fools. He ran a great program, he was dedicated and required that same dedication from his players. You couldn't ask for any more from the guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As per Sayville, Doller was a great coach there, regardless of what you may think of him as a coach as far as Xs and Os is concerned he won, period! Sayville has talent and a great youth league so the pipeline keeps coming, ever wonder why people arent lining up to take the job?
You have the Connetquot, Bayport, entire Floyd staff, Longwood staff (sayville alum) all live in Sayville. You could put together a monster staff of Luce Megna Miller Deluca and Hayes that would easily rank as one of the best staffs around, but for some reason none of them is overly excited (or so Ive heard) about coaching the Golden Flashes even though they would be fully vested in the programwith kids coming up.....why is that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard it was a board member that did not like Doller and he bounced him. I live in Nassau but know a few teachers in the district and they all said Doller was liked by all except the board member. They told me he was an excellent coach, unfortunate that one board member has that much authority. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville has made it to the semi finals 2 years ina row, under the current coach. It's not like they are missing the playoffs. Don't over exaggerate the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team this year had 4 Division 1 commits and 3 Division 3 commits. That's 7 out of ten starters going on to play at the next level. Probably more if you count the under classman. So there was talent. They went 7-9 . Mediocre at best. Coaching and motivation at the High school level means a lot. Every team on Long Island has good players .Commitment during the off season is lacking now. There are no off season practicing. No tournaments. Nothing! With Doller you had all of that. Look at the competition. They ALL do those things and it shows!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know how any family that had boys play for Doller could have anything bad to say. He put more time into the program than any varsity coach around and treated our boys like his own. Our boys have graduated and had the pleasure and the fondest memories playing for Coach Doller. I know Coach Fleming and he is also a very nice guy. I don't think people are complaining about the new coach. I just feel our town would just like to restore Sayville Lacrosse back to how it was!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Organize a group to attend the next Sayville school board meeting and voice your feelings. Get a petition started. How can we allow a few with some power to ruin the lacrosse experience of our kids? Don't let this happen. Everyone hoped it would work out somehow, that Coach Doller would just ask back in. He's had success at Farmingdale U and may be on a different track now but our community needs to at least try to bring him back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville has made it to the semi finals 2 years ina row, under the current coach. It's not like they are missing the playoffs. Don't over exaggerate the situation.

The losses to SWR were embarrassing. Our record this year with that roster was nothing short of horrid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We see the program in decline...the past two seasons were with most of Dollers trained talent and they still had some of their former coaches fire. You will see. The division that they were in was cut in half. That's why you saw team's that have never been in finals there (Islip, ESM , East Islip) This season was much easier. I would love to know who this guy is with all the negative BS and answers. No team should make the playoffs with a losing record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We see the program in decline...the past two seasons were with most of Dollers trained talent and they still had some of their former coaches fire. You will see. The division that they were in was cut in half. That's why you saw team's that have never been in finals there (Islip, ESM , East Islip) This season was much easier. I would love to know who this guy is with all the negative BS and answers. No team should make the playoffs with a losing record.

Funny thing, there were very few parents even whispering anything negative when my boys were playing for Doller and that was about playing time. Same BS as always, the few that complain have big influence because the rest of us remain silent. Its really time for action. One of my boys is coaching now and he has said over and over he just uses Coach Doller as the example for what to do, how to behave and the model for work ethic required. Has anyone even asked him if he wants to return or would be willing to return to Sayville?

Bring back Coach Doller

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the Sophomores!! They are NOT the best players. The upperclassmen such as Wichelns, would be much more deserving.

I have been watching HS lacrosse for the last 20 years and have seen many, many really good players and a few on this list are really, really good and Wichelns is IMHO the best on the list....but, you only have one "Special" player on that list. One kid that can be in the same conversation with the best of the best players to come off of Long Island in the last 20 years and he is a sophomore this year.

I agree that Sophmore on the list is a very special one of a kind player.

Let's do a Thursday "throw around". Each Thursday I'll ask who is the best 6 At each position.

Let's start out with Face off's.

here are a few... that can help there teams
Sandoval
Patrakis
Giaquinto
Calderone

Michael (Farmingdale)
LaSalla, (Rocky Point) he is way more than just a fogo - IMHOP one of the top players on the Island this year

Carere (Connetquot)

Pape (West Islip)

Stop. Please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Coach we will keep it mind when we want some blowhard who has no lacrosse IQ what so ever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEARD BOTH CHSAA AND NY STATE SECTIONS JUST GOT $$ FROM A GRANT TO DRUG TEST ATHLETES. USING A HAIR SAMPLE METHOD.

TRYING TO GET DETAILS, IMPACT COULD BE BEFORE CHRISTMAS MAYBE AS SOON AS OCTOBER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEARD BOTH CHSAA AND NY STATE SECTIONS JUST GOT $$ FROM A GRANT TO DRUG TEST ATHLETES. USING A HAIR SAMPLE METHOD.

TRYING TO GET DETAILS, IMPACT COULD BE BEFORE CHRISTMAS MAYBE AS SOON AS OCTOBER.

dude - stop yelling, your harshing my mellow.... Seriously, from my experience, hair follicle sample testing is only for Cocaine, Marijuana, Opiates, methamphetamine's, amphetamines, ecstasy, PCP. these are generally the things hair follicle test can show. The reason hair follicle tests are used is they also display pattern of usage and cannot be "fixed".

IMHO - If they were going to do wide scale testing on HS athletes I believe they would be testing for steroids, not the fun stuff. I also can not fathom a grant for the millions and millions of dollars it would cost to test all athletes, all sports across the state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

dude - stop yelling, your harshing my mellow.... Seriously, from my experience, hair follicle sample testing is only for Cocaine, Marijuana, Opiates, methamphetamine's, amphetamines, ecstasy, PCP. these are generally the things hair follicle test can show. The reason hair follicle tests are used is they also display pattern of usage and cannot be "fixed".

IMHO - If they were going to do wide scale testing on HS athletes I believe they would be testing for steroids, not the fun stuff. I also can not fathom a grant for the millions and millions of dollars it would cost to test all athletes, all sports across the state.

Like there isn't an Opiod epidemic out there, maybe the goal is to capture repeat usage. Not sure they are going after the roids of the 80's. Controversial at best, but the tests also capture pot usage, which would bastardized many schools.

I hear you on the cost, sounds prohibitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please let us know your source for this info. I would personally be opposed to such a rule that would separate out the athletes from the general student body as it pertains to illegal drugs, It would penalize these athletes to standards not required by the general student body. IMHO the difference between a student and a student athlete as it relates to drugs would only be about PED - so if this is true, I would personally oppose any drug testing for student athletes except for PED..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS Athletes do not get drug tested. If they get caught with drugs/alcohol, they can be kicked off the team, otherwise they cannot be randomly tested. College is a different story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please let us know your source for this info. I would personally be opposed to such a rule that would separate out the athletes from the general student body as it pertains to illegal drugs, It would penalize these athletes to standards not required by the general student body. IMHO the difference between a student and a student athlete as it relates to drugs would only be about PED - so if this is true, I would personally oppose any drug testing for student athletes except for PED..

Students participating in any extracurricular activity in a school are able to be randomly tested - the US Supreme Court in 2002 expanded the power of public schools to allow for this. I would suspect that the grant is for random, spot tests, not all inclusive testing. The NCAA was doing this as early as back in the 80s as I had to submit to tests for two different NCAA sports two times in four years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will never happen. The parents don't allow their kids to take state tests never mind taking a drug test. Who gets the results, how are results protected, how long are test results held...on and on. HIPAA, privacy rights do I need to go on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Students participating in any extracurricular activity in a school are able to be randomly tested - the US Supreme Court in 2002 expanded the power of public schools to allow for this. I would suspect that the grant is for random, spot tests, not all inclusive testing. The NCAA was doing this as early as back in the 80s as I had to submit to tests for two different NCAA sports two times in four years.

Thank you, i agree with you that it would probably be for random testing, again though, it should be for general student body and not just for athletes or specific, sports, gender ect. personally I think they should start with the jazz club then the theater group and then the young republican.... and finally the lax bro's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you, i agree with you that it would probably be for random testing, again though, it should be for general student body and not just for athletes or specific, sports, gender ect. personally I think they should start with the jazz club then the theater group and then the young republican.... and finally the lax bro's

There is ongoing debate that a school can legally test without suspicion for the general student body - allowance for random testing of those participating in activities is already a given, legally speaking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will never happen. The parents don't allow their kids to take state tests never mind taking a drug test. Who gets the results, how are results protected, how long are test results held...on and on. HIPAA, privacy rights do I need to go on.

The Supreme Court has already ruled on this - the general student body cannot be tested, but extracurricular activity participants can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supreme Court Upholds High School Drug Testing

June 27, 2002 at 3:26 PM EDT

A closely-divided court ruled 5 to 4 that the ability of schools to rid their campuses of illegal drugs outweighs an individual’s right to privacy. The decision allows schools to test students who participate in any competitive after-school programs for drug use, even without any particular suspicion of wrongdoing.

Previously, only student athletes were required to submit to drug testing due to a 1995 Supreme Court ruling that athletes had less of an expectation for privacy and schools had a right to investigate potential drug abuse problems.

The ruling came in the case of an Oklahoma high school student who competed on an academic quiz team and sang in the school choir. Lindsay Earls tested negative for drug use but sued over a testing policy she found humiliating and accusatory.

“We find that testing students who participate in extracurricular activities is a reasonably effective means of addressing the school district’s legitimate concerns in preventing, deterring and detecting drug use,” Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in a majority opinion for himself, Chief Justice William Rehnquist and Justices Antonin Scalia, Anthony Kennedy and Stephen Breyer.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote that the testing program was “not reasonable, it is capricious, even perverse,” in a dissent for herself and Justice John Paul Stevens. Justices Sandra Day O’Connor and David Souter filed a brief, separate dissent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Supreme Court has already ruled on this - the general student body cannot be tested, but extracurricular activity participants can.

I think it is a great idea. Whether they do or don't, why not put it out there that they can and may. Maybe somewhat of an added deterrent.

Either way, (real or not), parents, you think something is up, why not just go to your local drug store and get a test. If they haven't done anything whats the harm, especially if you do it in the privacy of your home. Act now, it's never too late, it's your kids for goodness sake.

and for those of you that know or allow your kids to drink, smoke, whatever, what are you waiting for, time is now to man up and be a parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's understood. What I believe isnt is....Boys/Girls Sports?? Equally?? Girls/Boys Band??.. Girls/Boys Theater?? Girls/Boys clubs??? All are extracurricular.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's understood. What I believe isnt is....Boys/Girls Sports?? Equally?? Girls/Boys Band??.. Girls/Boys Theater?? Girls/Boys clubs??? All are extracurricular.

What is the be understood? If a school wishes to test any participants of extracurricular activities - ANY - they can choose to do so with no cause/suspicion. The only question here is whether the NYSPHSAA or the CHSAA are administering the tests, or if they will need the participating schools to do so in order to be eligible for play. I would suspect the later since the schools already have the legal rights to do so, whereas the NYSPHSAA or CHSAA would likely face a legal challenge on their right to do so. Either way, they can funnel the grant funds to the schools to do so. Without reading up on it, I also supect the grant will not allow for comprehensive - read: all sports - if that is true, then expect specific sports to be chosen as part of a 'test', both on the boys and girls side. Will that include lax? Who knows? But maybe since it is a common sport between both boys and girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there special rules for New [lacrosse] State?

Yes. Education Law section 912-a states that drug testing of students may only occur "upon the written request or consent of a parent of, or person in parental relation to, a child." If a student is 18 years of age or older, he or she can independently grant consent.

Additionally, the commissioner of education has held that if a parent refuses to give consent for such testing, a student may not be precluded from participating in any extracurricular activities.

So while New [lacrosse] allows suspicionless drug testing of students, it is limited to voluntary participation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there special rules for New [lacrosse] State?

Yes. Education Law section 912-a states that drug testing of students may only occur "upon the written request or consent of a parent of, or person in parental relation to, a child." If a student is 18 years of age or older, he or she can independently grant consent.

Additionally, the commissioner of education has held that if a parent refuses to give consent for such testing, a student may not be precluded from participating in any extracurricular activities.

So while New [lacrosse] allows suspicionless drug testing of students, it is limited to voluntary participation.

What you've cited is for testing the general student population - testing of participants in extracurricular activities is not as restrictive, IE, parental consent is not required. While the NYSSBA cites "extracurricular activities" on its site, it is NOT an opinion related to the allowable testing of activity participants, just that refusal of general population testing could not preclude participation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple answer to your worries. Teach/tell your kids not to do drugs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny thing, there were very few parents even whispering anything negative when my boys were playing for Doller and that was about playing time. Same BS as always, the few that complain have big influence because the rest of us remain silent. Its really time for action. One of my boys is coaching now and he has said over and over he just uses Coach Doller as the example for what to do, how to behave and the model for work ethic required. Has anyone even asked him if he wants to return or would be willing to return to Sayville?

Bring back Coach Doller

Hey Sayville I have a great idea.... Why don't you let Dollar move on and think about getting another Coach. My recommendation would be to ask a few of the Connetquot Coaches. If you hurry you may be able to snag them before the season starts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As though it is that easy . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As though it is that easy . . .

A team is made up of many players each has its own role and impacts a team differently. It's not only your kid you need to worry about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uncertain but when you sign those consent forms to play HS sports do you lose your volunteer stance to say no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the issue, kid will test positive, parents will believe his story, parents will sue state/school district and get a stay on the whole thing. It will quietly go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High Schools will never test for steroids it is way to expensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We drug test our new hires privately, costs about 20 dollars a test. This is individual test not "group" testing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bring back Coach Doller

Hey Sayville I have a great idea.... Why don't you let Dollar move on and think about getting another Coach. My recommendation would be to ask a few of the Connetquot Coaches. If you hurry you may be able to snag them before the season starts.

I think the entire Sayville lacrosse community would agree the number one preference would be to rehire with sincere apologies the best coach, Coach Doller. Honestly, I still can't believe we allowed some dweebs to run off the most dedicated and best coach we could ask for. Insanity.

Bring back Coach Doller

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

spoken like a true @$$ who has never been to a wake of a young person who has lost their battle with drugs, never been there to comfort family that was burying their teenage child, never been in group counseling or dropped a loved one at a rehab facility. Enjoy your perfect life and your perfect family and thank whomever it is you pray to for sparing you this heartache. The rest of us live in the real world and it is not that simple.

Like Reply Quote
Page 85 of 264 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard