BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 33 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if she could not crack the top team she was playing on last year , how do you think she will crack one of the top two YJ teams this year. And I seriously doubt this was posted by a YJ parent.. they are arrogant but not this arrogant to start the sentence off with " my kid is secure " . What a tool

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't see anything wrong with being a complete club hopper. I will say thou that if you commit to a team then u should be there for all tournaments,etc... showing up when you want is just wrong. If you make the commitment than stick to it!

Who is secret weapon?

Secret weapon is the girl who hopped from TG, to Leg, and now on YJ

There was a few girls at YJ tryouts that did this, went from TG, Legacy to YJ. 3 were from Leg Teal Last year. So which one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No brand new kid will make YJ top team, the only kids that are going to get moved to the top team are from within and purely political. Watch the new kids and see the towns they are from etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we can all say the secret weapon is a solid B player and would probably shine with some work on that team.. Not ready for the A team yet! Legacy and Topgun got it right. Sorry dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if she could not crack the top team she was playing on last year , how do you think she will crack one of the top two YJ teams this year. And I seriously doubt this was posted by a YJ parent.. they are arrogant but not this arrogant to start the sentence off with " my kid is secure " . What a tool

Actually yes! my kid is secure because she works hard year after year and by season end, we all know where we kind of stand with the teams, so yes I'm pretty confident with my daughters standing on the team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we can all say the secret weapon is a solid B player and would probably shine with some work on that team.. Not ready for the A team yet! Legacy and Topgun got it right. Sorry dad!

Hater! Your kid was probably the one that 'secret weapon' dropped.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see anything wrong with being a complete club hopper. I will say thou that if you commit to a team then u should be there for all tournaments,etc... showing up when you want is just wrong. If you make the commitment than stick to it!

Who is secret weapon?

There is absolutely nothing secret about this girl. She has been brought up ad nauseam by her parents and cronies. Enough. Let this poor girl just play where she belongs. Sometimes the coaches get it right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR already knew infamous girl was coming.. why do you think she was unassociated with the new group. Sad to say she will be on one of our teams... only to be comradery to the team and the program sinks:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is secret weapon?

There is absolutely nothing secret about this girl. She has been brought up ad nauseam by her parents and cronies. Enough. Let this poor girl just play where she belongs. Sometimes the coaches get it right.

Stop bringing the girls parents into this. Her parents haven't posted on this forum once because they don't care about this whole lacrosse A and B team thing. All the want is to make sure their kid is having fun at what she is doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is not on the A team, but we have been around YJ and the tryouts process for quite a while as my older also came through the program. I can tell you this that once the girls get to the white pinney,That pretty much means that they have made A or B, especially if hand picked by CR. As you saw by the tryouts yesterday that girl ran laps around both teams and was one of 3 in the white pinnies, You can also tell who made Blue by who the coaches esp who the owner/head coach is talking and laughing with...There is nothing that jealousy, hating or creating all this drama will do to change that. CR simply does not have time to waste on kids that she believes will not be able to bring something to those teams. She runs her program how she sees fit and nothing you nag and complain about on here will change that. If you still have issues with her choosing other girls over yours, then that is a conversation you need to have with CR. Maybe that is why so many girls were still in red and not moved, That does not mean that you get on here and hate on kids, It just means you work harder and try again next year. We have accepted this reality and are fine with the team my kid is on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is not on the A team, but we have been around YJ and the tryouts process for quite a while as my older also came through the program. I can tell you this that once the girls get to the white pinney,That pretty much means that they have made A or B, especially if hand picked by CR. As you saw by the tryouts yesterday that girl ran laps around both teams and was one of 3 in the white pinnies, You can also tell who made Blue by who the coaches esp who the owner/head coach is talking and laughing with...There is nothing that jealousy, hating or creating all this drama will do to change that. CR simply does not have time to waste on kids that she believes will not be able to bring something to those teams. She runs her program how she sees fit and nothing you nag and complain about on here will change that. If you still have issues with her choosing other girls over yours, then that is a conversation you need to have with CR. Maybe that is why so many girls were still in red and not moved, That does not mean that you get on here and hate on kids, It just means you work harder and try again next year. We have accepted this reality and are fine with the team my kid is on.

Kid ran laps around all the other players? I thought the kid they brought over last year was top dog? We have a new Alpha Dog atop the team now? I see this report from two posters now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Back end deal made before tryouts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So clarification... the white pinneys meant what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is this back end deal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So clarification... the white pinneys meant what?

it means a kid from the top team is getting moved to the b team .....The more white pinnies the more moving down. So if 3 get put on either the a or b team then three will move down from each roster down to the d team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is this back end deal?

Back room or parking lot deal = shady, poaching, stealing, broken promises, weasel, screwing your own you know that type of deal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if the new kid that is better than most kids on the team, bumps a kid thats been on the team for years, but it was done on a back door, thats a bad thing? If the kid is better, everything else is a moot point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great! Even more comradery, since this girl is making 'A' team players bump down to the 'B' team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if the new kid that is better than most kids on the team, bumps a kid thats been on the team for years, but it was done on a back door, thats a bad thing? If the kid is better, everything else is a moot point.

Seems several great players land on this club every year and I would assume all of them are on the radar prior to try outs, all the great players are known commodities at this point. But this case in particular has such a weird vibe to it. A very odd and very strong, shameless promotion of the player to the point of embarrassing levels. A very weird story of treatment on prior teams and very mixed reviews on actually ability. Not involved in age group, don't know the people involved here, all I know is how this ongoing saga has played out on this thread. Good luck to her whatever team she makes, hopefully she finds a club and teammates she fits in with. I think trying to promote a player on an anonymous thread is probably not the best idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole tryout was rigged. Shuttle drills determine how good of a player you are. I guess know we can also say stepping out of your car determines how good of a player you are--

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great! Even more comradery, since this girl is making 'A' team players bump down to the 'B' team...

That's whats great about the YJ program, No spot is guaranteed if there is no progression, You have to bust your but to work hard to keep your spot and that is the way it should be on all programs.....Happens every year at YJ tryouts,girls get bumped all the time. Why do you think all the YJ rejects are at Leg? Remember that program was started on the back of disgruntled players that were demoted at YJ and decided to go to Leg..Same thing with the one's that moved down from TG Black to purple.. They all ended up on Leg. Has nothing to do with comradery but how CR, BS and SS runs their program and how the kids progress each year. If kids are not progressing they have to move. Programs are in it to win. Can't win on a A team filled with B players hence the lack of talent on Leg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buy a clue. YJ most rigged program around. 5 kids from A team weren't even at tryouts yesterday. More F&F than most and private deals everywhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let us all settle down for a minute. The stories, saga and drama of one kid is rather entertaining too say the least. But can this really be true as told, a kid out running everyone all the time is funny, how fast can this kid be? How is said person stick skills? and I bet just bet said person is a ball hog. That doesn't qualify anyone to be on any real A team program. Why the sudden mention of this person everywhere, you mean to say no one ever saw this person at any LI clinics, camps and recognized a diamond in the rough? What coaching she must of had to be kept invisible and then appear from thin air too possibly be playing for CR YJ. These stories don't make sense not buying it. But yet she is not committed uhm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let us all settle down for a minute. The stories, saga and drama of one kid is rather entertaining too say the least. But can this really be true as told, a kid out running everyone all the time is funny, how fast can this kid be? How is said person stick skills? and I bet just bet said person is a ball hog. That doesn't qualify anyone to be on any real A team program. Why the sudden mention of this person everywhere, you mean to say no one ever saw this person at any LI clinics, camps and recognized a diamond in the rough? What coaching she must of had to be kept invisible and then appear from thin air too possibly be playing for CR YJ. These stories don't make sense not buying it. But yet she is not committed uhm.

Too sum it up for you. This kid is very fast, her stick skills are great, she is not a ball hog at all. In fact she is always passing the ball and giving teammates opportunities to shoot. This person is at almost all LI clinics and camps. Not everyone has to be committed to be a great player. Maybe she doesn't want to committ and she's only playing lacrosse because she likes it, not to get committed to a college than after college what is there? Coach at a different college? Rather not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ has only one top team at 2020, next team is a distant second

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid ran laps around all the other players? I thought the kid they brought over last year was top dog? We have a new Alpha Dog atop the team now? I see this report from two posters now.

Being able to run is great, but you still need to catch, throw and shoot at some point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too sum it up for you. This kid is very fast, her stick skills are great, she is not a ball hog at all. In fact she is always passing the ball and giving teammates opportunities to shoot. This person is at almost all LI clinics and camps. Not everyone has to be committed to be a great player. Maybe she doesn't want to committ and she's only playing lacrosse because she likes it, not to get committed to a college than after college what is there? Coach at a different college? Rather not.

Not buying it. If a player that is supposedly this outstanding is in the recruiting zone, she WILL get recruited and she WILL commit. There is no way, in this environment, that she is just playing for fun and has no college lacrosse plans. So, go back, think about that ridiculous statement you made, and try again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not buying it. If a player that is supposedly this outstanding is in the recruiting zone, she WILL get recruited and she WILL commit. There is no way, in this environment, that she is just playing for fun and has no college lacrosse plans. So, go back, think about that ridiculous statement you made, and try again.

I agree, if she was just playing for fun, no need to spend all that money and time on travel...So i guess she wont be going to any showcases, since she doesn't want to be a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's whats great about the YJ program, No spot is guaranteed if there is no progression, You have to bust your but to work hard to keep your spot and that is the way it should be on all programs.....Happens every year at YJ tryouts,girls get bumped all the time. Why do you think all the YJ rejects are at Leg? Remember that program was started on the back of disgruntled players that were demoted at YJ and decided to go to Leg..Same thing with the one's that moved down from TG Black to purple.. They all ended up on Leg. Has nothing to do with comradery but how CR, BS and SS runs their program and how the kids progress each year. If kids are not progressing they have to move. Programs are in it to win. Can't win on a A team filled with B players hence the lack of talent on Leg.

Wow. sounds like someone needs some professional help. Please put down the bottle and focus on your 12 step program. First step is to admit that you have a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are talking about a 2020 girl right? What percentage of 2020's do you think are committed at this point? M&D only has 2 so far and they are one of the best teams in the country. Is it really that shocking that this girl is not committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One word. Average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people all take this sport of girls lacrosse way to seriously. This is not the NFL or MLB. There are no multi million dollar contracts.
I would rather my kid is the weakest player at Brown University than the strongest player at Maryland or UNC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. sounds like someone needs some professional help. Please put down the bottle and focus on your 12 step program. First step is to admit that you have a problem.

Actually sounds right to me. Not fond of them bashing Leg, but I agree with the essence.... Get your [lacrosse] in gear or lose your spot, thank goodness. People crying about lack of loyalty to players, brokered landing spots for studs etc... Know what? that is exactly what draws the top players to the program. They want to be a part of the best assembly of players that they can . And once you are a part of it, keep up with it or your gone. No complacency. You also need to be accepting if your daughter can't keep up. The harshest reality I see repeat itself in girls lacrosse over and over is parents lax skilling a kid up. 2nd and 3rd grade Suzie really starts to stand out. 4th and 5th grade she is lights out and owns the field. 6th and 7th grade things seem to be evening out. 8th and 9th grade-what the [lacrosse] just happened? All these kids with a head start with the skills eventually get caught up to. The kids with speed, vision, athletic ability and pure aggression take over. Those are the things you cant train or teach, they are born with it. Point is that it is absolutely necessary to replace at tryouts in order to remain at the very top of the competition. There are many teams out there with a completely different philosophy, and there is a fit for everyone. Stop complaining about what a shame tryouts are, the track record of the top teams speaks for itself. The end justifies the means.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people all take this sport of girls lacrosse way to seriously. This is not the NFL or MLB. There are no multi million dollar contracts.
I would rather my kid is the weakest player at Brown University than the strongest player at Maryland or UNC.

totally agree but the lager heads on here will disagree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR picks up more talent than she coaches up. I could coach most of these kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blah blah blah... deaf ears. Once again you must have crushed them by 10 or more every time you played them right. Small community [lacrosse]. Why don't you just come out and tell us who you hate and why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually sounds right to me. Not fond of them bashing Leg, but I agree with the essence.... Get your [lacrosse] in gear or lose your spot, thank goodness. People crying about lack of loyalty to players, brokered landing spots for studs etc... Know what? that is exactly what draws the top players to the program. They want to be a part of the best assembly of players that they can . And once you are a part of it, keep up with it or your gone. No complacency. You also need to be accepting if your daughter can't keep up. The harshest reality I see repeat itself in girls lacrosse over and over is parents lax skilling a kid up. 2nd and 3rd grade Suzie really starts to stand out. 4th and 5th grade she is lights out and owns the field. 6th and 7th grade things seem to be evening out. 8th and 9th grade-what the [lacrosse] just happened? All these kids with a head start with the skills eventually get caught up to. The kids with speed, vision, athletic ability and pure aggression take over. Those are the things you cant train or teach, they are born with it. Point is that it is absolutely necessary to replace at tryouts in order to remain at the very top of the competition. There are many teams out there with a completely different philosophy, and there is a fit for everyone. Stop complaining about what a shame tryouts are, the track record of the top teams speaks for itself. The end justifies the means.

Well Said and spot on accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blah blah blah... deaf ears. Once again you must have crushed them by 10 or more every time you played them right. Small community [lacrosse]. Why don't you just come out and tell us who you hate and why.

You must be one of the YJ or TG rejects. I see your whole team is still intact no changes made, what's the point of having a tryout if nothing changes? That tells me that it's still the same old team, same old talent. How can a low level B program expect for their A team to win when they have the same old talent? not going anywhere with that but good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? So if you play lacrosse in college all you can be afterwards is a lacrosse coach? hmmmm ... idiot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This girl you are all talking about is 13 years old. Her teammates are 14/15, that shows a lot if she's out running them.

Page 7 of 33 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard