BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 101 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching express

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Since 1977 these are the STATE CHAMPIONS:
Suffolk:
WM- 9
West Islip- 5
SWR- 3
Sachem-2
Huntington-2
Comsewoque-2
Rocky Pt-1
Mount Sinai-1
Northport-1

Nassau:
Garden City- 6
Manhasset- 4
Cold Spring Harbor- 4
Lynbrook- 2
Wantagh- 1
Massapequa- 1
Bethpage- 1
South Side- 1
Elmont- 1
Farmingdale- 1

Id say 26 and 22 are pretty close. Bottom line Long Island has a ton of lacrosse rich schools in both Nassau & Suffolk. Stop all this non sense

Thx for doing the research, but the topic is Nassau vs Suffolk for this grade, 2024, not HS championships since the 1970's. Try to focus here. Somebody thinks Nassau has "legit" town teams at this age. Still waiting for a response as to what teams they have beaten, that qualify them as "legit". Guessing I'm going to wait a very long time for that response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching express

Guessing Schwale again. What's up with that guy? My son did the Warrior tourney at UMass and he was head coach. He never made a single attempt to interact with parents in the three days we were there, that I am aware of. Odd, I thought. Is he always like that with parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching express

Guessing Schwale again. What's up with that guy? My son did the Warrior tourney at UMass and he was head coach. He never made a single attempt to interact with parents in the three days we were there, that I am aware of. Odd, I thought. Is he always like that with parents?

Keenan same way. Non dad coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching express

Maybe he just stays away from the crazies and those who post on here.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching express

Guessing your son wasn't that good then. If he would he would have spoken to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching express

Schwalje A
O'Reilly B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching express

Guessing your son wasn't that good then. If he would he would have spoken to you.

Guess again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching express

Schwalje A
O'Reilly B

O'Reilly, I mean nobody zC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RVC, GC and Manhadset's top 16-17 players would smoke Commack, ESM, and BBP. All of the Nassau schools split up their players on multiple teams. The Suffolk schools bring their top 14 to tourneys, Sure they is good for tourneys but when HS starts those teams are toast. That's the facts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching express

Guess again.

Did I hit a nerve? Your son was one of the players that was chosen for political reasons. If your son was a good player he would have spoke to you and asked you to play for him this year. He's not warm and fuzzy but he's a solid coach but only talks to the players he thinks are worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RVC, GC and Manhadset's top 16-17 players would smoke Commack, ESM, and BBP. All of the Nassau schools split up their players on multiple teams. The Suffolk schools bring their top 14 to tourneys, Sure they is good for tourneys but when HS starts those teams are toast. That's the facts.

Merrick/Bellmore and Wantagh have solid teams too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching express

so..... in my experience he is a respectful coach, treats the players well, and he is super knowledgeable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk:
WM- 9
West Islip- 5
SWR- 3
Sachem-2
Huntington-2
Comsewoque-2
Rocky Pt-1
Mount Sinai-1
Northport-1

Nassau:
Garden City- 6
Manhasset- 4
Cold Spring Harbor- 4
Lynbrook- 2
Wantagh- 1
Massapequa- 1
Bethpage- 1
South Side- 1
Elmont- 1
Farmingdale- 1

Id say 26 and 22 are pretty close. Bottom line Long Island has a ton of lacrosse rich schools in both Nassau & Suffolk. Stop all this non sense

Thx for doing the research, but the topic is Nassau vs Suffolk for this grade, 2024, not HS championships since the 1970's. Try to focus here. Somebody thinks Nassau has "legit" town teams at this age. Still waiting for a response as to what teams they have beaten, that qualify them as "legit". Guessing I'm going to wait a very long time for that response.

You have to remember that St Anthony's chaminade and all these other cathloic schools are full of Nassau kids. If you took them out and put them in the home towns it wouldn't be close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks you illiterate fool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is coaching express

Guess again.

Did I hit a nerve? Your son was one of the players that was chosen for political reasons. If your son was a good player he would have spoke to you and asked you to play for him this year. He's not warm and fuzzy but he's a solid coach but only talks to the players he thinks are worth it.

Smart [lacrosse]. Read the post and respond to what you read. Tough concept, I know. Never said the coach didn't talk to the kids. In fact, he did talk to a few of the kids with my kid being one of them. Although I don't think there was any interest at all since they all play on much better teams than his. What I said was he didnt talk to any of the parents, at any time, that I am aware of. Hope that I dumbed it down enough for you to understand. No disrespect to the coach intended, as I know nothing about him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So at this age right now, what Nassau town teams play and beat club teams? That was the original question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why I'm even responding to this, as Suffolk superiority at the 2024 grade is so well documented over the past several years, but what the [lacrosse]... Mr Excuses, excuses are for losers and you sir are a loser. I know you put your top 17 fanatasy team out there, since such a scenario can't be disproved. Unfortunately for you it actually does exist in the form of Nassau travel teams. What is your fantasy 17's record against our top 2 Suffolk travel teams? Nassau hasn't won a single game. In fact, there hasn't even been a competitive game since these teams started, in 2nd grade!

I'm done with you now. Instead of talking BS on this site, go out and teach your little Billy how to catch a lacrosse ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk:
WM- 9
West Islip- 5
SWR- 3
Sachem-2
Huntington-2
Comsewoque-2
Rocky Pt-1
Mount Sinai-1
Northport-1

Nassau:
Garden City- 6
Manhasset- 4
Cold Spring Harbor- 4
Lynbrook- 2
Wantagh- 1
Massapequa- 1
Bethpage- 1
South Side- 1
Elmont- 1
Farmingdale- 1

You have to remember that St Anthony's chaminade and all these other cathloic schools are full of Nassau kids. If you took them out and put them in the home towns it wouldn't be close

Blah blah blah. If you try really hard, you can do this. The topic is 2024 Suffolk vs Nassau. Not 1979. Try to focus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is coaching express

Guess again.

Smart [lacrosse]. Read the post and respond to what you read. Tough concept, I know. Never said the coach didn't talk to the kids. In fact, he did talk to a few of the kids with my kid being one of them. Although I don't think there was any interest at all since they all play on much better teams than his. What I said was he didnt talk to any of the parents, at any time, that I am aware of. Hope that I dumbed it down enough for you to understand. No disrespect to the coach intended, as I know nothing about him.

Lol you STILL don't get it! If your son was any good THEN he would talk to YOU the parent. He has no problem talking to the kids and coaching them. He's a good coach. He doesn't chose to speak to a parent if one - he thinks you're crazy and two - if you're son isn't any good. Now if you're crazy and your son is talented he may give you 3 minutes but that's about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So at this age right now, what Nassau town teams play and beat club teams? That was the original question.

For the millionth time, the number of Nassau towns that have teams a fewer and farther between. Your question is meaningless to the underlying question, which is, in of itself, dumb anyways.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all out of your minds. Embarrassing yourselves. If you think PAL matters and waste your time talking about it or ranking town teams you really have no clue. PAL is dying. Yes for beginner boys it's fine but once they start hitting this age, travel is where you should be focused. This conversation going on is screaming daddy coaches and " my town is better than yours" get a life if you think going forward PAL matters. What matters is the training they are getting at the travel level and the caliber of boys they are playing around. That's going to take them to the next level. Now with the early recruiting being banned until 11th grade,the club teams will be that much more important in painting a picture of your son to schools( if that's the direction he wants to go ) . Go ahead and argue this but when the time comes look at the registration stats for town ball. Less and less. Travel more and more. And the downturn in registration Plus the everlasting daddy coaches is a double whammy. PAL was there for both my boys but now from what I see it's not looking too good . Sad but that's how it looks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all out of your minds. Embarrassing yourselves. If you think PAL matters and waste your time talking about it or ranking town teams you really have no clue. PAL is dying. Yes for beginner boys it's fine but once they start hitting this age, travel is where you should be focused. This conversation going on is screaming daddy coaches and " my town is better than yours" get a life if you think going forward PAL matters. What matters is the training they are getting at the travel level and the caliber of boys they are playing around. That's going to take them to the next level. Now with the early recruiting being banned until 11th grade,the club teams will be that much more important in painting a picture of your son to schools( if that's the direction he wants to go ) . Go ahead and argue this but when the time comes look at the registration stats for town ball. Less and less. Travel more and more. And the downturn in registration Plus the everlasting daddy coaches is a double whammy. PAL was there for both my boys but now from what I see it's not looking too good . Sad but that's how it looks.

I have to agree, sad. PAL is fading. The shift is club (still growing) and town teams that just play tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to agree, sad. PAL is fading. The shift is club (still growing) and town teams that just play tourneys.

. . . and then number of towns that play tourneys is very small - there are ~15 schools districts on LI, ~50 in Nassau County. Town team are meaningless in the scheme of things!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will simplify it for you!! YOU name a club beside taz & Pac and they have been beaten by Rvc or GC. Original question answered?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will simplify it for you!! YOU name a club beside taz & Pac and they have been beaten by Rvc or GC. Original question answered?

Which, with all of the other factors mentioned, means exactly what?! This all continues to go right over your vicarious living-obsessed head . . .!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who you are but Express A played both RVC & GC and beat them both easily.
So stop with this nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the RVC or GC comparison. First off, many towns have travel programs because they can afford it more than others. RVC, GC, Manhasset can afford to throw kids in a travel program to increase development. Other towns ( not saying they are poor ) are more frugal and will invest in their boy if he shows some promise. None of this is a guarantee and we all know the financial dynamics of families in nassau towns. Some towns are more blue collar, some are more white collar. Come HS the kids from GC, RVC, Manhasset that leave to go to Chaminade will go and the schools will be left with still a good core group of players, whereas other towns go from PAL team to school team with less defections. We all know the deal. I assume everyone on this site plays travel so we all would like the next level of some sort for our boys. As you see, travel is pretty cut throat with the coaches/teams and parents who love to talk behind everyones back. Cant wait until we are not slaves to this system any longer. Its hard but lets just enjoy the ride guys, chill out everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure everyone on this site understands the significance of travel teams. But, last I checked, town teams turn into HS teams. If you follow HS teams, then town teams still matter. The question is, are players still playing on both town teams and travel teams? Or, are they foregoing their town teams and just doing their travel teams? If that is happening in a significant way, then yes, the town teams are not so significant. I'm sure that's different for every team, but for teams where that's happening, obviously that makes a huge difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who you are but Express A played both RVC & GC and beat them both easily.

Outlaws Gold beat GC at NXT in July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my oldest kid is 2024 so there are no school teams for him yet so is a town team considered your school or is it PAL? I can say that if its PAL then from my experience there is no reason to play, once they start the travel teams the PAL seems to bring their game down and the dad coach teaches how to play incorrectly and yells when things are done as instructed by a much more qualified travel coach...again this is my personal experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure who you are either. this is an anonymous site.But we were talking the differences of quality players Nassau vs Suffolk ..welcome to the Party Express mommy.But Express is made up of some Rvc and Gc players also. and even without some of those players i would not use the word easily. Nor should you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most kids enjoy playing for their towns with their friends good or bad. I know my son does, he is a good player and there are a few very good and a few good players on his town team. they all enjoy playing together every sunday in the spring and practicing near home.. maybe it is the no pressure or maybe they just flat out enjoy playing one game on a sunday morning and representing their town. Dont give up on PAL so soon, its thriving in many towns at many age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my oldest kid is 2024 so there are no school teams for him yet so is a town team considered your school or is it PAL? I can say that if its PAL then from my experience there is no reason to play, once they start the travel teams the PAL seems to bring their game down and the dad coach teaches how to play incorrectly and yells when things are done as instructed by a much more qualified travel coach...again this is my personal experience.

Very true. That's PAL though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most kids enjoy playing for their towns with their friends good or bad. I know my son does, he is a good player and there are a few very good and a few good players on his town team. they all enjoy playing together every sunday in the spring and practicing near home.. maybe it is the no pressure or maybe they just flat out enjoy playing one game on a sunday morning and representing their town. Dont give up on PAL so soon, its thriving in many towns at many age groups.

I agree. I'm familiar with several 2024 town teams and while there are some town teams that have a hard time fielding a team, for a variety of reasons, the vast majority of the teams are thriving and all of their travel kids participate. Based on this thread, both Suffolk and Nassau appear to have many teams that are thriving.

So, are town teams relevant? We all know that travel is the key to real player growth and opportunities, but I say that town teams are still relent. These are the HS teams of tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure everyone on this site understands the significance of travel teams. But, last I checked, town teams turn into HS teams. If you follow HS teams, then town teams still matter. The question is, are players still playing on both town teams and travel teams? Or, are they foregoing their town teams and just doing their travel teams? If that is happening in a significant way, then yes, the town teams are not so significant. I'm sure that's different for every team, but for teams where that's happening, obviously that makes a huge difference.

Maybe it would be different if high schools had any involvement in the PAL programs what so ever. They do not. Most PAL teams (not all) are a few kids that play travel, then a bunch of kids that just want something to do in the spring. My son gets frustrated playing with those kids, frustrated with the coach when he gets told to do something different and incorrectly from what his travel coaches teach him. With 2 club practices a week in the spring and 3 spring tourneys, he will not be missing anything by staying away from PAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure who you are either. this is an anonymous site.But we were talking the differences of quality players Nassau vs Suffolk ..welcome to the Party Express mommy.But Express is made up of some Rvc and Gc players also. and even without some of those players i would not use the word easily. Nor should you.

This was the start of this debate"i am saying the really good Nassau town teams have not beaten Taz or Pack(don't believe they have met often)... but have beaten all other teams/clubs, I don't care what you rate them A B. or Z. those Nassau town teams are Legit!!! (and you might want to check.But i am sure there are some boys that live in Nassau that play for Pack or Taz"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe it would be different if high schools had any involvement in the PAL programs what so ever. They do not. Most PAL teams (not all) are a few kids that play travel, then a bunch of kids that just want something to do in the spring. My son gets frustrated playing with those kids, frustrated with the coach when he gets told to do something different and incorrectly from what his travel coaches teach him. With 2 club practices a week in the spring and 3 spring tourneys, he will not be missing anything by staying away from PAL.

Sounds like your kid is on a really bad town team. And I'm sure you are not alone. But not all town teams are like that. There are a lot of good teams with good coaches. in your case, your son is probably better off without it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo spanked rvc last summer at forsberg and before that in the winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo spanked rvc last summer at forsberg and before that in the winter.

I guess you forgot about all those teams that beat rvc and GC

Page 24 of 101 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard