BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 79 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once was a phenomenal pole himself. Going through some tough times right now but both he and the HC could use a fresh start and wish them well. I have a sneaking suspicion that Episcopal will soon be in the elite ranks, nationally.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Once was a phenomenal pole himself. Going through some tough times right now but both he and the HC could use a fresh start and wish them well. I have a sneaking suspicion that Episcopal will soon be in the elite ranks, nationally.
Not easy to do with Haverford and Malvern in your back yard. Coed also so makes it tough when you are pulling from half the # of kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree about once being a phenomenal pole, and furthermore his knowledge of the game is in the elite category. Just concerned about how many bridges he has burned and players and parents not wanting to send their children there because of him. He was ran out of town at DEast because of the parents and the issues they had with his ethics etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Former HC of Princeton isn't that the ultimate prize for any kid going to an elite prep school and I wouldn't hold the cover against them look at their basketball teams. Bates deserves a second chance and I am in his corner

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed the co-ed thing is a non issue if they want to be truly elite they will recruit the kids OMG have you ever been on campus I wish I had the $$ to send my son there to play lacrosse it is an unbelievable campus what does it cost to go there ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EA could be elite, however the school is driven by academics first and athletics second. If you can't meet their academic standards, then you will have a hard time getting in no matter how good of a lacrosse player you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nxt box tourney predictions

HS AA - Everest Academy Varsity
HS A - Everest Academy JV
2021 - Ottawa Capitals
2022 - Annapolis Hawks (toss up in this division though)
2023 - 91 Bandits (either color)
2024 - Brotherly Love

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 - Ottawa Capitals
2024 - Brotherly Love

HS AA - Everest over Penn Lax 14-6
HS A - 91 Crush over Everest in finals 7-6
2021 - TriState over PennLax 6-3 (Ottawa capitals 0-4)
2022 - 91md over Hawks 13-9
2023 - ? - three 91s and BL in brackets but no results? BL lost to 91 blue earlier 5-4
2024 - 91md over BL 8-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 - Ottawa Capitals
2024 - Brotherly Love

2023 - ? - three 91s and BL in brackets but no results? BL lost to 91 blue earlier 5-4
2024 - 91md over BL 8-7

2023- bandits v bandits in the final. No game played. Beat BL and Warriors by a bunch in the semis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 - Ottawa Capitals
2024 - Brotherly Love

2024 - 91md over BL 8-7

2023- bandits v bandits in the final. No game played. Beat BL and Warriors by a bunch in the semis.

Bandits 4-0
Bandits 4-0
Warriors 3-1
Brotherly Love 2-2

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Bandits and the B team in the finals. Not a great showing for Philly lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually 1/2 bandits played and handily beat B team. Other 1/2 Bandit team beat up BL by a large margin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you expect otherwise? 9/1 is 100% committed to the box game and Philly teams are not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits beat BL 14-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Bandits and the B team in the finals. Not a great showing for Philly lacrosse.

Wow! It's almost like you have no idea who the Bandits and the "B" team are. Check out some of the predictions in earlier posts and the rationale for those predictions. If you think this box tournament was a representation of Philly lacrosse, think again. Just curious, are you from L.I.? Or, do you have an issue with Philly lacrosse and maybe one team in particular? Either way, your comment is meaningless. How did your team represent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Canada, LI, and MD - no surprises

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits beat BL 14-5

12-4 but whose counting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bandits are an excellent team; their skills are top notch and reflective of the amount of time they invest in the game at such a young age. I watched the Brotherly Love vs Bandits (split squad) which Bandits won 5-4 and I have to say that BL looked awful, they looked like a field team trying to play box and didn't even put a shot on goal until 7 minutes had expired. That's embarrassing. Now that being said here was the difference in the two teams.
Bandits: Elite stick skills and precision execution of the box game.
Brotherly Love: No clue on how to play box but clearly the more athletic and faster team. They had 3-4 kids that looked like attack type skill sets, the rest shouldn't be playing box and were obviously defenseman or middies used to running by people to get their goals.

However "Gloating Parent" from Long Island what does strike me about the 91 Bandits is very little speed and athleticism and a ton of undersized kids. The reality is the insane amount of time and money invested into youth lacrosse will yield very little return for the majority of you. Sure there may be a Connor Cannizzaro amongst the Bandit Team but I didn't see him if there was. If BL 2023 is the best Philly Team and my understanding is they are they are clearly the more athletic team and at the end of they day individual kids on BL will eventually catch the 91 kids and ultimately have more successful lacrosse careers. I don't doubt that 91 players will go on and have success; however, the majority of them will end up as burnt out college kids reminiscing about their glory days from when they were in 5th and 6th grade. You are kidding yourself if you think the undersized kids that I saw are going to be able to play collegiate lacrosse at a D1 Level. The Jordan Wolf's and the Joey Sankeys are the minority, size matters.
But in fairness Kudos to the 91 teams and their brand. They have done a remarkable job in developing skillsets and elevating the you game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bandits are an excellent team; their skills are top notch and reflective of the amount of time they invest in the game at such a young age. I watched the Brotherly Love vs Bandits (split squad) which Bandits won 5-4 and I have to say that BL looked awful, they looked like a field team trying to play box and didn't even put a shot on goal until 7 minutes had expired. That's embarrassing. Now that being said here was the difference in the two teams.
Brotherly Love: No clue on how to play box but clearly the more athletic and faster team. They had 3-4 kids that looked like attack type skill sets, the rest shouldn't be playing box and were obviously defenseman or middies used to running by people to get their goals.

However "Gloating Parent" from Long Island what does strike me about the 91 Bandits is very little speed and athleticism and a ton of undersized kids. The reality is the insane amount of time and money invested into youth lacrosse will yield very little return for the majority of you. Sure there may be a Connor Cannizzaro amongst the Bandit Team but I didn't see him if there was. If BL 2023 is the best Philly Team and my understanding is they are they are clearly the more athletic team and at the end of they day individual kids on BL will eventually catch the 91 kids and ultimately have more successful lacrosse careers. I don't doubt that 91 players will go on and have success; however, the majority of them will end up as burnt out college kids reminiscing about their glory days from when they were in 5th and 6th grade. You are kidding yourself if you think the undersized kids that I saw are going to be able to play collegiate lacrosse at a D1 Level. The Jordan Wolf's and the Joey Sankeys are the minority, size matters.
But in fairness Kudos to the 91 teams and their brand. They have done a remarkable job in developing skillsets and elevating the you game.

Overall, a reasonably good assessment. I don't think it's accurate to say that BL was "awful". You are correct to say that BL looks like a field team trying to play box. The fact is, that's exactly what they are. Comparatively speaking, they've had very little play time and even less practice time. Despite those facts, they lost by one point to one Bandit team and they scored more points and allowed fewer goals when they played the other. Both Bandits teams have CONSIDERABLY more practice and experience in box. BL wasn't awful, just inexperienced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They looked awful. Players running around with 5 seconds left oblivious to the shot clock, the subbing looked like a Chinese Firedrill, Poles playing offense that looked like they were uncomfortable with a short stick, no picks, no pick and slips, no back door cuts, and middie "types" trying to do alley dodges. But they were fast. The one kid ran down a 91 kid and took his arm off like a cheetah chasing down a zebra on the Serengeti....but overall their box game looked awful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They looked awful. Players running around with 5 seconds left oblivious to the shot clock, the subbing looked like a Chinese Firedrill, Poles playing offense that looked like they were uncomfortable with a short stick, no picks, no pick and slips, no back door cuts, and middie "types" trying to do alley dodges. But they were fast. The one kid ran down a 91 kid and took his arm off like a cheetah chasing down a zebra on the Serengeti....but overall their box game looked awful.

Amazing they looked awful and made top 4...and were a few very questionable calls in game one against 91 Blue from going 3-0 in pool play.
If they are awful what are all the other teams not named Bandits?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truly awful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truly awful

There you go....another positive voice in youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wonderful back handed compliment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least he/she understands lacrosse not like most of these fools which includes most youth coaches and parents that can see what REALLY is going on out on the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wonderful back handed compliment.

And how much will it pay off for you ultra athletic on the rise superstars? Coach already promising your payoff in the way of full rides? You have a long way to go in a full field game against those slow pokes. And this is coming from a li guy who hates 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your a jerkoff. Tons and tons of undersized kids doing very well in college lacrosse. Grant ament. Is five foot 9. 6 goals on Saturday. That said all the big kids can gladly take spots on Syracuse taking basket weaving and underwater fire prevention while the smaller kids fill up the Nescac schools and actually come out of college employable beyond coaching lacrosse at the newest travel programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read this I don't thinks it's a backhanded compliment at all, but more a realistic view of the new landscape of lacrosse. Our local public high school has only 2 kids starting under 6ft tall. Like all sports the athletes are getting bigger, faster and stronger. The good thing is the game is exploading in popularity and the natural evolution is the 5'7 130 pound kids will start to be weeded out at the higher levels much faster than in the past...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your a jerkoff. Tons and tons of undersized kids doing very well in college lacrosse. Grant ament. Is five foot 9. 6 goals on Saturday. That said all the big kids can gladly take spots on Syracuse taking basket weaving and underwater fire prevention while the smaller kids fill up the Nescac schools and actually come out of college employable beyond coaching lacrosse at the newest travel programs

I am going to guess you are about 5ft 5 inches....struck a nerve. Listen "Mighty Mite" in the future if you are going to cite a small player I would recommend not trotting out a Philly kid like Grant Ament to make your point. You should have regurgitated Connor Cannizzaro or is the list of small stars perhaps that short...Well anyhoo like the original guy state...and he is correct the numbers don't lie big and fast will always prevail, there are always exceptions as the Philly kid that you cited demonstrates. Nobody was talking about employment or pounding their chests about their curriculum vitae...easy little guy take a deep breath.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You Clearly didn't watch the Bandit Orange team play! If you were looking for that speed it was with the orange team. They took our kids to the shed. Blowing by our boys. As our coaches were subbing at the wrong time Bandits Orange was running perfectly executed breaks The Orange Bandit team was at a different level than I've seen in this age group. It was the first thing my son said after the game. Tremendous skill and athleticism

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You Clearly didn't watch the Bandit Orange team play! If you were looking for that speed it was with the orange team. They took our kids to the shed. Blowing by our boys. As our coaches were subbing at the wrong time Bandits Orange was running perfectly executed breaks The Orange Bandit team was at a different level than I've seen in this age group. It was the first thing my son said after the game. Tremendous skill and athleticism

Can't argue with that. If the Bandits are at a tournament, parity didn't show up. With a seemingly unlimited amount of resources and a commitment to exploiting them the Bandits ensure a lopsided and boring game more often than not. But, while your kids team gets crushed, consider the financial and time resources and sacrifices those families and kids make to be the best. I'm not sure it's worth it and I question whether or not it's the childhood all of those boys want. I think I'm OK with what my team is doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orange, the little lax cyborgs from a galaxy far far away.They made the Bandit team of another color look like mere mortals. No doubt the Bandit Orange team was constructed to deliver the championship while the other Bandits and Warriors cleaned up the crumbs. I wonder how much play time the kids on the other Bandits squad gets when they head outdoors. So even within its own ranks, one stacked orange team is in a different league. When you distill an already great team down like this, add a MLL and D1 lacrosse coach, put a goalie in front of the net the size of Mt. Rushmore etc., the end result is a bad experience for kids on both sides. Just watch the Bandit kids yawn after their next win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen. If the goal is to be the best youth lacrosse player in middle school they are unparalleled but it seems to me their teams are not as dominant at the high school level. Do the kids move on, do they get burned out, does the club not focus on older boys just curious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen. If the goal is to be the best youth lacrosse player in middle school they are unparalleled but it seems to me their teams are not as dominant at the high school level. Do the kids move on, do they get burned out, does the club not focus on older boys just curious.

You should see this Coaches older team Absolutely incredible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9d1's 2018,19,20,21 teams are all top 5 teams in the country for their respective year groups. The 2020 team arguably one best teams in youth lacrosse history.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9d1's 2018,19,20,21 teams are all top 5 teams in the country for their respective year groups. The 2020 team arguably one best teams in youth lacrosse history.

Top 5 in the country is very respectable, but to the point of the other poster, it is not as dominant as the 2023 team. Seemed like a reasonable question to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how often they are practicing. That kind of precision has to be driven by a lot of practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how often they are practicing. That kind of precision has to be driven by a lot of practice.

I talked to a few of the parents and they said 2x a week and play every weekend. The kids play other sports but lacrosse always comes 1st. I can't see how this won't burn 90% of them out by the time they reach HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 5 in the country is very respectable, but to the point of the other poster, it is not as dominant as the 2023 team. Seemed like a reasonable question to me.

Bueller?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their players stop playing club after they commit to college. On LI, the HS completion is very strong. Clubs are used as a vehicle for college recruitment. Once they commit, the club had set bed its purpose. Some stay on, but the majority don't.

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 79 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard