BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 78 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The igloo organization should be applaud today and I'm an Express parent!! Orange and black could have had what Igloo is doing but we have two teams with 35 and 28, a B team where some kids can barely pass or throw! Pathetic at this age! Maybe all the clubs need to look at producing competitive teams, the money will be there, the talent is certainly there! Maybe pass on a few private lessons or be honest and tell mom dad, Johnny not built for this team or this level of lacrosse! I'm not sure how Igloo figured it out, good for them and those boys!!!

What clubs should do at tryouts is pick the top team and then have another tryyout for the 2nd team. Because 2nd teams when orginally picked are good. But too many just tryout for the top team. Then those kids that make the 2nd team say no. Makes building a 2nd team hard.

I agree somewhat but Igloo built this 2nd team out of parents and kids that liked the coach and sincerely wanted to play there. Igloo's tryouts were some of the last so even if kids didn't make the A teams of other clubs they accepted invites anywhere they could rather than take a chance of not making an Igloo team and being stuck without a team. Igloo should really benefit from earlier tryout dates this year.

That doesn't seem like a hard thing to do. Find a good coach run the team. I would lI've to hear everyone's feedback on this once and for all. Would you rather watch your kid play a lot on a 2nd team and watch the team develop and play on a B team. Or be rostered on an A team and never play in a big game, just garage time minutes.

Me, I am selfish... I actually enjoy youth sports and watching my.son play. Don't care if it's A, B, or C. Not playing, sucks and I don't want to hear how valuable it is to practice, and how that helps your son improve. To what end... work your but off and get 5 minutes in a 13-1 game. Get real good on the 2nd team and get moved up the following year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The igloo organization should be applaud today and I'm an Express parent!! Orange and black could have had what Igloo is doing but we have two teams with 35 and 28, a B team where some kids can barely pass or throw! Pathetic at this age! Maybe all the clubs need to look at producing competitive teams, the money will be there, the talent is certainly there! Maybe pass on a few private lessons or be honest and tell mom dad, Johnny not built for this team or this level of lacrosse! I'm not sure how Igloo figured it out, good for them and those boys!!!

What clubs should do at tryouts is pick the top team and then have another tryyout for the 2nd team. Because 2nd teams when orginally picked are good. But too many just tryout for the top team. Then those kids that make the 2nd team say no. Makes building a 2nd team hard.

I agree somewhat but Igloo built this 2nd team out of parents and kids that liked the coach and sincerely wanted to play there. Igloo's tryouts were some of the last so even if kids didn't make the A teams of other clubs they accepted invites anywhere they could rather than take a chance of not making an Igloo team and being stuck without a team. Igloo should really benefit from earlier tryout dates this year.

That doesn't seem like a hard thing to do. Find a good coach run the team. I would lI've to hear everyone's feedback on this once and for all. Would you rather watch your kid play a lot on a 2nd team and watch the team develop and play on a B team. Or be rostered on an A team and never play in a big game, just garage time minutes.

Me, I am selfish... I actually enjoy youth sports and watching my.son play. Don't care if it's A, B, or C. Not playing, sucks and I don't want to hear how valuable it is to practice, and how that helps your son improve. To what end... work your but off and get 5 minutes in a 13-1 game. Get real good on the 2nd team and get moved up the following year.

Only it is....its hard to build a good 2nd team in an organization. Just look at your last sentence. " get real good on the 2nd team and get moved up the following year" well now there is a void to be filled to stay competitive. And in all likelihood you aren't losing a backup lsm. So now you need to replace an "A" caliber player with the tryouts not helping because they are so late. That Igloo 2nd team has some boys that could have played on other clubs "A" teams this year but the parents and kids chose to stay.Add to that the fact that those parents were ridiculed and were told they were crazy for keeping their kids on a "B" team. So who knows how the rest of the season will go for those kids but no matter what , one thing is for sure..it's not easy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only it is....its hard to build a good 2nd team in an organization. Just look at your last sentence. " get real good on the 2nd team and get moved up the following year" well now there is a void to be filled to stay competitive. And in all likelihood you aren't losing a backup lsm. So now you need to replace an "A" caliber player with the tryouts not helping because they are so late. That Igloo 2nd team has some boys that could have played on other clubs "A" teams this year but the parents and kids chose to stay.Add to that the fact that those parents were ridiculed and were told they were crazy for keeping their kids on a "B" team. So who knows how the rest of the season will go for those kids but no matter what , one thing is for sure..it's not easy

Interesting., thanks for the insight. Because there is parents on clubs that wouldn't never consider that path. And I won't just say parents, it takes the club to guide this as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting., thanks for the insight. Because there is parents on clubs that wouldn't never consider that path. And I won't just say parents, it takes the club to guide this as well.

The other part of what you are saying is very true. Your kid needs to play. So many kids are already pigeon holed into a position . Some of the middies on that team (3-4? maybe) are big , strong and fast. Can you imagine how many times those boys/ parents have been told they should put a long stick in their hands...because their stick skills aren't good enough at 7th grade! "they can play on an "A' team as an LSM, defensive middie or close D" they are told. If your kid is lucky enough to find themselves in a situation where they can play a bunch while being able to work parts on the weaker parts of their game...keep them there. No college is looking at your kid next year or the year after anymore. Have them play and develop . No reason to sit the bench on an "A" team just to say you are on one. And if your kid is an athlete don't let them get put in a spot they don't want to play at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would take playing time on a B team over sitting on A any day of the week. How else does your son get better?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Parents or Ex parents always want to bashed the Outlaws or any other club they play or played for " Does this make sense?

No. Incomplete thought.

OK I will break it down for you. The poster is obviously a parent whose child once played for the Outlaws! The parent is bitter that PB did not pick his or her child to play for the Outlaws again thus bringing the EX into the equation! Bottom line is simple Outlaws are a good team but not a great team. Express has their number and so does Igloo even though it was a close game ! They are NOT a B team they are probably a A- team but certainly not a AA team, they have too many weaknesses!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"Parents or Ex parents always want to bashed the Outlaws or any other club they play or played for " Does this make sense?

No. Incomplete thought.

OK I will break it down for you. The poster is obviously a parent whose child once played for the Outlaws! The parent is bitter that PB did not pick his or her child to play for the Outlaws again thus bringing the EX into the equation! Bottom line is simple Outlaws are a good team but not a great team. Express has their number and so does Igloo even though it was a close game ! They are NOT a B team they are probably a A- team but certainly not a AA team, they have too many weaknesses![/quote

Since your the youth lacrosse expert please list these weaknesses !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the outlaws think they can hang with igloo becouse they lost by one goal think again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the outlaws think they can hang with igloo becouse they lost by one goal think again

You mean Igloo A right? That's the first time the B team ever beat them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stupid outlaw parent trying to get people to say, Outlaws has beaten igloo X times in the past...who cares, igloo and express are the two best teams, both AA. Igloo, outlaws and others are B teams, call them A- if it makes you feel better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's nice being Igloo B, no pressure, just come to play and have fun! Plain and simple, just have fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the way it should be. Wish my son played for Igloo B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the way it should be. Wish my son played for Igloo B

Same here...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for igloo b. Great kids and parents who are committed to staying together. The hard work shows. Last year started as a new team. Several jesters kids. Played mostly b last year. This year decided to only play a brackets no matter what. This past week the boys learned that they can play with the top teams. They might not win a lot of championships but they are not hiding and will only get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh god what's makes igloo B so attractive they are a B they went 0 6 at the world series qualifier. It was the fist time they beat outlaws and lost to lagecy. They ate a true B team and I am sure there are un happy people there too like all teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coming from Express > those boys work and play hard. They can compete with the best teams. Respect

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo is a B TEAM sorry when they beat 91 IGLOO AA and Express then they are A team who have they beat that was good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played you guys twice on Saturday. Express parents were very nice on the sidelines. It was a good day for all the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh god what's makes igloo B so attractive they are a B they went 0 6 at the world series qualifier. It was the fist time they beat outlaws and lost to lagecy. They ate a true B team and I am sure there are un happy people there too like all teams

What you fail to realize is that at the World Series qualifier other organizations (not all but most) were able to and did bring in kids from their 2021 teams that were age eligible to play for their teams that made them better. Not only did Igloo B not have the luxury to do that...they lost arguably their best midfielder to the other Igloo team for that tournament! They have some really good players but they are not deep . The cards were stacked against them in that qualifier and they knew it going in and still showed up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its funny how everyone is talking, express, leg-a-cy, igloo and outlaws. Where the [lacrosse] is 9d1? how is it that they dropped out of two events in the last month and no one mentions anything. Something is definitely wrong over by those guys but no one is talking. The whole thing just seems strange that June is a week away and they have played in ONE TOURNAMENT this season with a couple of scrimmages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played you guys twice on Saturday. Express parents were very nice on the sidelines. It was a good day for all the boys.

they are a b team and kids will move around next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo is a B TEAM sorry when they beat 91 AA IGLOO and Express then they are A team who have they beat that was good

They just split two games with Express Channy on Sunday (won 3-2 and lost 6-3). They haven't played the other Igloo team yet. 91 AA either didn't bother to sign up for the Blatant this past weekend or backed out. They beat Outlaws and lost to LegUhC. LegUhC beat them twice this year, 6-5 in October and 5-4 on Sunday. Not too shabby for a team that didn't exist until September 2015 and that is the second 2022 team of an organization.

So, by process of elimination, you are either a 91AA or 91A parent who is pissed at losing your perch on top of the 2022 heap (which sounds REALLY pathetic as you read it), a LegUhC parent who after going 1-2 on Sunday is angry that someone suggested that Igloo's second team might be able to compete in tournaments with A-level competition when for some reason people on this message board don't say the same about your team (which you probably shouldn't care about), or a parent from another team who desperately wants to be included in this ridiculous discussion. Either way, I'm sure the Igloo Aspen players, coaches and parents don't really care whether YOU think they are an A team or a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo is a B TEAM sorry when they beat 91 AA IGLOO and Express then they are A team who have they beat that was good

They just split two games with Express Channy on Sunday (won 3-2 and lost 6-3). They haven't played the other Igloo team yet. 91 AA either didn't bother to sign up for the Blatant this past weekend or backed out. They beat Outlaws and lost to LegUhC. LegUhC beat them twice this year, 6-5 in October and 5-4 on Sunday. Not too shabby for a team that didn't exist until September 2015 and that is the second 2022 team of an organization.

So, by process of elimination, you are either a 91AA or 91A parent who is pissed at losing your perch on top of the 2022 heap (which sounds REALLY pathetic as you read it), a LegUhC parent who after going 1-2 on Sunday is angry that someone suggested that Igloo's second team might be able to compete in tournaments with A-level competition when for some reason people on this message board don't say the same about your team (which you probably shouldn't care about), or a parent from another team who desperately wants to be included in this ridiculous discussion. Either way, I'm sure the Igloo Aspen players, coaches and parents don't really care whether YOU think they are an A team or a B team.

Outlaw parent here... This past weekend had some nice lacrosse... all teams had trouble scoring - but I would not call Igloo Aspen Extreme - a B Team... They are strong and have some big powerful players... they can hang with any team in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaw parent here... This past weekend had some nice lacrosse... all teams had trouble scoring - but I would not call Igloo Aspen Extreme - a B Team... They are strong and have some big powerful players... they can hang with any team in this age group.

Stop it... Outlaw parent. A true outlaw parent wouldnt identify themselves as an outlaw parent. Just speaking the truth. Same goes for any club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop it... Outlaw parent. A true outlaw parent wouldn't identify themselves as an outlaw parent. Just speaking the truth. Same goes for any club.

What do you have against the Igloo B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo is a B TEAM sorry when they beat 91 IGLOO AA and Express then they are A team who have they beat that was good

They beat express moron. That's what they are the topic of this conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anything came out of all this, at least Igloo B elieve made some noise in the travel circuit!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IGLOO Aspen are definitely A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo tryouts are coming up in July, hope to see more boys this time since this year is much earlier!!! Good luck all for the rest of your summer tournaments all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo aspen extreme are more of an A team then the outlaws for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo aspen extreme are more of an A team then the outlaws for sure.

Oulawas parent trying to get something going again, nothing doing guy...both are B+ teams, difference is Igloo is fine with that and Outlaws can't accept it. outlaws so much wanted to be grouped with igloo A, express etc. sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if LI went to an age based system who would be the top team at this age. Express- no way 1/4 of their team would be playing with 8th graders. Igloo, same deal. 91-same deal. Just wondering

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke's National shows up in Boston playing 2022 with a full team of 15 year olds. Lost to Express 6-5. Imagine if they showed up with 7th graders?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reality check: express is playing with quite a few holdbacks too. Don't deny it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke's National shows up in Boston playing 2022 with a full team of 15 year olds. Lost to Express 6-5. Imagine if they showed up with 7th graders?

Ha ha, Dukes Nationals...you still dragging your kid all over the country to play lacrosse? The middle school and travel isn't enough at this age? You say "he loves it, he asks me if he can play more" he would prefer to be at the beach, trust me. You say "he is with his friends from lacrosse". He would prefer to be with his friends from school face timing girls from his grade. Has nothing to do with the kids, just the dads...just saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if LI went to an age based system who would be the top team at this age. Express- no way 1/4 of their team would be playing with 8th graders. Igloo, same deal. 91-same deal. Just wondering

Misinformed, but keep telling yourself this if it makes you feel better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reality check: express is playing with quite a few holdbacks too. Don't deny it.

Not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what team will be good then at the WSYL because holdbacks can't play

Page 46 of 78 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard