BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 122 of 144 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 TAZ kids only showed to a practice last week.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And they were very competitive against established teams

Meaning Weiczoreck/Moran.
who was that crazy orange parent on Sunday calling them the terps?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm pretty sure Express coaches are not reading this site. Just contact them directly for information- this site is opinions your not always going to get the truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tristar Schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth to 2024 express adding 2 TAZ kids this weekend?

No Truth

Lots of guests and additions for Express at the Fiesta!

Just remember tryouts are just around the corner and you get to pay $105 for other (bigger, better or more athletic) kids to show up and take you boys hard earned playing time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or add a player that plays on the 2022 team. Kid plays on 2023 first then goes to the 2022 team and plays there. 2022 is his correct age group I think. I get it the owner wants to win tournaments so more parents think there a great organization. However when they realize that he does these things all the time and the kids that practice week in and week out lose time or don't play at all its wrong on all levels. But the owner will get more kids at the tryouts which puts more money in his pocket and the cycle continues. I think the 2022 team has about 30-35 players and you guys continue to pay its nuts. Anyway good luck Express no reason for the kid to play on the 2023 team your team is actually good and you don't need him.

WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO IT????? WHY DON'T OTHER TEAMS BAND TOGETHER AND PUT A STOP TO IT!!! Better regulations should be put in place. Would also put a stop to hold backs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age restrictions and monitoring will never happen so long as the powers that be (club lax organizations) benefit (through $, wins and recruited players) from using holdbacks. These guys run the tourneys, have the best teams, fill the showcases, get the recruiting media coverage, coach other teams on other levels,etc. They don't want a level playing field. The NLF is a direct reflection of all that. The day the kids on those teams ever have to disclose their birthdates and play against kids their own age is not happening soon. 90+1, Express, Crabs and Laxachuettes are the reason it will never happen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or add a player that plays on the 2022 team. Kid plays on 2023 first then goes to the 2022 team and plays there. 2022 is his correct age group I think. I get it the owner wants to win tournaments so more parents think there a great organization. However when they realize that he does these things all the time and the kids that practice week in and week out lose time or don't play at all its wrong on all levels. But the owner will get more kids at the tryouts which puts more money in his pocket and the cycle continues. I think the 2022 team has about 30-35 players and you guys continue to pay its nuts. Anyway good luck Express no reason for the kid to play on the 2023 team your team is actually good and you don't need him.

WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO IT????? WHY DON'T OTHER TEAMS BAND TOGETHER AND PUT A STOP TO IT!!! Better regulations should be put in place. Would also put a stop to hold backs.

Channy is an A$$ Clown...plain and simple

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone should look at Boys 2022 and read the ridiculous comment about holdbacks. It's a real gem. It's great when parents think it's ok to let your child not do well in school because being a competitive athlete is more important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other clubs don't care. The bigger questions is why do parents put up with it. Pay to be on the team, Practice all year and only get in when there is a blow out or a game that doesn't matter. I counted 30 2022 kids this weekend's championship of which I only think 15 Played and one kid never coming off the field.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go play rec ball if you want equal playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go play rec ball if you want equal playing time.

Its never even the playing time on these A teams. It's now become just win and kids don't see the field and the parents justify it by saying how good the practice and training is. It can't be that good if your kid isn't on the field, correct? So your son is getting to show off during PAL season where games don't count.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the best part is this kid gets a free ride on both teams... the kids that don't play pay his way. Rediculous...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the best part is this kid gets a free ride on both teams... the kids that don't play pay his way. Rediculous...

Life is not fair..Not everyone gets a trophy. Pal is where everyone plays equal time.. Parents pay for travel lacrosse. The best kids are going to play . Thats how the top organizations do it. If you are the naive parent that insits little johnny be on the best team even though he is number 6 on the depth chart well that is on you. Ever consider putting him on the "B" team where maybe he would be number 1,2 or 3 on the depth chart and play alot. God forbid you have to explain to your friends little J. Is on the B team not the A. What would you do with yourself. Wake up people put your kid on a team where he will play. Stop putting them on teams where you know they can't see the field. And yes I think my son can play on an A team but you know what I don't want to see him on the bench all weekend so he is on the B team and plays. Has just as much fun. Money well spent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very simple, if you don't like it don't write the check to a travel club. I'm sure someone else will take your son's spot...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very simple, if you don't like it don't write the check to a travel club. I'm sure someone else will take your son's spot...

You guys are awesome - you aren't reading any of these posts.

Do you really think any of the posters here are saying "Waaaah! It's not fair that Channy has six lefty attackmen on his 38 person "A" team and my "wanna be A but really more like A-/B+" team is going to lose to them 9-out-of-10 times." They're really saying "Jeez - that training better be F'ing awesome to pay over $3000 for Little Billy to be able to say he's on the "A" team and never see the field in a meaningful game."

And again, before you knuckle draggers start talking about participation trophies and PAL and equal playing time, I ask you - is Little Billy having fun never playing in a game - because let's be honest, in this world of Instagram and constant SnapChat, do you think any middle school kid who plays for the worst travel team in the country doesn't know that Little Billy doesn't see the field more than Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder?

What happens when they hand out the championship tee shirts? How does Channy decide which 25 kids get the tee shirt because you know that the NLF tournaments and the Blatant tournaments sure as [lacrosse] won't give him 38 tee shirts . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really think any of the posters here are saying "Waaaah! It's not fair that Channy has six lefty attackmen on his 38 person "A" team and my "wanna be A but really more like A-/B+" team is going to lose to them 9-out-of-10 times." They're really saying "Jeez - that training better be F'ing awesome to pay over $3000 for Little Billy to be able to say he's on the "A" team and never see the field in a meaningful game."

And again, before you knuckle draggers start talking about participation trophies and PAL and equal playing time, I ask you - is Little Billy having fun never playing in a game - because let's be honest, in this world of Instagram and constant SnapChat, do you think any middle school kid who plays for the worst travel team in the country doesn't know that Little Billy doesn't see the field more than Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder?

What happens when they hand out the championship tee shirts? How does Channy decide which 25 kids get the tee shirt because you know that the NLF tournaments and the Blatant tournaments sure as [lacrosse] won't give him 38 tee shirts . . .

So true. Why did they just make two teams and coach them both? They may as well had another good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember when Express used to be a great club. Wow they have fallen on hard times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what i am really loving about the club teams is the not only do we have the Club we try to own the tournaments too, send our teams to our own tournaments and get a few outside teams to play and away we go... next they will own the clothing companies too that outfit all the kids, oh wait .. that is already starting too. Capitalism at its best. Tri-Star owned by express, mylacrossetournaments owned by 9D1, blatant Outlaws and so on and so forth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Life is not fair..Not everyone gets a trophy. Pal is where everyone plays equal time.. Parents pay for travel lacrosse. The best kids are going to play . Thats how the top organizations do it. If you are the naive parent that insits little johnny be on the best team even though he is number 6 on the depth chart well that is on you. Ever consider putting him on the "B" team where maybe he would be number 1,2 or 3 on the depth chart and play alot. God forbid you have to explain to your friends little J. Is on the B team not the A. What would you do with yourself. Wake up people put your kid on a team where he will play. Stop putting them on teams where you know they can't see the field. And yes I think my son can play on an A team but you know what I don't want to see him on the bench all weekend so he is on the B team and plays. Has just as much fun. Money well spent

Part of the problem is the culture of travel lax where any team that is not one of the best 8 or so teams from VA to Maine is labeled a B team. In no other youth sport is this the case. "B" is used in all other sports to label teams that are filled with new players or lower end athletes. Many of the B teams in lax are filled with experienced players who are excellent athletes. They are just not the best of the best. AAA, AA, A, B should be used - both in terms of labeling teams and labeling divisions. There really are four levels of play - or should be if club owners knew how to grow their programs and profits to include more players/paying customers. There should be a division for a beginner player who wants to extend his lax season beyond the 9 weeks or so available for Town lax in the Spring.

LI Express, for example, should be able to have a team for each level at each grade, keeping the roster sizes at 21(or less) plus goalies. Will need a few more coaches, but will generate more paying customers and more profit.

Is this largely semantics to make kids and mommies feel better? Absolutely. But travel lax is a business, and any time you can make your paying customers feel better without compromising the product, you should do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. Why did they just make two teams and coach them both? They may as well had another good team.

The A team parents that have a kid on the bench are freaking losers. All the parents that have kids that play are thinking it too. Why do that to your kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaney always told us our kid was a B player not good enough for A team. He is going D1 free ride. The man is an A hole. You don't need express too go D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaney always told us our kid was a B player not good enough for A team. He is going D1 free ride. The man is an A hole. You don't need express too go D1.

Congrats!!! And yes he is. At the rate The almighty Express is going no one is going to need of want them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow your son must be a great player if he's going D1 on a full ride, what's his name? It's always easy to say things anonymously. Funny how people love to bash express and other travel programs but come August they will trot their kids down to the tryouts for multiple teams to see if he can make one of the clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
free ride? only at service academies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow your son must be a great player if he's going D1 on a full ride, what's his name? It's always easy to say things anonymously. Funny how people love to bash express and other travel programs but come August they will trot their kids down to the tryouts for multiple teams to see if he can make one of the clubs.
----- AGREE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is a good judge of talent and does form a quick opinion on a kids abilities and attitude and in my opinion he rarely changes that. However, late bloomers will fall through the cracks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats!!! And yes he is. At the rate The almighty Express is going no one is going to need of want them

You make no sense. You're just mad b/c your kid is on the A team and sits on the bench. Don't get mad at Channy. The only fool is you for paying that kind of money for practices. Take your kid somewhere else. Especially if he is young.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one gets a full ride for lacrosse! What coach is allocating 1 of 12.6 scholarships (assuming they are all fully funded!) to one SA??!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's exactly right. He has no time for the late bloomers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No such thing as a full ride for lacrosse unless playing for USA service academies. Academic full rides exist but certainly not for lacrosse talents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
free ride? only at service academies.

but not a one is an athletic scholarship . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No such thing as a full ride for lacrosse unless playing for USA service academies. Academic full rides exist but certainly not for lacrosse talents.

Unless he went to Hofstra

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did Express fall so quickly? People hate the owner? Rise of 88+3?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are more clubs competing with them.

They are also greedy and eat their own. Express is happy to have four diluted teams in a grade when they could have two very strong teams.......but of course that would equate to less revenue, Also, they do crazy things like having 35 kids on an A team even though many dont play. They also suddenly create new teams (i,e, Moran/Wieczorek in 2020) and screw over loyal, playing customers. And lastly, unless you are on the A team in your grade the organization could care less about you. No top showcase recommendations for you! They won't even get your kid into an NLF event which they are part of. Nor will they send any team other than their A team to a top tournament. My observaton is that if you are an A team starter for Express that is a very valuable spot and you will be treated quite well. Bench wamer A players and B or C team players are not even on their radar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
? Express stock is going through the roof! The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! Tryout registrations are at an all time high! 88+3 players will be looking to jump ship and hop on the Express train, if not, Legacy and Outlaws. Igloo will lose some players due to WSYL team fiasco.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every A team they have competes on the highest level. You can only say that about one other LI Club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pretty amazing but since my kid has been playing club ball all i have heard is Express is losing its luster. It's going downhill. Yet year after year it reloads with players, teams, and coaches. It even has expanded to other states. Let's face it they have been the big dog for a long time. Yes other clubs have entered the fray and actually made an impact in the overall grand scheme but Express still stands and is still doing just fine. There will always be up years and down years for age groups in any program/business but as long as they are providing a service that people are willing to pay for they will be in business. There will always be those who are not happy and they will come on here and bash the program it's director and anything associated with Express. It's just like any business you can have thousands of happy customers but it's the one that is not happy for whatever the reason that complains and stirs the pot often posting multiple times with different attacks. I guarantee if only registered users could post the complaints coming from the same people would stop and as a result the posts on here complaing would be more than cut in half. am

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express success is based on one thing. " There is a sucker born every day"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express success is based on one thing. " There is a sucker born every day"

Sorry your son was unable to make the cut. All the best!

Like Reply Quote
Page 122 of 144 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard