BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Re: Girls 2019 - 10th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bragging rights? Sounds like a waste of time. You're daughter tears an ACL then what? My daughter is a tad young, but no way I would allow my committed kid to get injured.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]With the change in college recruiting rules things may be different but in the past if you are from Long Island and made team 1 there will barely be any college coaches watching , about the same for team 2, team 3 a lot more . As far as politics go they are there every year at every tryout my daughter has attended . This year on Long Island it seemed particularly bad and will be interesting to see the rosters . You can usually see which kids got the special attention , if you see multiple kids from the same town on the top team and that town team is not a top level high school team you can rest assured the fix was in .

How is Westhampton ? They have four kids on Team 1 . Was the coach an evaluator?[/quote

Westhampton is okay at best ,would say average .Very doubtful they have 4 on the top team and I do not believe rosters have been posted anywhere so how would anyone know that. If they have more than 1 that would be too many. I was not at the tryouts and saw the WH coach and a teacher from the district who coaches elsewhere were evaluators.

Meant to say I was at tryouts but not really paying attention but did see them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely worth it! My daughter was a 2019 Uncommited last year and there was a ton of coaches there! A lot of dialogue started from it . She was committed in Sept.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bragging rights? Sounds like a waste of time. You're daughter tears an ACL then what? My daughter is a tad young, but no way I would allow my committed kid to get injured.

So your kid will not play another sport nor will she play with her high school team. Ask your kids future college coach if they still want her playing in the off season and I will bet you they say yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a ridiculous statement. So you mean to tell me you're going to keep your "2019" daughter in a bubble from now until college because she's committed? She could tear her ACL playing HS, travel, another sport, etc. It could happen in a variety of situations?and if it's going to happen it will, you can't stop her from being an athlete/teenager.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Bragging rights? Sounds like a waste of time. You're daughter tears an ACL then what? My daughter is a tad young, but no way I would allow my committed kid to get injured.

So your kid will not play another sport nor will she play with her high school team. Ask your kids future college coach if they still want her playing in the off season and I will bet you they say yes.
[/quote
Completely worth it! My daughter was a 2019 Uncommited last year and there was a ton of coaches there! A lot of dialogue started from it . She was committed in Sept.

What school? was that directly from school girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]With the change in college recruiting rules things may be different but in the past if you are from Long Island and made team 1 there will barely be any college coaches watching , about the same for team 2, team 3 a lot more . As far as politics go they are there every year at every tryout my daughter has attended . This year on Long Island it seemed particularly bad and will be interesting to see the rosters . You can usually see which kids got the special attention , if you see multiple kids from the same town on the top team and that town team is not a top level high school team you can rest assured the fix was in .

How is Westhampton ? They have four kids on Team 1 . Was the coach an evaluator?[/quote

Westhampton is okay at best ,would say average .Very doubtful they have 4 on the top team and I do not believe rosters have been posted anywhere so how would anyone know that. If they have more than 1 that would be too many. I was not at the tryouts and saw the WH coach and a teacher from the district who coaches elsewhere were evaluators.

Little fishy...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Little fishy...

Stop stirring the pot, they are a quality 6-7 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When the process started to heat up more after Schools girls and into the summer after the phone conversations began with Several schools most mentioned they saw her there. When I was walking around the venue I saw almost every major school represented . It was almost like a who's who of coaches . at some of our games I would see sometimes 10-20 coaches on the sidelines . It's not that expensive and well worth. In my opinion it was worth every penny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When the process started to heat up more after Schools girls and into the summer after the phone conversations began with Several schools most mentioned they saw her there. When I was walking around the venue I saw almost every major school represented . It was almost like a who's who of coaches . at some of our games I would see sometimes 10-20 coaches on the sidelines . It's not that expensive and well worth. In my opinion it was worth every penny.

What team was your daughter on?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ2 which worked out better because NJ 1 was almost all commits So coaches came to our games .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Little fishy...

Are you dense . They are in a division with 10 teams in which they are average . You say they are a 6-7 team ( whatever that means ). If you think they should have the most players on team 1 you are ignorant . The WH team is non competitive w the top teams . Everyone has figured out the politics and which coach should never be allowed again .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Little fishy...

Are you dense . They are in a division with 10 teams in which they are average . You say they are a 6-7 team ( whatever that means ). If you think they should have the most players on team 1 you are ignorant . The WH team is non competitive w the top teams . Everyone has figured out the politics and which coach should never be allowed again .

Uh... I didnt post that post but its not hard to figure out that the 6-7 team comment means 6 wins 7 losses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From our 1 time experience, daughter played on LI 3, caches were everywhere. Team 3 was filled with commits from Maryland, Fla, BC, Harvard and many other great schools. It was a great experience no parents yelling at the officials or their girls. Just good lax being played by talented girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does someone have a listing of the rosters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does someone have a listing of the rosters?

Yes for team 1 just go to the WHB regular season roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a post-mortem from school girls to answer the question about coaches being there. The answer was yes, a lot. Most of the top schools not named BC and Maryland were there. Gary Gait and his crew, both of Northwestern's assistants as examples. I would say most schools had at least one representative there. The fields at Yale were terrible, but the lax was competitive and definitely the coaches were there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a post-mortem from school girls to answer the question about coaches being there. The answer was yes, a lot. Most of the top schools not named BC and Maryland were there. Gary Gait and his crew, both of Northwestern's assistants as examples. I would say most schools had at least one representative there. The fields at Yale were terrible, but the lax was competitive and definitely the coaches were there.

agreed on the fields- terrible and a bit embarrassing I would think for the organizers. any thoughts on recruiting for these 2019's? my daughter is getting a bunch of emails from coaches (some with the unsubscribe button on the bottom and some not). I know other girls are getting the same thing. is the rule change going to drive cash to the college coaches and the summer camps??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed on the fields- terrible and a bit embarrassing I would think for the organizers. any thoughts on recruiting for these 2019's? my daughter is getting a bunch of emails from coaches (some with the unsubscribe button on the bottom and some not). I know other girls are getting the same thing. is the rule change going to drive cash to the college coaches and the summer camps??

Yes on driving cash to coaches through camps and clinics. My thoughts on 2019 recruits (take them for what they r which is one person's view) ... A lot of the spots at top schools (top 25?) were filled before the rule went into place, but not all. There are plenty of spots at other D1 schools and D2 and of course D3 really hasn't started yet. I thought the camps and clinics were the best opportunity for my daughter to display what she could do and for the coaches to get to know her personality etc. I also thought it gave my daughter at least a few days on campuses to see if it was the kind of place she might like. But we limited the camps and clinics to schools we thought were both lax fits and academic/social fits. For us that was a little easier because we had had other athletes and non-athletes go to college already and so had a decent sense of the process and the eventual matches. Be realistic, create a short list, and take control of the process instead of a more shotgun approach in my opinion. Then the camps are great. Even though the coaches can no longer respond back until September 1, have your daughter email schedules, updates, videos, grades etc to her top places. And make sure when she goes to the camps, that she is placed in the top group there, where the committed girls and serious recruits are grouped. Otherwise the camps can be not very helpful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes on driving cash to coaches through camps and clinics. My thoughts on 2019 recruits (take them for what they r which is one person's view) ... A lot of the spots at top schools (top 25?) were filled before the rule went into place, but not all. There are plenty of spots at other D1 schools and D2 and of course D3 really hasn't started yet. I thought the camps and clinics were the best opportunity for my daughter to display what she could do and for the coaches to get to know her personality etc. I also thought it gave my daughter at least a few days on campuses to see if it was the kind of place she might like. But we limited the camps and clinics to schools we thought were both lax fits and academic/social fits. For us that was a little easier because we had had other athletes and non-athletes go to college already and so had a decent sense of the process and the eventual matches. Be realistic, create a short list, and take control of the process instead of a more shotgun approach in my opinion. Then the camps are great. Even though the coaches can no longer respond back until September 1, have your daughter email schedules, updates, videos, grades etc to her top places. And make sure when she goes to the camps, that she is placed in the top group there, where the committed girls and serious recruits are grouped. Otherwise the camps can be not very helpful.

Also get sport recruits, old lacrosse recruites. It shows when a coach is looking at your daughter. It helped us tremendously

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone ever heard of the club Big 4 HHH? Where are they from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Philadelphia Area
HHH = Head Heart Hustle
Storied program on the boys side
The program split a few years ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is the better Heros 2019 team, green or white? For TLC 2019 - which is the better team white or red? How are those clubs compared to the top clubs in Maryland - M&D and Sky Walkers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC Red and Hero's Green are their top teams. Yes, these clubs are at the same level of either M & D or Sky Walkers. The Hero's 2019 Green team has 13 players already committed to D1 schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any College coaches watching these 2019's this past weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you had a 2019 you would know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros 2019 has some very strange parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And some very super cool ones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? And you are basing your comparison to what? Is it because these parents were out there sucking down dust throughout the whole weekend, while watching their daughters play a fringe sport?
If your daughter was already committed or had attended any of the top tier camps or combines - you might have had an opportunity to be around more of the Heros parents. Frankly, they all seem just like most of the LI parents except they have that weird Maryland accent.
Careful how you judge - there are very few D1 programs out there that do not have any Maryland girls. Chances are you will be spending 4 years with those very strange parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? And you are basing your comparison to what? Is it because these parents were out there sucking down dust throughout the whole weekend, while watching their daughters play a fringe sport?
If your daughter was already committed or had attended any of the top tier camps or combines - you might have had an opportunity to be around more of the Heros parents. Frankly, they all seem just like most of the LI parents except they have that weird Maryland accent.
Careful how you judge - there are very few D1 programs out there that do not have any Maryland girls. Chances are you will be spending 4 years with those very strange parents.

Spend 4 years with them? I may need to reconsider this project.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know, I've been praying a lot lately and will planning on doing a lot of drinking when we get there. But, whacha gonna do about it? Girl's picked her school and we're along for the ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know, I've been praying a lot lately and will planning on doing a lot of drinking when we get there. But, whacha gonna do about it? Girl's picked her school and we're along for the ride.

why are you along for the ride? maybe you should let your daughter get out there and do something of her own without you over her shoulder yelling 'go to goal' ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any College coaches watching these 2019's this past weekend?

No, all good 2019s are done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an obnoxious, false response- don't take the bait

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously a Long Island response. Heros 18 goalie just today committed to md you idiot!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mediocre school too. Have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even here in Maryland the Heros parents are considered weird.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even here in Maryland the Heros parents are considered weird.

if we can stop debating the personality quirks of some MD club team for five minutes, it seemed to me there were quite a few less College coaches at National Draw watching 2019's than at Summer Genesis.

LFTC has a long list though it seems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I noticed that too about the number of coaches watching. But, I think it was hard to really get a read on the number of coaches since we were bouncing back and forth between the two venues.

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard