BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 214 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
best move in women's lax is to stop a break by committing a foul...as long as you stop play, its a win-win..no penalty other than offense has to re-set....why more coaches don't do it constantly is curious...not try to hurt offensive player mind you, but just a little push and play stops dead...stops a bunch of fast breaks. in bball, you do something like that on a fast break, and its a foul that hurts the defense. In women's lax, aint no big deal..until refs or rules penalize crap, the game will continue to be poorly reffed and torture to watch

totally agree it is almost unwatchable much of the time. maybe borrow from basketball the tunning violation total?? a team gets five violations a player has to go off, or a free position?

its so physical it take away from the natural athleticism some of these girls have.. just call the rule book!!!

Maybe the idiot doesn't realize if you do it in the 8, there is a free position from that spot. Learn the rules, probably one of the idiots on the sidelines always yelling at something that isn't even a foul.

Good teams will foul all the way down field to stop the break. Another tactic used all the time is to stop the break by going offsides while redefending. There is no penalty. They stop the break and sometimes cause turnover. If (thats a big if) the refs observe the offsides, the offending girl walks back over restraining line. Womens lax needs to take a look at some rules etc and make some changes.

I have emailed every member of the rules committee the last few years. have actually gotten a few responses. they say things like safety is the number one concern and the cross check is an "area of emphasis" type deal. nothing has happened that I can see. they want it physical bottom line. no point hoping for anything else. but it makes it hard to watch for the fans that's for sure.

The first rule that should be enforced is charging. It gets tiring watching girls try to power through 2 and 3 defenders because they don't want to pass the ball (and attack mom is yelling "go to goal" on the sidelines). Inevitably, the refs end up calling a foul on the defender, thus reinforcing the no pass mentality. Let's start with the charging calls and go from there. Or, let the girls police it and let the D get away with a defensive cross check. Suzie won't be so quick to drive through good defense next time.

My daughter plays attack but I will definitely agree with out that there are times that girls try to force their way to 2 and 3 defenders so they can shoot and if it is a charge, it should be called. There are plenty of other times that a defender fouls a player going to goal because if she gets the shot off and scores, the goal will be called back. Percentage wise, it's a smart defensive play because she may or not score on the free position. If the player going to goal isn't called for charge and gets a shot off and scores, the goal should count.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the idiot doesn't realize if you do it in the 8, there is a free position from that spot. Learn the rules, probably one of the idiots on the sidelines always yelling at something that isn't even a foul. [/quote]

Good teams will foul all the way down field to stop the break. Another tactic used all the time is to stop the break by going offsides while redefending. There is no penalty. They stop the break and sometimes cause turnover. If (thats a big if) the refs observe the offsides, the offending girl walks back over restraining line. Womens lax needs to take a look at some rules etc and make some changes.
[/quote]

I have emailed every member of the rules committee the last few years. have actually gotten a few responses. they say things like safety is the number one concern and the cross check is an "area of emphasis" type deal. nothing has happened that I can see. they want it physical bottom line. no point hoping for anything else. but it makes it hard to watch for the fans that's for sure.

[/quote]

The first rule that should be enforced is charging. It gets tiring watching girls try to power through 2 and 3 defenders because they don't want to pass the ball (and attack mom is yelling "go to goal" on the sidelines). Inevitably, the refs end up calling a foul on the defender, thus reinforcing the no pass mentality. Let's start with the charging calls and go from there. Or, let the girls police it and let the D get away with a defensive cross check. Suzie won't be so quick to drive through good defense next time.[/quote]

Stop crying and tell your daughter to get out of the way[/quote]

Yep, attack mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stat padding has begun at some horrible schools. When will everyone learn to be successful you need to play as a team?

If she scores 10 does she get ice cream?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the idiot doesn't realize if you do it in the 8, there is a free position from that spot. Learn the rules, probably one of the idiots on the sidelines always yelling at something that isn't even a foul.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The first rule that should be enforced is charging. It gets tiring watching girls try to power through 2 and 3 defenders because they don't want to pass the ball (and attack mom is yelling "go to goal" on the sidelines). Inevitably, the refs end up calling a foul on the defender, thus reinforcing the no pass mentality. Let's start with the charging calls and go from there. Or, let the girls police it and let the D get away with a defensive cross check. Suzie won't be so quick to drive through good defense next time.[/quote]

Stop crying and tell your daughter to get out of the way[/quote]

Yep, attack mom.
[/quote]

Don't cry, Attack Mom, when my defender daughter lays out your hard-charger then. Because she has before and she will again. It's her job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the SA JV team is not pulling back this season, there are a few new key players on the team. Starting from the freak fast club hopper girl, the Elevate girls, and a YJ player. I am surprised that coach did not tell girls to relax, as they were completely outscoring the other team they versed today...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the SA JV team is not pulling back this season, there are a few new key players on the team. Starting from the freak fast club hopper girl, the Elevate girls, and a YJ player. I am surprised that coach did not tell girls to relax, as they were completely outscoring the other team they versed today...

Thanks for the update mom, mentioning your daughter along with other girls trying to disguise yourself. We all know who you are and your team is still not that good, easy you're JV, get a grip!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REALLY?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REALLY?

Don't take the bait...Someone's just stirring the pot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REALLY?

Versed IS NOT A verb. Although it sounds like it is written by an adult, what adult actually uses that word??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go watch the latest Geno Auriemma press conference. AAU teams don't play to win anymore. Todays athletes are just worried about showing off and not concerned with the teams outcome. He blames it ALL ON THE PLAYERS PARENTS for condoning and pushing the selfish play. Never happens in girls lacrosse ha ha

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REALLY?

Versed IS NOT A verb. Although it sounds like it is written by an adult, what adult actually uses that word??

Thank you - beat me to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guys, I do feel bad that you don't have any football players in the house to root for, but come on get a life. 'lays out your daughter.." wow, get some help before you hurt someone..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the update mom, mentioning your daughter along with other girls trying to disguise yourself. We all know who you are and your team is still not that good, easy you're JV, get a grip!

Can someone please explain for those of us who have no idea what you're all talking about. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still chuckling...JV Saint Anthony girls postings now???...what's next, Middle School updates?
lets see if half of them manage to stay in school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REALLY?

Versed....hahaha.... My 9 year old says it all the time and I go ape sh*t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the Elevate girls couldn't be persuaded to follow their Elevate guru to Holy Trinity?
Or did he build in some extra fees on top of the tuition and folks caught on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guys, I do feel bad that you don't have any football players in the house to root for, but come on get a life. 'lays out your daughter.." wow, get some help before you hurt someone..

Please don't crush the little snowflake. It is beautiful like all the rest of the snowflakes and special in its own individual way. If you take enough snowflakes, you can make an ice pack. That's something useful. Put it on your daughter's bruised rib and your bruised ego. Then tell her to stop charging and pass the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the Elevate girls couldn't be persuaded to follow their Elevate guru to Holy Trinity?
Or did he build in some extra fees on top of the tuition and folks caught on?

What does that mean? Just because a girl plays on Elevate doesn't mean they have to go to Trinity. Did one of the Elevate parent coaches follow DK to Trinity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
team game pass the ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the SA way, they won a girls jv basketball game 72-14 this past season and yes they were still going to the basket with a minute left in the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the SA way, they won a girls jv basketball game 72-14 this past season and yes they were still going to the basket with a minute left in the game

That's not very Christian of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please don't crush the little snowflake. It is beautiful like all the rest of the snowflakes and special in its own individual way. If you take enough snowflakes, you can make an ice pack. That's something useful. Put it on your daughter's bruised rib and your bruised ego. Then tell her to stop charging and pass the ball.

I imagine she could borrow the one your wife uses on her eye after she steps out of line huh? got some serious anger in yah ... yikes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REALLY?

Thank you - beat me to it.

Don't you mean "beated me to it"? I guess if SA winned the game, they have every rite to posts here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the stats for Babylon vs. Port Jeff. Score was 11-6. Babylon won, scored 11 goals and had 13 assists. That's impressive!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the stats for Babylon vs. Port Jeff. Score was 11-6. Babylon won, scored 11 goals and had 13 assists. That's impressive!

IMPRESSIVE???? It's wrong. You can't have more assists than goals scored. Learn the game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMPRESSIVE???? It's wrong. You can't have more assists than goals scored. Learn the game!

you are literally too stupid to make fun of..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that is the point of the original post...maybe if it was hockey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the poster was kidding. I Hope

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes kidding, pointing out the obvious. " Learn the game" a what a loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes kidding, pointing out the obvious. " Learn the game" a what a loser

At least they didn't run up the score on them like another team did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday announced their Top 100 today - looks like every school gets at least one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all but before they take almost 1 from every school they should take more from the powerhouse teams. The 6th or 7th best girl on top teams is still better the best player on weak teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all but before they take almost 1 from every school they should take more from the powerhouse teams. The 6th or 7th best girl on top teams is still better the best player on weak teams

Not according to Newsday! Such incredible sour grapes, guess your kid is 6th or 7th on her team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you couldn't resist a dig either, could you? Being noted as Newsday Top 100 is a nice honor, but it's not exactly an accurate depiction. There are quite a few 6th or 7th players on teams in the power conference that are defintely better than many best players on weak teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, we get it..the best players on the top teams are better than the top players on weaker, non-rated schools...the point is Newsday is able to sell papers and get folks reading by reaching out and including a wide selection of girls.
Relax and let the girls enjoy their day in the sun...more important fish to fry than your daughter not being on the Newsday Top 100..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not according to Newsday! Such incredible sour grapes, guess your kid is 6th or 7th on her team.

Let's not forget politics. Congrats to the girls who made it but there are a number of girls left off the list. Newsday doesn't choose, the coaches are asked who they want to list. Not an accurate picture when you are asking someone who is clueless about the game and likes to play mind games to make sure everyone knows who is in charge. Sad time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's not forget politics. Congrats to the girls who made it but there are a number of girls left off the list. Newsday doesn't choose, the coaches are asked who they want to list. Not an accurate picture when you are asking someone who is clueless about the game and likes to play mind games to make sure everyone knows who is in charge. Sad time.

I think the Emmy awards suck too.......who are these people?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is this forum just to complain about refs, see whose child is the best. Can we get back to games that are being played, I heard Northport beat Smithtown West 14-3. What happened to West this year. Mt. Sinai also lost to Shoreham. Is Mt. Sinai in a rebuilding year. Lets get back to real topics and enough of the garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think several teams are rebuilding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was very surprised by that game. expected a much closer score. mt sinai game could have gone either way. heard west islip vs sachem was a nail biter as well

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 214 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard