BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 86 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax FOGO from Episcopal is repeating 9th grade. Yep, you read that right. NINTH grade. That would go in the ridiculous column as far as holdbacks go.

At least the Mater Dei >> Prep/Landon crowd repeats in 8th grade. 9th grade? Come On Man.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you say the position, High School and club team its ok. You should just go ahead and put his address and full name. I get you do not like holdbacks but this is a kid no matter how old he is now. I wish you would write back with your full name and your sons club and high school. You can just put his position and grad year and we will figure it out who he is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax FOGO from Episcopal is repeating 9th grade. Yep, you read that right. NINTH grade. That would go in the ridiculous column as far as holdbacks go.

At least the Mater Dei >> Prep/Landon crowd repeats in 8th grade. 9th grade? Come On Man.

Repeating for athletic advantage is unethical at any age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is 9th grade so different from 8th and what about the toon of kids who PG??! Seriously talk about something more important. When you play at the HS level or college level your not on age base or grade base programs anymore -...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you say the position, High School and club team its ok. You should just go ahead and put his address and full name. I get you do not like holdbacks but this is a kid no matter how old he is now. I wish you would write back with your full name and your sons club and high school. You can just put his position and grad year and we will figure it out who he is!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delusional response

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's what going on:

Madlax sent their 11th and best 10th grade team to the NXT tournament and the team went 0-3-1, outscored 43-27.

Madlax sent their 9th/10th team to a tournament in OHIO, put them in the B bracket and the team went 0-4, outscored 45-24.

Madlax sent their 7th/8th team to the same tournament in OHIO and they went 1-3. Team was outscored 34-13 (winning their only game by 1 goal).

Those 3 teams went a combined 1-10-1 and was outscored 122-64. At Madlax's own tournament last month, they went 7-5 103-98.

Madlax charges $1275 for this experience as says their box program is one of the strongest in the US.

Wow. LOL.

Update: their 6th grade team went to the Philadelphia tournament as well. They went 0-4. They were outscored 39-11.

So for the Madlax box tournament season, the one that they claim is one of the best in the Nation, they went a combined 1-14-1 and were outscored 142-109.

This is not their rec box league. This is their program that they charge each kid $1275. Money well spent. It seems like the quality of their program is really plummeting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more holdbacks than anyone, including the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is nothing. The St. Stephen's FOGO is also a Madlax kid. was a freshman at a VA public school, but he repeated 9th at St. Stephen's.

Par for the course for Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am no fan of Madlax, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Neither the Madlax teams that participated in the local box league, nor
the "Northstars" teams are Madlax field teams. They are a mixture of players that do not play on Madlax teams in the spring and summer as well as players from the Madlax A and B Teams. To infer anything about the Madlax program based on box results
is misinformed at best.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News Flash: Authorities agree that rehab didn't work for TRIG!

Obvious that he has a lot of time on his hands...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of these kids making visits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when you were listening to that family's conversation about whether or not for their son to go away to an academically challenging boarding-only high school, did they explain to you all the factors that went into repeating 9th grade?

Plus, it's high school ball. The only classes are Varsity and JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Episcopal is grades 9-12 moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's amazing how many families that Madlax is controlling by making their kids holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am no fan of Madlax, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Neither the Madlax teams that participated in the local box league, nor
the "Northstars" teams are Madlax field teams. They are a mixture of players that do not play on Madlax teams in the spring and summer as well as players from the Madlax A and B Teams. To infer anything about the Madlax program based on box results
is misinformed at best.

On the Madlax page, they say "Capital North Stars are now recognized as one of the strongest program (sic) in the US".

If I read that and plunked down $1275, I would be pretty upset with a combined 1-14-1 and being outscored 142-109.

I talked to a friend and he is not pleased with the quality of the program or coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coaching is so over rated at Madlax kids right out of college have no idea how to deal with kids and parents...Wait they don't talk to parents...but they CASH YOUR CHECK.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you paid to complain?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be tryout time again for Blackwolf or VLC. Posters have no idea what they are talking about

Anyone have something productive to add?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be tryout time again for Blackwolf or VLC. Posters have no idea what they are talking about

BW and VLC had their tryouts in the fall. Madlax is the only one that has tryouts throughout the year to replace kids who've left.

How about addressing how their box program went 1-10-1? Do you really think that's worth $1275?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BW and VLC had their tryouts in the fall. Madlax is the only one that has tryouts throughout the year to replace kids who've left.

How about addressing how their box program went 1-10-1? Do you really think that's worth $1275?

VLC and (what's left of) Blackwolf kids thought it was...if they make Madlax teams this Spring/Summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is happy that the BOX team went 1-10-1 but please name one program that is even trying to put box teams together to play up north in these real box tournaments. You would have a point it VLC and BW or 3D had a NOVA,DC or southern MD team but they do not. So yes they did not do well but that is more on the local talent not buying into Box lacrosse and its value. Not on Madlax for offering it. Step one get invited to the best or close to the best box tournaments this step is complete. Step two have the best players sign up and play this step has not been completed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just stating Facts...revolving door of coaches no communication with parents or players. Its about the money with madlax that CASE is BS...just the facts...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just stating Facts...revolving door of coaches no communication with parents or players. Its about the money with madlax that CASE is BS...just the facts...

Yes you are correct Madlax does not baby and tell you, You are great every day. They do their best to put the best players in the best tournaments and games at all times. No matter what your last name is or where you go to school. You can argue about the Blue/second teams at each grade level as money makers. This is correct. But the Capital/top teams are all worth the money and you can really not argue with the results. If you want to argue that its the player not the club that gets the kid a D1 spot then you should just play rec and school ball for free or really cheap and not play BW,VLC or Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Junior was a benchwarmer...just the facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the 2017 version of youth sports. The coaches need to talk and make the parents happy. Why? The coach does not spend one on one time with my kid? Did your son ask the coach a question or ask for extra help with a skill or play? My son has been taught to speak up for himself and has always asked questions and got extra instruction from all his Madlax coaches.
And to to think a good club coach/owner needs to lie and over hype your son to a college coach from a team he does not feel he has the skill to play for. Why do you think this is what you are paying for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
starter...fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is such crap. Club and private schools are for the parents. If you saved the money from private school and club then you would no need a scholarship to college. The ROI on the money, if invested correctly, would more than pay for one of the great schools. Sports does teach important life lessons but parents and money making clubs have cause youth sports to go into the toilet. I guess Proverbs 14,15 had it right, “a fool and his money are soon parted.” His motto is: “Don't confuse me with the facts; I have my own opinions.” In fact, the fool delights in airing his opinions. If challenged on his opinions, he is often quick to lose his temper. His hard-headed.

Truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes you are correct Madlax does not baby and tell you, You are great every day. They do their best to put the best players in the best tournaments and games at all times. No matter what your last name is or where you go to school. You can argue about the Blue/second teams at each grade level as money makers. This is correct. But the Capital/top teams are all worth the money and you can really not argue with the results. If you want to argue that its the player not the club that gets the kid a D1 spot then you should just play rec and school ball for free or really cheap and not play BW,VLC or Madlax.

Madlad has excellent 2018 and 2019 team. The other teams are trending downwards. As for your "the best players play", that is the same at BW, VLC or any other legitimate club. Not a differentiator for Madlax.

You admit the B teams are there just for money. So that contradicts your assetion that Madlax is not about the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did this program really designate some teams as AAA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did this program really designate some teams as AAA?

Teams do this to show these teams enter the best of the best tournaments. Its marketing. And once again the top three clubs are VLC,Madlax and BW. In no real order. Madlax cost the most but they play/practice the most this is a fact. Any of the three is a fine option. I tell people to look at all three see were your son fits in the best plays the most. Your son has to earn the D1 spot with his play on the field. All three of these teams will put him on the correct field. As DMV parents we are fools for bashing any of these three clubs. There are more then 60 stud players at each grad year in the DMV area so we should support and push kids to these top three teams. I would argue that the talent does drop off at the 61 to 80 number for true great to really good players. But what is best for the area is to have the true top 60 playing for these 3 top teams. Not spread out over 4 to 6 teams. This does not help anyone's kid from this top 60 players group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will tell you this, Madlax alone will not get you to D1. What they will do is get you looked at. If you pull up the roster of any top 20 D1 lacrosse team they are full of private schools not public. In order too be looked at you have to have everything including Private School and Elite Club. To prove my point show me one early commit prior to 9th grade that goes to public school. All clubs have ups and downs but as a prior Madlax parent they are expensive but worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is such crap. Club and private schools are for the parents. If you saved the money from private school and club then you would no need a scholarship to college. The ROI on the money, if invested correctly, would more than pay for one of the great schools. Sports does teach important life lessons but parents and money making clubs have cause youth sports to go into the toilet. I guess Proverbs 14,15 had it right, �a fool and his money are soon parted.� His motto is: �Don't confuse me with the facts; I have my own opinions.� In fact, the fool delights in airing his opinions. If challenged on his opinions, he is often quick to lose his temper. His hard-headed.

Truth.

Guess your kid didn't get into private school and was cut from club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will tell you this, Madlax alone will not get you to D1. What they will do is get you looked at. If you pull up the roster of any top 20 D1 lacrosse team they are full of private schools not public. In order too be looked at you have to have everything including Private School and Elite Club. To prove my point show me one early commit prior to 9th grade that goes to public school. All clubs have ups and downs but as a prior Madlax parent they are expensive but worth it.

Is this worth it?

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this worth it?

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

For the love of god this is so so old at this point. His 5 year prison sentence is over. This kid is what a Sr. or a freshman in college at this point. Once again this story leaves out the emails sent to the Madlax owner its only one side of the story. Please show me a email like these from 2015 to 2017? Move on sir. Move on How long is Trigs prison sentence for H2O gate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are from Philly and have played against Cabell. Nice enough guy and quality coach. Would agree, all of us make mistakes in life and have less than shining moments. Look at Bates from Princeton, and he just started as HC for Episcooal Academy down the street from us. Sure he wishes he could take but what he did in an ill advised moment....but wish him nothing but success.

I would disagree with the private school pre-requisite for top DI schools. The #2 recruit in the country (recently bumped from #1 from Bubba reclassifying) is from a public school and so was Michael Sowers Princeton, USA U19 Team, and all around elite player. The kid from his team Rapine that just started at Hopkins is also a public school kid. The trend while definitely historical is definitely seeing a seismic shift as the game gains popularity. These are just Philly kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are from Philly and have played against Cabell. Nice enough guy and quality coach. Would agree, all of us make mistakes in life and have less than shining moments. Look at Bates from Princeton, and he just started as HC for Episcooal Academy down the street from us. Sure he wishes he could take but what he did in an ill advised moment....but wish him nothing but success.

I would disagree with the private school pre-requisite for top DI schools. The #2 recruit in the country (recently bumped from #1 from Bubba reclassifying) is from a public school and so was Michael Sowers Princeton, USA U19 Team, and all around elite player. The kid from his team Rapine that just started at Hopkins is also a public school kid. The trend while definitely historical is definitely seeing a seismic shift as the game gains popularity. These are just Philly kids.

LOL. You must be from Philly if you think the Madlax owner is a nice guy. Ask college coaches what they think of him.

As for a "5 year sentence", that is funny. It is far from the 1st or last time he has threatened his own clients.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I judge people from my interaction with them and not on hearsay. Sure that email has become part of youth lacrosse lore and certainly an unflattering portrayal of him. But as a bystander from the outside looking in there seems to be a bit of an agenda to denigrate...why the animosity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the media coverage of H2O Gate? Has anyone looked into the REAL reason that Trig was let go at SJC? That's current news! Madlax perking along, teams actually got stronger after that story came out.

It remains to be seen if BW will even exist. Players leaving in droves. Coach cant keep a HS job for 3 months. No reasonable parent would let their kid play for Trig after SJC and H2O gate.

Do your homework...SJC AD wishes he had!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I judge people from my interaction with them and not on hearsay. Sure that email has become part of youth lacrosse lore and certainly an unflattering portrayal of him. But as a bystander from the outside looking in there seems to be a bit of an agenda to denigrate...why the animosity?

Not heresay. We got the same treatment. Our friends did as well. They had an older son who was happy with Madlax, but the younger one wanted a change. He kicked the older one out as well during a crucial time.

Like Reply Quote
Page 66 of 86 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard