BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 32 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Welcome to world of youth lacrosse. It's a shame US Lacrosse has no teeth and can't put a stop to this holdback nonsense. The Maryland clubs that draw from the Baltimore private schools are the kings of this scam. Crabs, FCA and Looneys being the biggest offenders. Crabs 2020 roster had a 16 year old on their 8th grade team. wth?

My son played against Looneys last spring @ Blue Hen, and there were literally 7+ boys out starting for them on the opening faceoff that were over 6' Saw pretty much the same thing with all of the teams in that tourney for the 2021 bracket, and that also included a lot of PA teams.

And Looney's 2021 is a very average team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why LI kids dominate the U15 teams, the Pa, Md and Va kids don't make age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question to those who have been through this before. My son was invited to play in a few tournaments with his JV team. Would you pick the travel team tournament, or the JV tournament if there is a conflict? He isn't on an elite team, he's on a solid A or B team whatever terminology you want to chose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why LI kids dominate the U15 teams, the Pa, Md and Va kids don't make age

How can a boy not make age in an age-based tournament??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As someone who was in your shoes send him with your town JV team. My 2019 son played with JV team in fall 2 years ago, ended up starting on his JV team as an 8th grader, then played varsity as a freshman.

If he can make the size/speed adjustment, you will see a quantum leap in his game this season. He must also pass the dopey physical skills test come spring, but I say go for it as middle school lacrosse is practically unwatchable.

No one is watching local 8th grade fall tournaments, don't let your club guilt you. He has a better chance of being seen with the older kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As someone who was in your shoes send him with your town JV team. My 2019 son played with JV team in fall 2 years ago, ended up starting on his JV team as an 8th grader, then played varsity as a freshman.

If he can make the size/speed adjustment, you will see a quantum leap in his game this season. He must also pass the dopey physical skills test come spring, but I say go for it as middle school lacrosse is practically unwatchable.

No one is watching local 8th grade fall tournaments, don't let your club guilt you. He has a better chance of being seen with the older kids.
That is what I was thinking. He is a big boy, so he will match up size wise, and has been doing well playing with them so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is 91 Blaze this weekend ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any were Igloo is not playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aint that the truth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH That's a good one!!!! Looser

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH That's a good one!!!! Looser

LOL. Looser. Go get an education.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True hurts..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the father of Igloo's 8th middie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't they suppose to be in 8th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is what I was thinking. He is a big boy, so he will match up size wise, and has been doing well playing with them so far.

Skills test changed last year last time the old test was used 2020 was in 7th and 2019 was in 8th. Heard it was easier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple of things. Is he a potential early recruiting kid? Is he on any D1 radar yet? Is the travel tournament one where he could be seen? If the answer to the first question is no, then play with JV. If it's yes to all three, then play travel. Again, if not early recruiting kid, play with JV. Playing up made my son better in 8th and 9th grade. When he went back to playing on age with travel, he looked like a superstar. He committed to a good D1 program in the early part of 10th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple of things. Is he a potential early recruiting kid? Is he on any D1 radar yet? Is the travel tournament one where he could be seen? If the answer to the first question is no, then play with JV. If it's yes to all three, then play travel. Again, if not early recruiting kid, play with JV. Playing up made my son better in 8th and 9th grade. When he went back to playing on age with travel, he looked like a superstar. He committed to a good D1 program in the early part of 10th grade.
He isn't on anyone's radar as far as I know. He hasn't been picked up by Blaze or Igloo, so I would guess he would have to develop more to be a D1 prospect. He was a backup on his team and is now a starter, and the Varsity coach is really eager to get him into JV to have him ready to play as a Freshman. Thanks for the feedback, I will have to see about the tournament. The JV tournament is at Stony Brook, so I don't think that it is a recruiting one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He isn't on anyone's radar as far as I know. He hasn't been picked up by Blaze or Igloo, so I would guess he would have to develop more to be a D1 prospect. He was a backup on his team and is now a starter, and the Varsity coach is really eager to get him into JV to have him ready to play as a Freshman. Thanks for the feedback, I will have to see about the tournament. The JV tournament is at Stony Brook, so I don't think that it is a recruiting one.

Been there done that. If varsity coach is interested in bringing him up do what you can when you can. Fall/Winter extras just do it. Not to be a kiss [lacrosse] but so your kid get used to the other kids.

But make sure you guys (Coach/Player/parent/AD) are on the same page. Many mis-communications can happen and turn things soar on either your side or theirs. Communication is key.

I am not sure it makes a difference if an early recruiting kid or not. It does however make a difference if you are on one of the top teams in your age and if you are going to recruiting tournaments. You cant miss practice or mis a tournamnet.

High school games and practice always comes first.

Good luck to you, it was a great experience for my son, sure he learned a lot of things before his time but he took it all in stride. Just please know going in JV isnt a be all end all, it is very frustrating (coaching isnt always great refs stink) Depending on the town JV is an extension of PAL dont think it is a majic bullet to amazing play. but enjoy it and make sure it is fun because it is a longer grind than he will be use to both mentally and physically.

PS - big boy meaning what - IMHO if young (MS) gotta be 170lb or above!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is u15 really 2021 or is that 2020/2019

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been there done that. If varsity coach is interested in bringing him up do what you can when you can. Fall/Winter extras just do it. Not to be a kiss [lacrosse] but so your kid get used to the other kids.

But make sure you guys (Coach/Player/parent/AD) are on the same page. Many mis-communications can happen and turn things soar on either your side or theirs. Communication is key.

I am not sure it makes a difference if an early recruiting kid or not. It does however make a difference if you are on one of the top teams in your age and if you are going to recruiting tournaments. You cant miss practice or mis a tournamnet.

Good luck to you, it was a great experience for my son, sure he learned a lot of things before his time but he took it all in stride. Just please know going in JV isnt a be all end all, it is very frustrating (coaching isnt always great refs stink) Depending on the town JV is an extension of PAL dont think it is a majic bullet to amazing play. but enjoy it and make sure it is fun because it is a longer grind than he will be use to both mentally and physically.

"HS always comes first" ok coach whatever you say. I say BS!!! Your SON always comes first, especially if your talking recruiting. HS comes first in the Spring, that's it! You do what is in the best interest of your son, plain and simple. Your HS Coach will get over it. Especially if your son is a D1 level talent. He'll have to come spring, trust me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is u15 really 2021 or is that 2020/2019

u15 = under 15, so 14 yo - that would be largely 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can a boy not make age in an age-based tournament??

The point was they aren't eligible. I would have thought that was evident.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"HS always comes first" ok coach whatever you say. I say BS!!! Your SON always comes first, especially if your talking recruiting. HS comes first in the Spring, that's it! You do what is in the best interest of your son, plain and simple. Your HS Coach will get over it. Especially if your son is a D1 level talent. He'll have to come spring, trust me!

To clarify (Jack [lacrosse]) HS comes first in season. To the douchey dad that says your son comes first, sure does, and understanding the role each part plays is yours. HS also comes first, in a limited role, in the summer. No, I am not a coach but just trying to help.

You must be a winner at those school games. There is a difference between me me me and team team team!!! i hope you know the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great advice. I really appreciate all of the input from you fine people. The coach is great, he played for him this summer and in the fall league. They invited him to the winter practices, so he is doing that. Believe it or not, the varisty coach is ok with him missing the tournament, as long as he gets to the indoor this winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great advice. I really appreciate all of the input from you fine people. The coach is great, he played for him this summer and in the fall league. They invited him to the winter practices, so he is doing that. Believe it or not, the varisty coach is ok with him missing the tournament, as long as he gets to the indoor this winter.

Awesome good luck. Communication is the key!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Avalanche is supposed to be a top team? Didn't look like it yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Avalanche has fallen in a massive slide, it's only a matter of time before it completely melts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year they were a B plus team to A minus team. Yesterday they looked like a solid B team. The team made many changes so you have to give them time. They should get back to where they were last year but yesterday they did not look good at all. They struggled against teams they would have beat by ten last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year they were a B plus team to A minus team. Yesterday they looked like a solid B team. The team made many changes so you have to give them time. They should get back to where they were last year but yesterday they did not look good at all. They struggled against teams they would have beat by ten last year.

Who is 2way? Avalanche should have walked away with this division. Did they lose players? I heard a few went to Ambush and Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true this Fall 2021Greyhounds and Express have been playing with a few 2020 kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true this Fall 2021Greyhounds and Express have been playing with a few 2020 kids?
. I know the Greyhounds have at least 3 kids who were held back this year. I can confirm 2 kids from Taz and one from Crush who now play with them. I'm not sure if there are others or if there are any 2020 kids playing with them. They have a lot of talent but don't seem to be playing well this fall. I think that's what happens when you keep changing your roster every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is 2way? Avalanche should have walked away with this division. Did they lose players? I heard a few went to Ambush and Express

a new/good program out of Ct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So there's a "10th" grader playing for Blaze/Crush he has a habit of being held back , lol....He will be driving his grade appropriate 2021 teammates to away tournaments when he enters the High school setting , but no one post about that.. LMFAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So there's a "10th" grader playing for Blaze/Crush he has a habit of being held back , lol....He will be driving his grade appropriate 2021 teammates to away tournaments when he enters the High school setting , but no one post about that.. LMFAO

I think that's known as the double holdback!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing they are encouraging the Holdback or double holdback and then some as part of the criteria for the New Improved Bandits. Crazy thing is the parents would actually consider if the coach recommended.

I think that's known as the double holdback!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2Way 2021 is a B level team, they won the "A" at Blatant because it was really a "B" level bracket but it makes parents feel better to think they are actually paying/playing top level teams!
The AA bracket was won by Black Ice in a truly top level bracket, it was fun to watch lacrosse at that level!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you guys think about the Express vs Black ice games. Only one goal games. Fluke or no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether or not the legacy and express kids really re-classed, these teams have no issue calling a 9th grader who is born after 9/1/02 a 2021 player because of the USL date.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you guys think about the Express vs Black ice games. Only one goal games. Fluke or no?

Is'nt that a fish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Black ice looked very good not exceptional... (missing kids?)

Page 6 of 32 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard