BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 102 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They went 2-1. Their only loss was to Next Level, which is a very solid team. They beat Brotherly Love and Madlax. Madlax "accidentally" posted the score 10-2 them winning when it was the other way around, Express won 10-2. Funny how that happens at a Madlax event...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express Badgers lost 2 of 3 in Maryland.

who did they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney Machine posted the wrong scores.They 2 & 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here come the badger parent excuses. They lost period. Accept it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"They only loss to a solid team". Oh please. Are you really going to post that they lost to a average team? They lost!!! They are losing more and more games. Pack is starting to swallow up big man Express. They were always overrated. Even when BM coached them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters gonna hate....HAHA....No excuses...Actually won 3 of 4 .....Overall great weekend ....Kids loved playing on Hopkins field....Thanks AJ .....Not sure who BM is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bowel
Movement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pack? Go back to the 2024 page.
But then again, you have a good group of 2023 anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pack? Go back to the 2024 page.
But then again, you have a good group of 2023 anyway.

The guy meant the rest of the 2023 pack, not the 2024 Wolfpack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are going to be the big tournaments this summer that has significant attendance from the top clubs? Lax Fest is usually a big one but it looks like Igloo and Bandits aren't attending this year. Odd that the Bandits aren't there, given it's a 9D1 event. Why isn't Igloo looking to defend the t-shirts they won last year? Are they avoiding each other?

NXT had a bunch of top teams last summer. Bandits, Express Haugen, Igloo, S2S, Warriors and BL. Bandits, Igloo and S2S aren't going back, at least according to their websites. Express stopped posting their tournaments.

NLF tourneys on the Island in June and July should be well attended with Bandits, Express, Warriors & Laxachussets. What else?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are going to be the big tournaments this summer that has significant attendance from the top clubs? Lax Fest is usually a big one but it looks like Igloo and Bandits aren't attending this year. Odd that the Bandits aren't there, given it's a 9D1 event. Why isn't Igloo looking to defend the t-shirts they won last year? Are they avoiding each other?

NXT had a bunch of top teams last summer. Bandits, Express Haugen, Igloo, S2S, Warriors and BL. Bandits, Igloo and S2S aren't going back, at least according to their websites. Express stopped posting their tournaments.

NLF tourneys on the Island in June and July should be well attended with Bandits, Express, Warriors & Laxachussets. What else?

Blatant runs the best tournaments. Most of the best teams will be at them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Blatant Fall tourney is a good local tournament and Spring might be okay too but Blatant only has one Summer tournament, 7/1-7/2. Are any of the top 5 LI teams registered?

I guess maybe we'd have to agree on the top LI teams for 2023. Didn't want to get into a ranking argument but based on last summer top 5 would seem to be Bandits, Igloo, Express, S2S and Warriors. Outlaws, Three Village, GC34, F$G, True Blue, Recon and Leg-ac-y are not in that category (let's see what BM does with Leg-ac-y but the 2023 team hasn't done anything to this point and it would be a huge step up for them to crack the top 5). SYAG and Mamas Boys are part time teams from my understanding and they've done nothing to show they belong in the top 5. Did I miss anyone? Did I manage to [lacrosse] everyone off? Not my intention but I guess it's unavoidable.

Seems overdue for some kind of Spring league strictly for these LI teams to battle it out. Leave Sundays to PAL and play an 8 game schedule on Saturdays with playoffs. Who says no? More $$$ for all the directors and gets the teams in great shape for the summer tournament season. Shocked it hasn't happened yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Blatant Fall tourney is a good local tournament and Spring might be okay too but Blatant only has one Summer tournament, 7/1-7/2. Are any of the top 5 LI teams registered?

I guess maybe we'd have to agree on the top LI teams for 2023. Didn't want to get into a ranking argument but based on last summer top 5 would seem to be Bandits, Igloo, Express, S2S and Warriors. Outlaws, Three Village, GC34, F$G, True Blue, Recon and Leg-ac-y are not in that category (let's see what BM does with Leg-ac-y but the 2023 team hasn't done anything to this point and it would be a huge step up for them to crack the top 5). SYAG and Mamas Boys are part time teams from my understanding and they've done nothing to show they belong in the top 5. Did I miss anyone? Did I manage to [lacrosse] everyone off? Not my intention but I guess it's unavoidable.

Seems overdue for some kind of Spring league strictly for these LI teams to battle it out. Leave Sundays to PAL and play an 8 game schedule on Saturdays with playoffs. Who says no? More $$$ for all the directors and gets the teams in great
shape for the summer tournament season. Shocked it hasn't happened yet.

Very accurate top 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems overdue for some kind of Spring league strictly for these LI teams to battle it out. Leave Sundays to PAL and play an 8 game schedule on Saturdays with playoffs. Who says no? More $$$ for all the directors and gets the teams in great

Very accurate top 5.

I would have to put Leg a cy in that top 5. How good is the F$G team I've never seen them at any tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very accurate top 5.

I would have to put Leg a cy in that top 5. How good is the F$G team I've never seen them at any tourneys.

The problem is field space and weather. I think the space can be found, but rescheduling for snow and rain could be a challenge. Look at the last few weeks. Two Saturday tournaments need to be rescheduled already. It's a great idea though. Amazed that no one has found a way to make it work.

Tornados are not in the top 5. Not even close, yet. But if they can win some games this season and then attract a few solid players, they could potentially move up. They would need to poach from one of the others teams though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very accurate top 5.

The problem is field space and weather. I think the space can be found, but rescheduling for snow and rain could be a challenge. Look at the last few weeks. Two Saturday tournaments need to be rescheduled already. It's a great idea though. Amazed that no one has found a way to make it work.

Tornados are not in the top 5. Not even close, yet. But if they can win some games this season and then attract a few solid players, they could potentially move up. They would need to poach from one of the others teams though.

Are you telling us that BM can't grow his existing group? The almighty ex-badger needs to poach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very accurate top 5.

Are you telling us that BM can't grow his existing group? The almighty ex-badger needs to poach?

How is player turnover at this age going forward. Do these top teams make many changes to there rosters at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is always trying to get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very accurate top 5.

Essentially, yes. The "top 5" teams that were mentioned are still going to attract the most skilled players. That's the nature of the beast. And, I think it's fair to say that each of those teams improved from last season to this season, some more than others of course. Most of the kids that are going to be playing travel are already doing it, so I think the idea of a stud coming out of the woodwork is pretty slim. There may be second string players that are not happy with playing time moving from team to team; however, I don't know that they will swing a club very far in one direction or the other. I think that many on those teams have found their niche and will continue to grow as a team with minimal changes moving forward. The Tornados are a good team with very good coaching. Their starters can run with just about anyone. What they lack is depth at all positions. I think there is a precipitous drop off from starters to back-ups and that is what separates the top teams from the rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very accurate top 5.

Essentially, yes. The "top 5" teams that were mentioned are still going to attract the most skilled players. That's the nature of the beast. And, I think it's fair to say that each of those teams improved from last season to this season, some more than others of course. Most of the kids that are going to be playing travel are already doing it, so I think the idea of a stud coming out of the woodwork is pretty slim. There may be second string players that are not happy with playing time moving from team to team; however, I don't know that they will swing a club very far in one direction or the other. I think that many on those teams have found their niche and will continue to grow as a team with minimal changes moving forward. The Tornados are a good team with very good coaching. Their starters can run with just about anyone. What they lack is depth at all positions. I think there is a precipitous drop off from starters to back-ups and that is what separates the top teams from the rest.

but BM is the Zen Master and can make the team great. He built the Honey Badgers for AJ, and Express. He then got shafted by them. He doesn't need to poach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Pack? Go back to the 2024 page.
But then again, you have a good group of 2023 anyway.[/qu

Hahahah you're a tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very accurate top 5.

New to this board... S2S is who and is 2023 their only team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is one team and has a coach who got fired from Express and Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you failed to mention is that every team he has coached including s2s is ALWAYS in the top 5. I am not a 2023 parent either but facts are facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you failed to mention is that every team he has coached including s2s is ALWAYS in the top 5. I am not a 2023 parent either but facts are facts.

I guess we'll see this year. They're only a year old and didn't change much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is S2S bases out of, which town are most of the kids from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we'll see this year. They're only a year old and didn't change much.[/quote]

Didn't change much? Things got worse. A whole lotta Daddy ball going on there - clearly some of these kids don't belong on the team let alone get significant playing time. Should be really interesting this year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't change much? Things got worse. A whole lotta Daddy ball going on there - clearly some of these kids don't belong on the team let alone get significant playing time. Should be really interesting this year...
[/quote]

Not involved with S2S, but this comment got me thinking.
Lax is rapidly growing in numbers, with more and more teams being created especially at the younger years. I wonder how many of these kids are going to stick with this sport as so much emphasis is on win now...and if you're not in the club or on the best team by 6th grade, you're useless.
Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just win baby

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

This is something that I don't get. I realize that these 5 teams are really good. But, all of them (Bandits, Igloo, S2@, Exp AAAA) are coached by Dads. Most Dads will play their kids more then anyone else. It's just the way it is. I bet they think that since they spend so much of their time and effort coaching the team, that their boys deserve to play more than others. Granted, a lot of these Dads are very good coaches and have played and/or coached at the highest levels of the game. But, when it comes to playing time and who gets the ball on emo or whatever, the coaches kid will be the one. I know kids on these teams and all the Dads do nothing but complain about playing time. Remember--it's not what you. It's all about WHO you know. Carry on.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares who the top teams are, if your son shows interest in playing college lacrosse make sure you put him on a team where he will be one of the top 6 players of his travel programs AA team next year. These top 5 - 6 players will be the only ones who receive an invite to the very important elite recruiting events when the time comes.
All others will be left in the cold to fend for themselves.
Just a word of advice, take it for what it is worth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is something that I don't get. I realize that these 5 teams are really good. But, all of them (Bandits, Igloo, S2@, Exp AAAA) are coached by Dads. Most Dads will play their kids more then anyone else. It's just the way it is. I bet they think that since they spend so much of their time and effort coaching the team, that their boys deserve to play more than others. Granted, a lot of these Dads are very good coaches and have played and/or coached at the highest levels of the game. But, when it comes to playing time and who gets the ball on emo or whatever, the coaches kid will be the one. I know kids on these teams and all the Dads do nothing but complain about playing time. Remember--it's not what you. It's all about WHO you know. Carry on.......[/quote]

I'll be the first to admit it; if I coached one of these teams I would unquestionably give my kid more opportunities than others. It's in our nature as fathers to want our kids to be successful and if we can by dedicating our time to the team then so be it. With that being said, most of the kids on those 5 teams are high quality players. In all likelihood, they are the stars of their town teams and have been since k-1. The truth of the matter is that once they get on a team like that, there are a lot of kids who are as good, or better, than their son. They, the parents, have a very difficult time accepting for the first time that their son may not be the "full ride to Hopkins" player that they thought. Suddenly, he looks like an average to below average player on his team and they look for excuses as to why he's not playing as much as they think he should. Enter the "daddyball" excuse. While a dad may play his one son slightly more than he should, none of those coaches would do it at the cost of a game. And there are 21 other kids on those teams who have to earn their spots and time as well. That's what I tell my kids. Work hard and earn your time. If you're not happy, we'll find a club more suited to their skill level.
Playing time trumps all, imho. That's what I'm paying for. My kids wouldn't be happy as cheerleaders. They want to play and there are plenty of options on LI to find a team that will get your kids the time they desire. Some people just need to swallow their pride and accept reality and not make the "daddyball" excuses all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares who the top teams are, if your son shows interest in playing college lacrosse make sure you put him on a team where he will be one of the top 6 players of his travel programs AA team next year. These top 5 - 6 players will be the only ones who receive an invite to the very important elite recruiting events when the time comes.
All others will be left in the cold to fend for themselves.
Just a word of advice, take it for what it is worth.

Your advice sucks. Every kid who goes to a college Prospect camp or individual showcase has a shot. Nobody needs the greedy clubs except for the owners who need the income.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is something that I don't get. I realize that these 5 teams are really good. But, all of them (Bandits, Igloo, S2@, Exp AAAA) are coached by Dads. Most Dads will play their kids more then anyone else. It's just the way it is. I bet they think that since they spend so much of their time and effort coaching the team, that their boys deserve to play more than others. Granted, a lot of these Dads are very good coaches and have played and/or coached at the highest levels of the game. But, when it comes to playing time and who gets the ball on emo or whatever, the coaches kid will be the one. I know kids on these teams and all the Dads do nothing but complain about playing time. Remember--it's not what you. It's all about WHO you know. Carry on.......

I'll be the first to admit it; if I coached one of these teams I would unquestionably give my kid more opportunities than others. It's in our nature as fathers to want our kids to be successful and if we can by dedicating our time to the team then so be it. With that being said, most of the kids on those 5 teams are high quality players. In all likelihood, they are the stars of their town teams and have been since k-1. The truth of the matter is that once they get on a team like that, there are a lot of kids who are as good, or better, than their son. They, the parents, have a very difficult time accepting for the first time that their son may not be the "full ride to Hopkins" player that they thought. Suddenly, he looks like an average to below average player on his team and they look for excuses as to why he's not playing as much as they think he should. Enter the "daddyball" excuse. While a dad may play his one son slightly more than he should, none of those coaches would do it at the cost of a game. And there are 21 other kids on those teams who have to earn their spots and time as well. That's what I tell my kids. Work hard and earn your time. If you're not happy, we'll find a club more suited to their skill level.
Playing time trumps all, imho. That's what I'm paying for. My kids wouldn't be happy as cheerleaders. They want to play and there are plenty of options on LI to find a team that will get your kids the time they desire. Some people just need to swallow their pride and accept reality and not make the "daddyball" excuses all the time.
[/quote]

"their son may not be the "full ride to Hopkins" player" NO kid ANYWHERE is a "full ride to Hopkins" player - that's the first problem!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"their son may not be the "full ride to Hopkins" player" NO kid ANYWHERE is a "full ride to Hopkins" player - that's the first problem!
[/quote]

There are a bunch in Daddies eyes!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy coaches work out when there son is a stud. Otherwise its a struggle. Huge benefit is the commitment a daddy coach will make to the team.
If his son struggles, so will the squad and the morale of the team. Who wants to watch the coaches kid struggle time and time again and never get taken out. If your boy made 1/4 of those mistakes he would be pulled.

Find a legit Daddy coach who has a son that can play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a bunch in Daddies eyes!![/quote]

And you are any different HOW?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Exactly, that's why I put that in quotes; however, do you really think most of these people know that? Many still believe that it's in their child's future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real benefit of the S2S is that DK is a professional coach , no kid on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real benefit of the S2S is that DK is a professional coach , no kid on the team.

Same with Warriors. Those are the only 2 that I know of. You really need to earn your spot and playing time.

Page 50 of 102 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard