BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,271
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 91 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They brought two teams and split up their AA team into two evenly matched A teams by bringing up their B kids. We played both teams and the one team we played in the Championship. One of their parents told me the split once the tournament dropped their AA bracket. They were not a B Team I think we beat them by 3 goals but I think it was a 2 goal game with 4 minutes left.They did beat us at Elite 8. They are legit and certainly not a B Team. Their righty attack is a force and generates about 75% of their offense and their face off kid is top notch.

Since there were only 4 AA teams BL and the other 3 were supposed to split up there teams. Each of the BL teams had 1/2 of the AA kids...

What the [lacrosse] is"AA"!!! is it made up so they B teams who think they are A can be called A for a weekend...silly

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They brought two teams and split up their AA team into two evenly matched A teams by bringing up their B kids. We played both teams and the one team we played in the Championship. One of their parents told me the split once the tournament dropped their AA bracket. They were not a B Team I think we beat them by 3 goals but I think it was a 2 goal game with 4 minutes left.They did beat us at Elite 8. They are legit and certainly not a B Team. Their righty attack is a force and generates about 75% of their offense and their face off kid is top notch.

Since there were only 4 AA teams BL and the other 3 were supposed to split up there teams. Each of the BL teams had 1/2 of the AA kids...

What the [lacrosse] is"AA"!!! is it made up so they B teams who think they are A can be called A for a weekend...silly

haha so true! soon AAA AA and A can't call kids B and C might hurt their feelings ...sad !! just like starting to call second and third teams by names ...ALL A JOKE ! not fooling anyone !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reloaded with what??? Answer the question? And if you think winning games by 1 is significantly better your a stat pup that is clueless.
Top teams can beat each other any given day. TAZ PACK Madlax BLC.
91MD even caught TAZ sleeping!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

haha so true! soon AAA AA and A can't call kids B and C might hurt their feelings ...sad !! just like starting to call second and third teams by names ...ALL A JOKE ! not fooling anyone !

If you're going to assign teams to some sort of talent or ranking categories, then you need to pick how many tiers that ranking will include. Then you need to come to a clear consensus on what being in one versus the other is determined by (teams near the bottom of one versus the top of the other will always bring about debate). None of that exists today - people like to speak as though there is a clear two-tier system, A and B, but in application, it's a one-tier system with the best of the best called out, and then a few more programs right below that, and then EVERYONE else - there are too many teams in the "everyone else" category ('B") for this to be a valid two-tier system. In a true two-tier system, there are are a number of good 'B' teams that would be more appropriately lower A teams. The only other way to do it would to have every team numerically ranked, and then define the decile that define the categories, IE, top 10 = A, 11 - 30 = B, etc, etc; this would actually allow for more than two tiers, which would also provide insight into matching teams up better for tournaments et al That isn't happening unless someone builds a system that tracks all of this based upon numerous objective factors (forget bringing in subjective factors like voting!). It also would only be valid for a given year since teams have turnover in players - each year you would start over, but there would nothing to provide preseason ranking on other than the previous year's team ranking. It would be an interesting graduate project for a former lax player in an appropriate field of study (statistics/math?).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the AA, A, B is fine and more than appropriate. The reality is that it is subjective at best when self anointing your own team/club. My son plays for AA and has blown out teams and gotten blown out. I have seen teams that should play AA but play A to get a tournament win. I do think an AA and A is needed. The reality is there are some super good teams out there in fairness that should play in their own bracket for both sportsmanship and to challenge themselves, as there are some very good teams out there playing quality lacrosse but just not "elite" but even that label is subjective.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In fairness. To 2024 only so many "elite teams". In the tri state area. Wolfpack. Taz, Then its 4-5 goal difference with express. Then basically 8-10 goal differential. With most other teams . If my son was on taz, pack, and we basically blew out everyone with exception of few teams, Maybe I would think play up. If it's about getting better. Taz played 2023 fl$ few weeks ago and was like 500 ish. But at least was competitive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is in summer showdown this weekend?

When is the schedule coming out? This can't be a good thing that it is taking this long to release....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In fairness. To 2024 only so many "elite teams". In the tri state area. Wolfpack. Taz, Then its 4-5 goal difference with express. Then basically 8-10 goal differential. With most other teams . If my son was on taz, pack, and we basically blew out everyone with exception of few teams, Maybe I would think play up. If it's about getting better. Taz played 2023 fl$ few weeks ago and was like 500 ish. But at least was competitive

Your point only supports that a valid two-tier system would have more teams in A than there 'are' now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you guys bother? No matter what weirdo name you come up with for your 2024 team, nobody can hang with Madlax. I love the comedy gold on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Idiot. Taz and pack beat madlax at elite 8. Take away the 13 year old and it's not even close

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you guys bother? No matter what weirdo name you come up with for your 2024 team, nobody can hang with Madlax. I love the comedy gold on this thread.

Another person who can't comprehend the aspect of something being more than about them. Clue: being self-centered is not a positive character trait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your point only supports that a valid two-tier system would have more teams in A than there 'are' now.

What level you play on should also depend on the tournament your in and the other teams in it. There are a number of teams that can play in the A bracket in one tournament, but should play in the B bracket in another. You also need to think of the kids confidence level. You don't want to keep having a team get there [lacrosse] kicked by playing over their head just because they are suppose to be an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, it is so much fun watching some Madlax kid turn you LI dads into raving lunatics. It doesn't take much. And if you would think first, and rant second, you might be able to figure it out on your own. Madlax does tryouts every season and is constantly picking up new kids. In the Spring, Madlax had a small roster. This Summer, it has a bigger roster. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that they added kids. It is easy when you are the best team in the DMV area. Kids (or probably more their parents) get obsessed with their kid playing for the best possible team that they can possibly make. This is why the best teams tend to get better. Just look at Hawks 2022, or Crabs 2023. These teams consistently beat LI teams, and the gap will continue to widen. And the same is true for Madlax 2024. Just two months ago, Wolfpack dads were posting nonsense about smacking Madlax and Back is Pack. They got noticeably quiet after HHH. No bragging or making excuses because for anyone that saw the game, Madlax jumped out to a 2-0 lead and solidly controlled the entire game. Madlax moved the ball with ease. Won every GB. SOG were 3 to 1. Pack struggled to even get the ball into the offensive zone. Madlax's defense manhandled them. Wolfpack got a cheap goal at the end, and lost its composure. Game was called because Wolfpack was two men down. Total disgrace for Wolfpack. Madlax won with dignity and class. I am sure the next time they play, Madlax will win by even more. You are absolutely right that any team can get caught sleeping. That is what happened at Elite 8 when Taz beat Madlax for the FIRST time ever. Isn't the record like 10-1? Madlax was up by two goals with 1:30 to go, and took its foot of the gas and blew game winning shots at the end of regulation, and the start of OT. That will never happen again. See you at NXT! You should learn to be happy with your kid being second best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Brotherly Love Parent that recently played all the teams in question here is my perspective on the rankings without a horse in the race.

1. Taz- Most balanced, outstanding goalie and togo.
2. Bethesda- Great snipers, decent face off and overall team athleticism (I do question the age of some of these boys).
3. 91 Wolfpack- Great execution as a team, well coached, balanced scoring.
4. Madlax- This team is really a one player team. Decent supporting cast but really only one player. (I really question the age of this one)

Take it for what it is worth. We beat the #2 team on this list but I think we got lucky with some great togo work and 6 goal effort by our main offensive threat. I put us about 5/6 on the top list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Brotherly Love Parent that recently played all the teams in question here is my perspective on the rankings without a horse in the race.

2. Bethesda- Great snipers, decent face off and overall team athleticism (I do question the age of some of these boys).
4. Madlax- This team is really a one player team. Decent supporting cast but really only one player. (I really question the age of this one)

Take it for what it is worth. We beat the #2 team on this list but I think we got lucky with some great togo work and 6 goal effort by our main offensive threat. I put us about 5/6 on the top list.

Wait a minute. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Madlax was 3-0 against Bethesda this spring, beat Wolfpack at HHH, and has beaten Taz more times than I can remember (and their only loss to Taz was OT), and you are going to rank Madlax fourth. That doesn't make sense. I am a big fan of BL. Have said lots of nice things about BL and will continue to do so. Sure people like to bash Madlax's FO. But he is only 11, and he is not going anywhere. So all the jealous dads need to stop bullying and falsely accusing the kid. Give the kid credit. The kid is a beast and he works out constantly. He is easily the most complete player at this age group. But more importantly, there is no way that a single player can beat all the teams that Madlax has. Madlax's speedy attackman is incredible. He could very easily be the best attackman at this age group. Same thing for their close defender. He could easily be the best defender at this age group. People get so caught up with the middie that they turn a blind eye to all the other stars on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Elite 8, T91NY, T91MD, Taz, Madlax, Bethesda (boy did they get screwed), and BL all held their own. Hawks struggled but deserved to be there. Igloo stunk it up. If not Igloo, who is the next best team in the country that should have been there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, it is so much fun watching some Madlax kid turn you LI dads into raving lunatics. It doesn't take much. And if you would think first, and rant second, you might be able to figure it out on your own. Madlax does tryouts every season and is constantly picking up new kids. In the Spring, Madlax had a small roster. This Summer, it has a bigger roster. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that they added kids. It is easy when you are the best team in the DMV area. Kids (or probably more their parents) get obsessed with their kid playing for the best possible team that they can possibly make. This is why the best teams tend to get better. Just look at Hawks 2022, or Crabs 2023. These teams consistently beat LI teams, and the gap will continue to widen. And the same is true for Madlax 2024. Just two months ago, Wolfpack dads were posting nonsense about smacking Madlax and Back is Pack. They got noticeably quiet after HHH. No bragging or making excuses because for anyone that saw the game, Madlax jumped out to a 2-0 lead and solidly controlled the entire game. Madlax moved the ball with ease. Won every GB. SOG were 3 to 1. Pack struggled to even get the ball into the offensive zone. Madlax's defense manhandled them. Wolfpack got a cheap goal at the end, and lost its composure. Game was called because Wolfpack was two men down. Total disgrace for Wolfpack. Madlax won with dignity and class. I am sure the next time they play, Madlax will win by even more. You are absolutely right that any team can get caught sleeping. That is what happened at Elite 8 when Taz beat Madlax for the FIRST time ever. Isn't the record like 10-1? Madlax was up by two goals with 1:30 to go, and took its foot of the gas and blew game winning shots at the end of regulation, and the start of OT. That will never happen again. See you at NXT! You should learn to be happy with your kid being second best.
and if anyone believes this nonsense I have a bridge to sell you. The only thing Madlax dominates is soft players. In every game I watched of Madlax half the game is spent with both teams kneeling watching madlax players crying as they walk off the field. They should join a nice Ballet class and let the big boys play or is that your coaches way of stalling the game when they're up? Madlax did it all winter and carried it over to the summer. Keep an eye out. Coach is sneaky. FYI this won't fly in high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo ha the same problem most of the travel programs do.
He is a daddy coach and his son leading the offense will hinder that team until he decides to make changes

Agree 100% that's why we left

tryout numbers would double with a coaching change

AGREE. Way overdue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

T91MD beat Bethesda at Elite 8 and a month before that beat the 12-3 in the MD AA spring league. T91MD also beat Taz...Bethesda isn't that good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Elite 8, T91NY, T91MD, Taz, Madlax, Bethesda (boy did they get screwed), and BL all held their own. Hawks struggled but deserved to be there. Igloo stunk it up. If not Igloo, who is the next best team in the country that should have been there?

Laxachussets
Express
PA Roughriders
Looneys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

T91MD beat Bethesda at Elite 8 and a month before that beat the 12-3 in the MD AA spring league. T91MD also beat Taz...Bethesda isn't that good.

All the teams have beat each other, all the teams are good. Honestly I think the days of any one team being dominant are over. Makes for more fun lacrosse anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the teams have beat each other, all the teams are good. Honestly I think the days of any one team being dominant are over. Makes for more fun lacrosse anyway

I am not a Madlax guy, but can tell you that we've played them the last two weeks in a row, and they are the best 2024 team, for now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and if anyone believes this nonsense I have a bridge to sell you. The only thing Madlax dominates is soft players. In every game I watched of Madlax half the game is spent with both teams kneeling watching madlax players crying as they walk off the field. They should join a nice Ballet class and let the big boys play or is that your coaches way of stalling the game when they're up? Madlax did it all winter and carried it over to the summer. Keep an eye out. Coach is sneaky. FYI this won't fly in high school.

Oh you big tough daddie. I bet you were one of the creeps that kept yelling hit em. The ironic thing is that some of those Madlax kids could have squashed your kid like a bug. But that is not how we teach our boys to play or act in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh you big tough daddie. I bet you were one of the creeps that kept yelling hit em. The ironic thing is that some of those Madlax kids could have squashed your kid like a bug. But that is not how we teach our boys to play or act in life.
like how you're acting on the site?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. That's awesome that your son plays on the best 11 y/o lacrosse team. That along with a 4.0 gpa and 65k a year will get you into a great college. Congrats. He will probably be able to put that on his Resume when he applies for a job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why everyone hates Madlax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: Does a Team Take the Free Clear via the Mercy Rule in an A Bracket?

It appears on the Looney site on Maryland Forum there is quite the raging debate. Brotherly Love 2024 was thumping Looneys 2024 and Looneys took the free clear multiple times, still lost the game, but then ended up winning the whole 2024 bracket because Brotherly Love got upset in the semis by Roughriders. My son plays for Mesa and we lost to BL 13-0 and never took the free clear. Which Team is playing with honor and integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It appears on the Looney site on Maryland Forum there is quite the raging debate. Brotherly Love 2024 was thumping Looneys 2024 and Looneys took the free clear multiple times, still lost the game, but then ended up winning the whole 2024 bracket because Brotherly Love got upset in the semis by Roughriders. My son plays for Mesa and we lost to BL 13-0 and never took the free clear. Which Team is playing with honor and integrity.

Just don't play in tourneys that have stupid rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Team is playing with honor and integrity.

And apparently terribly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most tourneys have that rule in pool play. Can't take the clear man up and work on you face offs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the teams look in the Bulldog bash?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I found Team Long Island---- playing 2025's!!! WOW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just don't play in tourneys that have stupid rules.

What tourneys play that rule??? That is beyond dumb! It's fine for spring youth leagues, but makes no sense when GA or GD are typical tie breakers for tourney pool play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually a lot. NXT, Victory Series, Hogans Lax to name a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I found Team Long Island---- playing 2025's!!! WOW.

How can you win t shirts if you play better teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MADLAX. Enough said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MADLAX. Enough said.

Hawks beat Madlax this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax parent here. We are a very good team... NOT a great team. We can beat any team on any given day BUT we can also be beaten by a very good team like the Hawks did yesterday. Madlax parents are not on here talking crap - it is someone trying to stir the pot. I'm sure this applies to all the teams. There are really good teams out there - stop killing each other and enjoy the competition. Should be interesting and fun for the next couple years. Congrats to the Hawks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does L.I. Express Remember when FCA beat their snowflakes at Saratoga Shootout last year. They are coming to the NXT cup... so be ready for payback!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does L.I. Express Remember when FCA beat their snowflakes at Saratoga Shootout last year. They are coming to the NXT cup... so be ready for payback!

We'll all be waiting for B bracket updates

Page 76 of 91 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard