BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Re: Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]You are not getting into Norte Dame, UVA and Duke with Bs and Cs. There is a limit as to how much the coach can do. Best to shoot for UNC where their athletes take paper classes. [/quote

UVA can not be held at the same standard as the other to...sorry daddy

[quote=Anonymous]You are not getting into Norte Dame, UVA and Duke with Bs and Cs. There is a limit as to how much the coach can do. Best to shoot for UNC where their athletes take paper classes. [/quote

I'm not the daddy, but unless you are a top 20 recruit you are not getting accepted to UVA witH Bs and Cs from out of state.

My son is a blue chip recruit and turned down UVA with a B average. You would be very surprised at the schools that would take him.

Been through the recruiting process a couple of times. IMHO it would be wise to pick a school your son can compete at both academically and athletically. Academically being the more important of the two. If you think your son belongs at ND or UVA or some other high academic school with B/B+ average in HS you're heading for trouble. Mine was recruited by Ivies, Academies and High Patriot. Would have loved to see him go to one of those schools. Went to a school closer to his Academic profile and is doing fine.The reality is, without lacrosse he'd never get into those other schools. Not sure he would get out either if he had gone because of Lacrosse. Playing a sport like Lacrosse at the D1 level is a full time job. Very tough to do and still be able to study and have a social life. Not sure you're doing your son any favors by putting him in a situation where he has to struggle to get C's. Coming out of UVA with 1.9 in Social Sciences or something is not getting you anywhere. Even if the degree says UVA.

Same here!! My son is having a tough enough time at a top 50 school/ top 10 Lax, although he could have walked right into any of the others you mentioned with a B average. We are happy with the choice he made. People don't understand how difficult it is juggling D1 and academics. Oh, and the "tutors" they promise are not miracle workers!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You had to know Turtles tryouts would be pre-determined. I have news for you, playing time is probably already sketched out as well. Manhasset daddies didn't leave FL$ to take a chance that things wouldn't work out well for their future D1 superstar sons. Ha ha ha.

My son was on FL$, the Manhasset dads were good people.

Your comment doesn't refute the quoted post . . . they are not mutually exclusive things . . .

I wouldn't waste my time attempting to refute a baseless claim. Oh sorry, does the fact he says "I have news for you" mean he has actual knowledge? Using a term like daddies for grown men and referring to their sons as future D1 superstars was intentionally demeaning, or maybe that subtlety was lost on you. My post was intended to contradict that insinuation. Good fathers, good kids, not sure why you or anyone else would care what they are doing. Focus on your own kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You had to know Turtles tryouts would be pre-determined. I have news for you, playing time is probably already sketched out as well. Manhasset daddies didn't leave FL$ to take a chance that things wouldn't work out well for their future D1 superstar sons. Ha ha ha.

My son was on FL$, the Manhasset dads were good people.

Your comment doesn't refute the quoted post . . . they are not mutually exclusive things . . .

I wouldn't waste my time attempting to refute a baseless claim. Oh sorry, does the fact he says "I have news for you" mean he has actual knowledge? Using a term like daddies for grown men and referring to their sons as future D1 superstars was intentionally demeaning, or maybe that subtlety was lost on you. My post was intended to contradict that insinuation. Good fathers, good kids, not sure why you or anyone else would care what they are doing. Focus on your own kid.

Why do other parents care? Because when back room deals happen those kids and families who play by the rules lose out. There are certain parents who refuse to let honest competition happen and are always looking for an angle. You can say that is the way of the world or whatever but you can't say no one else has a right to be annoyed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were standouts at turtles? Any schools in particular or positions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is playing with fire with the way they handle the boys that attend Catholic school. If you choose to leave Express for another club your son's playing time at his high school will be affected. The fact that they would do this to 15 year old boys is just pathetic. They should be very careful. Parents aren't going to sit on there hands anymore. They should be ashamed of themselves.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not the daddy, but unless you are a top 20 recruit you are not getting accepted to UVA witH Bs and Cs from out of state.

My son is a blue chip recruit and turned down UVA with a B average. You would be very surprised at the schools that would take him.

Been through the recruiting process a couple of times. IMHO it would be wise to pick a school your son can compete at both academically and athletically. Academically being the more important of the two. If you think your son belongs at ND or UVA or some other high academic school with B/B+ average in HS you're heading for trouble. Mine was recruited by Ivies, Academies and High Patriot. Would have loved to see him go to one of those schools. Went to a school closer to his Academic profile and is doing fine.The reality is, without lacrosse he'd never get into those other schools. Not sure he would get out either if he had gone because of Lacrosse. Playing a sport like Lacrosse at the D1 level is a full time job. Very tough to do and still be able to study and have a social life. Not sure you're doing your son any favors by putting him in a situation where he has to struggle to get C's. Coming out of UVA with 1.9 in Social Sciences or something is not getting you anywhere. Even if the degree says UVA.

Yes and No. While I found playing ball at a D I college and finding time to study to be a challenge, the support I recieved through the athletic department and the tutors it provided to be a big help. You're not playing ball at UVA with a 1.9, so there is a good deal of support to make sure your GPA doesn't slip that low

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is playing with fire with the way they handle the boys that attend Catholic school. If you choose to leave Express for another club your son's playing time at his high school will be affected. The fact that they would do this to 15 year old boys is just pathetic. They should be very careful. Parents aren't going to sit on there hands anymore. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I disagree that leaving means your son's playing time will be negatively impacted. The coaches definitely play that intimidation card but, in the end, are smart enough to understand that they cannot retaliate in that fashion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of examples of players from 9D1, FL$ and other non-Express clubs being stars at Chaminade...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty ? To say politics don't exist would be naive ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree that leaving means your son's playing time will be negatively impacted. The coaches definitely play that intimidation card but, in the end, are smart enough to understand that they cannot retaliate in that fashion.

There are parents out there that have been told, "If you leave, your son will not see the field this lacrosse season". You call that intimidation, someone else may see that as a threat. We are talking about 15 year old boys here. Why would any parent want their 15 year old son around a coach / organization that condones this type of "intimidation"?? I know that this isn't a new practice but I wonder what the administrators at St. Anthony's or Chaminade would think about how Express handles their business.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are parents out there that have been told, "If you leave, your son will not see the field this lacrosse season". You call that intimidation, someone else may see that as a threat. We are talking about 15 year old boys here. Why would any parent want their 15 year old son around a coach / organization that condones this type of "intimidation"?? I know that this isn't a new practice but I wonder what the administrators at St. Anthony's or Chaminade would think about how Express handles their business.

The Admin has looked the other way for years when it comes to Express/Channy, etc. It is extremely bad for the Catholic religion and its representatives. My son has gone to Catholic elementary but not going to the HS because of this. What a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it hard to believe a threat like that was made that explicitly by either of those institutions or anyone representing them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long island club rankings based on their tryouts:

1. Crush

2. Terps
3. Legggac

4. Igloo
5. FL$
6.True Blue

Then the B teams like
Moran/Wiz
9D1 orange
express Leghart
empire

Turtles would all my guess in the 4-6 spot, but know one knows because they have never played a game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are Catholic high schools that aren't controlled by express coaches...send your kids there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long island club rankings based on their tryouts:

1. Crush

2. Terps
3. Legggac

4. Igloo
5. FL$
6.True Blue

Then the B teams like
Moran/Wiz
9D1 orange
express Leghart
empire

Turtles would all my guess in the 4-6 spot, but know one knows because they have never played a game

How the [lacrosse] can anyone rank teams based upon tryouts??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ST JOHN THE BAPTIST!!!!!! In need of face off guy watched a few games last year talented young team may surprise teams this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express made those threats and will continue to do so until someone calls them out on it. Shameful!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if St Dominic's will ever be good since they have a non-Express coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the Express model and the coaches and directors have done it for years. Keith Weiczorak (St Anthony's), Mike Channechuck (St Anthony's), Mike Schwalje (Kellenberg),and Jack Moran (Chaminade) all personally engaged in this intimidating, bullying, despicable behavior. Its incredible the Catholic schools don't take their own mission seriously enough to protect these kids from this behavior. The curtain will be pulled back on these predators and the numerous scams they continue to operate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if St Dominic's will ever be good since they have a non-Express coach?

They will not. Best players they ever had just graduated. Prior and current coach were/are good however NONE of the sports there have the support of the administration.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the Express model and the coaches and directors have done it for years. Keith Weiczorak (St Anthony's), Mike Channechuck (St Anthony's), Mike Schwalje (Kellenberg),and Jack Moran (Chaminade) all personally engaged in this intimidating, bullying, despicable behavior. Its incredible the Catholic schools don't take their own mission seriously enough to protect these kids from this behavior. The curtain will be pulled back on these predators and the numerous scams they continue to operate.

The Express 2020 B and D team head coach blatantly tells kids that go to Chaminade that they will get favoritism if they play for Express. It's common knowledge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Visor dad is a moron.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New coach only cares about his own kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3-6 are interchangeable... above and below groupings are clear though. Turtles 7-10. its doesn't really matter at all though. There are kids on 1,2 that should be on 8-10 and vice versa throughout the ranks...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About how many tried out for the Turtles? And how much are they going to take on the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all secrets. still trying to get enough bodies, but they'll win faceoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all secrets. still trying to get enough bodies, but they'll win faceoffs.

You are misinformed...they have the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Express 2020 B and D team head coach blatantly tells kids that go to Chaminade that they will get favoritism if they play for Express. It's common knowledge.

Mass exodus from Express B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahah visor dad is back at it, what a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which express B? they will field 4 teams at this grade. only one A, the rest are B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's 91 orange looking after tryouts? One of the stronger B teams or weaker?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they will still suck. haven't been good in years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's 91 orange looking after tryouts? One of the stronger B teams or weaker?

they will still suck. haven't been good in years.

They were actually a pretty good team last year, Beat Express's B team 10-5 in NLF Summer Championship. If the same kids return and they add a few pieces, they will be good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where will Visor dad be this coming season? Turtles?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where will Visor dad be this coming season? Turtles?

You've got a real fetish for grown men in visors, we get it already!! Disturbing to think you are roaming the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Visor Dad is a tool bag. No fetish here, the guy is a sideline cancer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

grow some balls and let him know how you feel next time you see him rather than hiding behind your anonymous posts and taking over the forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any more teams hosting tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

grow some balls and let him know how you feel next time you see him rather than hiding behind your anonymous posts and taking over the forum.

Exactly!! This guy was probably everyone's friend on the sidelines and then rips them apart behind their backs. I've never heard such a wimp complain as much as this guy about another parent. His kid would probably die of embarrassment if he knew he was on here whining like this.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard