BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2025 - 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How'd the tournament work out?

YJ did very well across the board in Lax by the sea, including yj2025A who won their championship bracket.

B tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade as long as the kids are running around and getting better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone explain what a A tourney is compared to a B Tourney. Also what is the difference between A Division/Flight, vs B or C Division/Flight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ did very well across the board in Lax by the sea, including yj2025A who won their championship bracket.

B tournament.

Does is really matter at this age? Still played well. Still won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. My guess is the girls had fun down at the beach and they experienced some success and if you ask any of them to name five other travel teams they probably couldn't, never mind the rankings so stop the nonsense and let the kids be kids. YOU are the one looking up or down and caring. I'm on my fourth kids with this stuff and you'll realize how trivial it all is at some point. the cream will rise on its own or drop it all together and pursue something new.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B tournament.

In a C bracket of a B level tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B tournament.

In a C bracket of a B level tournament.

Said the D team dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B tournament.

Bring extra tissues this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B tournament.

Bring extra tissues this weekend

Who needs tissues now MD?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please stop with the attacks, these girls are 9-11 years old. Let them have fun and play. They get better each day, but they will have days where they look bad, and some days they look like world beaters. The M&D girls looked like they were having fun and dancing after the game. That is precisely what girls should be doing after games, win or loss. Having fun and smiling. No one will remember who won or lost, 2 or 3 years, but the relationships they build with teammates and the friendships will last a lifetime.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please stop with the attacks, these girls are 9-11 years old. Let them have fun and play. They get better each day, but they will have days where they look bad, and some days they look like world beaters. The M&D girls looked like they were having fun and dancing after the game. That is precisely what girls should be doing after games, win or loss. Having fun and smiling. No one will remember who won or lost, 2 or 3 years, but the relationships they build with teammates and the friendships will last a lifetime.

should be no 11 year olds playing 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any tournament with M&D skywalkers, Heros and YJ is not a b tournament Listening to you people talk about 4th grade girls is a poor look for Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D is dancing. Long Island loud mouths heading home with another 1 goal loss in MD. Come back soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did u guys win? 2nd place is the 1st loser..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is!!! Lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Important to remember that, regardless of our childrens' age, we need to help guide them through the various stages in their lives to eventually be highly functioning and mature adults. These games may seem so important now, but how does our actions prepare them for when their older, having children, working, and making important life decisions? Our kids watch and learn from us. They learn to yell at people instead of discussing. They'll learn to blame others for their failures (refs, coaches, other players, teachers, etc.) rather than taking ownership. They learn to take short cuts or sacrifice important long term goals for a "win". We should remember why we have our kids in sports. Rest assured, most of us will not say, "In order to rub a loss in the opponents face." or "So that we can prove Maryland has better players." or "Because winning is the only thing that matters." What is important? Why subject children to hours of practice over many years? Let's consider the following goals for sports: 1. To develop social skills and team work; 2. To learn personal responsibility; 3. To understand the importance of perseverance; 4. To improve one's health; 5. To learn how to deal with adversity; 6. To love the journey; 7. To see the benefits of how work.

There is nothing about "winning". Winning is short term. Focusing on the win detracts from our true goals as loving parents and caring coaches. These are our children--future leaders, health care workers, parents, police officers, etc. Winning is not quitting. Winning is learning. Winning is becoming a strong, caring, intelligent individual that learns to succeed despite any obstacles that may come. You must understand that focusing on becoming a winner only creates a loser mentality. My kid understands that she never loses, just keeps learning better ways to perform. My kid is told that "failure" is not bad when you've found a way to overcome. I tell my daughter that winners are those that don't quit. No matter what you're faced with, you keep trying and learning. When you quit trying, you lose. I liken it to being an entrepreneur or scientist, it takes many thousands of "failures" (e.g. learning opportunities) before you succeed.

Let's be a supportive community of mature adults and help all of our children reach their goals. It is not about us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. Great perspective. These are awesome girls on all teams playing at a high level. Fun to watch and encourage them as they grow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Important to remember that, regardless of our childrens' age, we need to help guide them through the various stages in their lives to eventually be highly functioning and mature adults. These games may seem so important now, but how does our actions prepare them for when their older, having children, working, and making important life decisions? Our kids watch and learn from us. They learn to yell at people instead of discussing. They'll learn to blame others for their failures (refs, coaches, other players, teachers, etc.) rather than taking ownership. They learn to take short cuts or sacrifice important long term goals for a "win". We should remember why we have our kids in sports. Rest assured, most of us will not say, "In order to rub a loss in the opponents face." or "So that we can prove Maryland has better players." or "Because winning is the only thing that matters." What is important? Why subject children to hours of practice over many years? Let's consider the following goals for sports: 1. To develop social skills and team work; 2. To learn personal responsibility; 3. To understand the importance of perseverance; 4. To improve one's health; 5. To learn how to deal with adversity; 6. To love the journey; 7. To see the benefits of how work.

There is nothing about "winning". Winning is short term. Focusing on the win detracts from our true goals as loving parents and caring coaches. These are our children--future leaders, health care workers, parents, police officers, etc. Winning is not quitting. Winning is learning. Winning is becoming a strong, caring, intelligent individual that learns to succeed despite any obstacles that may come. You must understand that focusing on becoming a winner only creates a loser mentality. My kid understands that she never loses, just keeps learning better ways to perform. My kid is told that "failure" is not bad when you've found a way to overcome. I tell my daughter that winners are those that don't quit. No matter what you're faced with, you keep trying and learning. When you quit trying, you lose. I liken it to being an entrepreneur or scientist, it takes many thousands of "failures" (e.g. learning opportunities) before you succeed.

Let's be a supportive community of mature adults and help all of our children reach their goals. It is not about us.

Says the loser! You wouldn't be writing this book if your kid won the championship. Sports is about winning. If you want to be the best you find a way to do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a different perspective. There are lots of shades between black and white. My daughters has been on teams where they've easily won every game is a season and on teams where they've been crushed. I have to say that my proudest moments have come in games that she lost. I saw her strength and perseverance--the drive to keep going without getting discouraged. When I hear parents mostly focused on the end score, I hear, "Go to goal"; "Bad call ref"; "Come On! She keeps fouling"; etc. Then after the game I hear these parents helping their children find excuses by bad mouthing the refs and other team. Think of all the hours your children put into practicing lacrosse. To have your children work so hard and then define success only as having a higher score does them a disservice. It is not fair to your child. Sometime, it is just downright mean. When I talk to my kid about being the best, it is about trying to outsmart and outwork the opponent.

When I think of the time and money I invest each year in sports, I would hope expectations for child development went beyond winning games. I think in the end, we want the same thing for our daughters, we just have different opinions on how to get there and what role sports should play. I wish your daughter well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is!!! Lol!

A little quick on that trigger finger, huh, M&D ? Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is!!! Lol!

Yes but we sent the yellow jackets home early and they beat you so say thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is!!! Lol!

Yes but we sent the yellow jackets home early and they beat you so say thank you.

Barely, and only with ref assistance. So, you're really only a legend in your own mind. Hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was M&D? 2-2
What what YJ ? 4-0
Pretty sure YJ beat M&D out of the gate.

Didn't M&D have to fight to even get in the semifinals?
Look at the numbers on the games, you don't have much to brag about. Luck isn't skill. You should take your 15 minute win and fade quietly. PS - we didn't leave. We were cheering on HG! WTG HG!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was M&D? 2-2
What what YJ ? 4-0

Look at the numbers on the games, you don't have much to brag about. Luck isn't skill. You should take your 15 minute win and fade quietly. PS - we didn't leave. We were cheering on HG! WTG HG!!

YJ Spalina lost in semis. lost=loser. No shirt for you, and a long drive home!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was M&D? 2-2
What what YJ ? 4-0

Was the YJ goalie there or was she at a 91 tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's YJ25 this weekend? I don't see them at Lax for the Cure?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is!!! Lol!

Barely, and only with ref assistance. So, you're really only a legend in your own mind. Hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes.

Thugball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was M&D? 2-2
What what YJ ? 4-0

who cares! Did you mean losing another tournament for the 91 brand? Rough weekend for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was M&D? 2-2
What what YJ ? 4-0

who cares! Did you mean losing another tournament for the 91 brand? Rough weekend for them.

Someone is butt-hurt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the loser! You wouldn't be writing this book if your kid won the championship. Sports is about winning. If you want to be the best you find a way to do that.

You're an a**hole. There is so much more to sports than winning. Go take your daughter to an individual sport if that's how you feel. No-one wants that [lacrosse] attitude on a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're an a**hole. There is so much more to sports than winning. Go take your daughter to an individual sport if that's how you feel. No-one wants that [lacrosse] attitude on a team.

Sadly lacrosse has been becoming an individual sport. Good original post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was M&D? 2-2
What what YJ ? 4-0

Great answer, was she there Einstein? That's the question. I'm only asking because I'm curious if her father is screwing the YJ '25 team again this season or is he keeping his commitment?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was M&D? 2-2
What what YJ ? 4-0

Great answer, was she there Einstein? That's the question. I'm only asking because I'm curious if her father is screwing the YJ '25 team again this season or is he keeping his commitment?

First it was the reffing. Now it is the goalie who wasn't there except you did have a goalie in the cage who I guess was not the goalie or whatever. What is the next excuse? Losers always have the best excuses on why they lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was M&D? 2-2
What what YJ ? 4-0

First it was the reffing. Now it is the goalie who wasn't there except you did have a goalie in the cage who I guess was not the goalie or whatever. What is the next excuse? Losers always have the best excuses on why they lose.

But was she there or with '91 boys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was M&D? 2-2
What what YJ ? 4-0

YJ was the only team that went 4-0 in their bracket. Take a look at the numbers, goals for and against, and see who really played best this past weekend. Goalie was there. Girls all played hardhHcz.
MnD went 2-2 in their own backyard. So please, let's be realistic.
YJ also beat HG, said with the utmost respect as they were a great competitor.
Beat your chest when you actually have something to beat your chest about. A one goal W in a 25 min game after going 2-2 all weekend isn't much to boast about.
Wishing all teams a successful summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is that YJ lost the tournament, stop with all your gibberish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised by the level of immaturity demonstrated by these posts. I have to assume that this is limited to a small number of parents. Why are you only debating who won when the girls played their hearts out and showed some amazing skills at such a young age. The way the YJ team passed and their spacing was great, especially with the limited turnovers. I also liked how some YJ girls faked shots/passes to throw off defenders. I was impressed with the M&D and Hero's goalie playing--willing to come out of the goal and take chances. I thought the Sky Walkers showed some nice redefending in their last game. The Redshirts really surprised me. I think they're playing better since NGLL. Many of these girls have some exciting futures ahead for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was M&D? 2-2
What what YJ ? 4-0

She was at the 91 boys tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised by the level of immaturity demonstrated by these posts. I have to assume that this is limited to a small number of parents. Why are you only debating who won when the girls played their hearts out and showed some amazing skills at such a young age. The way the YJ team passed and their spacing was great, especially with the limited turnovers. I also liked how some YJ girls faked shots/passes to throw off defenders. I was impressed with the M&D and Hero's goalie playing--willing to come out of the goal and take chances. I thought the Sky Walkers showed some nice redefending in their last game. The Redshirts really surprised me. I think they're playing better since NGLL. Many of these girls have some exciting futures ahead for them.

They lost=losers. Stop with the excuses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I guess they don't teach winning with grace or any semblance of humility down there in MD. Act like you've been there before. YJ will be back and these same girls and teams will be playing each other for years to come so show some class. You never know how quickly the show can go to the other foot.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard