BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 58 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cornell and Head Coach Kerwick parting ways. What does that mean for the commit's?

What about Milliman take over permanently

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for Cornell, All 17's commits will be honored, after that I'd consider yourself to be back in the general recruiting pool (which you were already anyway, you just knew that someone kind of wanted you). Back to the prospect days and showcases...

Say's who? Whomever is selected to fill the Head Coach position will evaluate current commits. Cornell's record has not been great as of late. Recruiting may have something to do with that. Put yourself in the incoming coaches seat. Would you automatically honor all current commits?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Ivies, the very competitive private schools (Duke...) and the very competitive public schools (UNC, UVa, Michigan...) can always use grades/test scores as the out. These schools are turning away thousands of well qualified applicants every year. If there is a coaching change and the new coach does not want a player, he can easily say that grades/board scores are not up to snuff as the reason not to honor a verbal. UNC for instance had over 40k applications for this year's incoming class. They take less than 5k and only 15% of the 5k are from out of state. They, like the rest of these schools, have an easy out if they want to use it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct, will evaluate and decide, meaning no commitment. No college coach can not dishonor a 17 commit, they are already accepted and have likely submitted their $$. Not sure about scholarships, but that is not in play in the Cornell case. '17's fine. younger its a new ballgame. Sorry to the early bloomers...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct, will evaluate and decide, meaning no commitment. No college coach can not dishonor a 17 commit, they are already accepted and have likely submitted their $$. Not sure about scholarships, but that is not in play in the Cornell case. '17's fine. younger its a new ballgame. Sorry to the early bloomers...

Nonsense, stop fear mongering. Just because your kid is not committed don't be a tool. My child is not old enough yet but I assure you the incoming coach will honor commits

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense, stop fear mongering. Just because your kid is not committed don't be a tool. My child is not old enough yet but I assure you the incoming coach will honor commits

It's not nonsense. Most of the time the incoming coach does but make no mistake it happens occasionally that they do not. Chances are your child will be finite, but a little concern is understandable. As far as Michigan goes, 2017 commits were by AD that all will go as planned for their year aside from the coaching Chayangkura.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not nonsense. Most of the time the incoming coach does but make no mistake it happens occasionally that they do not. Chances are your child will be finite, but a little concern is understandable. As far as Michigan goes, 2017 commits were by AD that all will go as planned for their year aside from the coaching Chayangkura.

So in very rare occasions, which no one here can specifically pinpoint a commitment was not honored. Great, hey they saw Bigfoot once too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the women's side at Michigan the AD called the 2018's before the coach was fired to let them know they still have a secure spot..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can absolutely give you an example. When Dartmouth made their coaching change they DE COMMITTED ALL BUT 3. Every player received a letter from the AD to set up a call. Some were told they were no longer going to honor the offer and some had to meet with new coach and then a decision was made. Brown not on that large a scale but they did not take everyone because the new coach was looking for a different type of player. Felt they needed more defense and last UVA. Not only did he de commit but he also cut players that were on the previous years roster. So no one is safe and to assume you are is dangerous unless you here it from the Coach or AD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
absolutely Hofstra recruits early, they are worst offenders in recruiting. 9th grade and they use high school team to bring other teams into the area so they can recruit under the radar. Ask most of their recruits how early Hofstra approached them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
absolutely Hofstra recruits early, they are worst offenders in recruiting. 9th grade and they use high school team to bring other teams into the area so they can recruit under the radar. Ask most of their recruits how early Hofstra approached them.

And the worst part is, the head coach is always the one quoted as putting down early recruiting and is regularly quoted stating how ridiculous it is to recruit a 9th grader. If that's your position fine, but don't be a hypocrite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can absolutely give you an example. When Dartmouth made their coaching change they DE COMMITTED ALL BUT 3. Every player received a letter from the AD to set up a call. Some were told they were no longer going to honor the offer and some had to meet with new coach and then a decision was made. Brown not on that large a scale but they did not take everyone because the new coach was looking for a different type of player. Felt they needed more defense and last UVA. Not only did he de commit but he also cut players that were on the previous years roster. So no one is safe and to assume you are is dangerous unless you here it from the Coach or AD

That DID NOT happen at Dartmouth. The coach did cut a bunch of players, but there were no rescinding of offers. That is an alternate fact. Not sure where you got that but not the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Great. Your 19, 20 and 21 sons are all fine. just sit back and relax and ring the new coaches to introduce yourself in 2-3 years and let him know you are coming and your ready to sign your letter of intent. Nothing to worry about at all, nothing has changed. Sorry to introduce an alternative possible reality for you to consider.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Great. Your 19, 20 and 21 sons are all fine. just sit back and relax and ring the new coaches to introduce yourself in 2-3 years and let him know you are coming and your ready to sign your letter of intent. Nothing to worry about at all, nothing has changed. Sorry to introduce an alternative possible reality for you to consider.

Huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the women's side at Michigan the AD called the 2018's before the coach was fired to let them know they still have a secure spot..

I doubt that happened as it would have been against the new rules for recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for Cornell, All 17's commits will be honored, after that I'd consider yourself to be back in the general recruiting pool (which you were already anyway, you just knew that someone kind of wanted you). Back to the prospect days and showcases...

Say's who? Whomever is selected to fill the Head Coach position will evaluate current commits. Cornell's record has not been great as of late. Recruiting may have something to do with that. Put yourself in the incoming coaches seat. Would you automatically honor all current commits?

2 schools of thought here.

1). Hasnt Milliman been the point on recruiting, if the coach doesnt take the kid is he is looking elsewhere.
2). Milliman is interim HC so he recruited you so you should know where or how you stand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt that happened as it would have been against the new rules for recruiting.

2018s are well past Sept 1st of their junior year, so coaches can contact them freely without violating the new rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected. It did not happen THAT WAY. Dartmouth AD told kids they can still come to school but can not guarantee a spot on the lacrosse team they would have to walk on unless they hear from Coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Names of these players or I don't believe a word of it. Otherwise a bunch of nonsense. What Brown kid got decommitted? UVA, never happened, making up tall tales. Falsehoods. Outright lying to make parents nervous if they happen to be on here, or to make yourself feel better if your child has not committed yet. Sorry dude, your story doesn't hold water.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dartmouth is not a good example of anything. The team is absolutely terrible. Who would even want to play lax there? Terrible facilities, losing record. If you have already gotten into the school, run for the hills, not like you have a scholarship to lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dartmouth is not a good example of anything. The team is absolutely terrible. Who would even want to play lax there? Terrible facilities, losing record. If you have already gotten into the school, run for the hills, not like you have a scholarship to lose.

You're right, that Ivy education should be discounted immediately! Go to insert name here instead, you'll win at lax, then when you're working for a few years and knock on the bosses door and he invites you in you can get a quick peek at his Dartmouth Degree on the wall! What a jackass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right, that Ivy education should be discounted immediately! Go to insert name here instead, you'll win at lax, then when you're working for a few years and knock on the bosses door and he invites you in you can get a quick peek at his Dartmouth Degree on the wall! What a jackass.

You're the Jackass, I said, if you are already admitted into the school, drop the lax like a bad habit, there is no scholarship to lose and they can't kick you out once you're already in. The school is good, although they are they armpit of the Ivies along with Cornell. At least Cornell Lax has some hope to be successful in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're the Jackass, I said, if you are already admitted into the school, drop the lax like a bad habit, there is no scholarship to lose and they can't kick you out once you're already in. The school is good, although they are they armpit of the Ivies along with Cornell. At least Cornell Lax has some hope to be successful in the future.

No you're the jacka$$, take your GED and go smoke some more weed loser. Typical dope with no degree beyond his NYC public school education dictating life by sports. IDIOT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess, your boss is an Ivy graduate from Cornell, the guy who owns the company is from Dartmouth, you................................. Online degree from Phoenix U!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahh what are you talking about??? They are juniors and can call, text, go out to dinner with the coaches if they want. Get up to speed on the rules not just the solo cup...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Armpit of the Ivies? Which still makes them better institutions than 99.9% of the non-Ivy league schools. You are an idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess, your boss is an Ivy graduate from Cornell, the guy who owns the company is from Dartmouth, you................................. Online degree from Phoenix U!

Let me guess.....you and/or your son did't get in to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, or Penn? Seems I hit a nerve. Like I said, good school, not in the same level as the other Ivies, athletically or academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess.....you and/or your son did't get in to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, or Penn? Seems I hit a nerve. Like I said, good school, not in the same level as the other Ivies, athletically or academically.

No U of Phoenix I didn't, also didn't get into any other ivy. Certainly don't have the gall to insult an ivy. Make sure the floors look good at the office, I want to see my reflection, and stop smoking weed before work, you stink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude who struck a nerve? You seem mighty offended!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No U of Phoenix I didn't, also didn't get into any other ivy. Certainly don't have the gall to insult an ivy. Make sure the floors look good at the office, I want to see my reflection, and stop smoking weed before work, you stink

Interesting tactic, hurling insults not having any clue about who I am, where I went to school, or where my son is going to school. Trust me, I'm not mopping floors, and I know the differences between the the top 50 schools. There is a huge drop off after the top 10. Not that other schools aren't good choices, but they are not at the same level. You know it too, which is why you are getting so mad. That being said, the best we can hope for is that our kids wind up at the place that is right for them. I have one at a big 10, and one at a top Ivy. My brother went to Cornell and I went SUNY, I make 2X his salary. It's what you make of your choices. But, getting back to the point, Dartmouth and Cornell are no Harvard or Yale. And Dartmouth has a terrible Lax program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that was a waste of 5 mins of my time catching up with this thread. Agree with the uncertainty for any verballed underclassman at a school that lost his coach...

Cornell is mess. That interim tab is real confidence inspiring thing for any prospective recruit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phoenix, you need to re read the posts, seems you threw out the insult to kids, me.....not so much. Maybe if you went to Dartmouth, that armpit of a school and not the online institution you did go to we wouldn't be going back and forth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahh what are you talking about??? They are juniors and can call, text, go out to dinner with the coaches if they want. Get up to speed on the rules not just the solo cup...

You arc corract , however a Coach or AD cannot initiate direct contact with a recruit until June after their junior year. That has been the rule for sometime now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Armpit of the Ivies? Which still makes them better institutions than 99.9% of the non-Ivy league schools. You are an idiot.

let's see your kid get in there without lax.... no shot you dope

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you just argued with yourself. The poster was complimenting Dartmouth and Cornell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i quoted the wrong dope OOPS !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still the Armpit, I'll take Yale thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you haven't visited Yale yet...that campus is the armpit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yale Bowl has some history and is a a must see if you are into stadiums.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yale Bowl has some history and is a a must see if you are into stadiums.

Great school, campus was kind of a disappointment, Yale bowl is a concrete piece of crap! Hofstra has a much nicer facility

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 58 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard