BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 86 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax also has 2 dads who coach their own sons. Something you see in rec, not clubs. Not exactly what people are paying 2x for.

This guy again one of these two dads is the owner of the club. He has coached top private schools and played college lacrosse at a very high level.Madlax parents want the owner to coach their sons.

You forgot to mention that the guy has been fired from every one of those HS jobs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax also has 2 dads who coach their own sons. Something you see in rec, not clubs. Not exactly what people are paying 2x for.

The other Dad is a dad he has a decent resume but this is a little negative. But he is coaching a younger team that is not in the recruiting world yet. If he is still the coach when they hit the 8th/9th grade time frame your point will be very valid.

When this was pointed out last year that the dad took over the team, you said it was likely a temporary solution and you would be disappointed if it carried over to the following season. Now that it has, you are backtracking and now changing the terms to 2-3 years from now.

The issue is not his qualifications. He is more qualified than most of the Madlax coaches, who are guys a couple years out of college. The issue is a dad coaching his own son. That is not good for anyone.

I've seen him and his staff coaching his son's rec team. He and his assistants (presumably all dads) are abusive and obnoxious to everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other Dad is a dad he has a decent resume but this is a little negative. But he is coaching a younger team that is not in the recruiting world yet. If he is still the coach when they hit the 8th/9th grade time frame your point will be very valid.

When this was pointed out last year that the dad took over the team, you said it was likely a temporary solution and you would be disappointed if it carried over to the following season. Now that it has, you are backtracking and now changing the terms to 2-3 years from now.

The issue is not his qualifications. He is more qualified than most of the Madlax coaches, who are guys a couple years out of college. The issue is a dad coaching his own son. That is not good for anyone.

I've seen him and his staff coaching his son's rec team. He and his assistants (presumably all dads) are abusive and obnoxious to everyone.

Well this is a real point. If true. I have a older son so I do not know his personality in detail. But I do know that lots of coaches do not come off in a good light when viewed from the sidelines. But when you talk to the parents/kids who play for these coaches they tell you he is a great guy and the kids love playing for them. Point being unless you have real complaints from kids who played or play for this coach your point will not carry weight. But you are correct I am not 100% happy that Madlax has a Dad coaching his son. But I will not kill them for it unless I hear he is playing his son over better kids. I will bet my house that the owner will never play one of his sons over a kid that is a better player. Anyone who knows him knows that he is about winning and would bench his own kid or kids any day to win a ball game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
doesnt stay in one spot too long...coincidence...i think NOT

Keep it real, he kept those jobs for longer than 3 months, unlike Trig, owner of BW, who was fired for denying water breaks to his team, which resulted in 3 kids going to the hospital in ambulances.

Bruce also was SSSA assistant coach, isn't that the highest hs position Trig attained? Not counting his off-season head coaching jobs. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is pathetic. The MOTIVATED poster trolling these boards is clearly trying to defame Madlax, the best club, by far, in the DMV.

Ask yourself when you read these posts, "who could be so MOTIVATED?"

I am guessing it is Trig, who has always trolled here during tryouts, and is now trying to add pages to get further away from this unbelievable deed: DENYING KIDS WATER, RESULTING IN 3 AMBULANCES FOR 3 DIFFERENT KIDS, and Trig getting fired 3 months on the SJC job.

Trig- you need help.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep it real, he kept those jobs for longer than 3 months, unlike Trig, owner of BW, who was fired for denying water breaks to his team, which resulted in 3 kids going to the hospital in ambulances.

You know the Madlax guy was canned from the last job because he threatened to punish his HS kids if they didn't play for Madlax, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know the Madlax guy was canned from the last job because he threatened to punish his HS kids if they didn't play for Madlax, right?

Well this works for Thrump, "that was a long time ago"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sent kids to the hospital, and your response is that someone threatened kids?

Friendly advice: Go with the guys in white jackets carrying butterfly nets. Better than the guys with badges and guns surely to follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruce also was SSSA assistant coach, isn't that the highest hs position Trig attained? Not counting his off-season head coaching jobs. LOL

Outside of his club, has Trig ever been a head coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruce M$$$$$$$

• Madlax Capital 2022 Head Coach 2016-Present
• Varsity Assistant Coach: St. Stephens & St. Agnes School (1991-1992)
• Varsity Head Coach: Centreville High School (1993-1994)
• Assistant Coach/Defensive Coordinator: Marymount University (1994-1998)
• Alexandria Lacrosse Club: Commissioner (2012-2014)
• Alexandria Lacrosse Club: Youth Coach (2007 – 2016)
• NVYLL AAA Champion (2010, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• St. Stephen's 1986
• University of Virginia 1990
This is the second dad coach he is speaking of does anyone want to bash his resume of coaching lacrosse for a 2022 team?

Looks pretty good to me! You forgot that he has a law degree and is a practicing attorney.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruce M$$$$$$$

• St. Stephen's 1986
This is the second dad coach he is speaking of does anyone want to bash his resume of coaching lacrosse for a 2022 team?

Looks pretty good to me! You forgot that he has a law degree and is a practicing attorney.

Which is completely relevant to being a good lacrosse coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruce M$$$$$$$

• St. Stephen's 1986

You sent kids to the hospital, and your response is that someone threatened kids?

Friendly advice: Go with the guys in white jackets carrying butterfly nets. Better than the guys with badges and guns surely to follow.

So when your son's HS coach tells him he better quit Madlax in order to play for a different club that is in line with his HS, I'm sure you won't be upset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruce M$$$$$$$

• St. Stephen's 1986

Ah, but someone that I would like to have coach my kids, a role model.

He probably knows better than to deny them water too. He understands words like responsibility and liability.

Now that we have examined the resume of an outstanding youth coach, how about posting Trig's for comparison?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruce M$$$$$$$

• St. Stephen's 1986

So when your son's HS coach tells him he better quit Madlax in order to play for a different club that is in line with his HS, I'm sure you won't be upset.

This happens all the time when a club owner becomes a high school coach. This does not work well. Because the pressure is spoken or implied. This happens even more with the B and C level clubs most of these clubs are really locked into a high school or two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It definitely should not be allowed. Most coaches are not idiots and just imply the pressure that forces kids to switch to their coach's club.

Some owners are absolute idiots who tell their players via email that they better play for them or else it is going to affect their HS playing time. Actually, owner, not owners.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruce M$$$$$$$

• St. Stephen's 1986

means he can argue calls better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It definitely should not be allowed. Most coaches are not idiots and just imply the pressure that forces kids to switch to their coach's club.

Some owners are absolute idiots who tell their players via email that they better play for them or else it is going to affect their HS playing time. Actually, owner, not owners.

Believe it or not, some club owners are so stupid that they deny kids water.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only if you're as dumb as Forrest Gump like you and your kid are.

GUUUUMP!!! WHY DID YOU NOT DRINK WATER??

uhm..ohh...duhhh...beeecuuzzz you din't tell ma too coach!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah if you raised a respectful child who listens to his coach he would not just leave a drill to go get water! Correct. So you can say what you want but you crazy BW boy got [lacrosse] canned for his over the top act.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah if you raised a respectful child who listens to his coach he would not just leave a drill to go get water! Correct. So you can say what you want but you crazy BW boy got [lacrosse] canned for his over the top act.

Hello Sir,
If you are going to fix my curse words can you please add the R to my your so it does not say "you crazy BW boy"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, because every kid is locked into a perpetual drill for two hours straight at BW.

You're a walking, talking dildo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, because every kid is locked into a perpetual drill for two hours straight at BW.

Well if all kids are soft and dumb why are their not 3 kids dropping at all the other teams fall workouts Stupid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Believe it or not, some club owners are so stupid that they deny kids water. [/quote]

uhm..ohh...duhhh...beeecuuzzz you din't tell ma too coach!! [/quote]
Ah if you raised a respectful child who listens to his coach he would not just leave a drill to go get water! Correct. So you can say what you want but you crazy BW boy got [lacrosse] canned for his over the top act. [/quote]

You're a walking, talking dildo. [/quote]

Nice and classy. Not so sure who the dildo is here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if all kids are soft and dumb why are their not 3 kids dropping at all the other teams fall workouts Stupid.

You just made my point. It's not ALL, just YOURS dildo. Just because your offspring doesn't have the brains and or fortitude for something doesn't make it bad. People wash out of things for mental and physical reasons all the time. Get over it, get in where you fit in (a very low IQ, rec level style club where you stand around a lot) and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a Trump surrogate. Instead of focusing on your own owner's terrible behavior, you deflect by talking about Trig.

Both guys are scum. Talking about Trig's scummy behavior doesn't take away from the way the madlax guy acts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might have a point. If it was 1 kid.

It was 3, sent away in 3 separate ambulances.

Better questions to ask: "where is DC child protective services or the DC police?" and "why is this man allowed to coach children?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you are a real piece of $&!+.

Blame the HS aged kid? Where are the adults?

The upperclassmen? Many who knew better had quit by this time.

It got the responsible party, Trig, fired from his first, only and last head coaching job. After 2 months. During the offseason.

Saint Stephens powers that be look very smart for NOT hiring this clown. Bobby Horsey is laughing his [lacrosse] off at SJC.

And you look very dumb for continuing to defend Trig. Or should I say Trig, you look very dumb?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a Trump surrogate. Instead of focusing on your own owner's terrible behavior, you deflect by talking about Trig.

Both guys are scum. Talking about Trig's scummy behavior doesn't take away from the way the madlax guy acts.

Our owner is harmless. People crack me up talking about him and money. You pay 18k to 35k for middle school and you cry about 1k more for travel lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our owner is harmless. People crack me up talking about him and money. You pay 18k to 35k for middle school and you cry about 1k more for travel lacrosse.

You are an enabler. Who posts at 6:53 AM. Guess you like to fire up the Internet before milking the cows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a valid question (without the "stupid"). We should be wondering whether at this particular day/practice something else was in play. If the dehydration is all the coach's doing, wouldn't it be commonplace at all his practices? Something tells me that the boys were being taught a lesson for being unprepared, or behaving badly/illegally. You can argue that the coach could have made his point without taking it so far, but I think there is something else that the boys did or didn't do that is not being discussed. The situation just doesn't make sense.
The timing seems very close to when one team member was expelled from the school. Did the behavior surrounding that disciplinary action play into the issue at practice, or in the coach's firing (or resigning, whichever is true)? Were other players involved in whatever led to the expulsion?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a valid question (without the "stupid"). We should be wondering whether at this particular day/practice something else was in play. If the dehydration is all the coach's doing, wouldn't it be commonplace at all his practices? Something tells me that the boys were being taught a lesson for being unprepared, or behaving badly/illegally. You can argue that the coach could have made his point without taking it so far, but I think there is something else that the boys did or didn't do that is not being discussed. The situation just doesn't make sense.
The timing seems very close to when one team member was expelled from the school. Did the behavior surrounding that disciplinary action play into the issue at practice, or in the coach's firing (or resigning, whichever is true)? Were other players involved in whatever led to the expulsion?

You guys who love and hate Trig are weirdos. Both of you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys who post in the third person are psycho. One of you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still following this blame the kid?

Maybe you have a point if only 1 kid had to be taken away in an ambulance.

It was 3. It took 3 ambulances for Trig to decide he had made his point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys who post in the third person are psycho. One of you

Nobody is posting in the 3rd person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And please observe the quality of the tournaments the top and bottom teams are attending because the bottom team will be playing in tournaments with other clubs top teams.

Top tournaments? You mean like Halloween Havoc? LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And please observe the quality of the tournaments the top and bottom teams are attending because the bottom team will be playing in tournaments with other clubs top teams.

Well Einstein, which tournaments do you consider top tournaments??? Come on, we are waiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The quality of tournaments Madlax enters its second team in are more then on Par with these lower level want a be clubs top teams. You can find other things to bash this club but as a whole you can not bash the level of play they afford the teams to play in. The plat form they place the top teams is clearly elite. The second teams are also placed in tournaments that are prefect for them. The high school second teams will be playing in front of 90 to 120 college coaches after the their three tournaments are over. Can any of the B or C level clubs in NOVA say this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an enabler. Who posts at 6:53 AM. Guess you like to fire up the Internet before milking the cows.

I am a enabler because how because I pay for something and it more then deliverers what I am paying for. At 6:53 I have been at work for a hour and half already. See I work hard so I do not have to BIt$H about 1k a year more for my sons travel lacrosse. Its travel sports they are all a money pit. Keep putting your sons on avg to crappy teams and saving 1k a year. As you drive away in your 80k car and pick them up from a 30k a year middle school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax may be competing in the premier tournaments but they're gonna get spanked, for sure with the Madlax 2020 Capital team. Based on a scrimmage with NL2020 yesterday Madlax looks very weak. Must have lost several of their better players to other programs like BW. Madlax is going to have to change their marketing claiming to be the best program in the DMV, as well as the Cabell lovers on this forum. 2018 & 2019 may be solid but the younger ranks look bad. Yeah, its not all about winning but if you're on a crappy team its hard to get looks as well has hard to justify the cost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax may be competing in the premier tournaments but they're gonna get spanked, for sure with the Madlax 2020 Capital team. Based on a scrimmage with NL2020 yesterday Madlax looks very weak. Must have lost several of their better players to other programs like BW. Madlax is going to have to change their marketing claiming to be the best program in the DMV, as well as the Cabell lovers on this forum. 2018 & 2019 may be solid but the younger ranks look bad. Yeah, its not all about winning but if you're on a crappy team its hard to get looks as well has hard to justify the cost.

The 2020 is what it is. But Madlax 2022 and 2024 are really good teams. The travel world in the DMV is a fickle beast. Madlax has been doing it at a high level for 20 years. The Next level 2020 is a great team. But what is Next levels 2021,22,23,24 teams look like. And how good are their 2019,18,17 teams. There will always be groups of top players that stick together and pick a team this can change the balance of the club rankings. But a club like Madlax will always be a rock for the great players out of the in crowd to play high level lacrosse. And as for them winning or losing we have proven that is not that important when you get to the high school teams

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 86 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard