BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 91 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
just an observation, team 24 needs to teach their kids to pass the ball in one of the their 50 practices this season.

What team would you be from??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw their 2025 team won the b bracket. They looked like a good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50 practices? is that for real. that is an agressive number.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just an observation, team 24 needs to teach their kids to pass the ball in one of the their 50 practices this season.

Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will do it...they locked in a ton of field space

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo

Igloo should stick to making pretend they are a contender..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For a town team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Horrible message!!! Down by 12 and Slash all you want!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wth are you talking about? What mistake did any parent make?
Being Vocal about a very disturbing play on the field?
If I was an IGLOO parent I would be more than concerned about how the team conducted themselves on the field. There are bad plays and there are DANGEROUS plays...

That was a very DANGEROUS play and no one brings there kid down in the pouring rain for that type of behavior. SAD SAD SAD. Barone is a good guy and needs to make sure this doesn't happen again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not have a player on either team but I did see the game. I believe that the player from Igloo lost his cool because they were losing. I do not believe for one moment that he, or any child would intentionally hurt someone. Does it need to be addressed? Yes, and I am sure a conversation took place. What concerns me more is that everyone is brushing over the fact that the parent on the sidelines was "mildly intoxicated"! I can't wait for the day alcohol is banned from these tournaments. It is out of control. I walk by some of these fancy tents that all the parents hang out under in between games with their solo cups and often wonder who's driving these kids home?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sure they looked good playing in a bracket with two 2026 teams, a town travel team and to "C" travel teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sure they looked good playing in a bracket with two 2026 teams, a town travel team and to "C" travel teams

Sorry this was in response to an earlier post about Team 24 2025 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down 10-0 and he puts the kid back in after the penalty?

Classless and embarrassing Coach.

That's all on the coach and is disgusting. It's called "Sportsmanship" and "Self Control". Make it a teachable moment. As a coach developing young men it is completely irresponsible and reprehensible of the coach. He should be ashamed of himself. Garbage like this is becoming contagious on LI and needs to be identified and corrected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their 2025 team was in a weak bracket. We played them at a tournament earlier in the Fall and beat them by double digits, I think everyone did that tournament. That's with mandatory working the ball around twice before even going to the goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No actually just the legacy golden geese team beat them by double digits in the Columbus Day tournament so you must be a parent from that team. So not surprised by your obnoxious comment. Too bad for the geese its parents like you that ruin sports for everyone else. And the team only played one 2026 team on Saturday. They played in the b bracket which is the right ability level for them so why do you have to put them down? They played mamas boyz in the championship who happened to be a very competitive team. Their goalie was awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their 2025 team was in a weak bracket. We played them at a tournament earlier in the Fall and beat them by double digits, I think everyone did that tournament. That's with mandatory working the ball around twice before even going to the goal.
Remember Geese Daddy, "WE" didn't win anything. You sat on the sideline with your red solo cup living your life through a bunch of 8 year olds. Sad my friend, real sad. Time to get a life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No actually just the legacy golden geese team beat them by double digits in the Columbus Day tournament so you must be a parent from that team. So not surprised by your obnoxious comment. Too bad for the geese its parents like you that ruin sports for everyone else. And the team only played one 2026 team on Saturday. They played in the b bracket which is the right ability level for them so why do you have to put them down? They played mamas boyz in the championship who happened to be a very competitive team. Their goalie was awesome.

They got hammered by express and geese in that tournament, lost to ###### b team and beat a rebuilding express b team. The bracket this past weekend was very weak. And they barely beat a town travel team and a weak Mamas Boyz team. Keep drinking the cool aid dude its only costing you %1600

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know the cost of playing for team 24? Doesn't sound at all like a geese parent at all because why would they care or try to find out the cost? more like a bitter PAL parent just trying to stir the pot. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know the cost of playing for team 24? Doesn't sound at all like a geese parent at all because why would they care or try to find out the cost? more like a bitter PAL parent just trying to stir the pot. Get a life.

Not a bitter PAL parent douch. If you're happy spending that kind of money to play against 3rd graders and sub par teams you really are a moron. But hey who am I to tell you how to spend your money you loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow must have struck a nerve getting all crazy pants with your insults. It's 4th grade lacrosse. Grow up. Maybe it's not in everyone's budget to spend $3,000 to play on a travel team. Unless a team is hosting a tournament how would anyone know what other teams plan on entering? Why would a brand new b level team enter an a bracket? To get crushed? A level teams like geese, express, 91 igloo etc belong in the a bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow must have struck a nerve getting all crazy pants with your insults. It's 4th grade lacrosse. Grow up. Maybe it's not in everyone's budget to spend $3,000 to play on a travel team. Unless a team is hosting a tournament how would anyone know what other teams plan on entering? Why would a brand new b level team enter an a bracket? To get crushed? A level teams like geese, express, 91 igloo etc belong in the a bracket.

No nerve struck, keep collecting those T-Shirts. Why did you go in the Columbus Day Tournament if you knew you were gonna get crushed? Like I said keep drinking the cool aid.
Yo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry this was in response to an earlier post about Team 24 2025 team

BASH the kids if you must [lacrosse] but they only played 1 2026 which had no business being there. They beat these Mama Boyz who brought 5th graders down for the finals and still lost. Those kids only practiced about 8 times together so they did well IMO. They are a very strong B team. Come spring the smack Igloo around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only team to beat them by double digits was Geese. They had only practiced 4 times at that point. Not saying they can compete with the big 3 but isn't that how you get better????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember Geese Daddy, "WE" didn't win anything. You sat on the sideline with your red solo cup living your life through a bunch of 8 year olds. Sad my friend, real sad. Time to get a life

They boys were happy and that is all that matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo lost got hammered to by Express so I guess they are on the same level d bag.

They got hammered by express and geese in that tournament, lost to ###### b team and beat a rebuilding express b team. The bracket this past weekend was very weak. And they barely beat a town travel team and a weak Mamas Boyz team. Keep drinking the cool aid dude its only costing you %1600

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a bitter PAL parent douch. If you're happy spending that kind of money to play against 3rd graders and sub par teams you really are a moron. But hey who am I to tell you how to spend your money you loser.

They played 1 3rd grade team that had no business being in that bracket. I think they are better then Igloo right now. Maybe we should pay $3000 to be on 2nd team of one of the big 3 so we can puff our chests out. Go get your shine box boy...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree expect for the Igloo part, They are a B team..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No nerve struck, keep collecting those T-Shirts. Why did you go in the Columbus Day Tournament if you knew you were gonna get crushed? Like I said keep drinking the cool aid.

Why you ask??? Because they needed another team last minute. Other so called a teams must have been hiding.
Yo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, sounds like the only nerve that has been struck is the parents who shelled out that kind of money to play 2026 teams, town teams and lower tier travel programs. Enjoy your T-Shirts, come spring what a joke!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo

Agree. Team is at the bottom of the age bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo

Go back to the 2025 feed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, sounds like the only nerve that has been struck is the parents who shelled out that kind of money to play 2026 teams, town teams and lower tier travel programs. Enjoy your T-Shirts, come spring what a joke!!

Real hard behind the keyboard. you probably huddle up during tourney time with other D**kless dads gossiping like little women.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo

THANK YOU! This is 2024. In glad my son isn't in 2025. These parents are pathetic. I thought 2025 had crazies...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo

Lets talk about 2029 now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about 2036???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 should learn to recognize a double or triple team and pass to the open man. Running into and through a double and triple team gets kids hurt when they get older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 should learn to recognize a double or triple team and pass to the open man. Running into and through a double and triple team gets kids hurt when they get older.

There is a couple of boys on that team that do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, it's gotten that bad that the 2025 banter has jumped into the 2024 thread.

Who knows if the intentions of the first post about TwentyFour was to start (S***) or if it was just an observation but we all need to know that no matter what is posted on here, it will be ridiculed.

I get it, 91, Express, Igloo, Legacy all clearly "elite" travel teams, no question. Then there are your "B" teams or lower tier teams. I watched these "elite" teams and I was impressed. Eventually with hard work and some good coaching/mentoring, there will be several more A-teams.

Stay in that elite world, it fits for what you are trying to do, leave everyone else alone. Travel town teams need to back off start-ups as well. It's not fair to a kid that wants to grow as a player to be punished. All of these programs are good and they ALL meet or exceed what a parent is looking for so their child can become a better player. Some may be blinded by the big names, so be it, if they have the money, have at it.

So we bash B-brackets while bundled up under three layers of jackets and sweatshirts drinking coffee, while a child is out there busting their butt for the love of the game. Here's the challenge for the "elite" parents, it's your turn, put the gear on get out there and run up and down the field in rainy cold weather and prove to them that you belong in the "elite" division, oh wait, it has nothing to do with you, it's your kids that are playing, so why do you think it's OK for you to be their voice? Please stop with this "weak" team nonsense, ALL teams have their weaknesses from too many kids on a roster to undesirable coaches to ridiculous costs. It is what it is.

Forget Trump and Clinton for the fall of Western civilization, we need to focus on youth sports and it's not even the kids it's the parents. Again there are awesome teams out their but don't fault a 9 year old because of politics, because parents work and the travel team they have selected fits their needs but can give their child a little more than maybe a PAL team. PARENTS ruin sports, period. The only way your kid is talking like this is because they hear it from mom and dad.

STAY OUT OF IT. Let the coaches coach, let the kids play and if you're not happy look for another option. You add nothing to the team or the development of your child if all you do is BASH, BASH, BASH.

Chances are your child is going to be more than a professional lacrosse player and what will your response be, "NO WAY, we invested too much time and money into youth lacrosse for you to be a doctor, a fireman, a lawyer, etc."

Here is a suggestion (start bashing away) but I will provide anyway. Be a chauffer, be that ATM machine for when they need gear, be their fan, be their support, DON'T be their voice, they can handle it, trust me, but if they can't, that would be YOUR fault.

Back to the bracket issue. SO a new team goes to a tournament where they may not belong at the start, they get beat up, but I did not see one kid from that team with his head down crying, but I did see a lot of disappointed parents, WHY? ALL you did was drive them their so get over it. Hopefully it was a learning experience for the coaches who the parents pay to train their children. They make some adjustments, enter a tournament based on their ability as a new program (with NO CONTROL over who is in the bracket with them) beat some teams WIN, they wear their CHAMPIONSHIP shirts to school proud as can be and you MOCK them for it? Those boys earned those shirts, PERIOD. That is truly SAD and this is why parents have no place on the field.

When I start my travel program I guarantee the parents will not like it. The boys don't have to try out, the parents do!

PLEASE just stop.

Can't wait to see the masters degree rebuttals to this post but like everything else on this board, it's JUST AN OPINION, right?

#ALLHOPEISGONE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best post I've ever read. Thank you!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, it's gotten that bad that the 2025 banter has jumped into the 2024 thread.

Who knows if the intentions of the first post about TwentyFour was to start (S***) or if it was just an observation but we all need to know that no matter what is posted on here, it will be ridiculed.

I get it, 91, Express, Igloo, Legacy all clearly "elite" travel teams, no question. Then there are your "B" teams or lower tier teams. I watched these "elite" teams and I was impressed. Eventually with hard work and some good coaching/mentoring, there will be several more A-teams.

Stay in that elite world, it fits for what you are trying to do, leave everyone else alone. Travel town teams need to back off start-ups as well. It's not fair to a kid that wants to grow as a player to be punished. All of these programs are good and they ALL meet or exceed what a parent is looking for so their child can become a better player. Some may be blinded by the big names, so be it, if they have the money, have at it.

So we bash B-brackets while bundled up under three layers of jackets and sweatshirts drinking coffee, while a child is out there busting their butt for the love of the game. Here's the challenge for the "elite" parents, it's your turn, put the gear on get out there and run up and down the field in rainy cold weather and prove to them that you belong in the "elite" division, oh wait, it has nothing to do with you, it's your kids that are playing, so why do you think it's OK for you to be their voice? Please stop with this "weak" team nonsense, ALL teams have their weaknesses from too many kids on a roster to undesirable coaches to ridiculous costs. It is what it is.

Forget Trump and Clinton for the fall of Western civilization, we need to focus on youth sports and it's not even the kids it's the parents. Again there are awesome teams out their but don't fault a 9 year old because of politics, because parents work and the travel team they have selected fits their needs but can give their child a little more than maybe a PAL team. PARENTS ruin sports, period. The only way your kid is talking like this is because they hear it from mom and dad.

STAY OUT OF IT. Let the coaches coach, let the kids play and if you're not happy look for another option. You add nothing to the team or the development of your child if all you do is BASH, BASH, BASH.

Chances are your child is going to be more than a professional lacrosse player and what will your response be, "NO WAY, we invested too much time and money into youth lacrosse for you to be a doctor, a fireman, a lawyer, etc."

Here is a suggestion (start bashing away) but I will provide anyway. Be a chauffer, be that ATM machine for when they need gear, be their fan, be their support, DON'T be their voice, they can handle it, trust me, but if they can't, that would be YOUR fault.

Back to the bracket issue. SO a new team goes to a tournament where they may not belong at the start, they get beat up, but I did not see one kid from that team with his head down crying, but I did see a lot of disappointed parents, WHY? ALL you did was drive them their so get over it. Hopefully it was a learning experience for the coaches who the parents pay to train their children. They make some adjustments, enter a tournament based on their ability as a new program (with NO CONTROL over who is in the bracket with them) beat some teams WIN, they wear their CHAMPIONSHIP shirts to school proud as can be and you MOCK them for it? Those boys earned those shirts, PERIOD. That is truly SAD and this is why parents have no place on the field.

When I start my travel program I guarantee the parents will not like it. The boys don't have to try out, the parents do!

PLEASE just stop.

Can't wait to see the masters degree rebuttals to this post but like everything else on this board, it's JUST AN OPINION, right?

#ALLHOPEISGONE

Great post, everyone should *many won't* read this twice and take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourself is that me? If yes make the proper adjustments and move forward.

Page 17 of 91 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard