BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 44 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEART. First and foremost.
SPEED. Kills.
VISION. Makes every player around them better.
IQ. Can make up for other deficiencies.
HEIGHT. Will make a player taller than other players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HEART. First and foremost.
SPEED. Kills.
VISION. Makes every player around them better.
IQ. Can make up for other deficiencies.
HEIGHT. Will make a player taller than other players.

Right on, although I flip #1 with #2.. the fastest players get to play on the top college teams.. if you have everything but speed you dont

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is 5'11" and going to a top 5 program. she's a skilled attacker with a wicked underhand shot and good field iq. So I guess your theory is out!

From an anonymous poster, that really means something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is how crazy parents are getting...I was at a 8th grade LISGYLL game today and a parent from one of the teams had a scorebook in the crowd and he was taking stats for the game and broadcasting it to everyone in the stands. If your are going to take stats do everyone in the stands a favor and just take them for your own daughter and save everyone around you from having to hear the play by play. We are watching the game and can see it happening live. Why would you be recording stats for a 8th grade game that nobody cares about other than the people at the game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is how crazy parents are getting...I was at a 8th grade LISGYLL game today and a parent from one of the teams had a scorebook in the crowd and he was taking stats for the game and broadcasting it to everyone in the stands. If your are going to take stats do everyone in the stands a favor and just take them for your own daughter and save everyone around you from having to hear the play by play. We are watching the game and can see it happening live. Why would you be recording stats for a 8th grade game that nobody cares about other than the people at the game?

Isn't LISGYLL just glorified PAL? Who cares, all the good 8th graders are playing varsity anyway.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true if you come from a town with a crappy talent pool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't LISGYLL just glorified PAL? Who cares, all the good 8th graders are playing varsity anyway.

No 8th graders playing varsity in Garden City, Manhasset, West Islip and any good program for that matter. All the crappy programs are playing 8th graders and if you have 3-4 9th graders starting on your team you're probably in a crappy program as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No 8th graders playing varsity in Garden City, Manhasset, West Islip and any good program for that matter. All the crappy programs are playing 8th graders and if you have 3-4 9th graders starting on your team you're probably in a crappy program as well

It's not about the kids. Its about the behavior of the parents, some guys ruin the sidelines for everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What will kids with offers do. Will they accept or wait

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI 2021 has full squad, no one pulled up?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI 2021 has full squad, no one pulled up?

Pulled up to what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many parents thing there kid is better then others
WI is top program and they don't need 2021 kids on varsity due to the fact there 2020 kids are solid, I'm a TG parent and WI parents are nuts they are living thru their daughters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just crazy WI Jv was solid they killed me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI is top program and they don't need 2021 kids on varsity due to the fact there 2020 kids are solid, I'm a TG parent and WI parents are nuts they are living thru their daughters

This post is the most accurate post that has ever been on this site. Plus is literally laughed out loud when I read it. And saying the WI parents are nuts, is very kind of you. They are certifiably insane!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post is the most accurate post that has ever been on this site. Plus is literally laughed out loud when I read it. And saying the WI parents are nuts, is very kind of you. They are certifiably insane!

Just two of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What will kids with offers do. Will they accept or wait

Uh, they can't accept until first day of junior year know, no? You been under a rock?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just two of them
there are two wi dads that believe their kids should've been on varsity this year lol. Relax your kid will get her chance. Prob 10th grade as the 2020 has a solid class and some 19 will move

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was wondering if there were any 8th graders on varsity because the 8th grade LISGYLL team is awful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just two of them
there are two wi dads that believe their kids should've been on varsity this year lol. Relax your kid will get her chance. Prob 10th grade as the 2020 has a solid class and some 19 will move

[quote=Anonymous]Too many parents thing there kid is better then others

So right there is your problem, parents think kids are so talented because they play for 2021 TG, which is not a good barometer of where the kids stand in the grand scheme of LI lax, not hard to stand out with lack of talent. False sense of entitlement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Your judgements about other people [and their teenage daughters] say more about you than they do about the people your judging." frown ~Mhar

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah nuts I was at a game and one of the dads from Wi was telling everyone she committed to Spallina

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was wondering if there were any 8th graders on varsity because the 8th grade LISGYLL team is awful.

The 8 grade teams main problem is that they do not play as a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 8 grade teams main problem is that they do not play as a team.

Sorry but going 1-5 (one win could have been a forfeit)in the crappy league is not attributed to just not playing as a team. They had no talent and the only thing worse was the loadmouth dads yelling at their kids and telling their wives to shut up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah nuts I was at a game and one of the dads from Wi was telling everyone she committed to Spallina

If it were even true, that is something they should keep to themselves. They could get Spallina into a lot of trouble and ruin a rising program. Not smart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th graders shouldn't be committing to college at all. They're 13! That is strictly for chest pounding Dad's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it were even true, that is something they should keep to themselves. They could get Spallina into a lot of trouble and ruin a rising program. Not smart.

Depends when offers were made, and if they accepted before the rule change. Some families including 2020's and 2021's have sat on offers from before the rule change (from other schools, no knowledge of Stony Brook's practices on who and what ages received offers already). Even if an offer was made and accepted, who is to say it will be honored anyway, and who is to say that a kid can't attend a school and go out for a team without a scholarship. I bet many of the kids at Stony Brook, Albany and other state schools receive very little Athletic Aide because coaches know that the schools are already way cheaper than anywhere else the kid can go and play. Coaches know the rules and wont risk them for 8th graders or any graders for that matter, no matter how good they are or aren't. Not a whole lot of scholarship money at stake for the SUNY schools anyway so who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When people don't know what's going on in your life
They SPECULATE..
When they think they know
They FABRICATE..
And when they do know
They just HATE

Real question is...have you ever met a HATER doing better than you?
ME NEITHER.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, these post I'm reading are bizarre. I have been around HS sports for 30 years and it seems like parents are losing track that their kids want to play and have fun. You have to realize 10-20% of your child grade goes on to play college sports. You parents are in competition with each other and thats the gas on the fire for your programs. I know many of HS coaches Smith East, West, MC, Sachems, WI, NP, Lindenhurst, Babylon and may more all good people with great intentions. For you dads find a hobby!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 DADS that are nuts and are drinking gallons of cool aid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SOME DADS' HOBBIES ARE THEIR KIDS!!!
Imagine a dad being able to help guide his child through many of the valuable life lessons that today's adolescents are not learning at their schools by their educators and coaches.
Competitive Sports and academics are FUN and fantastic ways to teach kids about:
-setting goals, then working hard to achieve them.
-learning there are no shortcuts to success.
-Time + Energy + Willingness can lead to success.
-knowing where your strengths and weaknesses lie and understanding how to make your weaknesses your strengths.
-learning about good nutrition and diet and recognizing that a healthy body and mind are important
-learning to be a good leader (and follower)
-becoming a "coachable" player, "teachable" student, "respected" teammate
-learning to control your emotions while being able to push to your own personal limits
-understanding that success requires sacrifice
-learning that life isn't always fair
-understanding that no one is perfect (parent or child), so mistakes will undoubtedly be made and that is ok. Learn from them.
MOST OF ALL: recognizing that there will always be those in life who are not as determined to put in the same hard work that you are in order to achieve your personal goals and many of those same jealous people (and their children) will undoubtedly try to make-up for their lack of "whatever", by "ANONYMOUSLY" knocking you down and telling you that they know what's best for you. Really? It's sad actually...
I guess it's an easier way for them to feel better about themselves because they are just not courageous or motivated enough to do the hard work.

I suggest that you snowflakes give up on the "fake news" and go back to your safe spaces because...

"WOLVES DONT LOSE SLEEP OVER THE OPINIONS OF SHEEP"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SOME DADS' HOBBIES ARE THEIR KIDS!!!
Imagine a dad being able to help guide his child through many of the valuable life lessons that today's adolescents are not learning at their schools by their educators and coaches.
Competitive Sports and academics are FUN and fantastic ways to teach kids about:
-setting goals, then working hard to achieve them.
-learning there are no shortcuts to success.
-Time + Energy + Willingness can lead to success.
-knowing where your strengths and weaknesses lie and understanding how to make your weaknesses your strengths.
-learning about good nutrition and diet and recognizing that a healthy body and mind are important
-learning to be a good leader (and follower)
-becoming a "coachable" player, "teachable" student, "respected" teammate
-learning to control your emotions while being able to push to your own personal limits
-understanding that success requires sacrifice
-learning that life isn't always fair
-understanding that no one is perfect (parent or child), so mistakes will undoubtedly be made and that is ok. Learn from them.
MOST OF ALL: recognizing that there will always be those in life who are not as determined to put in the same hard work that you are in order to achieve your personal goals and many of those same jealous people (and their children) will undoubtedly try to make-up for their lack of "whatever", by "ANONYMOUSLY" knocking you down and telling you that they know what's best for you. Really? It's sad actually...
I guess it's an easier way for them to feel better about themselves because they are just not courageous or motivated enough to do the hard work.

I suggest that you snowflakes give up on the "fake news" and go back to your safe spaces because...

"WOLVES DONT LOSE SLEEP OVER THE OPINIONS OF SHEEP"

The first line says it all. Your kid should not be your hobby. Parent of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry you feel that way. It was nice of you however, to prove the previous poster's point for him/her.
Here is a nicely written article that I found with a simple google search. There are likely many more great reads but this one seems to hit the gist of it. Please check it out if you get a chance. Your kids will thank you.

http://www.encouragingdads.com/2016/02/daddies-daughters-making-your-kids-a-hobby/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the way to MD to play in summer challeng with no competition. Was this really necessary? We won, what a waste of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the way to MD to play in summer challeng with no competition. Was this really necessary? We won, what a waste of time.

Do you mean 'Summer Showcase'? Who did you end up playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did you beat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This must be a Team Elevate 2021 Blue parent. Well they Played two Prime Time teams tied one and won by one goal, no competition right. They also played a Phantastix 2021 White team won easily and PA Express 2021 Orange won easily. No top team was there, no middle tier teams were there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This must be a Team Elevate 2021 Blue parent. Well they Played two Prime Time teams tied one and won by one goal, no competition right. They also played a Phantastix 2021 White team won easily and PA Express 2021 Orange won easily. No top team was there, no middle tier teams were there.

Did they play any Maryland teams? All the way to Maryland and you did not get to play any Maryland teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they play any Maryland teams? All the way to Maryland and you did not get to play any Maryland teams.

Elevate 2021 played the top MD teams and went undefeated! This is a very strong group from Long Island. Not sure there will be a whole lot of competition this summer. Hoping there will be more competition in MA this summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate 2021 played the top MD teams and went undefeated! This is a very strong group from Long Island. Not sure there will be a whole lot of competition this summer. Hoping there will be more competition in MA this summer!

Top MD teams! Wow! How did you do against M&D? Sky Walkers? Hero's? Is Capital/Stars as good as advertised? Please fill us in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Noticed YJA is duckiing all the top teams this coming weekend? Driving all the way to PA to play Liberty? No Hereos, SW or M&D? I get it's a showcase but is CR that insecure about this age group? At least we know where the college coaches won't be standing.

Page 32 of 44 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard