BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Boys 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IGLOO Lacrosse is Proud to Announce the addition of
JACK KALEY 
(Four Time NCAA D2 Championship Coach & Four Time National Coach of the Year)
2021 Igloo Avalanche Head Coach!!!

2021 Igloo Avalanche Team FREE tryout:
Date: August 16th
Time: 6pm-8pm
2534 Cedar Swamp Rd., Glen Head,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
JACK KALEY 

= Damage Control

But I think that ship may have sailed . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't let it leave without you going to be a good boat ride
JACK KALEY 

= Damage Control

But I think that ship may have sailed . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the boys who decide to stay. Not many will leave where they are now, unless they are in a situation that they aren't happy with. Question is how many good players are willing to make a move to play on basically a new team? From what I have been hearing, the better players are moving up to Black Ice, a few found homes at competing teams, and others were turned off by the email. And if only 9 were showing at practice, how many of the core of the team is gone. Most teams are looking to fill holes at this point.

Good luck to the Avalanche players who stay. I think that this is great, but AA should have done this before alienating the core part of the team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is staying

JACK KALEY 

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is staying

JACK KALEY 

Ok, so that is one, only 21 more to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JACK KALEY 

Are you kidding me D2 coach for Igloo? AA thinks he's god. How could this be good for the club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you spend that kind of money too be on a B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"B" FOR "B"eat your a team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the boys who decide to stay. Not many will leave where they are now, unless they are in a situation that they aren't happy with. Question is how many good players are willing to make a move to play on basically a new team? From what I have been hearing, the better players are moving up to Black Ice, a few found homes at competing teams, and others were turned off by the email. And if only 9 were showing at practice, how many of the core of the team is gone. Most teams are looking to fill holes at this point.

Good luck to the Avalanche players who stay. I think that this is great, but AA should have done this before alienating the core part of the team.

Best players moving on. Any players who move toward Black Ice, if Avalanche folds, will be Syosset kids to keep the town crony system flowing into the high school program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being Depends for the new leader. I'm out. Moving on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best players moving on. Any players who move toward Black Ice, if Avalanche folds, will be Syosset kids to keep the town crony system flowing into the high school program.

I hope all boys end up where they will get better and have fun playing think the ones who stay will be happy. Good Luck to ALL Boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope all boys end up where they will get better and have fun playing think the ones who stay will be happy. Good Luck to ALL Boys

When was the last time the head of the organization called about your athlete and it wasn't a sales pitch?

Now you know if that organization cares or your son is just a number.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the Syosset HS program stinks, right?
GC in the Igloo mix now, lets see how many 2026,27,28,29,30's from GC crawl into the Igloo system. GC34 no more GC Rams rebirth? Finnell kids are property of AA and im sure big steve will be a part of a coaching staff soon enough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the Igloo and 9D1 B teams are better than many A teams out there. If you can't crack Black Ice or Blaze, where else would you go. Icon is a great option, but if you're in Suffolk, it is tough to get there. Express is a joke, and no way would I want my kid to be part of the 40 man roster and not be able to play because he isn't going to a Catholic school. Outlaws Elite is a good team, but no better than Avalanche.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Outlaws Have over 90 Kids signed up for 2021
We will Have 3 Teams
1st Tryout is Tonight Walt Whitman High School 7-9
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the Igloo and 9D1 B teams are better than many A teams out there. If you can't crack Black Ice or Blaze, where else would you go. Icon is a great option, but if you're in Suffolk, it is tough to get there. Express is a joke, and no way would I want my kid to be part of the 40 man roster and not be able to play because he isn't going to a Catholic school. Outlaws Elite is a good team, but no better than Avalanche.

Whatever Avalanche WAS, it will be comprised of probably mostly new players, so you have no clue as to what they will BE. As far as comparing last season's Outlaws Select (not "Elite"!) with Avalanche, my son's team played both, and Avalanche wasn't even CLOSE to being what Outlaws Select was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
We will Have 3 Teams
Thanks

OK Oultaws Mom - I see that you are posting virtually the same thing on every board. Nice try - how much are they taking off your son's fee for [lacrosse] yourself out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very True

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JACK KALEY to Coach 2021 Igloo Avalanche Team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide 2.0 is the way to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide is good if we need out uniforms cleaned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For more info or any questions email: Avalancheteam2021@gmail.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is not leaving his current team to go to this question mark. I don't see how they will draw the talent to compete with some of the better teams out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever Avalanche WAS, it will be comprised of probably mostly new players, so you have no clue as to what they will BE. As far as comparing last season's Outlaws Select (not "Elite"!) with Avalanche, my son's team played both, and Avalanche wasn't even CLOSE to being what Outlaws Select was.

Wow, that says a lot. Avalanche used to be on par with the Select, Black, Elite, or whatever they want to call themselves. No wonder they broke the team up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, that says a lot. Avalanche used to be on par with the Select, Black, Elite, or whatever they want to call themselves. No wonder they broke the team up.

My kid never played for Outlaws, but their teams go like this: Select, Gold, and then Black - it's really not that hard. So, basically we have no idea which Outlaws team you were comparing them to . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will Have 3 Teams
Thanks

OK Oultaws Mom - I see that you are posting virtually the same thing on every board. Nice try - how much are they taking off your son's fee for [lacrosse] yourself out?

Note how Uncle Johns Band isn't anonymous? That's because it's the Outlaws director posting. Unlike you who hide behind anonymity.

Only [lacrosse] is your negative post.....I guess and now mine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice a$$ tattoo Outlaws Mom...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid never played for Outlaws, but their teams go like this: Select, Gold, and then Black - it's really not that hard. So, basically we have no idea which Outlaws team you were comparing them to . . .

Outlaws changed the name each season for the past two years. Once was Black, and Silver and now Select, Gold and Black with a few changes every year in between. Avalanche used to run with what is now Select and would crush what is now Gold. Same with Ambush. All 3 were on par. But Recon ran with Avalanche early in the season and was looking for a rematch at the Blue and Gold, but AA brought the Black Ice kids to make sure that they won. So we really don't know how good or bad Avalanche was at the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will Have 3 Teams
Thanks

Good to hear. I sent a few of my PAL players to it, hope they make it. Good program and well run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did your son produce 25 D1 players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop making things up. Avalanche never played Outlaws select. Avalanche played Outlaws Gold this year to one goal games.

Outlaws changed the name each season for the past two years. Once was Black, and Silver and now Select, Gold and Black with a few changes every year in between. Avalanche used to run with what is now Select and would crush what is now Gold. Same with Ambush. All 3 were on par. But Recon ran with Avalanche early in the season and was looking for a rematch at the Blue and Gold, but AA brought the Black Ice kids to make sure that they won. So we really don't know how good or bad Avalanche was at the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no clue. Outlaws Gold tied Avalanche 5-5 this Summer. Also Outlaws Select never played Avalanche. I don't know first hand about the other "facts" and opinions you talk about but based on your lack of knowledge of what I mentioned already I would assume everything you say is nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup - there were at least 5, if not more, BI players on Avalanche when my son's team played them @ the LI Warrior Classic. It's blatantly obvious when the director's son is there on the field with his name on the back of his pinnie!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon can't run with any A team. You beat Express B team 4-2. Beat the Jesters by one. Lost to a couple of C teams. All those teams are teams that don't cut anyone and take any kid that signs up. Recon is a good B team but that is it. Any of the top 7 or 8 teams will beat them by ten. Had you played Avalanche again you would have lost to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon can't run with any A team. You beat Express B team 4-2. Beat the Jesters by one. Lost to a couple of C teams. All those teams are teams that don't cut anyone and take any kid that signs up. Recon is a good B team but that is it. Any of the top 7 or 8 teams will beat them by ten. Had you played Avalanche again you would have lost to them.

The Avalanche has come to rest at the bottom of the mountain. Let it lie and live with it because it's too late to dig out. The cracks in the core began the year before but the organization did not heed the warning. The shouting of the false promises of a second AAA team triggered the final collapse. Keep digging Igloo and you'll find nothing, because the strength of many of those boys you left in the collapse dug themselves out and moved on. They are better and stronger for it and we other organizations know it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Avalanche has come to rest at the bottom of the mountain. Let it lie and live with it because it's too late to dig out. The cracks in the core began the year before but the organization did not heed the warning. The shouting of the false promises of a second AAA team triggered the final collapse. Keep digging Igloo and you'll find nothing, because the strength of many of those boys you left in the collapse dug themselves out and moved on. They are better and stronger for it and we other organizations know it.

The Riddler?????? Great job ...... but the abominable Snowman has arrived and it will continue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Riddler?????? Great job ...... but the abominable Snowman has arrived and it will continue

Yes the snowman has arrived but how's the climate? If you’d like to know, where your top players will go, riddle me this:

We are a motley crew of organizations that likes to go with the ebb and flow or create a surprise attack. So, when you see us riding the rails please note we are holding the world on our shoulders with the sole purpose of leaving it for the next generation. The world is ours! Who are we?

Everyone can play. (Hint: There are seven hidden gems.)

Best of luck. The new coach has an amazing record, just not right for all. Hope it turns around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the snowman has arrived but how's the climate? If you’d like to know, where your top players will go, riddle me this:

We are a motley crew of organizations that likes to go with the ebb and flow or create a surprise attack. So, when you see us riding the rails please note we are holding the world on our shoulders with the sole purpose of leaving it for the next generation. The world is ours! Who are we?

Best of luck. The new coach has an amazing record, just not right for all. Hope it turns around.

Hope your new home is good but unfortunately no stars on that team and that has been problem since day one good luck on your new "B' "A" team .....black/silver

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope your new home is good but unfortunately no stars on that team and that has been problem since day one good luck on your new "B' "A" team .....black/silver

My apologies. I was having fun with the Riddler comment. None of the organizations referenced have anything to do with the comment. Not with black silver organization or plan to be either, they had nothing to do with it. Good luck.end of conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friend of mine son tryed put for Outlaws and just told me he got call from them looking for commitment for Gold Team which is there 2nd team aren't there 2 more tryouts still ? My son was unable to make 1st tryout ? Does it pay to even go ? How can they say 3 tryouts and begin making calls ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All teams lock up certain players for each team after day one of tryouts. If you paid already you should go to tryout and see what happens. You can also call the director and see what is still available. Good luck.

Friend of mine son tryed put for Outlaws and just told me he got call from them looking for commitment for Gold Team which is there 2nd team aren't there 2 more tryouts still ? My son was unable to make 1st tryout ? Does it pay to even go ? How can they say 3 tryouts and begin making calls ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty simple Outlaws take some kids off 1st tryout. Then they add on each tryout. Its a good system

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pays to go. Kids offered gold should still go. May still get select offer. Just bc top teamwasnt iffered doesn't mean its not a possibility. No teams closed after first tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid was at Tide tryouts today. Some good talent. Coach seerms like a great guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All teams lock up certain players for each team after day one of tryouts. If you paid already you should go to tryout and see what happens. You can also call the director and see what is still available. Good luck.

Great thank you for info

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great thank you for info

Was told today the the top Outlaws team has been already called and picked... some if you think u got shot at "A" team good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great thank you for info

Was told today the the top Outlaws team has been already called and picked... some if you think u got shot at "A" team good luck

Outlaws suck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide 2.0 was great. No nonsense and solid talent at tryout. Going to Day 2. I think it's the way to go. As with 2017 team, kids will looking to get on roster in November once word continues to get out. You have to love a word of the mouth team where 2017 kids are going to some great schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Avalanche ? Jack Kaley ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so lets say Igloo Avalanche is a "B" team (although it will be more like a B+ or A- with the coaching)why would i send my kid to another "B" team some where else name 1 "B" team that has a better Head Coach ? After what happened last year I have been told there will be a close eye from the organization to make sure it don't happen again. Just my thought I am keeping my kid here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want your kid to play D2/D3 then stay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so lets say Igloo Avalanche is a "B" team (although it will be more like a B+ or A- with the coaching)why would i send my kid to another "B" team some where else name 1 "B" team that has a better Head Coach ? After what happened last year I have been told there will be a close eye from the organization to make sure it don't happen again. Just my thought I am keeping my kid here.

Your definition of a "better head coach" may be different than many others' . . . good luck and enjoy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real question is why wouldn't you pick a program where your son can play on a well coached A team (of which there are many more than some would like to admit)? Why are you so hung up on chasing "shiny things"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess your kid is playing D1 .... most kids on 2nd teams are not playing D1 anyway sorry to break the news to you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I want my kid to grow up to be a gentleman and live a successful and meaningful life. You're an idiot. My kid is staying too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your definition of a "better head coach" may be different than many others' . . . good luck and enjoy!

"Better" as in Hall of Fame good luck to you and enjoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many DIII and DII programs that are better than some DI programs. On the flip side, there are many boys on A teams that will never get a sniff on a top D1 program. And there are boys that could play Di, yet choose better academic opportunities to play DIII, So, your correlation is flawed all around! At the end of the day, lacrosse should be secondary to the real purpose of college, but unfortunately for your son, lax is a misplaced priority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was simply telling the person that if you stay on a B team. Going forward you will most likely be going to tournaments that D1/D2 coaches will be at. Would I choice a school like Wesleyan, or Tuffs, over some bottom academic D1 schools. Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many DIII and DII programs that are better than some DI programs. On the flip side, there are many boys on A teams that will never get a sniff on a top D1 program. And there are boys that could play Di, yet choose better academic opportunities to play DIII, So, your correlation is flawed all around! At the end of the day, lacrosse should be secondary to the real purpose of college, but unfortunately for your son, lax is a misplaced priority.

I would rather my son play a great DII or DIII program with a great education, than play a bottom tier D1 or a middle tier D1 without a good education. This is all about education, not playing pro lax after all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fortunately my son is in a top 20 school for academics and lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails went out stating they should continue to go to tryouts as they can be moved up to higher teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails went out stating they should continue to go to tryouts as they can be moved up to higher teams

You talking about Outlaws?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Emails for what the Outlaw "B" and "C" teams come on man there ain't many spots on "A" team probably 3 if I were to guess so you will get some kids who have improved from other teams "B" teams . it's all good as long as every kid is where they want to be and Happy but be truthful chances are if you got a "B" team spot for them you are not getting moved to "A" team as it is FULL ! And any team the forces you to give commitment before tryouts are over ...Parent Beware !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to all of the tryouts. Players are made offers and take the best fit for them, so spots open up. Happened to a few players I know. Plus you can play better and earn a better spot. You can't go wrong by going to multiple tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to all of the tryouts. Players are made offers and take the best fit for them, so spots open up. Happened to a few players I know. Plus you can play better and earn a better spot. You can't go wrong by going to multiple tryouts.

Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo B+/A- is a better option than other programs A/B teams for some people. Are we coming back? Yes, Why? Because teaching my kid to raise his game, be a leader who leads by example, and demand more from his new and former teammates is more important than running to another team and being a new follower. Don't run....Work harder!!

Seize an opportunity to teach a life lesson. And if you think that Little Johnny who can't speak to a coach for 2+ years is a lock? What happens when another kid has "The Switch" moment this next year, because he is playing a Varsity level too (Which BTW is faster than any 2021 AA/AAA Game), and is a better player next year. Johnny will have a bunch of hats and shirts and wonder what happened.

Make friends with a few people that have been through the process.....It's not even about the club. It's about your kid and what makes him a better person to be a better player.

I wish all the kids the best this coming year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo B+/A- is a better option than other programs A/B teams for some people. Are we coming back? Yes, Why? Because teaching my kid to raise his game, be a leader who leads by example, and demand more from his new and former teammates is more important than running to another team and being a new follower. Don't run....Work harder!!

Seize an opportunity to teach a life lesson. And if you think that Little Johnny who can't speak to a coach for 2+ years is a lock? What happens when another kid has "The Switch" moment this next year, because he is playing a Varsity level too (Which BTW is faster than any 2021 AA/AAA Game), and is a better player next year. Johnny will have a bunch of hats and shirts and wonder what happened.

Make friends with a few people that have been through the process.....It's not even about the club. It's about your kid and what makes him a better person to be a better player.

Says the guy whose son will know absolutely zero about teamwork and being part of team. #ItsAllAboutMe !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the guy whose son will know absolutely zero about teamwork and being part of team. #ItsAllAboutMe !

Hey why don't you take a long walk of a short pier!! You must be one of those guys who jumps from team to team in hopes someone will like you #mrIamajerk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is everyone against Igloo Avalanche ? All the big clubs have a second team that is not treated as well as the first team and they all claim to be an A team. None of the posters care about these kids. You are just taking a shot at Igloo. My bet is most of the kids return. Most will not make an an A team and go back. With the exception of Ambush, Igloo had the best second team. Express second team is a mess. No one ever hears about Icon and Legacy second team but they both beat Outlaws Gold who have there own problems. So ranking the second teams of the big organizations Igloo is number two in a list that goes like this:

Ambush
Avalanche
(Both these are A teams)
Icon b
Legacy b
(These two are clear b teams)
Outlaws Gold
(Outlaws Gold a step behind Icon and legacy b)
Express b
(A total mess)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey why don't you take a long walk of a short pier!! You must be one of those guys who jumps from team to team in hopes someone will like you #mrIamajerk

Nice logic there - team jumping would also be another sign of someone who has less interest in the team concept than themselves. #IWentToSchoolAndAllIGotWasNoLogic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's friend plays Select and they already took 4 new kids to the team, 2 definitely, maybe 3, were from other clubs, not internal. He thinks that there are still 3-4 positions they are looking to upgrade at. That is 1/3 the team if true. I say goto all the tryouts, you paid for it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is everyone against Igloo Avalanche ? All the big clubs have a second team that is not treated as well as the first team and they all claim to be an A team. None of the posters care about these kids. You are just taking a shot at Igloo. My bet is most of the kids return. Most will not make an an A team and go back. With the exception of Ambush, Igloo had the best second team. Express second team is a mess. No one ever hears about Icon and Legacy second team but they both beat Outlaws Gold who have there own problems. So ranking the second teams of the big organizations Igloo is number two in a list that goes like this:

Ambush
Avalanche
(Both these are A teams)
Icon b
Legacy b
Outlaws Gold
Express b
(A total mess)

Agreed. Avalanche and Ambush were the only two 2nd teams that could be considered an A team, and are better than many other 1st teams from other programs. The problem is that Avalanche took a huge step backwards this year, and will take another because kids will look to move because of the turmoil. We will see how many will be at the 9D1 tryout on Thursday. Ambush has worked because 2 of the coaches have been there from early on and have had success. They don't have the consistency to be considered up there with Blaze, Black Ice or Express A, but are in the mix with Outlaws Select and Legacy, as they have beaten both. Avalanche had issues playing Recon and Outlaws B, so it is questionable whether they could be considered an A team anymore. Maybe the new coach will help. Good competition is always a good thing, and we should look for all of these teams to do better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ambush
Avalanche
(Both these are A teams)
Icon b
Legacy b
Outlaws Gold
Express b
(A total mess)

Grass ALWAYS Looks GREENER On OTHER SIDE as some have said before hope all the boys end up in a place that the kids and parents are happy and truth be told you can NEVER make everyone happy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed with the above statement. Its to bad that Avalanche had to fold like the way it did and now re build. These kids are in 9th grade now and they don't necessarily have time to re build. Ambush & Outlaws Select have success yes because the coaches are consistent, but more importantly so are the players. The core group from both teams stay together. That is why they are successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ambush
Avalanche
(Both these are A teams)
Icon b
Legacy b
Outlaws Gold
Express b
(A total mess)

Agreed. Avalanche and Ambush were the only two 2nd teams that could be considered an A team, and are better than many other 1st teams from other programs. The problem is that Avalanche took a huge step backwards this year, and will take another because kids will look to move because of the turmoil. We will see how many will be at the 9D1 tryout on Thursday. Ambush has worked because 2 of the coaches have been there from early on and have had success. They don't have the consistency to be considered up there with Blaze, Black Ice or Express A, but are in the mix with Outlaws Select and Legacy, as they have beaten both. Avalanche had issues playing Recon and Outlaws B, so it is questionable whether they could be considered an A team anymore. Maybe the new coach will help. Good competition is always a good thing, and we should look for all of these teams to do better.

Dude...enough! Are you the same guy who wrote this and was corrected by someone else a couple of months ago? Ambush got smoked the last and only time they played Outlaws Select, which was almost 2 years ago. I think the score was 12-2 or something like that. The team you guys beat in the spring was team called mixed nuts. It had a hand full of select, some gold and some black team players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you that much of a looser that you remember what a score was when these kids were in 7th grade. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2534 Cedar Swamp Rd., Glen Head

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not write any of these post but I remember scores of some games especially when the other team parent comes on here year after year and keeps saying they won a game and "can run with them" when the only time they played it was a blow out. I spoke with a couple of friends of mine from Ambush and they know they never beat the Outlaws Select team and claim there is a former Ambush parent who writes these post that are not true on how good Ambush is and who they beat. Calling someone a looser makes us think you are that person. Give it a rest and get over it that your kid got cut from Ambush and they are a very good team with out your kid. Stop with the false post and name calling to start trouble for Ambush. It is getting old.

Are you that much of a looser that you remember what a score was when these kids were in 7th grade. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ambush
Avalanche
(Both these are A teams)
Icon b
Legacy b
Outlaws Gold
Express b
(A total mess)

Dude...enough! Are you the same guy who wrote this and was corrected by someone else a couple of months ago? Ambush got smoked the last and only time they played Outlaws Select, which was almost 2 years ago. I think the score was 12-2 or something like that. The team you guys beat in the spring was team called mixed nuts. It had a hand full of select, some gold and some black team players.

Dude, Ambush plays even with Outlaws whenever they play. That one game was during football season, and half the Ambush team wasn't there. They got smoked by Avalanche that day too. They have played each other several times and the score goes back and forth. The last time they played was when Outlaws was playing as mixed nuts, but had to pull up Gold kids to field a team, so that one doesn't count. Ambushed smoked them that time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to Turtles yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the Avalanche tryouts? Numbers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the Avalanche tryouts? Numbers?

8/16 is the supplemental. The last tryout was during National Lacrosse week, so I can't imagine that it would have been great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to be the former Ambush parent starting trouble. You are not in reality and the facts are far off from the truth. The mixed nuts game in the Spring had a final score of 6-5 and the mixed nuts (who had only three Outlaws select staters) where winning most of the game. Last minute calapse with a team of 14 kids including two goalies gave Ambush the win. That is not getting smoked as you say. You probably were not even at that game. Again the only time these two teams played the outlaws were up by 10 with five minutes left when the game was called because of Ambush was taking runs at kids and swinging sticks. That is why everyone remembers the game and score so well. That dirty play does not happen every game. So the game is in everyone's memory. One more thing. Ambush will never play the Outlaws Select team because they play in different tournaments. The outlaws play in 8 tournaments that comes with the team tuition. Those are high level tournaments with no equal play time. There are Extra tournaments that has equal play time and filler players from other clubs. The turnout is usually 15 kids from outlaws different teams. Those mixed nuts teams would get beat by Outlaws Select 20-0. So enjoy your 6-5 win over a equal play time mixed nuts team. It means nothing. Having said that I do think Ambush is an A team and can beat any team out there. So if you are the former Ambush parent posting false wins stop. It is not working. Everyone knows who Ambush is and who they can and can't run with. We don't need to hear it anymore.

Ambush
Avalanche
(Both these are A teams)
Icon b
Legacy b
Outlaws Gold
Express b
(A total mess)

Dude, Ambush plays even with Outlaws whenever they play. That one game was during football season, and half the Ambush team wasn't there. They got smoked by Avalanche that day too. They have played each other several times and the score goes back and forth. The last time they played was when Outlaws was playing as mixed nuts, but had to pull up Gold kids to field a team, so that one doesn't count. Ambushed smoked them that time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny but the Real Mixed Nutz team would have "smoked" both of those teams , That's not the real Nutz team which consist of 91 blaze , Express , Igloo kids combined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man you outlaw people are really angry. Maybe counseling is in order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be angry too. It is like saying at the Warrior tournament a team called Sentry beat Black Ice 5-1 and keep posting it over and over again. For those who don't know Sentry just beat Avalanche who was playing with a few black ice kids some of which were starters. I can see how they are getting frustrated having to keep on reading that the team lost when they in fact did not.

Man you outlaw people are really angry. Maybe counseling is in order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How were the Avalanche tryouts? Numbers?

8/16 is the supplemental. The last tryout was during National Lacrosse week, so I can't imagine that it would have been great. [/quot

update the interest so far for the Avalanche team has been greater then expected to this point should be a nice turnout at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I must say that Ambush certainly gets a lot of press for a second team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Outlaws Gold beat that Sentry team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At YounGuns Vallley Select beat Ambush and than Lost to that Same Sentry team 7-2. Outlaws Gold lost to IconB. Titans beat outlaws Gold and Recon who gave Avalanche a tough time. What does all this mean? Going back to the original post that started this by Ranking big club B teams the answer is what it should be. All the big clubs second teams which are the Outlaws Gold, titans, Icon b team, Ambush and Avalanche are all about the same talent and otherwise equal. So if your kid is looking for a good solid B team from a big club they are all about the same. Just keep away from express B who is a mess.

And Outlaws Gold beat that Sentry team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Sentry team apparently had a bunch of Maryland kids guest playing with them. Not criticizing, just hard to compare.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares every year that Sentry team comes to long island they send out thousands of emails looking for players that's not a team. So enough with this whole thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That stuff happens all the time. It is very hard to compare by score but that is all we have. The bottom line is none of these second teams play in good tournaments because they would get beat by a lot and people will leave. The coaches and directors know what they are doing when they place these teams in lesser tournaments. It does result in parents thinking the team is better than they are and that is what the directors want so kids return and the have a sales pitch to get new players. Based on all the talk here and the tournaments these teams enter no one can say any of these second big club teams are any better than the next. So no reason to leave Icon B team for Ambush or Ambush to leave for another team or any other player thinking to change to any other second team. They are all the same.

That Sentry team apparently had a bunch of Maryland kids guest playing with them. Not criticizing, just hard to compare.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That stuff happens all the time. It is very hard to compare by score but that is all we have. The bottom line is none of these second teams play in good tournaments because they would get beat by a lot and people will leave. The coaches and directors know what they are doing when they place these teams in lesser tournaments. It does result in parents thinking the team is better than they are and that is what the directors want so kids return and the have a sales pitch to get new players. Based on all the talk here and the tournaments these teams enter no one can say any of these second big club teams are any better than the next. So no reason to leave Icon B team for Ambush or Ambush to leave for another team or any other player thinking to change to any other second team. They are all the same.

There are plenty of players on both the B teams of the larger programs as well as the A teams of the programs right below those that will all go on to play very high levels of lacrosse. The continued dismissive attitude about anyone who is not a 'blue chip' lacrosse player is arrogant and dumb. The same can be said of the teams/clubs in general that are the just below the top teams. Enough already! Of the boys that go on to play college lacrosse, at D1, 2 or 3, they represent the top ~13% of lacrosse players in the country!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No post I saw down graded any big club B team. Of course those kids can play in college. The discussion was which are the best second teams of the big clubs. The results are clear they are all the same. If your kid made multiple big club second teams pick one based on location, number of practices. Coaching and tournaments entered etc. The one thing that does not matter is talent because all the second teams have the same talent.

There are plenty of players on both the B teams of the larger programs as well as the A teams of the programs right below those that will all go on to play very high levels of lacrosse. The continued dismissive attitude about anyone who is not a 'blue chip' lacrosse player is arrogant and dumb. The same can be said of the teams/clubs in general that are the just below the top teams. Enough already! Of the boys that go on to play college lacrosse, at D1, 2 or 3, they represent the top ~13% of lacrosse players in the country!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No post I saw down graded any big club B team. Of course those kids can play in college. The discussion was which are the best second teams of the big clubs. The results are clear they are all the same. If your kid made multiple big club second teams pick one based on location, number of practices. Coaching and tournaments entered etc. The one thing that does not matter is talent because all the second teams have the same talent.

Agreed and this is why Avalanche looks so appealing Igloo has a set practice schedule there own fields and a great coach see you on the 16th. Pdvvmz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair enough, but here's where I disagree - the statement that "none of these second teams play in good tournaments" is my issue. The inference is that these teams play in "bad" tournaments. The sooner that the lacrosse community can embrace the fact that a club/team/player not being among the elite is not tantamount to being the dredges of the sport, the better it will be for all. Tournaments that are geared for the teams that are the next tier below the elite teams - let's call the the elite teams AA - are still very good lacrosse, and these tournaments/clubs/teams/players would all rightfully be called A. Yet, the lacrosse community basically wants to treat any teams below the elite, plus maybe one or two more, as B. That is not a logical categorization of talent, and hampers the sport and it's growth. Youth minor hockey would be better model for lacrosse, which, for travel/club lacrosse, would best largely mimic the AAA, AA, and A levels. But the bottom lines is that, like with youth hockey, and particularly in a locale like LI or MD (and soon, many other locales), you would not see such a small number of teams at AAA. I get it - the elite teams like their little 'private 'club', and they don't want anyone else intruding on it, but that doesn't make it right. The fact is that under the current lax 'system', their 'private club' is really the AA designation, not the A designation, so they really shouldn't be so against more teams being appropriately designated A. And, FTR, this has zero to do with an "everyone deserves a trophy" mentality; it has everything to do with how to organize/govern a large scale youth sport so that everyone gets the most out of it. To get back to the specific earlier point about tournaments, with a proper categorization, tournaments as whole, as well as divisions within, would be better serving the teams that participate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed and this is why Avalanche looks so appealing Igloo has a set practice schedule there own fields and a great coach see you on the 16th. Pdvvmz

I can think of other teams that offer a set practice schedule, have basically unfettered access to a fieldturf field, and will cost about 50% of what Igloo charges. We can argue about whether the Avalanche coach is still great and/or right for these aged kids . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can think of other teams that offer a set practice schedule, have basically unfettered access to a fieldturf field, and will cost about 50% of what Igloo charges. We can argue about whether the Avalanche coach is still great and/or right for these aged kids . . .

Could you please name one in Nassau...thks cause not sure many are as organized but if you can help I would appreciate it...thks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have checked several other organizations websites and none seem to lay out the schedule as igloo does . That is important to me I have 3 other kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have checked several other organizations websites and none seem to lay out the schedule as igloo does . That is important to me I have 3 other kids

Most clubs do not post their schedules for practice on their sites - I wouldn't go by that. Lots of orgs use other sites (EG, SI Play) that you have to log in to see info about your team. At the end of the day, you will have to contact programs about their practice schedules, and even within one org, you may find that different grade teams are more or less formal about that than others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How strong a player is your son, and what position does he play? Where in Nassau are you? Are you looking to have all 4 of your boys in the same org? I might have an option for you depending upon your answers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How strong a player is your son, and what position does he play? Where in Nassau are you? Are you looking to have all 4 of your boys in the same org? I might have an option for you depending upon your answers.

IGLOO Avalanche is the way to go have nothing to loss by going to tryout

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The interest in Igloo Avalanche team has been Great Thank You to ALL who have reached out already. If you have any question feel free to email us at avalancheteam2021@gmail.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo n AA r really trying to sell a pile of crap. This is great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo n AA r really trying to sell a pile of crap. This is great

You sound silly ..... your right its gonna be great !!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any topics other than Avalanche or Ambush? If not, please shut this thread down. Gonna be a long year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any topics other than Avalanche or Ambush? If not, please shut this thread down. Gonna be a long year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you please name one in Nassau...thks cause not sure many are as organized but if you can help I would appreciate it...thks[/quote]

I think that Recon is a great option. Good coaches and a great value. They go to really good tournaments and play against good teams. They are a true B team that competes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you please name one in Nassau...thks cause not sure many are as organized but if you can help I would appreciate it...thks

I think that Recon is a great option. Good coaches and a great value. They go to really good tournaments and play against good teams. They are a true B team that competes. [/quote]

Teams should be designated AA, A, and B - Recon would be considered a weaker A team under this system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did calls go out ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TRYOUTS THIS WEDNESDAY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Avalanche best players have left and have paid deposits with other teams. The few that are coming back did not make the top 7 or 8 teams. It will be very interesting to see how good this team is given that people always claim that if all the best Long Island kids who got cut from the top 8 teams got together and all went to one team they would form a top team. This is what Avalanche will be. Mostly kids who did not make any good teams. My bet is they will be a decent team but not a top 10.

TRYOUTS THIS WEDNESDAY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Avalanche best players have left and have paid deposits with other teams. The few that are coming back did not make the top 7 or 8 teams. It will be very interesting to see how good this team is given that people always claim that if all the best Long Island kids who got cut from the top 8 teams got together and all went to one team they would form a top team. This is what Avalanche will be. Mostly kids who did not make any good teams. My bet is they will be a decent team but not a top 10.

TRYOUTS THIS WEDNESDAY

If your son wants to learn how to become a better lacrosse player and a better man plus be on a good team Avalanche is the way to go . Jack has the nack for taking a bunch of good players and making into great teams . Not saying Avalanche will be a great team but they will be competitive and some where in top 10 with Jack coaching . At Tech he took all that nobody wanted and turned into great teams matter of fact 4 national championship teams along with many other great years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son wants to learn how to become a better lacrosse player and a better man plus be on a good team Avalanche is the way to go . Jack has the nack for taking a bunch of good players and making into great teams . Not saying Avalanche will be a great team but they will be competitive and some where in top 10 with Jack coaching . At Tech he took all that nobody wanted and turned into great teams matter of fact 4 national championship teams along with many other great years.

TRYOUTS THIS WEDNESDAY Aug 16th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that Recon is a great option. Good coaches and a great value. They go to really good tournaments and play against good teams. They are a true B team that competes.

Teams should be designated AA, A, and B - Recon would be considered a weaker A team under this system. [/quote]

Actually - AA was started because B teams are not a draw so B teams are now A teams and C teams are B teams. So Recon under the old way is an avg B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams should be designated AA, A, and B - Recon would be considered a weaker A team under this system.

Actually - AA was started because B teams are not a draw so B teams are now A teams and C teams are B teams. So Recon under the old way is an avg B team.
[/quote]

That makes no sense - AA is a subset of A, being the elite of the A Teams. There still logically have to be non AA teams that are A - figure there are maybe 20 teams on LI that are A, and the rest are B (arguing B vs C is just stupid).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree there is no such thing of AA. It is A , B and C. There may be 7 or 8 teams on Long Island that are A. Ten B teams. The rest are C or developmental. The lists we see on here with the top 8 teams are the A teams. The B teams are the Big clubs B teams except for Ambush who is either the top B team out there or the worst A team. We will find out this year as we are hearing they will be for the first time entering A tournaments. Along with the Big clubs B teams which are about 5 teams (Titans, Outlaws Gold, Icon B, Avalanche and Possibly Ambush if they are not A) the other top B teams that arguably could be A are the teams on the level of the top True Blue and Empire teams. Recon is also on a B level. Possibly a few more equals about ten B teams. The rest are C and/or developmental.

That makes no sense - AA is a subset of A, being the elite of the A Teams. There still logically have to be non AA teams that are A - figure there are maybe 20 teams on LI that are A, and the rest are B (arguing B vs C is just stupid).[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree there is no such thing of AA. It is A , B and C. There may be 7 or 8 teams on Long Island that are A. Ten B teams. The rest are C or developmental. The lists we see on here with the top 8 teams are the A teams. The B teams are the Big clubs B teams except for Ambush who is either the top B team out there or the worst A team. We will find out this year as we are hearing they will be for the first time entering A tournaments. Along with the Big clubs B teams which are about 5 teams (Titans, Outlaws Gold, Icon B, Avalanche and Possibly Ambush if they are not A) the other top B teams that arguably could be A are the teams on the level of the top True Blue and Empire teams. Recon is also on a B level. Possibly a few more equals about ten B teams. The rest are C and/or developmental.

That makes no sense - AA is a subset of A, being the elite of the A Teams. There still logically have to be non AA teams that are A - figure there are maybe 20 teams on LI that are A, and the rest are B (arguing B vs C is just stupid).

[/quote]

That's laughable - there are numerous A teams of non 'top' programs that play with or flat out beat top programs' B teams . . . Additionally, the distribution you allude to, at least for a place like Like Island (or MD) is not a proper way to assess teams . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing to read some of this stuff. Cannot believe these are parents of high school players arguing about whether it should be called AA, A, B or C teams. You sound like the parents of 3rd graders. Collectively your brain sizes and mental capacity would equate to the size of a pea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this whole conversation is ridiculous. It used to be A B and C. then it was AA, A, and B. Now some people want AAA, AA, and A like hockey. Why dont we all call ourselves AAAA+ and be proud. All the kids will get a trophy and be superheroes.Its just that some superheroes are better than others. Superman is better than aquaman.
Any way you cut it, there are 3 to four levels and you can call them what you like there is still a tiered system. If you dont see Blaze or black ice at your tournaments your not there. If you play against a program's second teams, even if you win, you arent at the top level. if you were you would be seeing their top teams.In the end it doesnt matter. If your son is playing competitive games and is in the proper tournaments enjoy the summer. If you think your son can play at a better level try out for a different club and see where he gets placed, Nobody is going to get a living off of this game, and if you could your kid would likely already be at a premier team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide 2.0 is almost full. I heard that there are 2021 spots open. Team is going to be the real deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know tide will be the real deal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this whole conversation is ridiculous. It used to be A B and C. then it was AA, A, and B. Now some people want AAA, AA, and A like hockey. Why dont we all call ourselves AAAA+ and be proud. All the kids will get a trophy and be superheroes.Its just that some superheroes are better than others. Superman is better than aquaman.
Any way you cut it, there are 3 to four levels and you can call them what you like there is still a tiered system. If you dont see Blaze or black ice at your tournaments your not there. If you play against a program's second teams, even if you win, you arent at the top level. if you were you would be seeing their top teams.In the end it doesnt matter. If your son is playing competitive games and is in the proper tournaments enjoy the summer. If you think your son can play at a better level try out for a different club and see where he gets placed, Nobody is going to get a living off of this game, and if you could your kid would likely already be at a premier team

Your comments demonstrate your inability to understand that lacrosse is an immature sport relative to one like hockey, that is mature. The tiering in hockey is superior in that the teams and the tournaments are appropriate - navigating the season and planning on what tournaments to play is easier and is the reason why the levels of play at most tourneys are at parity: very few games in hockey tourneys result in blowouts. Lax, on the other hand, can have one team both blowout competitors in some games, and get blown out by others, all in the same tourney. I've seen tourneys where this is the story for entire brackets - not just one team. It is a symptom of the need for better tiering (along with age-based governance for all pre-HS levels), and your A, B, and C approach to tiering does not provide that. You and others are fighting to keep an archaic system in place simply because it is the status quo and/or you don't want anyone else in your private 'club'. Either way, it is hurting the growth of the sport, and demonstrates a very myopic viewpoint. This has nothing to do with trophies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams did the boys come from ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are A, B and C teams. No AA teams. Be realistic and live with it. For 2021..... No club has two A teams. It is rare and almost almost impossible to achieve in any age group. No small club has an A team. All big clubs second teams are B teams. Very few small clubs have B teams and like I said none are A. Most are C teams. If you disagree with this you have never had your kid compete in a true A tournament. You would see the difference. We get it. Your coach and directors are telling you your team is A or B and no team is a C team. Be realistic. If your team most of the time is in brackets and you are playing big clubs B teams than your team is either B or C. If your kids team enters any tournaments and play in the B bracket or second best bracket that is called A and you don't almost always win the championships then you are B or C. Also just because a bracket is Called A or AA does not mean it is. Most brackets or divisions are B. The problem is not the A,B and C system or the parents and teams wanting there own exclusive group the problem is the parents who can't be realistic and need to be told how great the team is. Enter a true A tournament and see what happens. After that post the results here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide 2.0 is almost full. I heard that there are 2021 spots open. Team is going to be the real deal.

I just don't understand how they could compete. Unless there are some crazy good players out there who haven't been at the other tryouts that we haven't seen yet, or players are leaving the other top teams, this team may be good, but real deal? My kid is on a great B team, and I wouldn't take the chance of him moving over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got an email from Sting Lacrosse. Who are they and what is their deal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are A, B and C teams. No AA teams. Be realistic and live with it. For 2021..... No club has two A teams. It is rare and almost almost impossible to achieve in any age group. No small club has an A team. All big clubs second teams are B teams. Very few small clubs have B teams and like I said none are A. Most are C teams. If you disagree with this you have never had your kid compete in a true A tournament. You would see the difference. We get it. Your coach and directors are telling you your team is A or B and no team is a C team. Be realistic. If your team most of the time is in brackets and you are playing big clubs B teams than your team is either B or C. If your kids team enters any tournaments and play in the B bracket or second best bracket that is called A and you don't almost always win the championships then you are B or C. Also just because a bracket is Called A or AA does not mean it is. Most brackets or divisions are B. The problem is not the A,B and C system or the parents and teams wanting there own exclusive group the problem is the parents who can't be realistic and need to be told how great the team is. Enter a true A tournament and see what happens. After that post the results here.

Your argument is entirely dependent upon where you choose to arbitrarily draw the line - it is akin to saying that the only "true" D1 college teams are those that get into the playoffs. The reality is that, as in all sports, the distribution of talent is larger than that - yes there are the elite teams and players, but you sell short anyone directly below the elite level by labeling them as ordinary, which is in effect what you are doing. To stick with the college analogy and lacrosse, the D1 lacrosse universe generally represents the best 3% of all players (let's leave out the fact that there are some elite D1-capable lax SAs that choose to attend D2 or D3 schools for academic reasons and/or that some of these D3 teams can play at almost as high a level as decent D1 teams) - that's the entirety of D1 players, not just the top 10 teams. For college lax in aggregate, all players in D1, 2, AND 3 represent the top ~12% of all players. In that Long Island is still putting a disproportionate number of players into the college ranks (and, yes, LI is not the only locale doing so), it stands to reason that their general talent level is higher than that of even a normal distribution for the sport as a whole. The bottom line is that the top lacrosse teams on LI are the elite, but the elite do not comprise the entirety of top tier lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get tired of all this AA, A, B, etc, stuff as well, but there is a point to it.

There are only 15-20 teams in the country that probably deserve to be called "AA" teams. All very athletic, fast, highly skilled, big, older and they can really move the ball to attack the backside. You don't have to be ashamed if your son's team is on age, not everyone's hit puberty or not everyone has the athleticism to play in college. You can have a solid "A" team of kids who are going to be strong JV or even varsity players over the next 4 years, who are learning and getting better and having fun, who are winning non-elite tournaments and who need to improve on swinging the ball around to get hockey assists or always nailing the 3rd slide. That A team is going to lose 8-2 against a AA team on a good day (and at least make the AA team break a sweat) or 15-2 on a bad day, but that's OK.

Likewise, there are tons of B teams around the country that can't compete with solid A teams on the scoreboard, but who are getting good coaching and the kids have been improving much more over the last few years than they would have had just playing rec league or will sitting on the bench of a non-hotbed varsity team.

It makes a lot of sense to understand where a team stands and for that team to go to the best tournaments to challenge themselves to get better, and not necessarily get slaughtered by higher-level teams or, in turn, slaughter lower-level teams. Maybe a mix of some "stretch" tournaments and some winnable tournaments. My kid's team had 17 competitive tournament games this Summer and 4 blowouts (in either direction, and even blowouts are good for teaching kids to be good sports, play in a different position or be able to show your kids how a higher level team moves the ball in the air, etc.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide 2017 was a great team. Same philosophy same coaches for 2021. Kids from express, fl$, igloo and other programs jumping to Tide. Why would anyone spend thousands of dollars for programs that are not helping your kids get better? Remember the program names are on the helmet and uniform. It's about them not about your kid. It's about marketing and dollars. They could care less about your kid. At Tide, you wear your high school helmet. That's what the college coaches want to see. This may come as a shock but many college coaches don't trust the clubs - a club coach will lie to a college coach with no fallout. They will always get kids to sign up and pay the freight. If a high school coach lies about a kid's ability he or she is done. A college coach won't be back to that high school to recruit. Also freshman year in high school is a big turnover year in clubs- what a kid did in grades 2-8 may no longer be that relevant -- growth, speed, and strength begin to kick in at age 14.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just don't understand how they could compete. Unless there are some crazy good players out there who haven't been at the other tryouts that we haven't seen yet, or players are leaving the other top teams, this team may be good, but real deal? My kid is on a great B team, and I wouldn't take the chance of him moving over.

My kid is in a very good D1 school right now, 3 other kids from long island are on team with him. all 4 of them where on B team with express in 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Tide Owner for that pitch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get tired of all this AA, A, B, etc, stuff as well, but there is a point to it.

There are only 15-20 teams in the country that probably deserve to be called "AA" teams. All very athletic, fast, highly skilled, big, older and they can really move the ball to attack the backside. You don't have to be ashamed if your son's team is on age, not everyone's hit puberty or not everyone has the athleticism to play in college. You can have a solid "A" team of kids who are going to be strong JV or even varsity players over the next 4 years, who are learning and getting better and having fun, who are winning non-elite tournaments and who need to improve on swinging the ball around to get hockey assists or always nailing the 3rd slide. That A team is going to lose 8-2 against a AA team on a good day (and at least make the AA team break a sweat) or 15-2 on a bad day, but that's OK.

Likewise, there are tons of B teams around the country that can't compete with solid A teams on the scoreboard, but who are getting good coaching and the kids have been improving much more over the last few years than they would have had just playing rec league or will sitting on the bench of a non-hotbed varsity team.

It makes a lot of sense to understand where a team stands and for that team to go to the best tournaments to challenge themselves to get better, and not necessarily get slaughtered by higher-level teams or, in turn, slaughter lower-level teams. Maybe a mix of some "stretch" tournaments and some winnable tournaments. My kid's team had 17 competitive tournament games this Summer and 4 blowouts (in either direction, and even blowouts are good for teaching kids to be good sports, play in a different position or be able to show your kids how a higher level team moves the ball in the air, etc.)

Thank you - it's like the AA teams are protecting their country club or polo club from anyone getting near it. They totally don't get it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all Tide is a non profit club, I say it because tide and Kevin, was the best thing that happened for my boy. Build his confidence, played a lot, fun group of kids and parents.
Please just stay on your B team. You sound like a little [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not Tide owner. It is easy to dismiss or mock people when they tell you what you don't want to hear. Or you have drank so much club kool aid that you think its real and your kid is going to get recruited because he plays for one of the other clubs? Dude get real and think about you kid - not about what club you can tell your friends he or she plays for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a very good post. Know who your kids is, find the club/team that matches that while providing a challenge for him. All the rest is politics and marketing/hype.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a very good post. Know who your kids is, find the club/team that matches that while providing a challenge for him. All the rest is politics and marketing/hype.

That was my point - a proper tiering system would make all of that easier, both from the club and parent/player's perspective!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then dont tier the teams they change every year. Tier the tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then dont tier the teams they change every year. Tier the tournaments

You can't have one without the other - it's up to a club/coach to accurately tier his team. But you do need tourneys to be tiered properly to allow an honest/realistic coach to know what tourneys are appropriate.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
TONIGHT ALL WALK UPS ARE WELCOME !!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahahahahahahah what a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the answer to why Tide will be good winning team this year? As you stated in a prior post Tide has been gone for a while so you may need an update. You claim Tide was great long ago. No reason not to believe you. Since then FL and gee has not had a good team, The 2021 Nassau team kept all the best players and Suffolk was a C team. Everyone makes Express top team who complains enough and the B team is really a C team and you took no players from Igloos top team. Most likely you have a bunch of B and C level players. That is fine but don't come on here stating how good the team will be and base it on taking players from these programs. Doing that may lead people to think you don't know what you are talking about which is a reflection of the club.

Tide 2017 was a great team. Same philosophy same coaches for 2021. Kids from express, fl$, igloo and other programs jumping to Tide. Why would anyone spend thousands of dollars for programs that are not helping your kids get better? Remember the program names are on the helmet and uniform. It's about them not about your kid. It's about marketing and dollars. They could care less about your kid. At Tide, you wear your high school helmet. That's what the college coaches want to see. This may come as a shock but many college coaches don't trust the clubs - a club coach will lie to a college coach with no fallout. They will always get kids to sign up and pay the freight. If a high school coach lies about a kid's ability he or she is done. A college coach won't be back to that high school to recruit. Also freshman year in high school is a big turnover year in clubs- what a kid did in grades 2-8 may no longer be that relevant -- growth, speed, and strength begin to kick in at age 14.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahahahahahahah what a joke

The biggest joke is that you still can't comprehend what the "Quote" button is for, and no one but you knows what you are talking about . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all Tide is a non profit club, I say it because tide and Kevin, was the best thing that happened for my boy. Build his confidence, played a lot, fun group of kids and parents.

Non-profit does not mean people don't get paid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to check out this Ambush team. If there are so many haters, they must be a good option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop trying to cause trouble.

I'm going to check out this Ambush team. If there are so many haters, they must be a good option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Non-profit does not mean people don't get paid.

Trust be Tide will have a big number of D1 commits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please name the Top recruiting Tournaments the Tide will be in
Fall and summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a great option for entering B tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing not much @ the Avalanche tryout tonight...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not much what ??? There was plenty of kids and some good talent well be a nice team but more importantly will be well coached and the kids that want to be there will..... by the way don't believe everything you hear....lesson #1 in life see you in the fall pal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not much what ??? There was plenty of kids and some good talent well be a nice team but more importantly will be well coached and the kids that want to be there will..... by the way don't believe everything you hear....lesson #1 in life see you in the fall pal

Unimpressed was the term used. 25 to 30 boys, handful of Igloo helmets. I trust the judgment of the source. Maybe we'll see you in the fall, maybe we won't. Fall is football season! ;-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unimpressed was the term used. 25 to 30 boys, handful of Igloo helmets. I trust the judgment of the source. Maybe we'll see you in the fall, maybe we won't. Fall is football season! ;-)

Sorry every kid is not as good as your little guy ... glad you trust the judgement of others he is probably the same guy who agrees with everything you say .... maybe we will see you in the fall on the football field .....let me guess oh forget it not even worth the time ...please just move on to your new home remember the grass is not always greener elsewhere....good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is true then this means only a few kids returned to the team and only has 30 kids to choose from. I would think most of the kids are using Igloo as a safety net in case they don't make a team or already need a safety net. It is doubtful anyone is going there by choice. The igloo parents I spoke with are saying the same thing a lot of kids and talent was there. Maybe they need to read from a new script since word is getting out that is not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid didn't even want to go. He spoke to his friends that are on good teams, and none of them were going. Been on the same team since 3rd grade. Good coaches, all his friends are there, and they have success. I think this will be a good B team, and I wish Avalanche luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop trying to cause trouble.

LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide Fall Schedule
Sunday, November 5 - Showcase
Lax Invitational, Baltimore

Sunday, November 12 - Showcase
3d in fl$, Delaware

Saturday, November 18 - Showcase
Fall Classic, Farmingdale, LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is true then this means only a few kids returned to the team and only has 30 kids to choose from. I would think most of the kids are using Igloo as a safety net in case they don't make a team or already need a safety net. It is doubtful anyone is going there by choice. The igloo parents I spoke with are saying the same thing a lot of kids and talent was there. Maybe they need to read from a new script since word is getting out that is not true.

Not sure how this is a surprise - first the club formally disbands the team, then they reconstitute it. Players reacted to the first message and sought other options. Between the experience from last season and the totally mixed message by Igloo, even with bringing in a renowned coach, Igloo was fighting an uphill battle from the beginning. Throw in the late tryouts, and we are we are, but none of it is surprising given the details.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws have tryouts Mon. Any positions on select or gold still.
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how this is a surprise - first the club formally disbands the team, then they reconstitute it. Players reacted to the first message and sought other options. Between the experience from last season and the totally mixed message by Igloo, even with bringing in a renowned coach, Igloo was fighting an uphill battle from the beginning. Throw in the late tryouts, and we are we are, but none of it is surprising given the details.

Igloo also screwed up the other ages 2nd teams as well. Not looking good for AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Nope all kids on select have been notified ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

Nope all kids on select have been notified ....

Not according to PB's email today. Positions open on all teams

All 2nd Round e Mails have gone out.

If assignd a Team, please accept before deadline.

Contact us for extension if needed

Our 3rd Round will start Monday.

All Info at lioutlawslax.com

SPOTS are still available on all teams.

If your son has not been assigned yet we encourage him to attend

Can Contact us for any specifics, or questions

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo also screwed up the other ages 2nd teams as well. Not looking good for AA.

Outside of the elite teams at every age, there is a lot of competition now - the clubs and parents may not like it, but for every boy not on the top 3 or 4 club teams, there are a lot of programs where they can get fairly equal or better experience and development than they do playing on those top clubs' second teams, and in many cases for a lot less money and commitment. I know a lot of boys like my son that play at the level just below the top teams that love the game and want to get better. But, they play three sports and they don't want 3+ tournaments in the fall, they don't 4+ tournaments in the spring - they're good with 1 in the fall and the 5 - 6 they play in spring summer after school ball is done. They'll do lax winter workouts in addition to school wrestling or basketball, but they do it knowing that if there is a conflict or if they are worn down, they will take a week or two off and the coach is good with that. And many of these boys will play college lacrosse, but some may opt to play other sports in college - my son's preference now is to play football at the college level, but he likely will have a choice when he is junior. College lax coaches openly say they prefer multi sport SAs, but the top clubs seem to push an "all lax" mentality, even if some say otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9D1 had a decent turnout, much lower than last weeks. Not many Igloo helmets for 2021, so I don't think the Avalanche kids are planning on landing there unless they wore their town helmets. I don't see a third team coming out of this age group based on this tryout. Seems like most of the Blaze kids stayed home, knowing that they made the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9D1 had a decent turnout, much lower than last weeks. Not many Igloo helmets for 2021, so I don't think the Avalanche kids are planning on landing there unless they wore their town helmets. I don't see a third team coming out of this age group based on this tryout. Seems like most of the Blaze kids stayed home, knowing that they made the team.

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gone for a while?? It was a 2017 team. They graduated in 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry every kid is not as good as your little guy ... glad you trust the judgement of others he is probably the same guy who agrees with everything you say .... maybe we will see you in the fall on the football field .....let me guess oh forget it not even worth the time ...please just move on to your new home remember the grass is not always greener elsewhere....good luck

When you can't keep the ball in the air for more than 2 or 3 passes, you aren't working with a lot of talent. Heard there was one middie standout - already in an Igloo helmet - not much beyond him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

Ambush is a solid A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

They have been avoiding solid A teams for a while. Keep telling yourself that.avoided outlaws, express and igloo all last season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush parents have been told they will play the top Long Island teams this year. Made some changes last year as did the teams you mentioned. For this upcoming season all teams have made changes. So this past seasons performance does not count. It is a new season. Ambush we play the top teams this year and run with them all and prove they are a AA team.

quote=Anonymous]

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

They have been avoiding solid A teams for a while. Keep telling yourself that.avoided outlaws, express and igloo all last season
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush parents have been told they will play the top Long Island teams this year. Made some changes last year as did the teams you mentioned. For this upcoming season all teams have made changes. So this past seasons performance does not count. It is a new season. Ambush we play the top teams this year and run with them all and prove they are a AA team.

quote=Anonymous]

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

[/quote]

Ambush is going to jump to being an AA team? Really?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush players were seen all over trying out for other teams. About ten were at Express tryouts and many trying out for the Greyhounds/Titans. It is not likely any of the Ambush kids could make the top six teams. But if there is a chance for movement those would be the two teams they could make. Greyhounds are the easiest team to make in the top Six and Express takes almost everyone B level and above for the top team. So no matter what you read here on how strong Ambush is and how they are all happy they are realistic on the lower level of talent this team really has showing up at tryouts for teams they have the best chance to make in the top six. Let's see how many players return next year. History tells us this team has a lot of turnover.

quote=Anonymous]

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

Ambush is going to jump to being an AA team? Really?! [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys lets stop this AA and A nonsense it does not justify anything! The now "A" teams are B teams, just be real!!! It will help your kid in the long run...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

How does one avoid other teams? Do the coaches call each other and ask where they're going to play or do they each independently sign up for tournaments? In the big tournaments the organization wouldn't let Ambush in the highest bracket because Blaze was playing there. That's not the coach avoiding anyone. That being said I am pretty sure that the same thing will happen this year. Ambush is a solid team who unfortunately plays for the same club as one of the top teams in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to see everyone's top 10 for this age group:

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will take the kids with the most hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

How does one avoid other teams? Do the coaches call each other and ask where they're going to play or do they each independently sign up for tournaments? In the big tournaments the organization wouldn't let Ambush in the highest bracket because Blaze was playing there. That's not the coach avoiding anyone. That being said I am pretty sure that the same thing will happen this year. Ambush is a solid team who unfortunately plays for the same club as one of the top teams in the country.

you can call up any tournament and ask who is playing in each division. If you want the t-shirt you go where the weaker teams play.its pretty simple. Ambush = B level tournaments/website photos

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This age group as you put it has None of the top teams except Iglloo. This list is 2021 some teams have 17 year olds. For 2021 it is the wrong order but correct teams but missing NH Tomahawks who destroyed most of these teams. But remember igloo and and a few of the Long Island teams not on this list are are top for this age group. Igloo is the only team on this list who don't have any players born before September 1 ,2003.

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This age group as you put it has None of the top teams except Iglloo. This list is 2021 some teams have 17 year olds. For 2021 it is the wrong order but correct teams but missing NH Tomahawks who destroyed most of these teams. But remember igloo and and a few of the Long Island teams not on this list are are top for this age group. Igloo is the only team on this list who don't have any players born before September 1 ,2003.

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

None of the teams listed have 17 year olds. For NY the cut off is 12/1/02 right? Most of Igloo's impact players should be 2020s by NY standards. Express and 9D1 are as young, if not younger, on average than Igloo. Please stop stating Igloo and a "few other" LI teams are top for this age group; that is simply not true. If Igloo is so legit, why did they play with a 2020 on their team for four years? And how about them playing this past summer with young man that just finished 9th grade......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze AA
Ambush B
No third team

you can call up any tournament and ask who is playing in each division. If you want the t-shirt you go where the weaker teams play.its pretty simple. Ambush = B level tournaments/website photos

I have never seen a phone number for a tournament anywhere. That doesn't mean it isn't true. Hmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

None of the teams listed have 17 year olds. For NY the cut off is 12/1/02 right? Most of Igloo's impact players should be 2020s by NY standards. Express and 9D1 are as young, if not younger, on average than Igloo. Please stop stating Igloo and a "few other" LI teams are top for this age group; that is simply not true. If Igloo is so legit, why did they play with a 2020 on their team for four years? And how about them playing this past summer with young man that just finished 9th grade......

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

There are teams on this list that are not from New [lacrosse]. So New [lacrosse] rules don't apply. Eclipse has 16 year olds. They admitted it at the Nxt Philadelphia Show case. Edge who is not on the list did have 17 year olds so it does happen. True which is a National team has at least 16 year olds according to parents. Crabs advertise that they are legit because all the kids were born in 2001 and 2002. Express has at least one double holdback. So does 9d1. All these teams have older kids. As for Igloo trust me I am not an Igloo fan but I know the team very well. All kids were born after Sept 1 2003. They would all be legit 2021 in most states. They are the only age appropriate team on this list like it or not. All the other teams have 15 and 16 year olds. One last thing I never thought I would be defending Igloo. But the truth is the truth. The list is a 2021 list not this "age group".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the ambush Made the greyhounds one made titans

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to add to something this age group should be and are kids that were born AFTER 9-1-02. Igloo is the only team on this list that qualifies for this age group. Primetime was awful until they added hold backs. Laxachusettes and mad lax has had older kids from the start. These three teams also have at least some 15 year olds. It is also true that NH Tomahawks would beat most of the teams on this list. They are almost all 16 year olds with all 2021 grads. Team Carolina should be on the list beacuse they beat a bunch of teams on the list too. These lists mean nothing now and as one post said before the team with the most hold backs will be the better ones for now. Let's see where these teams are in two years when the teams that have to rely on developing talent grow up and play these older teams when they are all the same size.

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

There are teams on this list that are not from New [lacrosse]. So New [lacrosse] rules don't apply. Eclipse has 16 year olds. They admitted it at the Nxt Philadelphia Show case. Edge who is not on the list did have 17 year olds so it does happen. True which is a National team has at least 16 year olds according to parents. Crabs advertise that they are legit because all the kids were born in 2001 and 2002. Express has at least one double holdback. So does 9d1. All these teams have older kids. As for Igloo trust me I am not an Igloo fan but I know the team very well. All kids were born after Sept 1 2003. They would all be legit 2021 in most states. They are the only age appropriate team on this list like it or not. All the other teams have 15 and 16 year olds. One last thing I never thought I would be defending Igloo. But the truth is the truth. The list is a 2021 list not this "age group".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

1 - DC Express
2 - Crabs
3 - 91 Blaze
4 - Black Ice
5 - Primetime
6 - Laxachusettes Black
7 - Madlax
8 - True
9 - Eclipse
10 - LI Express

NY rules apply to NY teams like Igloo, Express, 91, etc. My statement stands. Igloo has more hold backs (by NY standards) then any team on LI. Edge is not on the original list, so you saying they have 17 year olds adds nothing to your initial statement. Again, Igloo had a 9th grader on their team this summer. Was he born after 9/01/02? Is he repeating 9th grade or planning on doing a post graduate year? Igloo has been gaming the system since the inception of their program. If you are not associated with their program, stop sticking up for them because you are misinformed. If you are associated with their program, realize that they are probably trying to replace your son by recruiting a player from Pennsylvania, California or Texas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leg is very weak at 2021.their world series team was a product of the so called age requirements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leg is very weak at 2021.their world series team was a product of the so called age requirements

One Ambush kid tried out. Just to have a backup plan. He didn't put a lot of effort into it. Fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh that kid was trying and his dad had Pom Poms
very funny scene, he looked ok till they put there real D on him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One Ambush kid tried out. Just to have a backup plan. He didn't put a lot of effort into it. Fact.

Wow. A kid goes to a tryout and does not try. That is more of an embasmement had he tried and not made it. Now we know why Ambush is a B team. Top ten Long Island teams don't have players that don't try all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush is a top 5 Long Island team. Period. It's tough being good. Everybody trying to bring us down. #HateUsCauseTheyAintUs. We know who we are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush is a top 5 Long Island team. Period. It's tough being good. Everybody trying to bring us down. #HateUsCauseTheyAintUs. We know who we are.

If true we will never know because Ambush coach puts them in b tournaments. If the coach does not believe they are an A team capable of playing in A tournaments why should we? I have seen Ambush. All b level players with a great coach. That does not make you an A team and certainatly not better than the current number six team legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of funny people on here living vicariously through their kids! Was it one kid who's dad had ppm poms or a whole bunch? Get your story straight. Ambush is a solid team. Not awesome but solid. There weren't too many real defensemen there. Maybe one who could play for Ambush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 5 for 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ssuddh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least you have options pick what B team you want to play for.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard