BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 102 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is crazy how most on this board are so worried about who is ranked where.

The bottom line is the kids will get better playing against better teams. I am happy Express, Igloo and S2S are all close.

Imagine how great this spring/summer can be if instead of spending a ton of $$$ to play average teams in Maryland, We can have 4 way scrimmages between Bandits, Express, Igloo S2S. Have a BBQ at fields and let boys enjoy playing cometitive lax and then hang out after.

would be amazing wouldn't it.

You know I can understand the crazy parent that comes on here and bashes a team their son played for and had a bad experience. They are venting. It's immature, granted, but at least they have a reason that directly impacted their son.

That said, their is nothing sadder than the parent that comes on here and ranks and criticizes a team that their son has never played for. That takes loser to a whole new level.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm pretty sure it said until they beat a top team. Not "losing by one at halftime". There's nothing wrong with being in the second tier. Kids will play against great competition and improve. They are a very good team; however, I'm just not sure they should be included in the top tier.
[/quote]

According to your logic - the HBs shouldn't be in the top tier because they have NEVER beaten the Bandits. Guess they should be in the second tier as well. Please use common sense. Again, competition is good...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading back the last 7-8 pages on this thread, I'm repulsed by the amount of negativity in all of the comments.
My heart goes out to the kids being raised by these individuals.
This is a sport meant to develop social skills, team concepts, to foster hard work and ultimately have fun. The fact that the focus is on belittling children, and coaches, that put in a ton of time so the kids can have a great experience - is a true testament to our current society (not good). The children of these individuals will probably tap out of this sport in the next few years based on the fact it's just NOT FUN anymore. Well done...carry on...

I agree with most a what you said, ave for the coaches - the coaches, and more so the directors (many of whom coach), spend a lot of time to make money. Make no mistake about that - there is no altruism in travel lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine how great this spring/summer can be if instead of spending a ton of $$$ to play average teams in Maryland, We can have 4 way scrimmages between Bandits, Express, Igloo S2S. Have a BBQ at fields and let boys enjoy playing cometitive lax and then hang out after.
/quote]

Agreed - throw in the Warriors, Outlaws, Tornados and whoever else want in. We would never have to leave LI

I'd buy into that. That's pretty much why Maryland teams don't come up here. They do this regularly. Unfortunately, there's too much money in running tourneys so the big clubs will never agree to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now you are talking... that would be a fun barbecue. Igloo brings the potato salad and Express can bring the coleslaw. Given the number of games we can even do a pig roast.

For all the directors that may be afraid tournament fees will go down... don't worry, the teams will still play in them and still travel off island so they can play against other competitive teams outside "Strong" Island.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone please stop. Nothing has changed at this age. The top 4 teams are still the same: Bandits a clear #1, Igloo, S2S and HBs are next. They all played each other: S2S beat HBs, HBs beat Igloo, Igloo beat S2S. Good solid competition. Igloo then won the championship. Not sure what the big deal is that Igloo beat HBs 11-2 in championship. HBs beat Igloo 9-3 an hour earlier.

Can we all move on from the BM stuff. He won with the HBs team when they were in 3rd and 4th grade! Are you kidding me? They were 7 & 8 years old. 3/4 of the kids playing now weren't even playing then. He is a good coach, let him coach his new team and let AJ coach his team.

As far as everyone else in the bracket: look at who you played. When you played good teams in the playoffs I think it is clear what level you are at. Nothing wrong with where you are. Just don't come on here saying you are a top team in the grade. You had a good day - enjoy it. You coming on here making all kind of crazy statements is what is wrong with youth lacrosse.

There are going to be some good battles between the Bandits, HBs, S2S and Igloo. For now, the Warriors, Outlaws, Tornados, etc. are the next level. No shame in that. The boys are 11. Some will get better some will get worse.

Please make sure your son enjoys playing the games - try to be supportive and not ruin his fun. At the end of the day this is supposed to be FUN! Please remember that...

The team with the most practices so far won --- and thats a good example. Practice hard and often and good things happen. Congrats to Igloo, they won this round!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm pretty sure it said until they beat a top team. Not "losing by one at halftime". There's nothing wrong with being in the second tier. Kids will play against great competition and improve. They are a very good team; however, I'm just not sure they should be included in the top tier.

According to your logic - the HBs shouldn't be in the top tier because they have NEVER beaten the Bandits. Guess they should be in the second tier as well. Please use common sense. Again, competition is good... [/quote]

They beat Igloo, though. I think it's difficult to rank teams because I can't remember a tournament where everyone has played. Heck, I don't even think all of the teams have ever played each other. To say that there is a top 4 is a little tough to justify. Also, where do you stop? Does Laxachusettes Black come into play? Warriors? FCA? Crabs? BLC? Diamondbacks? Brotherly Love? Outlaws? Tornados? Madlax? Dukes National? Edge? Looneys? Annapolis Hawks? 90+1 Maryland? How many teams have actually played all of these guys? Your rankings seem senseless until they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone please stop. Nothing has changed at this age. The top 4 teams are still the same: Bandits a clear #1, Igloo, S2S and HBs are next. They all played each other: S2S beat HBs, HBs beat Igloo, Igloo beat S2S. Good solid competition. Igloo then won the championship. Not sure what the big deal is that Igloo beat HBs 11-2 in championship. HBs beat Igloo 9-3 an hour earlier.

Can we all move on from the BM stuff. He won with the HBs team when they were in 3rd and 4th grade! Are you kidding me? They were 7 & 8 years old. 3/4 of the kids playing now weren't even playing then. He is a good coach, let him coach his new team and let AJ coach his team.

As far as everyone else in the bracket: look at who you played. When you played good teams in the playoffs I think it is clear what level you are at. Nothing wrong with where you are. Just don't come on here saying you are a top team in the grade. You had a good day - enjoy it. You coming on here making all kind of crazy statements is what is wrong with youth lacrosse.

There are going to be some good battles between the Bandits, HBs, S2S and Igloo. For now, the Warriors, Outlaws, Tornados, etc. are the next level. No shame in that. The boys are 11. Some will get better some will get worse.

Please make sure your son enjoys playing the games - try to be supportive and not ruin his fun. At the end of the day this is supposed to be FUN! Please remember that...

The team with the most practices so far won --- and thats a good example. Practice hard and often and good things happen. Congrats to Igloo, they won this round!

Actually, Tornados have definitely practiced more. We've been going 2-3 times a week. We'll be ready in the spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, Tornados have definitely practiced more. We've been going 2-3 times a week. We'll be ready in the spring.

But you said you were going to be ready in the fall. Remember you were going to win all the t-shirts! lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's is no more HB or Honey Badgers.
Gone.
Done.

They were a great 3rd and 4th grade team.
Boys are in 6th grade. (Some in 7th).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you said you were going to be ready in the fall. Remember you were going to win all the t-shirts! lol

BM told us this tourney was not as important so therefore we didn't win every game. We'll get you guys in the Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Falls not over. Some clubs play more than on tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If parents really want these LI clubs to play more, you should probably stop posting so much crap after the few times they play now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to your logic - the HBs shouldn't be in the top tier because they have NEVER beaten the Bandits. Guess they should be in the second tier as well. Please use common sense. Again, competition is good...

They beat Igloo, though. I think it's difficult to rank teams because I can't remember a tournament where everyone has played. Heck, I don't even think all of the teams have ever played each other. To say that there is a top 4 is a little tough to justify. Also, where do you stop? Does Laxachusettes Black come into play? Warriors? FCA? Crabs? BLC? Diamondbacks? Brotherly Love? Outlaws? Tornados? Madlax? Dukes National? Edge? Looneys? Annapolis Hawks? 90+1 Maryland? How many teams have actually played all of these guys? Your rankings seem senseless until they do. [/quote]

How many of those teams has Igloo and/or S2S played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gone.
Done.

Exactly, they were a great team in 4th grade and today they are not. The differences are new kids and no BM. The new kids are better so they should be even a greater team, but they aren't.

The team is 85% the same group. 4 kids are different. The primary core of that team is the same. The chemistry BM instilled in that core is what remains. The comparison still remains. BM had them moving in the right direction and at 6th grade, they were on track to be the best team in the grade. Today, they are complacent and play flat which allowed others to catch up. That failure is 100% due to not having BM as the coach.

Like it or not. That team will always be the team BM built and developed. They were team that was hungry to win when BM was coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gone.
Done.

Exactly, they were a great team in 4th grade and today they are not. The differences are new kids and no BM. The new kids are better so they should be even a greater team, but they aren't.

The team is 85% the same group. 4 kids are different. The primary core of that team is the same. The chemistry BM instilled in that core is what remains. The comparison still remains. BM had them moving in the right direction and at 6th grade, they were on track to be the best team in the grade. Today, they are complacent and play flat which allowed others to catch up. That failure is 100% due to not having BM as the coach.

Like it or not. That team will always be the team BM built and developed. They were team that was hungry to win when BM was coach.

Long live BM. I want his autograph.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever is writing this stuff about how great the Badgers were and how great BM is really needs their head examined. You talk about him like he was Bill Walsh coaching the 49er dynasty. The reality is he coached 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders 2-3 times a week year round and won some games. That is it - nothing more. With every year there is more competition and it gets harder to stay near the top. Move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They beat Igloo, though. I think it's difficult to rank teams because I can't remember a tournament where everyone has played. Heck, I don't even think all of the teams have ever played each other. To say that there is a top 4 is a little tough to justify. Also, where do you stop? Does Laxachusettes Black come into play? Warriors? FCA? Crabs? BLC? Diamondbacks? Brotherly Love? Outlaws? Tornados? Madlax? Dukes National? Edge? Looneys? Annapolis Hawks? 90+1 Maryland? How many teams have actually played all of these guys? Your rankings seem senseless until they do.

How many of those teams has Igloo and/or S2S played? [/quote]

My guess is not too many..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever is writing this stuff about how great the Badgers were and how great BM is really needs their head examined. You talk about him like he was Bill Walsh coaching the 49er dynasty. The reality is he coached 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders 2-3 times a week year round and won some games. That is it - nothing more. With every year there is more competition and it gets harder to stay near the top. Move on.

But if we stop talking about him then we'll forget about him. I don't know what to do if there is nothing more to read about the legendary BM. I did hear that he is now a grumpy old man living in a cabin in the woods.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like it or not. That team will always be the team BM built and developed. They were team that was hungry to win when BM was coach. [/quote]

Are you serious? How much did they develop in 3rd and 4th grade? They couldn't walk and chew gum in 3rd and 4th grade. That he "developed" them when they were 7 & 8 years old could be the funniest thing ever written on this board. Please stop writing - it is embarrassing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is he in the Lacrosse Hall of Fame yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is he in the Lacrosse Hall of Fame yet?

No. He's in the hall of LAME.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy, is this a 6th grade thread?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you will learn from this thread is that a lot of parents don't like some guy BM and that 91, Express, Igloo and S2S are the Elite teams in this age group. You also will get a sprinkle of parents complaining about the hold backs. You may also learn that only the A team matters. If you are coming on this thread did gain any useful information regarding 2023 Youth Travel Lax keep it moving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy, is this a 6th grade thread?

More like toxic.

The conversation either starts out negative or someone posts something positive and, hopefully a small number of people, quickly tear it apart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had a BM this morning. It felt good to clear things out and start my day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any tournaments this weekend? I know some teams are going to Rutgers, but anything else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any tournaments this weekend? I know some teams are going to Rutgers, but anything else?
there is one up in Purchase

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney in Purchase had odd mix of teams. Only known teams were Outlaws, kinda Predators (using a different name Bail Bonds), and kinda 2Way (using a different name Machine) and Tristate 4+5+1. Outlaws, Preds and 2Way crushed everyone. 2Way beat Outlaws in finals. It wasn't 41 degrees and raining so everyone won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney in Purchase had odd mix of teams. Only known teams were Outlaws, kinda Predators (using a different name Bail Bonds), and kinda 2Way (using a different name Machine) and Tristate 4+5+1. Outlaws, Preds and 2Way crushed everyone. 2Way beat Outlaws in finals. It wasn't 41 degrees and raining so everyone won.

Anyone know how the 2nd Outlaws team did yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait. Outlaws Select lost to a team called Bail Bonds? You are saying they lost to the Bad News Bears??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know how the 2nd Outlaws team did yesterday?

2nd or Gold team didn't play yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 88 + 3 do in Md today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be on wrong thread. Neither 2023 team was in Md. Unless they have three teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought it was 88/3 NY just heard it was there Md team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9D1 one as well as Igloo 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you to the Owners/Managers of my son's 2023 team, who don't feel the need to make us go to Anapolis for a 6th grade fall tournament.

When does the stupidity end?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you to the Owners/Managers of my son's 2023 team, who don't feel the need to make us go to Anapolis for a 6th grade fall tournament.

I can't tell if you're annoyed they didn't go or that other people's teams would. But my son's team played in the tournament and the team, as a whole, played against good competition and got better in all facets of the game. So I appreciated the time (and $$) that I spent to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It ends when you get over the fact that your son didn't make the team and you get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on how the Bandits did "playing up" at Rutgers this weekend against some of Jersey's finest 2022 (B) teams?

Page 33 of 102 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard