BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 113 of 144 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
how about ur 2021 coach drunk at games

He wasn't the only coach. An [lacrosse]'t coach was hit harder than an avalanche the morning of a tournament this past summer. When he did make it to the game, he was nothing but negative and nasty too the players. Disgrace.

I guess second teams do get the same treatment as first teams!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, I find the biggest problem is not the A teams, it's the 2nd teams for most clubs, Some clubs do a nice job with their 2nd teams. For example, Igloo 2ND teams seem to get the same attention and resources as the A teams. Is so hard to do?

Agreed....except with your 'example organization'. Statement based of first hand experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, I find the biggest problem is not the A teams, it's the 2nd teams for most clubs, Some clubs do a nice job with their 2nd teams. For example, Igloo 2ND teams seem to get the same attention and resources as the A teams. Is so hard to do?

Agreed....except with your 'example organization'. Statement based of first hand experience.

It's an observation. It's not hard to treat all the teams the same. Not talking about recruiting. More practice, development, tourneys, one coach... That's all. Not hard. Again my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's an observation. It's not hard to treat all the teams the same. Not talking about recruiting. More practice, development, tourneys, one coach... That's all. Not hard. Again my opinion.

Why don't you ask an avalanche parent about that team getting the same attention. They have been in existence for 2 years so far and both years have hemoraged players and had to rebuild. This is not because the experience is great. As a matter of fact, that team only had 4 tourneys listed last spring/summer until the par mets went nuts and they added events. Not all unicorns and rainbows on Avalanche

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is the biggest waste of money ever.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were supposed to be such a good team last year .We went to four tournaments we won one and we got killed on all the other ones . Yep let's spend more money on garbage coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you ask an avalanche parent about that team getting the same attention. They have been in existence for 2 years so far and both years have hemoraged players and had to rebuild. This is not because the experience is great. As a matter of fact, that team only had 4 tourneys listed last spring/summer until the par mets went nuts and they added events. Not all unicorns and rainbows on Avalanche

So that's my point, because I was impressed with the 2022s and wished my kid tried out. So overall, it's still my opinion, there is no consistency with 2nd teams. Some are really good and some are an after thought. I guess it's the coach and his dedication tat determines the experience. How do we as parents and consumers figure this out?? Good topic here to discuss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that's my point, because I was impressed with the 2022s and wished my kid tried out. So overall, it's still my opinion, there is no consistency with 2nd teams. Some are really good and some are an after thought. I guess it's the coach and his dedication tat determines the experience. How do we as parents and consumers figure this out?? Good topic here to discuss.

Yesterday proved my point. Igloo has an A and AA. Only ones that can say that. One thought is... at tryouts kids should say I am only trying out for the top team. Why? Because good second teams get picked and don't form because B team invites are declined. Nothing wrong with declining amd striving just for the top team, however, it would make the forming a 2nd or B team more effective. Or name the A team and have another tryout for the 2nd team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yesterday proved my point. Igloo has an A and AA. Only ones that can say that. One thought is... at tryouts kids should say I am only trying out for the top team. Why? Because good second teams get picked and don't form because B team invites are declined. Nothing wrong with declining amd striving just for the top team, however, it would make the forming a 2nd or B team more effective. Or name the A team and have another tryout for the 2nd team.

Not for 2021 they don't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A and AA doesn't work when you start recruiting next year. Program won't get two invites to big tournaments. Even if not B by ability , always second team and priority to organization. Which will be a shame , because you actually have a couple of A players on team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is the biggest waste of money ever.

For every person that says that there are dozens who feel otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????? Who are we talking about here .... if so why have your kid on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Sons friend plays on 2021 Kowarski team, I have been reading some people on here beating the team up because they have to many players, some say as many as 28. They had 20 guys on the team and it looked like everyone got to play. Also, The coaches looked as if they were coaching as they should. Not a fan of reading B/S Probably from disgruntled Ex Players parents. Not looking for an argument, Just explaining what I saw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because 8 people left the team after the first tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is that possible? Where did they go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids are on the 2021 AA Express team? More curious about the middies and attack breakout. Thx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they will just keep adding kids as long as your money is green .... if your son is not getting time on the field then move to another team this is a crucial time in your kids college looks and he will not get scene on the bench ..... hit the prospect camp as well and ask the coach WHO HAS THE MAVERICK SHOWTIME BID TO THE TOP SHOWCASE ... then you will know where you stand on the team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On an odd day or even day?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trying to get a rise but just curious as to how they stack up on these 2 positions vs my sons team? I.e. Do they typically rotate the attack or no? What positions reclassed this yr from the 2020 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay igloo dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Proved your point ?? 1 - 2.

Losing by less than you thought doesn't make you an A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You, well said. The level of B/S posts are out of control. My son plays on 2021 Karwoski, we have no issues. There are more kids then last year, his playing time went down from last year, we told him "get better, play harder fight for your spot, you want it take it back". I keep reading this A and AA team B/S, I don't know where its coming from but no one has been told this is an A team. If you were unhappy with Express and left the team that's your business and there's no reason to continually bash them. It's like they can't stand that other people are happy with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it normal to have your son play on an A team for Express and to have a few fall practices followed by 2 tournaments and then not hear a word from your coach for 2 weeks? The boys have another tournament in 2 weeks. They have a lot of talent on their team but practicing together as a team would be beneficial. As well as communication from the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it normal to have your son play on an A team for Express and to have a few fall practices followed by 2 tournaments and then not hear a word from your coach for 2 weeks? The boys have another tournament in 2 weeks. They have a lot of talent on their team but practicing together as a team would be beneficial. As well as communication from the coach.

It's worse at other clubs so stop complaining you woossy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's your bar? It's worse at other clubs?? Really??!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I asked if it was normal. I wasn't complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't worry about the responses. This site is full of pre-pubescent men/boys who can't respond to a simple question without a snark comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No not normal, we have our sons practice schedule...we have good communication. E-mail the coach or the director

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What year? If 2024 you should have stayed with the B team. Did you honestly think he was going to be different this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What year? If 2024 you should have stayed with the B team. Did you honestly think he was going to be different this year?
Schwalje is never going to change....too busy with other stuff to coach 2024's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fish rots from the head down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B team, no way, no how. If johnnie is on the B team, just get him a baseball glove.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B team, no way, no how. If johnnie is on the B team, just get him a baseball glove.

What an ignorant statement in my opinion. So many kids that don't start out on the A team turn into very good players and even play division 1. Not one, many... there so many better situations available than SOME A teams. This have to be on the top team culture is nonsense. I don't understand the parents who think it's good for their kid to be an A team practice player. And those usually pay for training on the side in the hopes to play more. But whatever, to each his own. Just sharing my opinion have been these roads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct! Club ball can be very biased. Let's see who shows up on their varsity teams!! I want to see who's name is in Newsday!

What an ignorant statement in my opinion. So many kids that don't start out on the A team turn into very good players and even play division 1. Not one, many... there so many better situations available than SOME A teams. This have to be on the top team culture is nonsense. I don't understand the parents who think it's good for their kid to be an A team practice player. And those usually pay for training on the side in the hopes to play more. But whatever, to each his own. Just sharing my opinion have been these roads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a great article in the paper this past weekend about early commits. It was about football but absolutely pertains to lacrosse and changing the rule so kids don't get hurt. It was about a kid who committed early to Michigan and let all other teams know he was going to Michigan with a big announcement and internet posts. He thought he was done looking and could enjoy his senior year of HS. He got a call just as HS school SENIOR YEAR started from Michigan to let him know they THEY CHANGED THEIR MIND and no longer needed him. He could still come to Michigan but no scholarship. Turns out a better player became available and they got him to commit. The kid has no recourse and because he wants to play football is now at a lower tier school. This can and does happen to lacrosse players all the time you just don't hear about it because parents won't admit it. If they change the rule and early commits are locked in and must be honored all of the bull crap will stop. You won't have all these kids being offered spots as quickly and easily as they do now. Puts all the pressure on the coaches to be sure what they are doing. Kids get verbals which mean absolutely nothing and don't sign commit papers until years later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid should have signed his NLI Junior year. No NLI and nothing is promised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very interesting. The owness needs to be put on the college coaches somehow. Right now it's just a business to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is on the College coach, sign your NLI and the deal is done. Athlete is protected by the NCAA. So is the school. If the kid backs out he loses eligibility, the school can't back out of NLI. And yes it is a business, the school provides an education for free, the athlete is thus an employee of the school. "Work" is practice, workouts and games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid should have signed his NLI Junior year. No NLI and nothing is promised.

I thought NLI's are signed earliest Fall of Senior Year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLI is signed senior year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 113 of 144 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 143 144