BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 65 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 64 65
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is really your come back, Zone defense? Have you not watched them play in the past 4 years. Why don't you go watch some D-1 teams play today and this weekend and see how many of them play ZONE DEFENSE ! That might be the lamest remark on here. I hope your team plays man to man against them the entire game . Clueless is that remark-

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please play man to man on API and the Hawks ..Both teams will burn you with their cutters...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is really your come back, Zone defense? Have you not watched them play in the past 4 years. Why don't you go watch some D-1 teams play today and this weekend and see how many of them play ZONE DEFENSE ! That might be the lamest remark on here. I hope your team plays man to man against them the entire game . Clueless is that remark-

I agree. Teams should be playing a combination of both during the course of a game. Zones don't need to sit back, they can be aggressive and press out to put pressure on the offense.

Players should be taught to play both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please play man to man on API and the Hawks ..Both teams will burn you with their cutters...

API not the same team from last year. Hawks got better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Api only lost one player from last year and pick up some good players for this years team . API will better this year but we will see what happens .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good match up this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame vs. Maryland and UNC vs. Denver

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah blah
Do the moms and dads from the old team lime green still wear the neck lanyards of precious?
Lots of great chatter from the opposing teams.
Priceless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any good preseason scrimmages this weekend. Season is right around the corner. Looks like good teams and match ups in all divisions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
March kickoff invitational schedule is out

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is that played at?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is that played at?

Potomac Md

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the word on the matchups this weekend? Everyone is so quiet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda looked good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API undefeated and looked real good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the FCA 2022 players are either 12 or 13. They're just that good!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
👍

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API undefeated and looked real good.

Who they play? any team with a winning record?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
March Kickoff Invitational results

5 - Cannons 2022
5 - Club Blue 2022
----------------------------
3 - Team Carolina 2022
11 - Madlax Capital 2022
10 - Next Level 2022 Blue
5 - 3D Mid-Atlantic 2022
12 - API Diamondbacks 2022
2 - Cannons 2022
11 - BLC 2022 Blue
0 - Tri-State 2022
4 - 3D Mid-Atlantic 2022
8 - Team Carolina 2022
8 - BLC 2022 Blue
5 - Madlax Capital 2022
7 - Next Level 2022 Blue
5 - Club Blue 2022
3 - 3D Mid-Atlantic 2022
13 - API Diamondbacks 2022
4 - Cannons 2022
4 - Tri-State 2022
7 - API Diamondbacks 2022
5 - Club Blue 2022
8 - BLC 2022 Blue
4 - Team Carolina 2022
6 - Next Level 2022 Blue
5 - Tri-State 2022

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the FCA 2022 players are either 12 or 13. They're just that good!!!!

In 2016 they were. Now they are 13/14.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
March Kickoff Invitational results

5 - Cannons 2022
5 - Club Blue 2022
3 - Team Carolina 2022
11 - Madlax Capital 2022
10 - Next Level 2022 Blue
5 - 3D Mid-Atlantic 2022
12 - API Diamondbacks 2022
2 - Cannons 2022
11 - BLC 2022 Blue
0 - Tri-State 2022
4 - 3D Mid-Atlantic 2022
8 - Team Carolina 2022
8 - BLC 2022 Blue
5 - Madlax Capital 2022
7 - Next Level 2022 Blue
5 - Club Blue 2022
3 - 3D Mid-Atlantic 2022
13 - API Diamondbacks 2022
4 - Cannons 2022
4 - Tri-State 2022
7 - API Diamondbacks 2022
5 - Club Blue 2022
8 - BLC 2022 Blue
4 - Team Carolina 2022
6 - Next Level 2022 Blue
5 - Tri-State 2022

Why did API play all those B level teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didnt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo schedule is up. Who has the easiest schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite is very strong all around. Not sure anyone as an 'Easy" schedule. All very good teams and a lot of hard hitters facing each other right out of the gate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 4 Predictions

I have :

RR
API
Team 91
Hawks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks look to have an easy path

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks look to have an easy path

According to your power rankings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a hawk parent but how can anyone say anyone has an easy path? There hasn't been a game played yet. Schedule looks pretty tough all around. It also looks like API vs Hawks first game surely doesn't seem easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite is very strong all around. Not sure anyone as an 'Easy" schedule. All very good teams and a lot of hard hitters facing each other right out of the gate.

Yup, that is just what youth lacrosse needs lot of hard hitters. Haven't you noticed that lacrosse is trying to take this kind of mentality out of the game. Officials are instructed to look to this kind of behavior and to toss the flag every time they see it. I realize and appreciate that lacrosse is a contact sport, but not to the level and extent that it encourages or promotes hard hits. This is true for all levels. from Div 1 college down to the youngest youth level. Kids at this level need to work on stick skills, teamwork and improving their lacrosse IQ, not going around playing like a Neanderthal. I have been an official for over 10 years and do games at the Div 1 level and I do and will continue to penalize anyone acting like this. There are certain teams that seem to promote this kind of behavior, even at the youth level and all officals know who they are and look for it in every game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, that is just what youth lacrosse needs lot of hard hitters. Haven't you noticed that lacrosse is trying to take this kind of mentality out of the game. Officials are instructed to look to this kind of behavior and to toss the flag every time they see it. I realize and appreciate that lacrosse is a contact sport, but not to the level and extent that it encourages or promotes hard hits. This is true for all levels. from Div 1 college down to the youngest youth level. Kids at this level need to work on stick skills, teamwork and improving their lacrosse IQ, not going around playing like a Neanderthal. I have been an official for over 10 years and do games at the Div 1 level and I do and will continue to penalize anyone acting like this. There are certain teams that seem to promote this kind of behavior, even at the youth level and all officals know who they are and look for it in every game.

Jeez.... I think he meant heavy hitters or top teams. Relax ref.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard legal body checks are very much a part of the game. If you were a ref, you would know that "hard" is not a parameter for determining the legality of a body check in lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'hard hitters' was not meant as teams purposely out to hurt and play with intent to hurt. It was meant has very good physical teams play each other on the first day. Sorry you took it that way and felt the need to rant on because you are a referee. I have never seen any team at this level out to purposely or promote Neanderthal behavior.Does it occasionally happen yes but to state that on this forum that it is promoted is a stab at all the hard work and dedication that the players and coaches put into a season. Congratulations on being a D-1 level ref. Yes, every parent on this thread and at the 2022 elite level has noticed and promotes the safety of all lacrosse players.They are big advocates supporters of Safety in this sport. Being a referee doesn't make you the authority on this matter.Stating that certain teams promote this behavior makes me very suspect on your ability to call a fair game. Very good lacrosse IQ and very good and well respected coaches teaches our boys good lacrosse. I hope you and your counter parts this year will do a better job of calling these games because the past few years it has been mediocre at best. I hope you are putting as much time mastering your job as the Coaches and players have put in to play good lacrosse. In case you haven't noticed-
Look forward to heckling you on the side line this year. Cheers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 4 Predictions

I have :

RR
API
Team 91
Hawks

The 3 least competitive teams from last year have dropped down (3D, Cannons, & Storm) and Next Level has joined. Possibly any team with Next Level will have an easy game since they were knocked out of the lower division playoffs last year by Thunder. Other than that, all schedules look tough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It sounds like HoCo may be clamping down some of the language and hits this year:

We will not be instituting new rules for contact during game play, but referees are being instructed to call games stricter and tighter with the rules we do have in place.

The league also has the ability to hand down discipline to a player or coach whenever necessary.

PLAYER / COACH / SPECTATOR CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINARY ACTION

If the game officials hear any use of foul language on or off the field during the game, the team will be given a 1 minute to 3 minute full time penalty. Repeated use of foul language will result in an ejection.

Game officials will not tolerate any form of taunting by players. Anyone who strikes, shoves, pushes, bumps or otherwise physically threatens an official or a member of his/her team or any other team shall automatically be suspended from all Department sponsored activities. All suspensions will be reported to the Mid-Atlantic Recreation & Sports Alliance, and will carry to all jurisdictions that participate in MARPSA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It sounds like HoCo may be clamping down some of the language and hits this year:

We will not be instituting new rules for contact during game play, but referees are being instructed to call games stricter and tighter with the rules we do have in place.

The league also has the ability to hand down discipline to a player or coach whenever necessary.

PLAYER / COACH / SPECTATOR CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINARY ACTION

If the game officials hear any use of foul language on or off the field during the game, the team will be given a 1 minute to 3 minute full time penalty. Repeated use of foul language will result in an ejection.

Game officials will not tolerate any form of taunting by players. Anyone who strikes, shoves, pushes, bumps or otherwise physically threatens an official or a member of his/her team or any other team shall automatically be suspended from all Department sponsored activities. All suspensions will be reported to the Mid-Atlantic Recreation & Sports Alliance, and will carry to all jurisdictions that participate in MARPSA.

None of that is new.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard legal body checks are very much a part of the game. If you were a ref, you would know that "hard" is not a parameter for determining the legality of a body check in lacrosse.

I'm not a ref but that is where you are wrong. Lacrosse is trying to take the excessive physical hit out of the game. A player taking a 10 or 15 foot run at an opponent and then leveling him will immediately draw a penalty and it should. There are some in the lacrosse world who think this is like ice hockey and the hits should/could be the same. They are not, in lacrosse players are not nearly protected by gear as hockey. Back in the 60's and 70's it wasn't played like that and somehow as lacrosse grew in popularity the "extra" hard hit began to occur and the fans seems to cheer this kind of behavior. Lacrosse officials and rule committees are backing away from this behavior and will call closer games and give a penalty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Hard legal excessive body checks will definitely be called. This is what lacrosse wants out of the game and will call games much tighter and if it happens you get penalized.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'hard hitters' was not meant as teams purposely out to hurt and play with intent to hurt. It was meant has very good physical teams play each other on the first day. Sorry you took it that way and felt the need to rant on because you are a referee. I have never seen any team at this level out to purposely or promote Neanderthal behavior.Does it occasionally happen yes but to state that on this forum that it is promoted is a stab at all the hard work and dedication that the players and coaches put into a season. Congratulations on being a D-1 level ref. Yes, every parent on this thread and at the 2022 elite level has noticed and promotes the safety of all lacrosse players.They are big advocates supporters of Safety in this sport. Being a referee doesn't make you the authority on this matter.Stating that certain teams promote this behavior makes me very suspect on your ability to call a fair game. Very good lacrosse IQ and very good and well respected coaches teaches our boys good lacrosse. I hope you and your counter parts this year will do a better job of calling these games because the past few years it has been mediocre at best. I hope you are putting as much time mastering your job as the Coaches and players have put in to play good lacrosse. In case you haven't noticed-
Look forward to heckling you on the side line this year. Cheers

You are wrong about certain teams promoting these type of hits. The refs, other coaches and involved parents know who they are and watch very carefully when they play. Refs do call a very fair game when one of these teams play but they also have the responsibility to protect the players on the other team. We can always use more refs as the game is expanding. Why don't you look into becoming a ref, you seem to feel you have the ability to criticize how refs call games in the past few years. Do you think you can do better? Try it sometime and see how much of a challenge it is, especially as the kids get older and the game moves faster. Don't forget, refs also put in a lot of time, many meetings before the season starts and all of the games throughout the spring/summer and fall. If you feel good about yourself heckling refs, have at it but don't take it too far or you just may winds up not just out of the game area but out of the entire facility area. You have no idea how many times refs, not just lacrosse but from other sports as well have been threatened after games but out of control idiotic parents. Think that's fair? Lastly, I was not ranting, I don't do that, sorry you took it that way. Just giving a heads up of what is out there and what is being done to control it and protect the safety of all players. That is the top priority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not a ref but that is where you are wrong. Lacrosse is trying to take the excessive physical hit out of the game. A player taking a 10 or 15 foot run at an opponent and then leveling him will immediately draw a penalty and it should. There are some in the lacrosse world who think this is like ice hockey and the hits should/could be the same. They are not, in lacrosse players are not nearly protected by gear as hockey. Back in the 60's and 70's it wasn't played like that and somehow as lacrosse grew in popularity the "extra" hard hit began to occur and the fans seems to cheer this kind of behavior. Lacrosse officials and rule committees are backing away from this behavior and will call closer games and give a penalty.

Might want to read up and watch some recent lacrosse games. Almost any "hard" hit resulting in a player on ground or loud clash of bodies...is resulting in a penalty this year at ALL levels. It better be a perfect hit of you standing straight up with hands close to chest and hardly any movement towards player being hit. Then you might not be called for a penalty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is hard and legal, how can it also be excessive?

Page 31 of 65 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 64 65

Link Copied to Clipboard