BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 264 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about the guy who is a teacher , asst. football coach, and head coach varsity lax ?
then overseas summer program where kids have to stay in program....
teach 2 classes of basic social studies a day.
add up the money...look it up , its actually public accessible information. look at your school district web site and budget. pays much better than virtually any college job except a few.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great game between Smithtown East and Connetquot. One again C-quot coaching suspect. C-quot should be good next year, returning a lot of seniors but will depend on defense. They give up a lot of goals. East Vs. West should be great match up!

'Quot is done, will not be good next year because this Coach can not develop the talent he has. His team is stagnant because his abilities are stagnant and because he is dividing his time and attention between his team and his side business.

Varsity High School coaching jobs are not full time, THEY are the side business, not whatever he does for a living full time. Pay the man $100k and you'll get full time.

I hate this type of comment, do you get paid, then do your job. Your job at its best. You don't like the $$ then leave don't half [lacrosse] it. Sure you get what you pay for but do your job!

You should look at the context. The comment was made in response to a poster writing that the team isn't performing because the coach is dividing his time with a side business. The man has to make a living.

Ok let's be clear, he has his regular job that pays his salary and the HS coaching job that gets him extra and then he has his club lacrosse organization (job 3) to fully cash in. Maybe his HS kids should get a little more attention.

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for with HS coaches, which is anywhere from bare minimum for the money paid to those that invest much more of their time than the pay warrants. And that last part is key - the coaches in the latter group are putting in more than they are getting back. If you look at it truly from a monetary aspect, the HS teaching is job 1, the club is job 2, and the HS coaching is job 3, and under that POV, the time spent will be proportionate to each in that order. This is never going to change so long as schools look to fill their coaching ranks primarily with in-school teachers, then outside-school teachers, and then non-teachers.[b][/b]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picks for tomorrow's Nassau semis @ Hostra?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what about today's games...

Port vs pequ Looking good 1st qtr over 1-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port v Pequa 4 v 4 2 mins to half

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Halftime 5-4 pequa. Last second goal before half (great move by attack took on a few defenders) just squeaked one in, thought it was saved but trinkled in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Islip wins Suffolk B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just toying with Port for the first half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here we go Pequa, doubling up Port 8-4. Port Attk has got to calm down. caused turnover, uncaused and now a delay of game. Wheels falling off the bus for Port

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about the guy who is a teacher , asst. football coach, and head coach varsity lax ?
add up the money...look it up , its actually public accessible information. look at your school district web site and budget. pays much better than virtually any college job except a few.

Teacher
asst coach
head coach
summer program director

that's at least 4 jobs, most college head coaches only have 1 job. I would hope it pays better, this person works much harder.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

players do no have to be in the summer program, it is so obvious who the coach you are referring to. @$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not toying, but did come out ahead in the second half

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we stop, teaching is a part time job, especially when it's HS and even more so in the good lacrosse districts that don't pose some of the "risks" that other, less financially sound, districts can offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tail of two halfs. toying? could have been down 4-2 going into half

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

players do no have to be in the summer program, it is so obvious who the coach you are referring to. @$$

I am not saying who I am talking about but he has a construction company, puts his name on buildings, hosted a reality show and is now president.... just making a generic comment about "somebody"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teacher
asst coach
head coach
summer program director

that's at least 4 jobs, most college head coaches only have 1 job. I would hope it pays better, this person works much harder.

That has to be a joke as a reply, right? Works harder? Don't make me laugh!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa by a lot. was there ever a doubt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blowout. In the words of Warner Wolf, if you had Port and ten goals, "You Lose!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, at the end of the 1st half....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4-4 with 4 seconds left in the half and then....boooommmmmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4-4 with 4 seconds left in the half and then....boooommmmmmmm

Port was out coached. Massapequa was too smart for them. Saw what needed to be done and made the changes at half. Tale of 2 halves for Port. 1 good 1 nonexistent. Didn't score a goal in 2nd half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sad because only an adult would know who Warner Wolf is. Congrats on the win very good team to much for Port ( yes my son's team ) . Be humble it's much more becoming. Good luck the rest of they way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Some of the funniest stuff I've read with regards to the SJB coach. Obviously disgruntled parents. Anyone who has paid attention knows he's the only one that coaches the team. The HC is checked out. The future is not bright because there are no players. I'd like to see Danowski play with no face off man, no lefty attackman, overmatched underclassmen on defense and juniors that are just not good. I have a big decision to make with my son who I'm glad played on JV. I thought the program was turning around but that's obviously not the case. I should have known when it took 2 weeks into the season to get a practice pinnie that there was something seriously wrong.

Looks like the D coach just chimed in. This program has been in decline for 3 years since you started coaching. anyone can see that. You are really sad. pretending to be a parent while defending your self. You couldn't coach your way out of a paper bag!

Is the D coach for SJB the guy with the really bad hair piece?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sad because only an adult would know who Warner Wolf is. Congrats on the win very good team to much for Port ( yes my son's team ) . Be humble it's much more becoming. Good luck the rest of they way.

Don't need luck from you, we make our own luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did port have a shot on goal in second half? i saw some on MSG varsity, no shots in the 3rd. Pequa is a very good team, Port would have had to have played the game of their lives to win that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teacher
asst coach
head coach
summer program director

What about when a coach has one of the dad's (who is a contractor) build his house?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't need luck from you, we make our own luck.

Pompous [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teacher
asst coach
head coach
summer program director

What about when a coach has one of the dad's (who is a contractor) build his house?

Says the jealous guy with no proof whose kid is a bench warmer. Your boy is a pretty bad lacrosse player, bottom line, get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teacher
asst coach
head coach
summer program director

What about the coach who has one of his dad's (who works at a gas station) pump his gas, checks his oil AND cleans his windows every time......and of course his kid starts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Some of the funniest stuff I've read with regards to the SJB coach. Obviously disgruntled parents. Anyone who has paid attention knows he's the only one that coaches the team. The HC is checked out. The future is not bright because there are no players. I'd like to see Danowski play with no face off man, no lefty attackman, overmatched underclassmen on defense and juniors that are just not good. I have a big decision to make with my son who I'm glad played on JV. I thought the program was turning around but that's obviously not the case. I should have known when it took 2 weeks into the season to get a practice pinnie that there was something seriously wrong.

Looks like the D coach just chimed in. This program has been in decline for 3 years since you started coaching. anyone can see that. You are really sad. pretending to be a parent while defending your self. You couldn't coach your way out of a paper bag!

Is the D coach for SJB the guy with the really bad hair piece?

Yes he the very same. Worst person you could imagine spending time interacting with your Son. Totally favoring his son who is on the team. complete double standard. All the top kids get screamed at for every little mistake and crickets when Son makes, mistake after mistake. Even the other coach's had issues with him. Should not be allowed and the administration sat by and watched with no action.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad why? Do you think this site is geared towards kids???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS coaches do NOT get paid a lot of money for coaching a team. Assistant coaches get paid less, but work the same number of hours.

The good ones put in countless hours of uncompensated time to make their teams better and athletes better Young adults.

IMHO all you Self centered whiners on this blog who have over inflated opinions of their kids would do a greater service to their child if they told them to put their big boy/girl/? pants on and work on their game and attitude and stop looking for excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, any games played yesterday?? It is playoff season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS coaches do NOT get paid a lot of money for coaching a team. Assistant coaches get paid less, but work the same number of hours.

The good ones put in countless hours of uncompensated time to make their teams better and athletes better Young adults.

IMHO all you Self centered whiners on this blog who have over inflated opinions of their kids would do a greater service to their child if they told them to put their big boy/girl/? pants on and work on their game and attitude and stop looking for excuses.

AMEN TO THAT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, any games played yesterday?? It is playoff season.

Yes - Pequa, Set, and CSH all won. Next Q??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN TO THAT!

"The good ones put in countless hours of uncompensated time to make their teams better and athletes better Young adults" is 100% correct!

But there are plenty who do the minimum and even when they are presented with the gift of a talented roster, hold the kids back because they are greedy or too busy, not skilled coaches or they are lazy. One example above is the 'Quot coach who is not a very good coach and is doing paid work and is running a private program so his teams never really have a shot. So with him, even if they could be VERY good they don't get beyond his limitations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets go to the video tape!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you had the Knicks getting 40 - guess what?...........you lost!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN TO THAT!

"The good ones put in countless hours of uncompensated time to make their teams better and athletes better Young adults" is 100% correct!

But there are plenty who do the minimum and even when they are presented with the gift of a talented roster, hold the kids back because they are greedy or too busy, not skilled coaches or they are lazy. One example above is the 'Quot coach who is not a very good coach and is doing paid work and is running a private program so his teams never really have a shot. So with him, even if they could be VERY good they don't get beyond his limitations.

Yup, not the lack of talent, or lack of heart from the players, gotta be the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are we now Sayville Lacrosse? We've had two years to assess the removal of Coach Doller, is the program better or worse?

Ok. And let's move on just as Coach Doller has. The whole thing was wrong from the beginning. This had nothing to to do with "coaching" it had very little to do with parents or players. You would be hard pressed to find a handful of families to complain about Coach from his HS teams over the past 15+ years.

Last season the district took away varsity assistants across the board. The varsity assistant position was in the middle of a coaching change, well after the loss of the paid position the varsity coach could not find anyone. Coach Doller coached the varsity team by himself to the county championship. Nobody talks about that. He never said a word about it or complained, guess he just coached his a$$ off.
In January before the season started the AD told Coach D that there would be no JV assistant either. It was never mentioned before this nor is it listed in the districts budget cuts. The superintendent stood his ground while knowing that the had made a mistake or they never told him bc they DID NOT take the JV Football assistant away. Coach D let his parents know what the district had done, they went to the boe meeting with valid points and the JV assistant was reinstated. That evening behind closed doors coach D was fired for telling the parents to go to a boe meeting to fight for the lacrosse program. Not one of the BOE members is connected to lacrosse nor does any of their kids play? Its no secret that sayville is still a big football town, every member of the boe is connected to the football program and they have never supported the lacrosse program, it's a shame. At the end of the lax season Coach Doller was given a letter saying he would not be reinstated for the 2016 season. That's it. There was some backing by the quarterbacks dad bc he is very friendly with kohlar on the board. I think it was over the fact that he didn't receive all the awards he wanted at the end of the season?
Coach D worked with the Boe and superintendent all summer to try and resolve the situation. No dice

The boe is so small minded, short sighted and insecure. Why couldn't they admit their wrongs and work it out? Or point out ways Coach could improve his relationship with the boe? So who losses? Our kids and the sayville lacrosse program and I would guess Coach D, as I know he was not ready to hang it up.

I've watched and experience the lax program in our town grow and mature into something everyone involved could be proud of, It just got sent back 10 years. The BOE, superintendent and AD sold be ashamed.
Just saw a post on FB that Coach Doller will be an assistant at Farmingdale college. Congrats Coach, I wish you all the best.

That could have been written by the captain of the Lithuanian bobsled team. Virtually every thing that was written is wrong. I'm not even exaggerating. That entire novel contained nothing but lies and opinions. Absolutely incredible. Well, not every thing was a lie. Coach Doller WAS the coach. That's true.

Not sure about the quaterback thing (just don't have any info there, but everything else is spot on) but every other word of the original statement is true. What wasn't mentioned is that Superintendent hasn't been a fan of Coach D for years and has been waiting for a situation to burn him. He got his chance minutes after the board just took another beating from the public from the lax parents that night in February, (might I add another black eye brought on by the Superintendent upon which he has made the board look stupid and weak several times in the last two years). The board was angry and Super immediately put coach d's firing to a vote immediately after this meeting. It was approved at this meeting. So this all was done in the same night of that meeting. The BOE has had so many black eyes and looked so flip-floppy weak they couldn't back down on this one, to the detriment of our kids. Time for Super to go. #FWS

The only embarrassment here is the Super. The community has nothing to be ashamed of. Coach D. is well on his way to much more lucrative pastures in his new partnerships, and will be better off financially ten-fold to what he lost on a silly coaching salary. He will still have a positive impact on our community, and help out young lacrosse players. It will just be on his terms and will cost more to be a part of his program.

Again.....you let the landscaper run the board etc. As far as a football town......cmon Please....you play in Suffolk Div 3 level. If you had to play some real football you would get smoked.

After two years I can honestly say we are MUCH worse off with Fleming. If anyone can argue that point, I am open to reading a contrary opinion. Regarding the landscaper? Talk about a selfish SOB, the old man got what he wanted and F$&#*@ our program for the LT..... Much thanks Miguel. Keep riding those lawnmowers

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 264 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard