BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: Boys 2022- PA and surrounding
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You don't what your talking about . No holdbacks sorry good try .

Really why is the whole team not going to Denver? Because they are to old.

Real Talk. 2 kids not going. One has Aug 04 birthday and couldn't come to the qualifier round so he isn't allowed to play in Denver. Other kid is only one on team who can't qualify since late July 03 birthday. That kid is newer to team and not a starting player. satisfied?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big 4HHH made playoffs in their own tournament. Play Mustangs in 1st game. Hawks and Edge in other playoff game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched HHH in that semi game
Went to OT
Def easier bracket but they looked decent
Got shelled by Hawks 15 yr olds in champ game but then again, who doesn't?
Who won Meltdown?
How'd Freedom do down south?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for Big 4 tourney this weekend:
HHH goes 2-1 in pool play (loses to 91MD) and beats Mesa in the non champ bracket
Mesa goes 2-1 in pool play (loses to Edge who will show up with 17 year olds as their grad year differs from ours and they always pretend they don't know) and loses to HHH in non champ bracket
Eventual Champ: Hawks or Diamondbacks (both with 16 year old 8th graders)

Predicting a few upsets this weekend.

Mesa was a non-factor this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to OT
Who won Meltdown?

False. Hawks take lacrosse too seriously and you see the results. Not bigger or older than any other club. Other teams don't spend as much time practicing, playing, and recruiting. Mustangs,Big 4H, and Edge definitely had size advantage and Hawks still won. Accept your loss, get to work, and don't make excuses.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time may have been the 2nd best team at Big4HHH but was placed in a bracket with Hawks so you didn't see them in playoffs. Their fogo is exceptional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about BBL 3-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time may have been the 2nd best team at Big4HHH but was placed in a bracket with Hawks so you didn't see them in playoffs. Their fogo is exceptional.

I saw the Hawks v PrimeTime game. It was heck of a game. At the time, I would have said those were the 2 best I had seen over the weekend. The Hawks had too much in the end but the defensive side of PT challenged everything hard. Hawks just made big plays, some incredibly difficult.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about BBL 3-1

Didn't know much about BBL (NJ). I spoke to a parent who said this squad went 18-1 last summer, only losing to Laxachusetts in their final game. It seemed like they played mostly A-level competition. Parent said they are stepping up and doing all AA level stuff this year and so far they are fairing well. Was told they lost to Igloo Arctic Blast in the Adrenaline Cup final the previous week (8-5) but the game was 6-5 until the final few minutes of the game.

From what I saw, they were a very good team. On the attack side, they were talented. The glimpses I saw of their game against the Crabs, the face-off guy didn't lose once. They picked the crabs apart with a 4-on-3 fast break on multiple face-offs (beat Crabs 12-7). In all, I thought all of the teams that went 3-0 or 2-1 in pool play were solid, good teams that will compete hard. But the Hawks were definitely the class of the field. PrimeTime and Edge were also solid on defense but didn't have the offensive fire power of the Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not go to Denver?
1) Mediocre competition
2) Expensive

Millon 2022 Championship is the real deal. Don't waste your time and money on Denver.

gee, I wonder why you're so invested in the grade based tournament instead of the age based tournament?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to OT
Who won Meltdown?

False. Hawks take lacrosse too seriously and you see the results. Not bigger or older than any other club. Other teams don't spend as much time practicing, playing, and recruiting. Mustangs,Big 4H, and Edge definitely had size advantage and Hawks still won. Accept your loss, get to work, and don't make excuses.

Agree! Hawk team was very talented and was one of the smaller teams these past 2 weekends. You certainly can not judge size either when the smallest kids this weekend on the field where the best out there. Every team that loses to Hawks call them cheaters but reality is the are very good and have very good coaches. In the finalgame Big 4 looked bigger all over the field . Hawks play ally of very small kids but also Jane a few bigger- no bigger than the players defending them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not go to Denver?
1) Mediocre competition
2) Expensive

Millon 2022 Championship is the real deal. Don't waste your time and money on Denver.

gee, I wonder why you're so invested in the grade based tournament instead of the age based tournament?

Just look at the line ups. Do you want to win a tournament poorly attended by top teams or win a tournament where the best of the best are playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about BBL 3-1

Didn't know much about BBL (NJ). I spoke to a parent who said this squad went 18-1 last summer, only losing to Laxachusetts in their final game. It seemed like they played mostly A-level competition. Parent said they are stepping up and doing all AA level stuff this year and so far they are fairing well. Was told they lost to Igloo Arctic Blast in the Adrenaline Cup final the previous week (8-5) but the game was 6-5 until the final few minutes of the game.

From what I saw, they were a very good team. On the attack side, they were talented. The glimpses I saw of their game against the Crabs, the face-off guy didn't lose once. They picked the crabs apart with a 4-on-3 fast break on multiple face-offs (beat Crabs 12-7). In all, I thought all of the teams that went 3-0 or 2-1 in pool play were solid, good teams that will compete hard. But the Hawks were definitely the class of the field. PrimeTime and Edge were also solid on defense but didn't have the offensive fire power of the Hawks.

Nice wins over Mustangs, PBR, and Crabs. A little surprised they lost to Diamondbacks who were blown out by Mustangs and Prime Time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about BBL 3-1

Nice wins over Mustangs, PBR, and Crabs. A little surprised they lost to Diamondbacks who were blown out by Mustangs and Prime Time.

Just looked at tourney machine results, and that is surprising. Perhaps match-up issues? BBL beat Crabs by a similar margin as Prime Time. Then again, these are 12-13 year old boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club Lacrosse at the Middle School level is the biggest waste of time, with the new rules in place club lacrosse brings nothing but unnecessary money spent on tournaments that don't mean anything because you cannot be recruited. Our township programs are suffering because of Club Lacrosse and parents are dishing out to much money for poor coaching and big ego's. Club Lacrosse is for profit now and it needs to change. Kids are being burnt out because they're playing for 2-3 different club teams and it is noticeable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL schedules out. https://goo.gl/ewgzEy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Jersey has a shot at their division since the 3 Elite Long Island teams are in other divisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Jersey has a shot at their division since the 3 Elite Long Island teams are in other divisions.

All of the LI teams are good but beatable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the Millon Championship (http://youthlaxchampionship.com/index.html), there are no Philly area teams. Interesting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the Millon Championship (http://youthlaxchampionship.com/index.html), there are no Philly area teams. Interesting?

Freedom should be there. Lots of reasons though for teams not to be.
Big 4 HHH definitely should not be. Stacking team to try and win own tournament last week. Sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big 4 HHH definitely should not be. Stacking team to try and win own tournament last week. Sad

How did they stack it? It seemed to be the same team that was at NLF.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this guy is referring to the pool HHH had for the weekend.
I don't think it was a cupcake draw by any means: Sweetlax, 3D New England, Ninety One MD. Def not as stacked as some of the others but respectable. But hey, if you run the tourney you can do what you want with the pools.
Beating the TX team was a great win for them in OT. Got shelled by Hawks who is now the top of the heap at '22s, IMO.
I just think there's a lot of hate out there for the NLF events that aren't inclusive of all teams. It's pretty simple: If you're in it, you'll get to play in their events. Other teams can get into the events, at a premium, I would think. For example, Rising Sons took their '21s to the HHH event.
Why wasn't Freedom in the tourney? Who knows? Maybe they didn't attempt to get in. Maybe Billy doesn't want them in as they could be considered competition for his kids. Don't know. Don't care.
Our boys are all taking different routes. Where they end up, who knows.
I know my son is having a blast and I am as well.
Good luck to all the Philly teams in the coming weeks.
Frankly, I'm proud when any of them do well in real tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this guy is referring to the pool HHH had for the weekend.
I don't think it was a cupcake draw by any means: Sweetlax, 3D New England, Ninety One MD. Def not as stacked as some of the others but respectable. But hey, if you run the tourney you can do what you want with the pools.
Beating the TX team was a great win for them in OT. Got shelled by Hawks who is now the top of the heap at '22s, IMO.
I just think there's a lot of hate out there for the NLF events that aren't inclusive of all teams. It's pretty simple: If you're in it, you'll get to play in their events. Other teams can get into the events, at a premium, I would think. For example, Rising Sons took their '21s to the HHH event.
Why wasn't Freedom in the tourney? Who knows? Maybe they didn't attempt to get in. Maybe Billy doesn't want them in as they could be considered competition for his kids. Don't know. Don't care.
Our boys are all taking different routes. Where they end up, who knows.
I know my son is having a blast and I am as well.
Good luck to all the Philly teams in the coming weeks.
Frankly, I'm proud when any of them do well in real tourneys.

T9-1 was a lock to take that division if they had their TX kids. I doubt Big 3 HHH knew they wouldn't have them when they made up the brackets. Big 3 HHH just played well also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is any team going to come within 10 goals of Igloo this weekend at Summer Slam?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weak competition at 2022

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's igoo B team playing. They are very good though also. Beat express this spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's igoo B team playing. They are very good though also. Beat express this spring

Looks like Mesa is in the drivers seat. Good win over fca. Igloo not looking too good with loss to chaos.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Mesa is in the drivers seat. Good win over fca. Igloo not looking too good with loss to chaos.

Chaos gets revenge in championship game against Mesa and wins it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Young guns has turned into the mid Atlantic championships since none of the great mid Atlantic teams are doing wsyl.

How will Freedom do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Young Guns...the end is nearing in regards to relevance. They have FIVE teams coming at 2024 and SIX coming at 2025 doesn't bode well for the future. I don't call that a tournament I call that Pool A and Pool B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no good mid Atlantic teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom is not committed. You can't be a real program if you play some times as Dukes Nationals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no good mid Atlantic teams

You are misinformed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom is not committed. You can't be a real program if you play some times as Dukes Nationals.

Freedom is legit. Dukie National is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK serious question for BL parents. Has the WSYL been worth it? The lacrosse itself seems like you could do that without traveling to Denver. Is all the other stuff worth the time/money? Will your 2023 team do it next year? 3 of 4 semi-finalists from NY, last one from MD. Seems like NY, MD and NJ dominated....seems like they should move the event out east till the Central and West teams catch-up?

I mean Colorado is gorgeous, but much rather do a trip there in the winter....

Genuinely looking for input from those in attendance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK serious question for BL parents. Has the WSYL been worth it? The lacrosse itself seems like you could do that without traveling to Denver. Is all the other stuff worth the time/money? Will your 2023 team do it next year? 3 of 4 semi-finalists from NY, last one from MD. Seems like NY, MD and NJ dominated....seems like they should move the event out east till the Central and West teams catch-up?

Fair question. As a 2023 parent, I'd like to know. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair question. As a 2023 parent, I'd like to know. Thanks.

Lots of perks but you pay for it. $6k entry fee plus travel, hotels, rentals etc. Kids have a blast like they would at Disneyland. There are much better tournaments competition wise (Millon, NLF, Young Guns, others) but the final is on one of the espns. (Basically an infomercial paid by your excessive entry fees). There is a skills competition / field day and they give out awards for every little thing which the kids love. It also can tear some teams apart because they change the cut off date year to year and kids are cut or added to account for it. (Last year was 5/1, this year was 9/1, possible move to 1/1 next year)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Young guns is not as good the 23/24 divisions were weak

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Young guns is not as good the 23/24 divisions were weak

All tournaments are getting weaker there as just too many now that claim they are the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Freedom is legit. Dukie National is a joke.

Freedom 2022 is starting to lose more often - got smacked down at Young Guns..

Think what the poster was saying is the kids are starting to play on other things as well - like Dukes Nationals - and that is starting to hurt Freedom. THink that is true - started with a bunch on HHH last year, now 2-3 on Dukes Young Guns, 3-4 on Dukes Nationals, etc.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard