BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,137
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 102 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
#11 on SYAG was a very good defender.

What's the criteria for "very good"? People didn't bring up the tall kid from the other team because his parents aren't on here telling everyone how good he is. But now you classless SYAG parents want to take shots at him? Typical. For the record, the team may have had a +20 goal differential, but they weren't on him. One person questioned your kids age and you say that another kid is also tall but he sucks so no one talks about it? Newsflash, his dad is very tall. Lots more growing to do. I had the displeasure of watching the game next to the SYAG kids dad. Guess what? The kid is probably about full height already. Let's compare them when they're in HS, shall we?

I am #11's mom and I'll tell you that my husband and I haven't been on here commenting because we've been working but I'll say this....our kid is a good kid, not just a good player, he's a good kid. Do you know how many grown men approach him at tournaments to interrogate him on his age, grade and where he lives? It's despicable! Ive had to personally intercept and save him from a stranger's verbal attack. He's 12! If your displeasure of watching the game next to my husband was because he was cheering on our son, too bad. If it was because you were the one that was trash talking him accusing him of being older and he finally had enough, and said something to your face instead of hiding on an anonymous forum, also too bad. To those that have complimented his efforts, thank you. He truly loves the game and his coaches. To everyone else, what he does this year and next year is none of your business really but you can see me at the next tournament if you feel the burning need to ask questions. My name is Lisa, leave him alone.

Lisa, you're great! that son of yours is lucky to have you as a mom.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the criteria for "very good"? People didn't bring up the tall kid from the other team because his parents aren't on here telling everyone how good he is. But now you classless SYAG parents want to take shots at him? Typical. For the record, the team may have had a +20 goal differential, but they weren't on him. One person questioned your kids age and you say that another kid is also tall but he sucks so no one talks about it? Newsflash, his dad is very tall. Lots more growing to do. I had the displeasure of watching the game next to the SYAG kids dad. Guess what? The kid is probably about full height already. Let's compare them when they're in HS, shall we?

I am #11's mom and I'll tell you that my husband and I haven't been on here commenting because we've been working but I'll say this....our kid is a good kid, not just a good player, he's a good kid. Do you know how many grown men approach him at tournaments to interrogate him on his age, grade and where he lives? It's despicable! Ive had to personally intercept and save him from a stranger's verbal attack. He's 12! If your displeasure of watching the game next to my husband was because he was cheering on our son, too bad. If it was because you were the one that was trash talking him accusing him of being older and he finally had enough, and said something to your face instead of hiding on an anonymous forum, also too bad. To those that have complimented his efforts, thank you. He truly loves the game and his coaches. To everyone else, what he does this year and next year is none of your business really but you can see me at the next tournament if you feel the burning need to ask questions. My name is Lisa, leave him alone.

Get over it, and yourself, "Lisa". I don't even know which kid you're all taking about because there was a bunch of big defenders there. They stood out because they were tall. If he's 11 or 12, whoopidy doo! The fact is most tall kids are holdbacks so deal with it. If they're not, they went through puberty extremely early and have done most of their growing. Either way, If you think his life is in danger because of all of the grown men accosting him at tournaments, try putting him in cheerleading. I'm sure he'd make a great base.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG is a quality team with a good coach. The Igloo brand enables the team to recruit top talent, the fact that SYAG is in the conversation is impressive. They are getting better every year, I am not sure why this is a negative. It was a good showing by SYAG, they still have work to do, but a solid showing. Not a SYAG person, but an onlooker who is impressed with an unbranded very competitive team striving to get better every day.

Let's be completely honest, SYAG is only in the conversation because they just played against them. Otherwise, there would be no conversation. Any team can go out and lose to a team twice. The first game was close, but Igloo was always in control. They just slowed the pace down. 9-3 is not a close game or a good showing. You won't see SYAG again until a fall tournament because the travel season starts in 2 weeks and those kids will all be playing for their real teams.

Its a much better showing than the 2 "real" travel teams had. Lets all get on here and talk about Syag to deflect from the fact the other 2 teams were horrendous. Maybe a little more practice and less botc stalking last week would have done you all some good. Most boring games I have ever seen in travel A bracket.

Hey SYAG guy, your kid plays for Empire. What would you know about A brackets? Are you guys playing on LI this year? Or just Westchester and Rhode Island? Maybe a quick trip to beat up some Jersey teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lisa, you're great! that son of yours is lucky to have you as a mom.

#laxmomsunite #dontdareFwithourkids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's clarify for those of you who can't read or are too dense to understand.. nobody bashed anybody's kid . Someone ,an igloo parent, stated that Syag had a defenseman who was probably 13 based on his size. Because igloo struggled with Syag in the first game and early on in the second game that parent is looking for something to bash or justify why igloo didn't win either game by double digits as usual. If the tornadoes would have done the same thing to igloo there would have been issues with how old their tall defenseman is. But the tornadoes got blown out so no one mentions that kids size or questions his age

I completely disagree. Igloo parents would not be on here bashing anyone (they have class from what we all saw this weekend). The only people that would spend this much time bashing Igloo or Syag are the other 2 teams who put up no competition this weekend. The bitter parents from the weekend. Certainly not Igloo and quite frankly I don't even think it's Syag. Igloo won and Syag played great games against a top team, what's to be mad about from either of their teams? nothing. It's the ones who were going on for dayyyssssss last week how well they were going to do and SHOCK everyone, etc and failed to show up when it mattered. They took the day off yesterday to sulk and came on here today ready to go. Get a life.

I was thinking same thing. Why would SYAG or Igloo be causing all this drama? SYAG played tough, had a great showing and never gave up. Igloo played the same slow drawn out game they always do also. Example: 6 goal Differential against the Outlaws proves that. SYAG is non affiliated and beat up on two A programs. Directors are losing money or coaches afraid of their meal ticket so post on BOC. Better get rid all the coaches on both of those teams. If not SYAGs tryouts maybe larger then both of yours combined. Too many parents are tired of paying money for NO RETURN.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG is a quality team with a good coach. The Igloo brand enables the team to recruit top talent, the fact that SYAG is in the conversation is impressive. They are getting better every year, I am not sure why this is a negative. It was a good showing by SYAG, they still have work to do, but a solid showing. Not a SYAG person, but an onlooker who is impressed with an unbranded very competitive team striving to get better every day.

Let's be completely honest, SYAG is only in the conversation because they just played against them. Otherwise, there would be no conversation. Any team can go out and lose to a team twice. The first game was close, but Igloo was always in control. They just slowed the pace down. 9-3 is not a close game or a good showing. You won't see SYAG again until a fall tournament because the travel season starts in 2 weeks and those kids will all be playing for their real teams.

Its a much better showing than the 2 "real" travel teams had. Lets all get on here and talk about Syag to deflect from the fact the other 2 teams were horrendous. Maybe a little more practice and less botc stalking last week would have done you all some good. Most boring games I have ever seen in travel A bracket.

Hey SYAG guy, your kid plays for Empire. What would you know about A brackets? Are you guys playing on LI this year? Or just Westchester and Rhode Island? Maybe a quick trip to beat up some Jersey teams?

not sure what your rant above is about, but I am not "syag guy" and my kid don't play on empire. you might want to settle down there fella.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over it, and yourself, "Lisa". I don't even know which kid you're all taking about because there was a bunch of big defenders there. They stood out because they were tall. If he's 11 or 12, whoopidy doo! The fact is most tall kids are holdbacks so deal with it. If they're not, they went through puberty extremely early and have done most of their growing. Either way, If you think his life is in danger because of all of the grown men accosting him at tournaments, try putting him in cheerleading. I'm sure he'd make a great base.

I didn't see anyone say his life was in danger. Do YOU think that's appropriate behavior for a grown man to approach a 12 year old? You prob do, you're prob one of them. Go somewhere else to talk about when boys reach puberty and who makes a great base. I'm sure you know know all about that. This is a lax forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's clarify for those of you who can't read or are too dense to understand.. nobody bashed anybody's kid . Someone ,an igloo parent, stated that Syag had a defenseman who was probably 13 based on his size. Because igloo struggled with Syag in the first game and early on in the second game that parent is looking for something to bash or justify why igloo didn't win either game by double digits as usual. If the tornadoes would have done the same thing to igloo there would have been issues with how old their tall defenseman is. But the tornadoes got blown out so no one mentions that kids size or questions his age

I completely disagree. Igloo parents would not be on here bashing anyone (they have class from what we all saw this weekend). The only people that would spend this much time bashing Igloo or Syag are the other 2 teams who put up no competition this weekend. The bitter parents from the weekend. Certainly not Igloo and quite frankly I don't even think it's Syag. Igloo won and Syag played great games against a top team, what's to be mad about from either of their teams? nothing. It's the ones who were going on for dayyyssssss last week how well they were going to do and SHOCK everyone, etc and failed to show up when it mattered. They took the day off yesterday to sulk and came on here today ready to go. Get a life.

I was thinking same thing. Why would SYAG or Igloo be causing all this drama? SYAG played tough, had a great showing and never gave up. Igloo played the same slow drawn out game they always do also. Example: 6 goal Differential against the Outlaws proves that. SYAG is non affiliated and beat up on two A programs. Directors are losing money or coaches afraid of their meal ticket so post on BOC. Better get rid all the coaches on both of those teams. If not SYAGs tryouts maybe larger then both of yours combined. Too many parents are tired of paying money for NO RETURN.

Mic drop...may need to revamp the business models - paying $3K for mediocrity would [lacrosse] anyone off...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If my grandmother had balls she'd be my grandfather....really? bottom line - no one talks about anything or anyone irrelevant - hence the non-mention of the Tornado D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't see anyone say his life was in danger. Do YOU think that's appropriate behavior for a grown man to approach a 12 year old? You prob do, you're prob one of them. Go somewhere else to talk about when boys reach puberty and who makes a great base. I'm sure you know know all about that. This is a lax forum.

Sorry "Lisa". I'm sure because he's so big he wouldn't be once danger, right? You're out of your mind. Sorry if I failed you notice your huge "stud" defenseman. Don't take it personally. I was probably focused on my sons team beating yours with ease or looking for my ear plugs to drown out the noise from your trashy parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not sure what your rant above is about, but I am not "syag guy" and my kid don't play on empire. you might want to settle down there fella.

"My kid don't play on Empire"? Really? Sorry, I need a SYAG to English dictionary. Do you mean your kid doesn't play for Empire?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If my grandmother had balls she'd be my grandfather....really? bottom line - no one talks about anything or anyone irrelevant - hence the non-mention of the Tornado D

Because he is 12 and his dad is 6"7. Every knows him except for you dumba$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"My kid don't play on Empire"? Really? Sorry, I need a SYAG to English dictionary. Do you mean your kid doesn't play for Empire?

Apparently you are little slow. Not from syag, my son does not play for empire and my original post was simply in response to your ridiculous rant. Whoever it is you have an issue with Im sure is flattered you pay this much attention to him. You might want to direct that attention to your own kid so he can hang with the big boys at these tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry "Lisa". I'm sure because he's so big he wouldn't be once danger, right? You're out of your mind. Sorry if I failed you notice your huge "stud" defenseman. Don't take it personally. I was probably focused on my sons team beating yours with ease or looking for my ear plugs to drown out the noise from your trashy parents.

Wow looks like you've been at this all day. First you attack some kid and now his mom. You should be proud. You're making a good name for your team. They'll be proud too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know who posted the Igloo is the best team ever comment, but it was not a Igloo parent. We just don't talk like this, and other clubs stir the pot by posting comments like this. Its sad. The tournament was good, the teams where good, the coaching for all the teams was professional. And lets leave it at that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mic drop...may need to revamp the business models - paying $3K for mediocrity would [lacrosse] anyone off...

You are all taking crap because I don't think any other team was bragging on how great they were going to be on this forum last week. Some people said we would all be surprised by SYAG and they had a really good showing. Don't put other programs down in order to make a point. I was a respectable showing and some teams played as expected and others didn't but you don't hear the other teams whining they didn't do as well. They lost and I am sure they will re-group to figure out what went wrong. All in all, even the teams that lost put up a decent battle. Everyone should be celebrating the fact there is parity amongst the club teams. Some are clearly better but there were minimal blowouts e.g. 15-1, 13-2 scores this weekend. Every team will get better and all parents should be proud of their kids. They are far better at this age then we were.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know who posted the Igloo is the best team ever comment, but it was not a Igloo parent. We just don't talk like this, and other clubs stir the pot by posting comments like this. Its sad. The tournament was good, the teams where good, the coaching for all the teams was professional. And lets leave it at that...

BRAVO. I couldn't agree more. Enough of the kids, for one reason or another, have played on a couple of these teams by this age and they know one another pretty well. If they knew about BOTC and what some of the parents post on this site they would be embarrassed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BRAVO. I couldn't agree more. Enough of the kids, for one reason or another, have played on a couple of these teams by this age and they know one another pretty well. If they knew about BOTC and what some of the parents post on this site they would be embarrassed.

YES!!!!! I am grateful my son has no idea this forum exists to see a bunch of whining parents complain and ridicule other kids, and MOM's!!!! My son had a great time this weekend and that's all that matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with you. I am a SYAG parent and it was refreshing to watch both those games this weekend on the sidelines with other parents not talking trash about kids. Some even cheering on our players, saved goals, etc. For some reason that is frowned upon, so thank you all for keeping it classy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAC complaining about cheap shots!!!!! Classic. I never saw a bunch of dirtier 12 yrs old anywhere. Slashing kids when the ref wasn't looking. Talking trash to the opposing players. Keep it up SYAC. Karma is a biatch.

Sounds like the Cold Spring Harbour PAL team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAC complaining about cheap shots!!!!! Classic. I never saw a bunch of dirtier 12 yrs old anywhere. Slashing kids when the ref wasn't looking. Talking trash to the opposing players. Keep it up SYAC. Karma is a biatch.

Sounds like the Cold Spring Harbour PAL team.

The CSH PAL team is mostly just the Igloo kids who ball hog the whole time. So I'm not sure the post was referring to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express absolutely destroyed 91 Warriors Saturday morning. So much for narrowing the gap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy clown! Express parent here. Two evenly matched teams trying to get kids better.
You pathetic crap stirrers need to go have a catch with your son.

Everyone posing as parents from a team trying to start trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy clown! Express parent here. Two evenly matched teams trying to get kids better.
You pathetic crap stirrers need to go have a catch with your son.

Everyone posing as parents from a team trying to start trouble.

Yes! That's exactly what happens on here! Out of control!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So warriors and expeeess honey badgers are now evenly matched?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lisa, people talk a lot of trash on this site, so happens you got suckered in. How does what someone say effect your families life? Most likely none. But whatever you have going on inside yourself is at question, it has nothing to do with your kid. You best get over it, it seems as though youth lacrosse has taken hold of your entire family, along with the bad rep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the tournaments this weekend? Any good match ups?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lisa, people talk a lot of trash on this site, so happens you got suckered in. How does what someone say effect your families life? Most likely none. But whatever you have going on inside yourself is at question, it has nothing to do with your kid. You best get over it, it seems as though youth lacrosse has taken hold of your entire family, along with the bad rep.

Now there's psychological advice on this site! What she has going on inside herself? Really? You obviously didn't go back far enough to know what happened and it was agreed to let it all go, so let's do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, breaking news..... two B teams are similar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking the Bandits out of the equation, any top team can beat any top team any day. If you care to label as A or B then that's up to you.

Bandits - Class of their own

Express HB
Igloo
91 Warriors
S2S

Outlaws
Legacy
Empire
True Blue

All others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what ' A ' team does your little Johnny play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheap shots in lacrosse by syag players? Wow they didn't have they mean streak during football season. Hmm. ..interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many other people think this is from one of the other SYAG parents? Seems to know her a little too well, don't you think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact is that 2023 is a very strong age group. If you look at the classes a few years up and a few years down, you'll see that there are very few high quality teams. Our age group has a bunch. Are the Bandits still the best? Yes. But they are not blowing teams as they once did. Igloo beat them last year, Express lost by a goal. It's great to see. All of our kids are getting better because of the high level of competition they're playing against. Also, it seems like teams are more willing to scrimmage one another this season, which is awesome. No one is worried about who's better than whom, but focused more on improving as a whole.

So whether your son plays for the Bandits, Igloo, Warriors, Express or S2S (Outlaws, Empire, Tornadoes, as well) it doesn't really matter. No one is recruiting them for another 4 or 5 years. By then, the boys will have hit puberty and the best players will rise to the top. People should focus less on trying desperately to move to a new and (in their eyes) better team. Let the boys develop relationships with their teammates instead of jumping to an whole new team just because the parents are embarrassed because of a loss or two.

Just enjoy the ride and let your son have some fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a moron.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking the Bandits out of the equation, any top team can beat any top team any day. If you care to label as A or B then that's up to you.

Express HB
Igloo
91 Warriors
S2S

Outlaws
Legacy
Empire
True Blue

All others

The Titans

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express HB
Igloo
91 Warriors
S2S

Outlaws
Legacy
Empire
True Blue

All others

I would put Recon in that 2nd group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HA Ha - What a Clown; "Bandits in a class of their own" . How did you come up with that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact is that 2023 is a very strong age group. If you look at the classes a few years up and a few years down, you'll see that there are very few high quality teams. Our age group has a bunch. Are the Bandits still the best? Yes. But they are not blowing teams as they once did. Igloo beat them last year, Express lost by a goal. It's great to see. All of our kids are getting better because of the high level of competition they're playing against. Also, it seems like teams are more willing to scrimmage one another this season, which is awesome. No one is worried about who's better than whom, but focused more on improving as a whole.

So whether your son plays for the Bandits, Igloo, Warriors, Express or S2S (Outlaws, Empire, Tornadoes, as well) it doesn't really matter. No one is recruiting them for another 4 or 5 years. By then, the boys will have hit puberty and the best players will rise to the top. People should focus less on trying desperately to move to a new and (in their eyes) better team. Let the boys develop relationships with their teammates instead of jumping to an whole new team just because the parents are embarrassed because of a loss or two.

Just enjoy the ride and let your son have some fun!

Bravo. Some excellent observations and no truer words have been spoken for some time on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express HB
Igloo
91 Warriors
S2S

Outlaws
Legacy
Empire
True Blue

All others

You are a loser. These are 12 year old kids and several people have already explained there is a good deal of parity in the grade. Teams that, in the past, were not considered as good are getting better and other teams who are good are remaining that way. One game or tournament shouldn't make or break a team and their potential nor should it categorize them. Wait until the season is over to make your dumba$$ comments. At least then you will have something to stand/quiver behind. As another person said, these boys will not be recruited for several years so let them play and get better. Because you are such a loser you seem to take pride in a team being better than another. I get it if you are cheering for a professional team but this is youth lacrosse. I will also bet your kid is on one of the better teams you outlined above but doesn't get a lot of playing time. I know this because, if he did, you would have more class then to stir the pop as you do (probably all the time). Go back to looking like you are working so that your boss doesn't have to give you another warning and fire your a$$

Page 65 of 102 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard