BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is a good team that got better. Igloo struggled offensively. They should continue to have competitive games going forward.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo will improve, believe me, sometimes the offense takes a bit longer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Express playing 2 one goal games against Igloo is a huge statement even though this is only the fall. They have improved dramatically. No doubt Igloo will improve offensively once the new additions become comfortable with the O. Igloo is still the best 2021 team in the country. How did the face-off battle go between Express and Igloo? From what I understand Igloo has recruited an outstanding FOGO from Texas. FO kid flying in during the weekends to play. Seems extreme, but will pay off for Igloo in the long run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express playing 2 one goal games against Igloo is a huge statement even though this is only the fall. They have improved dramatically. No doubt Igloo will improve offensively once the new additions become comfortable with the O. Igloo is still the best 2021 team in the country. How did the face-off battle go between Express and Igloo? From what I understand Igloo has recruited an outstanding FOGO from Texas. FO kid flying in during the weekends to play. Seems extreme, but will pay off for Igloo in the long run.

Holdback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdback?

No, not by Texas grade/age cutoff.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Guess the coach of the holdback on express did not like the result at the 2020 level so he is seeing what he can do on 2021 , my thought not going to work either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdback?

No, not by Texas grade/age cutoff.

Wasn't fully impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This kind of thing is so ridiculous. It is bad enough to have these national teams, but kids flying in to play for local teams is way over the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Avalanche will be fine.

With that said, if the program does not treat them like a second thought and gives the attention to this team and every other (2nd Team) that needs it it will continue to build a great foundation of kids and people.

If this year they ignore this team with recruiting in full swing next year, I can only assume you will find many more that leave. That will begin the trend filtering down to the younger years that if you are not on their top team then go play for another top team. If this program wants (2) teams in every age to be really competitive then you need to work hard to make that a reality.

You also see how the Super Team was built and the mistake that was. They should have kept 2 teams and embrace that healthy competition. The ego's of the coaches and the parents were too big and the compromise is not producing the results they would have expected.

Learn from the other program's mistakes and dare to be different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what the last part of that post means? What Super Team? Kept two teams? What program is being referenced?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So there's a "10th" grader playing for Blaze/Crush he has a habit of being held back , lol....He will be driving his grade appropriate 2021 teammates to away tournaments when he enters the High school setting , but no one post about that.. LMFAO

What an embarrassing joke; a 15 yr old playing 2021. UI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is terrible ..... the parents should be proud .... this is not the kids fault this is the PARENTS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is terrible ..... the parents should be proud .... this is not the kids fault this is the PARENTS

Its a joke....It completely invalidates anything this team wins and accomplishes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a joke....It completely invalidates anything this team wins and accomplishes!

My two cents on the holdback issue: I've seen my son play down last year and he looked like Paul Rabil. When he is playing on age in 2021 he is just a very solid B team player/weak A team player. I can only imaging what the disparity and false sense of accomplishment would be if he did that playing down TWO years!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 15 year old is a 2019 grad. 2021? Everyone involved should be ashamed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one who does it is ashamed or they wouldn't have done it in the first place. And if their kid gets recruited there is no other justification required. It's wrong but ultimately motived by parents who want to elevate their kids whether that just means being "the best" or getting them into a college that may have otherwise been unattainable.

The shame should be on the college coaches and the NCAA. That's where all this nonsense starts and ends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say we get Bob Creamer to hire some guys to act like red cup drinking lacrosse dads and just have them verbally abuse the hold back kids parents under the tent every tournament. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking short cuts for short term success does not always work. There many psychological studies that show severe negative psychological problems for kids held back especially if held back for sports. Parents have to make choices. One must hope that the right medical and educational people are consulted before a kid is held back. One must also hope parents are not going by what a lacrosse coach thinks when holding a kid back.

No one who does it is ashamed or they wouldn't have done it in the first place. And if their kid gets recruited there is no other justification required. It's wrong but ultimately motived by parents who want to elevate their kids whether that just means being "the best" or getting them into a college that may have otherwise been unattainable.

The shame should be on the college coaches and the NCAA. That's where all this nonsense starts and ends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My two cents on the holdback issue: I've seen my son play down last year and he looked like Paul Rabil. When he is playing on age in 2021 he is just a very solid B team player/weak A team player. I can only imaging what the disparity and false sense of accomplishment would be if he did that playing down TWO years!
My kid is playing two years older this fall, and is getting better. When he plays with kids his age, he dominates. That is what you should be doing, pushing your kid to work harder, not making his competition weaker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would he play 2 years up?
Why would 2019 want a 2021?

Unless he is playing with a mix of jv players at various ages. IM guessing he's not the only 2021 on the 2019 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is playing two years older this fall, and is getting better. When he plays with kids his age, he dominates. That is what you should be doing, pushing your kid to work harder, not making his competition weaker.

Exactly. That will pay off big in the future. Forget the pretenders!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless he is playing with a mix of jv players at various ages. IM guessing he's not the only 2021 on the 2019 team

Because it's not true and if it is it is for a doormat club team that needs that Very very very few play up in good club lacrosse they can get by with some of the bad clubs but good club lacrosse Not a chance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it's not true and if it is it is for a doormat club team that needs that Very very very few play up in good club lacrosse they can get by with some of the bad clubs but good club lacrosse Not a chance

This is an issue. In towns with "weaker" programs, these parents get all starry eyed that the varsity coach is courting their 2021 and wants them to practice with varsity and play summer with JV. It's great I get it. But if your son isn't on the best team in 2021, it's not the real deal. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad your son is doing great. Just don't get him hurt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true, there are a small percent that actually play up. The coaches have enormous respect for this group. It happens on the big clubs. Want your kid to develop quick, this is the way to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is an issue. In towns with "weaker" programs, these parents get all starry eyed that the varsity coach is courting their 2021 and wants them to practice with varsity and play summer with JV. It's great I get it. But if your son isn't on the best team in 2021, it's not the real deal. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad your son is doing great. Just don't get him hurt.
He is playing with his JV team, and playing against some really good JV teams. He will probably play JV this spring. If I go by the hold back crew, he is really playing 3 years up because he is a late fall 03 birthday. He is doing well in school, and is going to graduate with his friends. He is having fun with his Travel Team, and is looking forward to school ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't worry. He's one of the bigger kids on the team. Not a powerhouse town, but respectable. I have no illusions. He hasn't cracked the AA teams that he tried out for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] Why would he play 2 years up?

Because it's not true and if it is it is for a doormat club team that needs that Very very very few play up in good club lacrosse they can get by with some of the bad clubs but good club lacrosse Not a chance [/quote

He is playing with his JV team, and playing against some really good JV teams. He will probably play JV this spring. If I go by the hold back crew, he is really playing 3 years up because he is a late fall 03 birthday. He is doing well in school, and is going to graduate with his friends. He is having fun with his Travel Team, and is looking forward to school ball.

Hate to burst your bubble but there are no really good JV teams on LI. Most schools now bring up the best freshman and Sophs up to varsity. JV is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In many towns that are not the hotbed districts a good 8th grader (not even great) will benefit from JV ball. Doesnt even have to be playing against really good Jv teams.
You are right, there isnt much if any great JV lacrosse. many of the rising stars are brought up. But on the other hand, there isnt any good middle school lacrosse. This is where he would be. Between the putrid competition with the scheduling and the 5 quarters and the general lack of qualified or sufficient coaching at this level, the lacrosse sucks. Let him play faster with a longer season and better competition on JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] Why would he play 2 years up?

Because it's not true and if it is it is for a doormat club team that needs that Very very very few play up in good club lacrosse they can get by with some of the bad clubs but good club lacrosse Not a chance [/quote

Hate to burst your bubble but there are no really good JV teams on LI. Most schools now bring up the best freshman and Sophs up to varsity. JV is a joke.

That's not always true. In the big lacrosse schools like WM, Smithtown, Maybe some others based on year, there is so much upperclass talent that a very good freshman may not get to play much if on Varsity. Would be much better off actually playing on JV and then brought up for post season. Many schools alllow the better JV players practice with Varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blaze and Outlaws did well this past weekend in Delaware. How was the competition, seems like Steps is a competitive program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blaze & Ambush did well. Winning there championship games in the tournaments that they were in. 2021 program is looking good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blaze & Ambush did well. Winning there championship games in the tournaments that they were in. 2021 program is looking good.

Especially since Blaze has a 2 yr holdback who is a 15 years old playing 2021, what a farce, kid should be a'19

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, Team 91 Blaze was obviously the best but Looneys 2021 should've and easily could've beat the Long Island Outlaws, the are not that impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Especially since Blaze has a 2 yr holdback who is a 15 years old playing 2021, what a farce, kid should be a'19

Ridiculous! Good job to that organization acting in an ethical manor that promotes fair play!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes looney should have beat the outlaws, but they didn't. Excellent game and the outlaws came back from a 4-1 halftime deficit to win in OT.

Great game and both teams played hard.

Blaze definitely in a class by themselves in talent, hold backs and dirty play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately every team has hold backs now. Your son's team does too. I don't agree with it but it is reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately every team has hold backs now. Your son's team does too. I don't agree with it but it is reality.

Holdbacks yes but not double holdbacks...pathetic!! Kid should be a sophomore in HS but instead "dominating" eighth graders...great job parenting Mom and Dad!! Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you want your 15 yr old play against 13 yr olds? He should play up to get better and play at school year for the school only. Unless playing at age makes him look bad. Oh wait that is it his parents have him play 2 years down so he can look good. Now that is sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great a double hold back look at the pictures of the kids with the championship this past weekend . It is really funny to see.... the coaches maybe should suit up this weekend if they still have eligibility.... What ARE YOU TEACHING YOUR KIDS !!!!! Parents on that team with kids of right age you will never get a fair shake !!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWFUL

Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard