BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 282 of 327 1 2 280 281 282 283 284 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Honest question, Is there a 2023 LI travel team where this doesn't happen?

there are more humble organizations then the yj's lol

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

How would you feel if you drove to MD on Father's Day weekend to watch your 10 year old daughter play lacrosse and she didn't see the field? While the "studs" lost every game for the team. Maybe coaches are playing the wrong girls?

An ongoing problem with this team. Either there is a problem with the evaluation process at tryouts or with the coaches playing girls that are clearly struggling.

Anyone that pays into a program that disrespects a customer or child should take their money and run. Club lacrosse is the only business in America where the customer isn't always right. Club takes your cash and they want YOU to kiss their [lacrosse] when it should be the other way around. And the YJ's are the worst of the worst. I don't get why everyone follows and kisses the [lacrosse] of the queen bee
[/quote]

I paid my money! I want equal playing time! And give me a trophy damn it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I recommend L I W a v e

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Respect is different than playing time and trophies and too bad for your daughter you don't know that. Many Yj coaches favor a few girls. If your daughter isn't one, you know it. I am sure this happens in other clubs, high school teams etc. if your daughter doesn't feel positive about her role on the team, be it a starter with lots of playing time or not, or she can tell you which kids are "favorites" of the coaches, you probably have one of these coaches. There is a big difference between a tough coach and one who is wrapped up in their perceived greatness. Coaching is more than winning games! Don't allow your daughter to think it's ok to be treated with anything but RESPECT in any aspect of her life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

How would you feel if you drove to MD on Father's Day weekend to watch your 10 year old daughter play lacrosse and she didn't see the field? While the "studs" lost every game for the team. Maybe coaches are playing the wrong girls?

An ongoing problem with this team. Either there is a problem with the evaluation process at tryouts or with the coaches playing girls that are clearly struggling.

Anyone that pays into a program that disrespects a customer or child should take their money and run. Club lacrosse is the only business in America where the customer isn't always right. Club takes your cash and they want YOU to kiss their [lacrosse] when it should be the other way around. And the YJ's are the worst of the worst. I don't get why everyone follows and kisses the [lacrosse] of the queen bee

I paid my money! I want equal playing time! And give me a trophy damn it![/quote]
[

I paid my money! I want equal playing time! And give me a trophy

damn it![/quote]

Problem is the girls playing are not deserving of anything other than a participation trophy, they lose way too many games for the club, which was my point. If you don't produce, time to give other girls a chance.
[

I paid my money! I want equal playing time! And give me a trophy damn it![/quote]
[

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are losing too many games you can do a few things.
1. Don't take 25 girls on each team if the bottom of the roster cant add value (Money grab)
2. Truly put the best kids on each team and ditch the F&F who pay in to the CR annuity (another money grab)
3. Upgrade the coaching. Pay some really qualified coaches instead of these nice, easily manipulated,overmatched young ladies (don't want to pay out big money)

The YJ's have the best overall talent. Seems money gets in the way with some of the decisions. How much is enough?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Don't take 25 girls on each team if the bottom of the roster cant add value (Money grab)
2. Truly put the best kids on each team and ditch the F&F who pay in to the CR annuity (another money grab)
3. Upgrade the coaching. Pay some really qualified coaches instead of these nice, easily manipulated,overmatched young ladies (don't want to pay out big money)

The YJ's have the best overall talent. Seems money gets in the way with some of the decisions. How much is enough?????

Greed is good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2023 getting new A coach

Who is the new coach?

Does it matter he or she will be an upgrade. Doesn't CR have a new assistant at Northport?

And next year there will be another one. No one wants to deal with those parents and their constant bullsh$t. Soon it will be CR taking over the team just like she had to do with the 2021 team full of obnoxious, toxic parents.

There seems to be a lot of adults obsessed with this team and age group that are not apart of the team. The constant BS and toxicity seems to be coming from people outside the team... not from within. The coaches and team is working hard this winter to improve and I think everyone is looking forward to lax season. Good luck to all the local clubs this year. Hopefully all Long Island clubs will have success when playing out of state teams and looking forward to competitive games when the L.I. teams play each other this Spring and Summer.

I guess you were not on the sideline with us last year. Apparently you missed the team meeting w/ coaches after we got a beating in MD. Plenty of toxicity.

I would certainly agree with you. If a kid doesn't pass the ball to an open player, they need to be pulled off the field. If they continue with the same play they should be benched. Do you think a high school or college coach would tolerate that behavior? No way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you are losing too many games you can do a few things.

Stop complaining and keep paying. The 2023 B team has 27 players good luck with playing time there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And have 2 blue teams not an a & b so all the intelligent parents feel like their kid plays on the top team.....ha

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the over under on how many millions is already in the bank?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop complaining and keep paying. The 2023 B team has 27 players good luck with playing time there.

Now they have 25. Two were just asked to move up to A. Probably happen right after Shamrock Shootout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There may be more humble clubs, but the answer is still NO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the over under on how many millions is already in the bank?

its a lot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not any more! Now A has 26. Good luck to you with playing time there. Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]If you are losing too many games you can do a few things.

Not any more! Now A has 26. Good luck to you with playing time there. Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot.

The top players will still get a majority of the playing time the A team can have 30 girls doesn't mean they are all going to play. In the big games the top players will play the others will watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]If you are losing too many games you can do a few things.

The top players will still get a majority of the playing time the A team can have 30 girls doesn't mean they are all going to play. In the big games the top players will play the others will watch.

Looked like the Top players were watching in those "Big Games" also last year. You remember, when we were taken apart by those MD teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know if its good to have your daughter on the online recruiting sites like Captain U , lax recruits or is it a money grab? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know if its good to have your daughter on the online recruiting sites like Captain U , lax recruits or is it a money grab? Thanks

if you play YJ you don't need them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Carole!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not needed. Talent gets you recruited. Not Captain U or YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not needed. Talent gets you recruited. Not Captain U or YJ

What? I paid for a spot on the D team for nothing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the YJ 22s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or any other club team.

I used one of those sites for one of my kids, not lacrosse, and it was basically a scam. You'll sign up for the free version, then they will email you saying a coach is interested in your child. But to find out what coach you have to pay. She did get a few legit hits but it was long after she'd committed (and that was fall of her senior year, IOW normal recruiting not lax-world wackiness).

Go to showcases, go to camps selectively, keeping in mind those are money makers so you will get a ton of invitations that don't indicate interest. Almost all of the legwork is yours, truth be told. You reach out to coaches before showcases, etc. And by "you" I mean your child, but if she is like most kids, you will be walking her through every step of every contact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Carole!

However might I suggest you look at our college recruiting service offered for a nominal charge...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Carole!

However might I suggest you look at our college recruiting service offered for a nominal charge...

You mean I don't get that for free after spending years on the Jersey Turnpike going to your out of state tournaments to play other YJ teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMAZING, A and B solid plus A only loses a game or 2 a year. Plus A dominates B and B does very well in Tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many bitter people, yikes. Every time I lol here I remember why I stop for a year. Shame could be a positive LI Lax sight make all teams players better. Like in Maryland Club teams never release girls to Town teams for season. They play Club ball year round. Oh well jealousy rains. By the way the Yellow Jackets are a great Franchise and yes they're are others. Plus there is some nepotism just like every other team, sports, high school or busy. Naive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMAZING, A and B solid plus A only loses a game or 2 a year. Plus A dominates B and B does very well in Tournaments

What exactly are you babbling about? Try sentences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the new General Manager of the UMLX Long Island Sound is.........Carol Rose!

How is Head Coach Shannon Smith ( Director LI Top Guns) going to survive GM Carol Rose (Director of the LI Yellow Jackets)...Oh the drama

Maybe they'll learn to "Just Get Along"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the new General Manager of the UMLX Long Island Sound is.........Carol Rose!

How is Head Coach Shannon Smith ( Director LI Top Guns) going to survive GM Carol Rose (Director of the LI Yellow Jackets)...Oh the drama

Or, more likely, they will fold next year due to lack of interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]AMAZING, A and B solid plus A only loses a game or 2 a year. Plus A dominates B and B does very well in Tournaments

Translation? Or is this just a random post not linked to anything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not taking a side in this, but one thing they both know is how to make money in the lax world. So I would bet they will get along fine as long as there is a financial stake. The other option is SS leaves. But I would bet they have the two of them in those positions because combined they have a huge percentage of the audience that would have interest in this league in their respective clubs. Combined, I would say TG and YJ's have over 60% of all travel players in their organizations at eat age. Marking Genius for the United Womans Lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not taking a side in this, but one thing they both know is how to make money in the lax world. So I would bet they will get along fine as long as there is a financial stake. The other option is SS leaves. But I would bet they have the two of them in those positions because combined they have a huge percentage of the audience that would have interest in this league in their respective clubs. Combined, I would say TG and YJ's have over 60% of all travel players in their organizations at eat age. Marking Genius for the United Womans Lax.

I'm with you, and honestly this petty BS should come to an end. There are more then enough girls to fill both clubs. hopefully the tension eases and they put their heads together to help all LI lacrosse.. and maybe play a tourney on LI.
the professional league is actually pretty good, I saw a game last year and enjoyed it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what happened to Galleghar as GM? Next question as a YJ parent is I looked at the schedule and they play every weekend of summer tournaments. Does that mean CR is now done with attending our games? The one thing she will do is push her 500+ players to go to the women's games. She is the best at making optional events mandatory with us lemmings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isnt it rich that YJ Bert and the mr. physicality spalina are the newsday quotes on helmets. Both have coached the game to get us where we are today. They should look in the mirror

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if she comes. Only affects 2021 blue, she watches very little unless other team has a chance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isnt it rich that YJ Bert and the mr. physicality spalina are the newsday quotes on helmets. Both have coached the game to get us where we are today. They should look in the mirror

Completely agree. Excellent post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree. Excellent post.

You agree with your own post ? Brilliant. Read the article then let's comment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe many of the pro events are set up around recruiting events. Way of getting people to games

Like Reply Quote
Page 282 of 327 1 2 280 281 282 283 284 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard