BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 78 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
You guys need to take a break and pour yourselves a drink. I find in situations like this a nice tall glass of "Dickin's Cider" always does the trick and leaves me satisfied for a few hours..
b

But if the satisfaction lasts for more than four hours, call your doctor.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Live from Dukes Nationals tryout / clinic.... boys on their 145th minute of the same 5 v 4 drill. Sitting here watching poor goalies get peppered. #wasteoftime

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes concept of National team is good. The execution is where it falls apart. You can NOT have a National team with Dad coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? The coaching, execution, and enthusiasm doesn't get any better. They say its nor for every kid... I guess they should add its not for every parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#helicopterdad ... haha... yes sir, you should go draw up some sweet plays...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I hear ya, like when I took my son to the brine national tryouts and they were supposed to have their own coaches. 1, they had local coaches. 2, they combined 7th and 8th, and they did not say that in the E-mail. And 3, they took all the 8th graders, it seemed like the had the team picked in the first ten miniutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah I hear ya, like when I took my son to the brine national tryouts and they were supposed to have their own coaches. 1, they had local coaches. 2, they combined 7th and 8th, and they did not say that in the E-mail. And 3, they took all the 8th graders, it seemed like the had the team picked in the first ten miniutes.

Who were the coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 events are money grabs for this year.

Even the most ambitious coaches aren't going to verbally commit to a 2022 until summer of 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches were from different schools on the island, one of the kids father's that my son plays travel new them. It was well worth the money to me for the amount they played. But I know from the kids that tryout red out from our school to the kids from our travel club, they picked the biggest 8th grade kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the teams are picked for the Brine National Teams, why are they doing a second tryout? Two teams and is it a waste to go back for the 2nd tryout if you didn't get a "no thank you" email?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know what their thinking is? I also don't understand why kids were their from other states trying out if the team or teams, are going to represent longisland!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year several LI kids missed the LI tryout, so they went to the MD tryout and participated for Team MD.
Hello, money grab?
Wake up. 11am today, CHANGE happens
Maybe Trump can clean up youth lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI kids did not miss the LI tryout. They didn't make the team,so they played out of state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI kids did not miss the LI tryout. They didn't make the team,so they played out of state.

My kid played for Long Island. I was there. You are wrong in your statement. Some of those kids were not able to go to the tryout. End of discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, whatever you say...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, whatever you say...

I'm not talking about my kid, dude. I'm talking about other kids. So yes. Whatever I said. Is 150% true. It's sad that it makes you feel better to say bad things about other people's kids. Worry about your own kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THAT IS A MONEY GRAB. BUT IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND THE MONEY IT IS FUN FOR THE BOYS. HOWEVER KEEP IT IN PERSPECTIVE THESE ARE 12 AND 13 YEAR OLDS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THAT IS A MONEY GRAB. BUT IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND THE MONEY IT IS FUN FOR THE BOYS. HOWEVER KEEP IT IN PERSPECTIVE THESE ARE 12 AND 13 YEAR OLDS

12 and 13 years olds?? It might be to late for many at this point! If you are not on a top team or have at least gone to 4-5 top future prospects camp, might be time to take up baseball.

It will be a good day when recruiting gets to 7th grade level. This 9th grade recruiting is for the birds!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you on drugs? Or did you just peak in the 6th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

12 and 13 years olds?? It might be to late for many at this point! If you are not on a top team or have at least gone to 4-5 top future prospects camp, might be time to take up baseball.

It will be a good day when recruiting gets to 7th grade level. This 9th grade recruiting is for the birds!

Please, please, please tell me this post is sarcasm! (The sad part of it is that there are posts that that are this dumb on BOTC that are NOT sarcasm, so you really can't tell anymore!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can breath a sigh of relief, that is not an adult making those immature comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can breath a sigh of relief, that is not an adult making those immature comments.

People, please don't tell me your kids come on here. Mine doesn't even know about this website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear anything about 9d1 defections to express? that seems to be the word i am hearing. an attackman, two midfielders are the latest.

How many kids are on that team? seems like a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not about how many. Peaple choose to put up with it to be on the team and won't confront the issue. That's their choice, not mine. I kinda like watching my kid play sports, not stand around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not about how many. Peaple choose to put up with it to be on the team and won't confront the issue. That's their choice, not mine. I kinda like watching my kid play sports, not stand around.

Me too. They play a lot of different teams. I would see my kid actually play them rather them be on the team and watch. Only 10 players out at a time. What happens when your kid is the 40th player? You should leave and stop trying to be somewhere your clearly not wanted other than a pay check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear anything about 9d1 defections to express? that seems to be the word i am hearing. an attackman, two midfielders are the latest.

4 kids have left 91 for Express. Question is why are they leaving and why is express taking them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 kids have left 91 for Express. Question is why are they leaving and why is express taking them?

Why would they go to Express?
I know when they get a new coach who brings kids there, they get a free club fee, but why the others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The evil little guy pulling strings again? told you that 91 team would undergo major changes..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are trying to set a record with the first 40 man travel roster. To each his own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not get why someone would send their kid to a team with a roster of 40 kids. Just seems odd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But wait, isn't 91 the greatest?? why would they possibly leave given that "fact".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But wait, isn't 91 the greatest?? why would they possibly leave given that "fact".

Good Question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5th best team on LI after this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the math, even if each player was a double A player, there's not enough minutes in the game. Parents have to decide if they want their son on the bench of the greatest team, or playing and developing on a team that may not be the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]But wait, isn't 91 the greatest?? why would they possibly leave given that "fact".

Good Question[/
91 went backwards with this years science experiment. Real shame!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One big issue in this as that there is no discount for being on the 2nd team and there is usually not equal treatment between the two. So people who don't who have A level kids yet, but want the practice and commitment of the top team will digest being on the top team and endure no playing time and dense rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the purpose? To say your on a team and not play. To be on the team means playing on the team. If your on one of those teams and your child doesn't play that is pretty sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While game play is certainly an important aspect of player development, so is coaching, practice and training, team comradery and the overall experience. Hard work, determination, attitude are what will be a life skills and those that are committed to the game will improve and compete at the highest level, in club and in school ball. Additionally, high school and college lacrosse preperation and placement plays a big part of the process. Naturally, people should do what they feel is best for their child and what the kids enjoy doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One big issue in this as that there is no discount for being on the 2nd team and there is usually not equal treatment between the two. So people who don't who have A level kids yet, but want the practice and commitment of the top team will digest being on the top team and endure no playing time and dense rosters.

Is there equal treatment between the starters and players 30-40 at practice? If so, no one is getting the reps they could otherwise get with a 21-24 kid roster? If not, why not play down or on a different team.

Page 35 of 78 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard