BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Recon can't run with any A team. You beat Express B team 4-2. Beat the Jesters by one. Lost to a couple of C teams. All those teams are teams that don't cut anyone and take any kid that signs up. Recon is a good B team but that is it. Any of the top 7 or 8 teams will beat them by ten. Had you played Avalanche again you would have lost to them.

The Avalanche has come to rest at the bottom of the mountain. Let it lie and live with it because it's too late to dig out. The cracks in the core began the year before but the organization did not heed the warning. The shouting of the false promises of a second AAA team triggered the final collapse. Keep digging Igloo and you'll find nothing, because the strength of many of those boys you left in the collapse dug themselves out and moved on. They are better and stronger for it and we other organizations know it.

The Riddler?????? Great job ...... but the abominable Snowman has arrived and it will continue

Yes the snowman has arrived but how's the climate? If you’d like to know, where your top players will go, riddle me this:

We are a motley crew of organizations that likes to go with the ebb and flow or create a surprise attack. So, when you see us riding the rails please note we are holding the world on our shoulders with the sole purpose of leaving it for the next generation. The world is ours! Who are we?

Everyone can play. (Hint: There are seven hidden gems.)

Best of luck. The new coach has an amazing record, just not right for all. Hope it turns around.

Hope your new home is good but unfortunately no stars on that team and that has been problem since day one good luck on your new "B' "A" team .....black/silver

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon can't run with any A team. You beat Express B team 4-2. Beat the Jesters by one. Lost to a couple of C teams. All those teams are teams that don't cut anyone and take any kid that signs up. Recon is a good B team but that is it. Any of the top 7 or 8 teams will beat them by ten. Had you played Avalanche again you would have lost to them.

The Avalanche has come to rest at the bottom of the mountain. Let it lie and live with it because it's too late to dig out. The cracks in the core began the year before but the organization did not heed the warning. The shouting of the false promises of a second AAA team triggered the final collapse. Keep digging Igloo and you'll find nothing, because the strength of many of those boys you left in the collapse dug themselves out and moved on. They are better and stronger for it and we other organizations know it.

The Riddler?????? Great job ...... but the abominable Snowman has arrived and it will continue

Yes the snowman has arrived but how's the climate? If you’d like to know, where your top players will go, riddle me this:

We are a motley crew of organizations that likes to go with the ebb and flow or create a surprise attack. So, when you see us riding the rails please note we are holding the world on our shoulders with the sole purpose of leaving it for the next generation. The world is ours! Who are we?

Everyone can play. (Hint: There are seven hidden gems.)

Best of luck. The new coach has an amazing record, just not right for all. Hope it turns around.

Hope your new home is good but unfortunately no stars on that team and that has been problem since day one good luck on your new "B' "A" team .....black/silver

My apologies. I was having fun with the Riddler comment. None of the organizations referenced have anything to do with the comment. Not with black silver organization or plan to be either, they had nothing to do with it. Good luck.end of conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friend of mine son tryed put for Outlaws and just told me he got call from them looking for commitment for Gold Team which is there 2nd team aren't there 2 more tryouts still ? My son was unable to make 1st tryout ? Does it pay to even go ? How can they say 3 tryouts and begin making calls ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JACK KALEY to Coach 2021 Igloo Avalanche Team
(Four Time NCAA D2 Championship Coach & Four Time National Coach of the Year)
2021 Igloo Avalanche Head Coach!!!

2021 Igloo Avalanche Team FREE tryout:
Date: August 16th
Time: 6pm-8pm
2534 Cedar Swamp Rd., Glen Head,

For more info or any questions email: Avalancheteam2021@gmail.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All teams lock up certain players for each team after day one of tryouts. If you paid already you should go to tryout and see what happens. You can also call the director and see what is still available. Good luck.

Friend of mine son tryed put for Outlaws and just told me he got call from them looking for commitment for Gold Team which is there 2nd team aren't there 2 more tryouts still ? My son was unable to make 1st tryout ? Does it pay to even go ? How can they say 3 tryouts and begin making calls ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty simple Outlaws take some kids off 1st tryout. Then they add on each tryout. Its a good system

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pays to go. Kids offered gold should still go. May still get select offer. Just bc top teamwasnt iffered doesn't mean its not a possibility. No teams closed after first tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid was at Tide tryouts today. Some good talent. Coach seerms like a great guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All teams lock up certain players for each team after day one of tryouts. If you paid already you should go to tryout and see what happens. You can also call the director and see what is still available. Good luck.

Great thank you for info

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great thank you for info

Was told today the the top Outlaws team has been already called and picked... some if you think u got shot at "A" team good luck

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great thank you for info

Was told today the the top Outlaws team has been already called and picked... some if you think u got shot at "A" team good luck

Outlaws suck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide 2.0 was great. No nonsense and solid talent at tryout. Going to Day 2. I think it's the way to go. As with 2017 team, kids will looking to get on roster in November once word continues to get out. You have to love a word of the mouth team where 2017 kids are going to some great schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Avalanche ? Jack Kaley ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so lets say Igloo Avalanche is a "B" team (although it will be more like a B+ or A- with the coaching)why would i send my kid to another "B" team some where else name 1 "B" team that has a better Head Coach ? After what happened last year I have been told there will be a close eye from the organization to make sure it don't happen again. Just my thought I am keeping my kid here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want your kid to play D2/D3 then stay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so lets say Igloo Avalanche is a "B" team (although it will be more like a B+ or A- with the coaching)why would i send my kid to another "B" team some where else name 1 "B" team that has a better Head Coach ? After what happened last year I have been told there will be a close eye from the organization to make sure it don't happen again. Just my thought I am keeping my kid here.

Your definition of a "better head coach" may be different than many others' . . . good luck and enjoy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real question is why wouldn't you pick a program where your son can play on a well coached A team (of which there are many more than some would like to admit)? Why are you so hung up on chasing "shiny things"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess your kid is playing D1 .... most kids on 2nd teams are not playing D1 anyway sorry to break the news to you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I want my kid to grow up to be a gentleman and live a successful and meaningful life. You're an idiot. My kid is staying too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your definition of a "better head coach" may be different than many others' . . . good luck and enjoy!

"Better" as in Hall of Fame good luck to you and enjoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many DIII and DII programs that are better than some DI programs. On the flip side, there are many boys on A teams that will never get a sniff on a top D1 program. And there are boys that could play Di, yet choose better academic opportunities to play DIII, So, your correlation is flawed all around! At the end of the day, lacrosse should be secondary to the real purpose of college, but unfortunately for your son, lax is a misplaced priority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was simply telling the person that if you stay on a B team. Going forward you will most likely be going to tournaments that D1/D2 coaches will be at. Would I choice a school like Wesleyan, or Tuffs, over some bottom academic D1 schools. Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many DIII and DII programs that are better than some DI programs. On the flip side, there are many boys on A teams that will never get a sniff on a top D1 program. And there are boys that could play Di, yet choose better academic opportunities to play DIII, So, your correlation is flawed all around! At the end of the day, lacrosse should be secondary to the real purpose of college, but unfortunately for your son, lax is a misplaced priority.

I would rather my son play a great DII or DIII program with a great education, than play a bottom tier D1 or a middle tier D1 without a good education. This is all about education, not playing pro lax after all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fortunately my son is in a top 20 school for academics and lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails went out stating they should continue to go to tryouts as they can be moved up to higher teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails went out stating they should continue to go to tryouts as they can be moved up to higher teams

You talking about Outlaws?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Emails for what the Outlaw "B" and "C" teams come on man there ain't many spots on "A" team probably 3 if I were to guess so you will get some kids who have improved from other teams "B" teams . it's all good as long as every kid is where they want to be and Happy but be truthful chances are if you got a "B" team spot for them you are not getting moved to "A" team as it is FULL ! And any team the forces you to give commitment before tryouts are over ...Parent Beware !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to all of the tryouts. Players are made offers and take the best fit for them, so spots open up. Happened to a few players I know. Plus you can play better and earn a better spot. You can't go wrong by going to multiple tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to all of the tryouts. Players are made offers and take the best fit for them, so spots open up. Happened to a few players I know. Plus you can play better and earn a better spot. You can't go wrong by going to multiple tryouts.

Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo B+/A- is a better option than other programs A/B teams for some people. Are we coming back? Yes, Why? Because teaching my kid to raise his game, be a leader who leads by example, and demand more from his new and former teammates is more important than running to another team and being a new follower. Don't run....Work harder!!

Seize an opportunity to teach a life lesson. And if you think that Little Johnny who can't speak to a coach for 2+ years is a lock? What happens when another kid has "The Switch" moment this next year, because he is playing a Varsity level too (Which BTW is faster than any 2021 AA/AAA Game), and is a better player next year. Johnny will have a bunch of hats and shirts and wonder what happened.

Make friends with a few people that have been through the process.....It's not even about the club. It's about your kid and what makes him a better person to be a better player.

I wish all the kids the best this coming year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo B+/A- is a better option than other programs A/B teams for some people. Are we coming back? Yes, Why? Because teaching my kid to raise his game, be a leader who leads by example, and demand more from his new and former teammates is more important than running to another team and being a new follower. Don't run....Work harder!!

Seize an opportunity to teach a life lesson. And if you think that Little Johnny who can't speak to a coach for 2+ years is a lock? What happens when another kid has "The Switch" moment this next year, because he is playing a Varsity level too (Which BTW is faster than any 2021 AA/AAA Game), and is a better player next year. Johnny will have a bunch of hats and shirts and wonder what happened.

Make friends with a few people that have been through the process.....It's not even about the club. It's about your kid and what makes him a better person to be a better player.

Says the guy whose son will know absolutely zero about teamwork and being part of team. #ItsAllAboutMe !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the guy whose son will know absolutely zero about teamwork and being part of team. #ItsAllAboutMe !

Hey why don't you take a long walk of a short pier!! You must be one of those guys who jumps from team to team in hopes someone will like you #mrIamajerk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is everyone against Igloo Avalanche ? All the big clubs have a second team that is not treated as well as the first team and they all claim to be an A team. None of the posters care about these kids. You are just taking a shot at Igloo. My bet is most of the kids return. Most will not make an an A team and go back. With the exception of Ambush, Igloo had the best second team. Express second team is a mess. No one ever hears about Icon and Legacy second team but they both beat Outlaws Gold who have there own problems. So ranking the second teams of the big organizations Igloo is number two in a list that goes like this:

Ambush
Avalanche
(Both these are A teams)
Icon b
Legacy b
(These two are clear b teams)
Outlaws Gold
(Outlaws Gold a step behind Icon and legacy b)
Express b
(A total mess)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey why don't you take a long walk of a short pier!! You must be one of those guys who jumps from team to team in hopes someone will like you #mrIamajerk

Nice logic there - team jumping would also be another sign of someone who has less interest in the team concept than themselves. #IWentToSchoolAndAllIGotWasNoLogic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's friend plays Select and they already took 4 new kids to the team, 2 definitely, maybe 3, were from other clubs, not internal. He thinks that there are still 3-4 positions they are looking to upgrade at. That is 1/3 the team if true. I say goto all the tryouts, you paid for it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is everyone against Igloo Avalanche ? All the big clubs have a second team that is not treated as well as the first team and they all claim to be an A team. None of the posters care about these kids. You are just taking a shot at Igloo. My bet is most of the kids return. Most will not make an an A team and go back. With the exception of Ambush, Igloo had the best second team. Express second team is a mess. No one ever hears about Icon and Legacy second team but they both beat Outlaws Gold who have there own problems. So ranking the second teams of the big organizations Igloo is number two in a list that goes like this:

Ambush
Avalanche
(Both these are A teams)
Icon b
Legacy b
Outlaws Gold
Express b
(A total mess)

Agreed. Avalanche and Ambush were the only two 2nd teams that could be considered an A team, and are better than many other 1st teams from other programs. The problem is that Avalanche took a huge step backwards this year, and will take another because kids will look to move because of the turmoil. We will see how many will be at the 9D1 tryout on Thursday. Ambush has worked because 2 of the coaches have been there from early on and have had success. They don't have the consistency to be considered up there with Blaze, Black Ice or Express A, but are in the mix with Outlaws Select and Legacy, as they have beaten both. Avalanche had issues playing Recon and Outlaws B, so it is questionable whether they could be considered an A team anymore. Maybe the new coach will help. Good competition is always a good thing, and we should look for all of these teams to do better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ambush
Avalanche
(Both these are A teams)
Icon b
Legacy b
Outlaws Gold
Express b
(A total mess)

Grass ALWAYS Looks GREENER On OTHER SIDE as some have said before hope all the boys end up in a place that the kids and parents are happy and truth be told you can NEVER make everyone happy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed with the above statement. Its to bad that Avalanche had to fold like the way it did and now re build. These kids are in 9th grade now and they don't necessarily have time to re build. Ambush & Outlaws Select have success yes because the coaches are consistent, but more importantly so are the players. The core group from both teams stay together. That is why they are successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ambush
Avalanche
(Both these are A teams)
Icon b
Legacy b
Outlaws Gold
Express b
(A total mess)

Agreed. Avalanche and Ambush were the only two 2nd teams that could be considered an A team, and are better than many other 1st teams from other programs. The problem is that Avalanche took a huge step backwards this year, and will take another because kids will look to move because of the turmoil. We will see how many will be at the 9D1 tryout on Thursday. Ambush has worked because 2 of the coaches have been there from early on and have had success. They don't have the consistency to be considered up there with Blaze, Black Ice or Express A, but are in the mix with Outlaws Select and Legacy, as they have beaten both. Avalanche had issues playing Recon and Outlaws B, so it is questionable whether they could be considered an A team anymore. Maybe the new coach will help. Good competition is always a good thing, and we should look for all of these teams to do better.

Dude...enough! Are you the same guy who wrote this and was corrected by someone else a couple of months ago? Ambush got smoked the last and only time they played Outlaws Select, which was almost 2 years ago. I think the score was 12-2 or something like that. The team you guys beat in the spring was team called mixed nuts. It had a hand full of select, some gold and some black team players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you that much of a looser that you remember what a score was when these kids were in 7th grade. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard