BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 121 of 144 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true. We play for Express because the players are strong, the coaching is excellent, the tournaments are top notch and the focus on recruiting matched what our son wanted. He chose to leave his prior program and is glad - Channy was never a factor either way.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why do all his teams have the biggest rosters? Must be something right. It still shocks me that parents put their kids on a team with more than 6 attack and 9 middies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
didn't they know that when they scheduled it? Sunday is PAL. Way to screw the parents/kids again
that's the Channy way...he's such a tool box. He doesn't care about PAL, your kid, or anything else that's not green, But as long as everyone keeps coming back he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Chanenchuk was at the Ward Melville vs Smithtown East game to watch his former players. He cares about the players and guess what? He wasn't paid to go. Great experience with Express. Playing for Express, or any club team, can be very costly, but I believe the return on the investment was worth it for my son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why do all his teams have the biggest rosters? Must be something right. It still shocks me that parents put their kids on a team with more than 6 attack and 9 middies.

A: Ummmm... parents caught up in chasing an elusive idea that by being on THAT team, their boys will ALL somehow become D I commits and get scholarships? And the organizations parallel recognition that they can milk a half dozen more fees for each grade's teams? It's really not too hard to figure this out if you follow youth lacrosse, even casually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A: Ummmm... parents caught up in chasing an elusive idea that by being on THAT team, their boys will ALL somehow become D I commits and get scholarships? And the organizations parallel recognition that they can milk a half dozen more fees for each grade's teams? It's really not too hard to figure this out if you follow youth lacrosse, even casually.

Most parents do not understand the recruiting process. Your son needs to be seen actually playing on the field. Mine was recruited fall of sophomore year. He was on a solid travel team, not top two. Received far more interest from Coaches than the number 5,6,7 or 8th attack on those top teams. He was the "guy" the Coaches saw against good competition. It also allowed him to really gain confidence. Went on to be an All-star at Top Showcases. Never would have even been given the invite if on top two teams on LI. He would have multiple goal games in front of Coaches, received interest up and down the spectrum in D1. Had many options and chose a school that was best fit for him. Moral of the story is, better to be a starter on a slightly lesser Travel Team, than be buried on the bench with a top squad. If you pay attention, you'll notice only the top 10 kids get the plum offers. Same with the lesser team... Be realistic, if he's not good enough, or politically connected enough to crack the starting line up for one of the top two teams, he's probably not going to be seen by Duke or UNC. Starting and performing on the lesser team will get you looks and interest and calls from some pretty nice schools. But hey, if having your son on the top team is what it's all about, then stay there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College showcases is where it's at, makes no difference at this age if ur kids a stud player on a top club team or pal..As previous post stated if ur dropping thousands of dollars a yr for ur kid to be 3rd string player ur wasting ur time and money, ur kids only gonna get better with more playing time.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practices must be awesome. You can have two full squads with that number of kids! Maybe they can have Tournaments against themselves! And the Championships are always a tie so everyone gets a shirt!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most parents do not understand the recruiting process. Your son needs to be seen actually playing on the field. Mine was recruited fall of sophomore year. He was on a solid travel team, not top two. Received far more interest from Coaches than the number 5,6,7 or 8th attack on those top teams. He was the "guy" the Coaches saw against good competition. It also allowed him to really gain confidence. Went on to be an All-star at Top Showcases. Never would have even been given the invite if on top two teams on LI. He would have multiple goal games in front of Coaches, received interest up and down the spectrum in D1. Had many options and chose a school that was best fit for him. Moral of the story is, better to be a starter on a slightly lesser Travel Team, than be buried on the bench with a top squad. If you pay attention, you'll notice only the top 10 kids get the plum offers. Same with the lesser team... Be realistic, if he's not good enough, or politically connected enough to crack the starting line up for one of the top two teams, he's probably not going to be seen by Duke or UNC. Starting and performing on the lesser team will get you looks and interest and calls from some pretty nice schools. But hey, if having your son on the top team is what it's all about, then stay there.

Good post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the team showcases are well attended events and I my son got the most exposure that way this past fall. More than the individual ones. Playing time is sooooooooo important for so many reasons, but the most important one is enjoyment of the sport and fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022's scrimmaged yesterday, anyone know how that boy is with his wrist/Arm?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy was also at Cham CSH JV game to watch about 12 of his players. I guess he does care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lotsa a parity on Strong Island. Just look at winners list from Blatant. Nice showing by the town teams.

RVC
Icebox
Express
RVC
TAZ
Outlaws Gold
Icebox
Express
Express
Smithtown
Icebox
Express
Icebox
Hitmen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is the B team for Express at this age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, at 2020 which team is the B team for Express at this age? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks on the website as though teams are listed in order:
Wieczorek (top team)
Moran/Wieczorek
Leghart
Leggy (bottom team?)
If you look at the tournaments they are attending, I think this is the order from top to bottom. Not positive though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is looking to tryout for 2020 but we have heard that it's very hard to get on if your not from St.Anthony's, any truth to this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No truth. If he is good enough he'll make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is looking to tryout for 2020 but we have heard that it's very hard to get on if your not from St.Anthony's, any truth to this?

nope

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$$$$$$$$. he will make it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which D3 school is your son going to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wieczorek (top team)
Moran/Wieczorek
Leghart
Leggy (bottom team?)
If you look at the tournaments they are attending, I think this is the order from top to bottom. Not positive though.

Wieczorek - A
Leghart - B
Leggy - C

Moran/Wieczorek - Money grab BS team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have no clue at all what you are saying.
Come to a practice and you will see there no BS .
they are a first year team with a lot of talent being coached by the best in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have no clue at all what you are saying.
Come to a practice and you will see there no BS .
they are a first year team with a lot of talent being coached by the best in the game.

Wieczorek (top team)
Moran/Wieczorek
Leghart
Leggy (bottom team?)

Wieczorek - A
Leghart - B
Leggy - C

Moran/Wieczorek - Money grab BS team

You can put both Leghart and Leggy in the same category as Moran/Wiecorek.
And Wiecorek is now an A- team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI Express North 2019 team should be proud! Won the LI Lax Fest JV division, beating RVC 2020/21 and West Islip 2020/21. The 4th playoff team was Sachem North 2020/21. You are rising 11th graders...next time play in the right division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice weekend for the Express ships... 2025, 2024, 2023, 2022, 2019.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they cheat at every age group, or just a few of them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you ever know? Lax should go to age-based, and players should have USA-issued photo ID that are checked like in football and soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they choose to add players outside of tryouts to improve their chances of winning, that is not cheating. I don't defend it because I think any adds disrupt playing time and I understand 100% how that upsets not only the players and parents, but opponents. But that is not cheating. You should only add unless it's needed to fill out a roster for kids who left, but that's my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Nice weekend for the Express ships... 2025, 2024, 2023, 2022, 2019.

If they choose to add players outside of tryouts to improve their chances of winning, that is not cheating. I don't defend it because I think any adds disrupt playing time and I understand 100% how that upsets not only the players and parents, but opponents. But that is not cheating. You should only add unless it's needed to fill out a roster for kids who left, but that's my opinion. [/quote

However, if they choose to add players that are not of the correct age, that is, in fact, cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Nice weekend for the Express ships... 2025, 2024, 2023, 2022, 2019.

If they choose to add players outside of tryouts to improve their chances of winning, that is not cheating. I don't defend it because I think any adds disrupt playing time and I understand 100% how that upsets not only the players and parents, but opponents. But that is not cheating. You should only add unless it's needed to fill out a roster for kids who left, but that's my opinion. [

/quote

However, if they choose to add players that are not of the correct age, that is, in fact, cheating.

I agree, but it's mostly innuendo I think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or add a player that plays on the 2022 team. Kid plays on 2023 first then goes to the 2022 team and plays there. 2022 is his correct age group I think. I get it the owner wants to win tournaments so more parents think there a great organization. However when they realize that he does these things all the time and the kids that practice week in and week out lose time or don't play at all its wrong on all levels. But the owner will get more kids at the tryouts which puts more money in his pocket and the cycle continues. I think the 2022 team has about 30-35 players and you guys continue to pay its nuts. Anyway good luck Express no reason for the kid to play on the 2023 team your team is actually good and you don't need him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why am I getting emails from 91 bragging that they had all these teams winning Laxfest, and that's why we should try out there. Did they not get the memo that Laxfest is an irrelevant tournament and all the good teams were playing in competitive tournaments elsewhere? What happened to Express, they don't have any top teams anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth to 2024 express adding 2 TAZ kids this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for the truth on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why am I getting emails from 91 bragging that they had all these teams winning Laxfest, and that's why we should try out there. Did they not get the memo that Laxfest is an irrelevant tournament and all the good teams were playing in competitive tournaments elsewhere? What happened to Express, they don't have any top teams anymore.

It wasn't 91 likely, it was Express. And yes they have top teams and teams that are among the top 3 on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is they been doing that for 10 years. and people keep going back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is they been doing that for 10 years. and people keep going back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they were very competitive against established teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth to 2024 express adding 2 TAZ kids this weekend?

No Truth

Like Reply Quote
Page 121 of 144 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard