BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Re: Girls 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good for Skywalkers!!! They are a very well coached team. Plus their players really work as hard or harder than anybody. Finally, they have team chemistry that is second to none.

This is just the beginning, the future is bright for these girls.

Guess Stars is better coached, works harder and has better chemistry than Skywalkers. Future is bright for those girls.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for Skywalkers!!! They are a very well coached team. Plus their players really work as hard or harder than anybody. Finally, they have team chemistry that is second to none.

This is just the beginning, the future is bright for these girls.

Guess Stars is better coached, works harder and has better chemistry than Skywalkers. Future is bright for those girls.
I guess its appropriate to copy this post from the main thread. Could not agree more! After hearing about their win against M&D I thought I would check them out today. They are overrated. Obviously the chemistry comment was tongue in cheek. They looked weak today in the two games I saw. Monster and Stars both deserved to win. Skywalker's defense is very good, fast, physical. They can't clear the ball. No defined clear like M&D has. The players are randomly running around. Tough job for the goalie whose stickwork is limited. Vulnerable to turnovers. The offense is non existent beyond some very good middies freelancing. No pattern, no passing, no assists. Is there any coaching going on? I did not see an assist in two games. Not impressed with them at all. Bad day huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW has 6 or 7 new players and relatively new coach who took over late last season (he knows lacrosse). They are still gelling as a team and should be much improved this summer. I like the apparent parity at this age group and believe it is beneficial for all players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW has 6 or 7 new players and relatively new coach who took over late last season (he knows lacrosse). They are still gelling as a team and should be much improved this summer. I like the apparent parity at this age group and believe it is beneficial for all players.

The SW coach knows lacrosse. The new players are extremely athletic but will take time to work in with the existing players. All the problems regarding clears, rides, half field sets can be resolved with coaching and time, especially when you have the athletes. I expect the big four or five clubs to remain on top and remain competitive with each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant agree enough , many of the dads are CRAZY!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The SW coach knows lacrosse. The new players are extremely athletic but will take time to work in with the existing players. All the problems regarding clears, rides, half field sets can be resolved with coaching and time, especially when you have the athletes. I expect the big four or five clubs to remain on top and remain competitive with each other.

I don't have a daughter in the 2021 division or on SKW, but watched 2021 play Monster last Sunday. They looked good with 6 or 7 new players, which means they will look even better by spring. McLaughlin knows what he is doing with that club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't have a daughter in the 2021 division or on SKW, but watched 2021 play Monster last Sunday. They looked good with 6 or 7 new players, which means they will look even better by spring. McLaughlin knows what he is doing with that club.

Sounds a little fishy...Don't have a daughter that age nor on SW, but you just watch enough 2021 SW games to know they have 6 new girls that have improved the team? When I watch them play I see 3 or 4 girls frantically running the ball down the field with no transition game. Diving and drawing 8 meters I guess could be considered good coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really need to stick to her own team... the nerve

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from the Teps Classic? The schedule is posted but no results. How did Md United East do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did API do at the Terps Classic?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Md United East went 3-1, but got smoked by Hero's 21 green 15-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hero's goalie always gives M&D problem. But they never keep her in the hole game. The two goalies from these team M&D and Hero's have the best two goalies in the age group. It's all way fun to watch them play each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hero's goalie always gives M&D problem. But they never keep her in the hole game. The two goalies from these team M&D and Hero's have the best two goalies in the age group. It's all way fun to watch them play each other.

Yikes. I don't even know where to begin with this. I thought Howard County had good schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both of 21 Green's goalie are fantastic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Hero's goalie dad if they have 2 goalies then both should play no matter the team they are playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yikes. I don't even know where to begin with this. I thought Howard County had good schools.

Obviously, their's a whole in the edgucation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow ! ! ! Now it's a bit more obvious for the rest of us, why MD kids need to get scholarships in order to get into college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow ! ! ! Now it's a bit more obvious for the rest of us, why MD kids need to get scholarships in order to get into college.

Grammar put downs are soooo lame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But if, there accerit, their funny.

Grammar put downs are soooo lame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This isn't rec lacrosse every one doesn't get equal playing time. That's the problems these day's parents think just because their child made a team and they paid the dues that it guarantee playing time. Club sport in general there is no guarantee. Best players should be in the game. Don't know the situation with the these team but I have two boy that play and I have seen angry parents because their child doesn't play that much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This isn't rec lacrosse every one doesn't get equal playing time. That's the problems these day's parents think just because their child made a team and they paid the dues that it guarantee playing time. Club sport in general there is no guarantee. Best players should be in the game. Don't know the situation with the these team but I have two boy that play and I have seen angry parents because their child doesn't play that much.

uhhh...ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! ^ Yup, right there exhibit one in selfishness and short-sightedness. Okay, Mr or Mrs It's all about my kid, when supposed second string goalie does not get the playing time that the parents who paid were expecting? Well, as you are probably saying - "there are plenty of other clubs out there". And chances are that is what they will do. But, then, if you say - "fine - there are plenty of goalies out there." And that's where your selfishness and short-sightedness will get the better of you. Bro, lacrosse is a very small community - word will get out very quickly about the treatment of the "backup goalie" on said team and the 'dbag goalie dad'. And then you will have to settle for desperate 3rd tier talent. And you say "so what, they are the backup". Then, what happens if God forbid your auspicious 'golden cow' of a starting goalie should get injured? Who do you turn to? Or worse case scenario - nobody wants to pay that money and do that travelling to sit around and watch their daughter work on her tan on the sidelines. For field players - playing time balance can be finagled with and not be so obvious. We all know goalie parents are a little on the excessive side - its very obvious to them when the rotation is only a bit uneven.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually most clubs try to give equal playing time. That's why most clubs try to carry under 20 girls so they can get everyone playing time, including goalies if they carry 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! ^ Yup, right there exhibit one in selfishness and short-sightedness. Okay, Mr or Mrs It's all about my kid, when supposed second string goalie does not get the playing time that the parents who paid were expecting? Well, as you are probably saying - "there are plenty of other clubs out there". And chances are that is what they will do. But, then, if you say - "fine - there are plenty of goalies out there." And that's where your selfishness and short-sightedness will get the better of you. Bro, lacrosse is a very small community - word will get out very quickly about the treatment of the "backup goalie" on said team and the 'dbag goalie dad'. And then you will have to settle for desperate 3rd tier talent. And you say "so what, they are the backup". Then, what happens if God forbid your auspicious 'golden cow' of a starting goalie should get injured? Who do you turn to? Or worse case scenario - nobody wants to pay that money and do that travelling to sit around and watch their daughter work on her tan on the sidelines. For field players - playing time balance can be finagled with and not be so obvious. We all know goalie parents are a little on the excessive side - its very obvious to them when the rotation is only a bit uneven.

Well, you nailed this one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are referring to M&D's goalie being injured, no goalies were run off the team. The backup wanted to start somewhere. She played a lot for M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

we all know heros parents are a little bit excessive:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are referring to M&D's goalie being injured, no goalies were run off the team. The backup wanted to start somewhere. She played a lot for M&D.

ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

If you are referring to M&D's goalie being injured, no goalies were run off the team. The backup wanted to start somewhere. She played a lot for M&D. [/quote]

How do you know why each of those goalies have left that team? Did you interview each of the goalies or just their parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

How do you know why each of those goalies have left that team? Did you interview each of the goalies or just their parents?[/quote]

What do you mean each of the goalies? The one that left before last year left because she was basically told she wouldn't make the team and she should look elsewhere. The one that left this fall year left because she wanted to start at another club. The parents wanted her to stay with M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a very goalie friendly environment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know why each of those goalies have left that team? Did you interview each of the goalies or just their parents?[/quote]

What do you mean each of the goalies? The one that left before last year left because she was basically told she wouldn't make the team and she should look elsewhere. The one that left this fall year left because she wanted to start at another club. The parents wanted her to stay with M&D. [/quote]

Well. Just bad luck I guess. Oh, you forgot a goalie. Y'all had one leave after year 1 as well. Lotta bad luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, I was not referring to anyone in particular. And I've heard of the situation at M&D - that was not as I had referred to. I was mostly replying to the goalie dad who always seems to post complaints about why his "golden child" is not playing goal all the time when apparently it's the "other" goalie losing games for them. I guess, it's more of a generalized response. I wonder what's going to happen when that particular goalie dad gets to high school and it's not his prodigy that is the starter. Bad juju?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know why each of those goalies have left that team? Did you interview each of the goalies or just their parents?

What do you mean each of the goalies? The one that left before last year left because she was basically told she wouldn't make the team and she should look elsewhere. The one that left this fall year left because she wanted to start at another club. The parents wanted her to stay with M&D. [/quote]

Well. Just bad luck I guess. Oh, you forgot a goalie. Y'all had one leave after year 1 as well. Lotta bad luck.[/quote]

The goalie after year 1 was let go because of her crazy parents. Had nothing to do with the player. She has been on at least 5 club teams for the same reason. It's really a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some coaches just seem to have bad luck with goalies. It's really a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2021 player commits to MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I sure would not want to limit my 8th grader's educational opportunities (or 11th grader) to attendance at a large public university. But, to each their own. Congratulations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I sure would not want to limit my 8th grader's educational opportunities (or 11th grader) to attendance at a large public university. But, to each their own. Congratulations.
hopefully the NCAA put an end to this nonsense with the April vote.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hopefully the NCAA put an end to this nonsense with the April vote.

They won't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NCAA is a disaster and no substitute for parenting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, let's not forget that any opportunity to pursue higher education is just that, an opportunity. That's why it's called higher education because it's beyond the basics that are offered to everyone. As for me, I would hope that none of my own kids ever lose sight of the fact that their college choice has to be one that is a financially sound decision. The earliest recruits tend to get scholarship offers and that equates to sound financial decision making as far as many are concerned. And as for limiting a child, I certainly would not want to limit mine to a small, liberal arts college from which they will graduate with a mountain of debt to pay back over half of their adult life. And as for a large, public university like Maryland, the possibilities are pretty much endless as for a field of study. It's the best bargain going if you live in the state of Maryland and are fortunate enough to be offered a scholarship and an opportunity to attend. And, by the way, their lacrosse teams tend to consistently rank in the top five in the country. SOLD!

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard