BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 78 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My opinion at this age is opposite. Play on B and gain confidence but hit the wall and get better.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can't get middies playing time if you have 10 middies four LPM and a fogo..

Agreed. You can't get better watching from the bench. What's more important, to be on the "A" team but barely seeing the field or playing on the "B" team and getting a ton of reps as one of the go to players?

Great Question. Play on an A Team but don't get in much in tight games but practice with better players all the time or be the go to guy on a B team and be the one of the best guys at Practice.

At this age I think it would be better to be on an A team so you can practice with better players. A teams practice alot and their only a limited number of tournaments.

And if you don't make an A team in an A club? What do you do, stop playing? Do what is best for your kid and stop judging what other people do. If your kid is improving you made the right choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't get middies playing time if you have 10 middies four LPM and a fogo..

Agreed. You can't get better watching from the bench. What's more important, to be on the "A" team but barely seeing the field or playing on the "B" team and getting a ton of reps as one of the go to players?

Great Question. Play on an A Team but don't get in much in tight games but practice with better players all the time or be the go to guy on a B team and be the one of the best guys at Practice.

It's a tough balance because in practice, the best players coaches know and trust, don't really "practice" at their highest levels and the coach doesn't care. Playing against other competition, pushing yourself and making name for yourself on a B team could help at a tryout later! Kid be that stud that comes out of no where and now has a meaningful seat at the table! I think playing lots of minutes is the better option! My opinion! I'm not a guy who knows what is what in this racket but what I think would make sense! Bottom line, I like to see my kid happy and actually learning! Whatever comes after is gravy! God bless and good luck to all of our boys!

At this age I think it would be better to be on an A team so you can practice with better players. A teams practice alot and their only a limited number of tournaments.

I understand that. When these tourneys like Elite 8 come up and every game is a nail biter, you son can watch 5 games or see less than 5 minutes. Granted practicing more at a higher level will improve the player, but not playing at 12 years old is not worth being on the practice squad. Again, my opinion and if your son is happy that's all that matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. It's tough at 12 to build confidence if they're riding the bench. It's also difficult spending money on hotels and traveling four hours and watching your son take that hit to his confidence. I think playing on B at this age is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
much better confidence builder playing b level as a starter , then not playing much at the A level. unfortunately some parents don't get it! Just because your kid is at bottom barrel of A team doesn't make him an A player. do whats best for your kid and not your EGO !!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. It's tough at 12 to build confidence if they're riding the bench. It's also difficult spending money on hotels and traveling four hours and watching your son take that hit to his confidence. I think playing on B at this age is better.

Riding the bench at any age, but especially at 12 y/o, is a confidence killer. Saw it first hand with my guy last season. We just had to take a step back this year from the madness. He is much happier, I am much happier, and in the long run, playing competitive town ball and a B team, hitting the wall, and engaging in some private training is working for him. To each his own, but we had a miserable experience on a top A team last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Riding the bench at any age, but especially at 12 y/o, is a confidence killer. Saw it first hand with my guy last season. We just had to take a step back this year from the madness. He is much happier, I am much happier, and in the long run, playing competitive town ball and a B team, hitting the wall, and engaging in some private training is working for him. To each his own, but we had a miserable experience on a top A team last year.

well said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could agree with you more..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well you sound like a sane parent which is refreshing to read on this blog. Your son is lucky to have parents who won't put up with or stay stuck in the madness. Good luck to you and your son.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last opinion on this, although it's a good topic to discuss. If your son isn't playing, ask the coach I am wasting my time and should I go elsewhere? You'll suddenly become important because you will be treated as a client should. We are the clients and that is forgotton way too often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of a sudden we have become reasonable and rational! This is the kind of discussion we should have been having in here!

I think if we parents truly think about our boys and not bragging to others that my boy plays for such and such A team, whilst "riding the pine", it would be very beneficial for his development. Most B teams aren't the most glamorous but your son will grow.

If your son is like mine, being on a B team is making him hungry, he's working harder and super motivated!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our son didn't see much time when he started playing A and we encouraged him to look at B but he had his heart set on A so we told him we will always support him but if he didn't step up and earn time, it would be tough to commit to the travel, expenses, etc the following year to watch him ride the bench. He took it as a challenge and thankfully earned more time and made the most of it; now he sees all kinds of time. I was always of the view that a kid needs PT to get better and he should play B. But he WANTED A and we supported him 'going for it' as any parent would, and he delivered, which REALLY jacked his confidence. Could have gone either way and we were lucky; but not making it would provide another valuable lesson: that life goes on and u have to pick yourself back up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall ball but igloo already beat ***super team, Express A and now your older Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall ball but igloo already beat ***super team, Express A and now your older Hawks.

Seems like a lot of former smunited players on Igloo now so there's your super team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like a lot of former smunited players on Igloo now so there's your super team

Nah others teams getting settled. Simmer down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo had the biggest kids out of any other teams today. how many holdbacks on that team. huge difference from just a few months ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good games today across the board

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo had the biggest kids out of any other teams today. how many holdbacks on that team. huge difference from just a few months ago

The hold back argument is so boring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland parent here congrats to igloo battle of the bay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express and Igloo have very good teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed!
At all positions.
Great to see them compete at such a high level.
Going to be a fun year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD parents calmer than Long Island parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Richmond team was very good
Duke's beat Express in losers bracket
Chaney emptied the bench

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD parents calmer than Long Island parents.

That's because they are in 7th grade. You'd have to be a little off to get so worked up over it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played this weekend in MD. Great weather, great competition. Well run tournament. Big difference relative to LI, the refs let the kids play...not talking about kids getting hurt but NCAA rules, consitent calls, physical but not out of control, also parents seemed to handle themselves better than on LI. Just my observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had boys there too. Aggressive play, consistent refs, amazing weather and high level lacrosse. Tournament well-run and friendly. Fields not groomed well and inconsistent. Parents got along despite a few obnoxious crazy people. We heard teams flied kids to Maryland from around the country and that was interesting. Our kids been on same team for years and won some lost some but are a team and stick together. That lmore important than win at all costs or should be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the express dad who refuses to write the word "Igloo" after losing to them twice in as many weeks. Both teams very good but Igloo owned this tournament (2021 2022 and 2023). Fall ball whatever Igloo came out of the gate strong winning Balatnt and Battle by the Bay back-to-back weekend sgoing 11-0 beating express twice Smunited an older Hawks team and a very good Richmond team twice. Form is very quiet after a full weekend of elite lacrosse because smunited parents hiding and express parents humbled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the express dad who refuses to write the word "Igloo" after losing to them twice in as many weeks. Both teams very good but Igloo owned this tournament (2021 2022 and 2023). Fall ball whatever Igloo came out of the gate strong winning Balatnt and Battle by the Bay back-to-back weekend sgoing 11-0 beating express twice Smunited an older Hawks team and a very good Richmond team twice. Form is very quiet after a full weekend of elite lacrosse because smunited parents hiding and express parents humbled.

Your humility is admirable. Glad you some strange satisfaction from this. The boys couldn't do it without you. Jackass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. No holdbacks on Igloo. Roster barely changed. Stop being a s#!t stirrer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. SmashUnited cast offs having a huge impact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express parents were never obnoxious. This has to be the Penguin who's been dying to brag for a year. Enjoy it while it lasts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you are not humbled! Take a seat and breathe tough guy! Not enough to congratulate Igloo for a tremendous weekend. You don't have to be a tool your entire life! Hack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's sad that Express parents come on here for months bragging about wins and being the best etc etc...... Then igloo wins (another) tourney fair and square, minus 2 key players that couldn't make it AND with no "guest" players from out of state and you can't just let them have their win. The roster hardly changed from last season. They didn't win because of 3 new players. They won because they worked together as a team. No bragging here. Facts are facts. Get over it and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey express dad!! What happened to the texas train? Did it miss the station? what a j--k off you are for posting that last week !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Savor the flavor Icebox. The Texas Train will be in the MD station next week
I guess the texas train missed the md station

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
get to work losers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple fact of the Igloo-Express matchups. Express faceoff kid didn't dominate at the X like last year. AND it was a great game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tool bag statement for sure! Leave the kids out of it. You are an equal tool for bringing it up.

Page 19 of 78 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard