BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Boys 2027 - 3rd Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2027 - 3rd Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Igloo for this grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to Igloo for this grade?

What happened? Trouble fielding a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to know too.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
having issues with people committing, tryouts too early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All teams should do tryouts in Late July and give everyone a lax free Aug

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All teams should do tryouts in Late July and give everyone a lax free Aug

True Dat!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good teams looking for supplemental tryouts at this age? We were away on vacation and couldn't make tryouts. I have a son who plays Attack and is very good. I live in the Melville area. Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both empire and fighting ducks have yet to have tryouts and are located near Melville. I do not know if they have a team at this age group or how strong the team is/will be but both programs have success at the older age groups.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good teams looking for supplemental tryouts at this age? We were away on vacation and couldn't make tryouts. I have a son who plays Attack and is very good. I live in the Melville area. Thank you

He is in 3rd grade. Don't start eating your chest just yet. You have years to go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is tonight. 530 east islip marina. Great team and coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total flop. Legacy is a drowning club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Low turnout? Trying to figure out who will be among the best at this age group. 91 will be good. Express had a very low turnout and not impressive talent at their tryouts. Igloo seems like a bit of a mess, kids passed on spots on the B team but then got call backs for the A team a couple weeks later after others didn't accept. Thought Legacy could be good. Their 2024 & 2025 teams are excellent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has a lock on 2027. Not saying it to be a jerk, but nothing compares to them. When you start off as strong as they did all the good kids will keep flocking there for years to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 2027 will be legit. Tons of talent from out easy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea why there were so many kids from 91 at the Igloo tryout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo couldn't even field a second team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if Igloo is still looking to field a second team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That doesn't answer why there were 13 kids from 91 at the tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That doesn't answer why there were 13 kids from 91 at the tryout.

Because 91 basically had enough for 4 2nd grade teams last year. They had a Manhasset team with about 25 kids and two teams coached by Spallina with about 50 kids so there were plenty of kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 results and teams made for 91. They only made 2 teams our of atleast 80 plus kids at tryouts. Both of their teams will be real good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 results and teams made for 91. They only made 2 teams our of atleast 80 plus kids at tryouts. Both of their teams will be real good.

Did Igloo fill their team with 91 kids who got cut?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post is ridiculous. This team will be legit. My kid is very talented. All the 3rd grade rock stars in my older sons grade are now middle of the pack with everyone else or have quit lacrosse. This is. Marathon not a sprint. Relax 3rd grade dads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post is ridiculous. This team will be legit. My kid is very talented. All the 3rd grade rock stars in my older sons grade are now middle of the pack with everyone else or have quit lacrosse. This is. Marathon not a sprint. Relax 3rd grade dads.

I agree! Parents were just wiping these kids butts just a couple years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know what is ridiculous? Making an A and B team for this grade. Directors should be ashamed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides the top programs, any other suggestions for teams at this age level?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. These kids just finished second grade. At this age, if a kid can catch and throw they are automatically awesome. But in a few years all the kids will be able to do that (at least all the kids interested in travel lacrosse). At this point, athleticism, speed, quickness and aggression take over.

There are generally two resets. The first will come soon for these kids - its what I just described above. The second comes a bit later when they hit puberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides the top programs, any other suggestions for teams at this age level?

tryouts are over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know what is ridiculous? Making an A and B team for this grade. Directors should be ashamed.

From a business POV, if they have enough boys to do two teams, they will have two teams. How would you divy it up - two 'equal' teams? At some point during the season, one will perform better than the other, even if only by a small amount, and then the labels will be added after the fact by the parents. So, you're then at the same point - as a director, it may be easier to just go that route from the outset. Kids aren't locked into those labels year after year - each year's tryouts allow them all to be reevaluated, either within the same program, or with another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From a business POV, if they have enough boys to do two teams, they will have two teams. How would you divy it up - two 'equal' teams? At some point during the season, one will perform better than the other, even if only by a small amount, and then the labels will be added after the fact by the parents. So, you're then at the same point - as a director, it may be easier to just go that route from the outset. Kids aren't locked into those labels year after year - each year's tryouts allow them all to be reevaluated, either within the same program, or with another.

At this age you need to develop a child. You shouldn't take their parents money if they can't play, but if they are good to great then develop them as a whole, unless you're worried about your reputation on BOTC by losers who say your team is a "B" team. If you are a director... go read leadership books, you might learn something about building a cohesive unit, strong will to have the players take care of one another, win/lose as a team, etc. Very important life lessons. What I learned in team building with average players is that they can accomplish much more than egocentric ball hogs and coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this age you need to develop a child. You shouldn't take their parents money if they can't play, but if they are good to great then develop them as a whole, unless you're worried about your reputation on BOTC by losers who say your team is a "B" team. If you are a director... go read leadership books, you might learn something about building a cohesive unit, strong will to have the players take care of one another, win/lose as a team, etc. Very important life lessons. What I learned in team building with average players is that they can accomplish much more than egocentric ball hogs and coaches.

So long as you have PARENTS caught up in the programs and A team aspects, the directors will do what makes the most money - very few of them a re willing to forego profits for what's best for the boys development, and it's mostly on the parents! People run businesses that provide services that the customers 'want' most and are willing to pay for most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So long as you have PARENTS caught up in the programs and A team aspects, the directors will do what makes the most money - very few of them a re willing to forego profits for what's best for the boys development, and it's mostly on the parents! People run businesses that provide services that the customers 'want' most and are willing to pay for most.

Owners are A holes!!!!!!¡

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info on new club teams S2S and/or 24 at this age level? Coaches for both these teams seem very accomplished...

Low turnout? Trying to figure out who will be among the best at this age group. 91 will be good. Express had a very low turnout and not impressive talent at their tryouts. Igloo seems like a bit of a mess, kids passed on spots on the B team but then got call backs for the A team a couple weeks later after others didn't accept. Thought Legacy could be good. Their 2024 & 2025 teams are excellent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info on new club teams S2S and/or 24 at this age level? Coaches for both these teams seem very accomplished...

How many 91 teams are there? Indians, Orange & Navy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year is going to be the year for 91 and Express. Igloo screwed up and can't field two teams, and Legacy can't pull enough kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9d1 has 2 teams at 2027

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year is going to be the year for 91 and Express. Igloo screwed up and can't field two teams, and Legacy can't pull enough kids.

Express gave offers to kids who didn't even go to the tryouts. And I'm not talking about kids they knew who didn't have to bother trying out, I'm talking about kids they never even saw or had any info on. Not a great sign...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express gave offers to kids who didn't even go to the tryouts. And I'm not talking about kids they knew who didn't have to bother trying out, I'm talking about kids they never even saw or had any info on. Not a great sign...

Thats because a 2 grand check from an 8 year old who never touched a stick before is just as good as a 2 grand check from a kid who can catch, throw and shoot. Your only hope is that they segregate the kids based on ability is a way that is smart and sensible. But as a friend of mine who has a baseball playing son has said "travel is not travel if everyone is doing it."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue has a great team. They also have top teams in 2025, 2024 and 2023 that compete with the top teams.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard