BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
morning

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NLF are allowing the 2020's to kick recruiting season off at the Boy's Latin School November 5th inviting all 16 clubs that now makeup the organization. Should be a good event and it will be interesting to see the turnout from the coaching side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The NLF are allowing the 2020's to kick recruiting season off at the Boy's Latin School November 5th inviting all 16 clubs that now makeup the organization. Should be a good event and it will be interesting to see the turnout from the coaching side.

Um, I think they are inviting the 2021's this November 5th. . . . Check the NLF website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder if there is any truth to this.

Some have said that 2019 was a weak year, that many of the 2020's that should have been 2019 made the right move. Now I am hearing many 2019's may do a prep year and flood 2020 next year. Affecting fall and summer. Thus creating a chain reaction.

There just aren't enough kids not ALREADY in private school for this to be something large enough to impact the grade? Your suggestion would be that a ton of 2019 public school kids are all of the sudden, on a shortterm (misguided!) whim, are going to flock to privates? How are they getting in? What schools have the space?? School starts in about a month, with fall sports starting in about two weeks! Not gonna happen in any big way. Clue: when you hear something, think through the numbers, the logic, and the logistics, and ask yourself, "Is this possible?". SMH

I dont think the poster said the players would change their current year or school, it said they will PG (after graduating HS) but play down as 2020 for the fall. Because at the end of the day they will enter college with 2020's after they PG.

I've seen this already this summer with some New England/Westchester teams. Boys still play every once in a while as 2019 but also play 2020. If it gets you into the better college okay. (I don't like it but the way things have been going I can see it).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some have said that 2019 was a weak year, that many of the 2020's that should have been 2019 made the right move. Now I am hearing many 2019's may do a prep year and flood 2020 next year. Affecting fall and summer. Thus creating a chain reaction.

There just aren't enough kids not ALREADY in private school for this to be something large enough to impact the grade? Your suggestion would be that a ton of 2019 public school kids are all of the sudden, on a shortterm (misguided!) whim, are going to flock to privates? How are they getting in? What schools have the space?? School starts in about a month, with fall sports starting in about two weeks! Not gonna happen in any big way. Clue: when you hear something, think through the numbers, the logic, and the logistics, and ask yourself, "Is this possible?". SMH

I dont think the poster said the players would change their current year or school, it said they will PG (after graduating HS) but play down as 2020 for the fall. Because at the end of the day they will enter college with 2020's after they PG.

I've seen this already this summer with some New England/Westchester teams. Boys still play every once in a while as 2019 but also play 2020. If it gets you into the better college okay. (I don't like it but the way things have been going I can see it).

They are going to reclass next year based upon a prospective PG year two years hence?? That is even exploiting the system - this blatantly lying! A SA attends school with an anticipated graduation year of X based upon the grade the student is in at the time - you cannot speculate that you will do a PG year and therefore prorate yourself down now. wth?! (And BTW PG means "post graduate - it doesn't change your graduation year! This is worse than if a 7th grade kid speculated that he we was going to repeat 9th grade in two years, so he decides we will play down in 6th grade that year and the next two! Lacrosse can't go age-based for pre-HS students fast enough!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like it or not, that is very common for players to commit to doing a "PG" year after graduation somewhere TBD, and then play with the grade down from their current school grade.

It is definitely happening where we live, and we have two reclassed players on our team, and know of a few that played 2019 last season who will now declare they are declassing and play 2020 next year.

For many parents, it is a more economical way to handle the situation as it only amounts to 1 year of private school tuition down the road vs. moving to private school after 9th grade to repeat 9th grade and then committing to 4 years of private school tuition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If 2020 is a much stronger class, why would 2019s want to get mixed in with them? It would seem that being in a weaker grad year would benefit the 2019s. Coaches are still going to fill up their 2019 recruiting classess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like it or not, that is very common for players to commit to doing a "PG" year after graduation somewhere TBD, and then play with the grade down from their current school grade.

It is definitely happening where we live, and we have two reclassed players on our team, and know of a few that played 2019 last season who will now declare they are declassing and play 2020 next year.

For many parents, it is a more economical way to handle the situation as it only amounts to 1 year of private school tuition down the road vs. moving to private school after 9th grade to repeat 9th grade and then committing to 4 years of private school tuition.

The economics of it has no bearing on what grade they play club lacrosse for - one has nothign to do with the other. Reclassing of SA either happens or it doesn't - you are either changing grades or not. This is as ridiculous as the perv who identifies today as a male and tomorrow as a female so that they can get into the womens' lockeroom. It's purely to exploit a system for personal gain at the moment. And if, "where you live" happens to be MA or thereabouts, I am not surprised - that is the one place where the reclassing phenomenon seems to be a badge of honor - no one there is even remotely afraid to tell you their Johnny reclassed and is playing against younger boys. At least in MD, or mid-Atlantic as a whole, there is a some sort of guilt about reclassing, in that if you ask about a kids age, the typical response is for them to tell you their kid are in the proper grade - the indirect answer to a question that wasn't asked is because they don't want to tell you the kids age, because they know they're gaming the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With tryouts underway, predictions on which club teams got better or worse?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I consider this to be a far worse example of breaking the rules than simply reclassifying. I would have to think that the tournament directors would balk at letting this happen but Madlax has allowed a 2018 to play with its 2019 team in the past because the boy plans to PG. I will let my 2022 play with the 2023s when it looks advantageous since he "might" do a PG year. I agree with the above poster that age based lacrosse can't happen soon enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall order:
Crush
Tenacious Turtles
Express
fl$
LEGGYC
True Blue
Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, so there are pre-holdbacks now? Oh boy, the holdback complainers will be busy this season if they don't completely melt down. At least us holdback parents can take a rest. The audacity of these pre-holdbackers. I guess we'll have to pre-holdback our holdback kids to keep the world order in check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going to do a 2 yr mission in south america after HS. So can i have him play 2022 even though he will be 16 next summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I consider this to be a far worse example of breaking the rules than simply reclassifying. I would have to think that the tournament directors would balk at letting this happen but Madlax has allowed a 2018 to play with its 2019 team in the past because the boy plans to PG. I will let my 2022 play with the 2023s when it looks advantageous since he "might" do a PG year. I agree with the above poster that age based lacrosse can't happen soon enough.

You guys are funny with your shades of grey arguments.... as all the dirtbag parents of holdback kids like to say, it's within the rules. It's not far worse, all of it is morally corrupt and cheating. But I hope the privates get beat at their own game or it pushes age based closer to reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going to do a 2 yr mission in south america after HS. So can i have him play 2022 even though he will be 16 next summer?

I don't see why not...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF tweeted out the fall schedule and it said the 2020's would be playing in Baltimore on the first weekend in Nov.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a kid really move from a B team to an A team in an organization at this age? Or are the teams already set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a kid really move from a B team to an A team in an organization at this age? Or are the teams already set.

Unlikely to move from a B team to A team but not because he isn't good enough. The A teams are set and will add one or 2 players only if they have lost players for some reason. It is unfortunate because there are many great players on the B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. on that team order. Great marketing by the new team that is being cobbled together...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. on that team order. Great marketing by the new team that is being cobbled together...

A good number of FL$ kids are jumping ship for turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unlikely to move from a B team to A team but not because he isn't good enough. The A teams are set and will add one or 2 players only if they have lost players for some reason. It is unfortunate because there are many great players on the B teams.

There are spots on A teams available on Outlaws, tryouts today, team is attempting to reinvent themselves again. Also FL$, where a good number of A team players are leaving. Otherwise no chance at crush or express. Crush will remain great, while Terps will remain one of the pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps need a back up F/O guy and have a few other spots that could be upgraded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps need a back up F/O guy and have a few other spots that could be upgraded.

No other top FOGO would go there to play second string. So what would be the point? The elite LI FOGOs are on Crush, Terps, FL$ (leaving for Turtles), Leg, Sweetlax, and Empire. None of those kids would even entertain being the second guy. They would be better off training a pole for when the kid has trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few others leaving for TT too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the 8 kids. Kids that dont play that much and would be better off on another team. Parents are hoping for the best and getting the worst.. spalinna , winkoff, chanenchuck and others are lining their pockets at your kids expense. They only care about top 9 kids. Everyone else is a donation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Express tryouts were a disgrace......even by Express standards,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the 8 kids. Kids that dont play that much and would be better off on another team. Parents are hoping for the best and getting the worst.. spalinna , winkoff, chanenchuck and others are lining their pockets at your kids expense. They only care about top 9 kids. Everyone else is a donation.

Only 9? What a pessimist you are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A disgrace why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A disgrace why?

Did the loudmouth coach of the Express 2020 B and D teams that use his last name as their team names attend the tryouts this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has been with express for many years and this tryout was Hardly a disgrace. They had a big turnout . There were a bunch of express coches there evaluating the players who coach other express teams not just 2020 teams. There was a lot of competion . They played on 2 turf fields right next to each other and it was very organized.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They changed that check the tab that say's latest NLF news and they click Fall Schedule. Most of these programs currently their high profile teams are their 2020 squads. The 2021's will get their shot next year at the Under Armour event and Boy's Latin in 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They changed that check the tab that say's latest NLF news and they click Fall Schedule. Most of these programs currently their high profile teams are their 2020 squads. The 2021's will get their shot next year at the Under Armour event and Boy's Latin in 2018.

English please . . . ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the folks behind the Turtles? Unusual for a kid entering sophomore year to jump ship from a very respectable program for a startup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the folks behind the Turtles? Unusual for a kid entering sophomore year to jump ship from a very respectable program for a startup.

what programs are losing kids to turtles?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles logo is owned by a certain lacrosse store... there is on in Manhasset, and a few others around the Island...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what programs are losing kids to turtles?

Combination of mainly Manhasset and Smithtown kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ Nassau Team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade Defenseman from fl$ Nassau leaving for Express. Another A player leaving. Half the team are leaving

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade Defenseman from fl$ Nassau leaving for Express. Another A player leaving. Half the team are leaving

some will leave and create openings for other boys unhappy with their clubs so we shall see.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard