BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 33 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Poster forgot every kid on here will compete for a national championship or go to an ivy. Nobody on here will have their daughter go to a mid level D1 lacrosse school. Can't argue with parents of a Shannon

Perhaps you are too slow or just intentionally stupid but jack a-- was bashing girls lax players at UNC and the like. So the kids he is bashing will essentially compete for a national title . If that is not a kids dream then good for them but to bash kids that are living that dream is pathetic , don't try to justify such a placid loser.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poster forgot every kid on here will compete for a national championship or go to an ivy. Nobody on here will have their daughter go to a mid level D1 lacrosse school. Can't argue with parents of a Shannon

Have you been drinking? Are you off your medication? Are you high on drugs?
What are you talking about? Who is Shannon? Define mid level DI lacrosse school.

Never mind, slither back under your rock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking at rosters last night for the '17 season, some teams do not list the players majors, but a vast majority of the girls are undeclared majors. There is a lot of journalism related majors, sports science majors, and business related majors on the top 10 teams. Northwestern and Stony Brook had the most diverse and challenging collection of majors. the Ivies had a lot of of business majors as you would expect except for Cornell with hotel management. Very few engineering, medical, nursing or law majors on any roster, maybe 10 combined for all of the afore mentioned majors.
I have a daughter playing D1 lax now and have been through the process and my take on this is... Coaches will not demand you take any major, but if you tell them you want to take a challenging major while recruiting they will pass you up unless your a blue chip, then they will try to pursuade you to change your mind. Some schools like Fla, Maryland , and UN certainly have majors for athletes because 1/3 of the players are in them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? Who is Shannon? Define mid level DI lacrosse school.

Who is Shannon?

Funny but I gues fame does fade. The poster was referring to players like Shannon Smith and Shannon Gilroy. Both great players, both involved in college coaching, which seems to be the likely career path for most of the blue chip players, so a major in sports science or whatever they are pushing works well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is Shannon?

Funny but I gues fame does fade. The poster was referring to players like Shannon Smith and Shannon Gilroy. Both great players, both involved in college coaching, which seems to be the likely career path for most of the blue chip players, so a major in sports science or whatever they are pushing works well.

Good post just shows how ignorant the blow hards on here are. Know nothing about the sport except what pertains to their owns daughters bubble

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking at rosters last night for the '17 season, some teams do not list the players majors, but a vast majority of the girls are undeclared majors. There is a lot of journalism related majors, sports science majors, and business related majors on the top 10 teams. Northwestern and Stony Brook had the most diverse and challenging collection of majors. the Ivies had a lot of of business majors as you would expect except for Cornell with hotel management. Very few engineering, medical, nursing or law majors on any roster, maybe 10 combined for all of the afore mentioned majors.
I have a daughter playing D1 lax now and have been through the process and my take on this is... Coaches will not demand you take any major, but if you tell them you want to take a challenging major while recruiting they will pass you up unless your a blue chip, then they will try to pursuade you to change your mind. Some schools like Fla, Maryland , and UN certainly have majors for athletes because 1/3 of the players are in them.

More facts, you are wasting your time with this crowd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must remember the 5 things coaches care about when you're recruting with your daughter/son

1. winning
2. winning
3. winning
4. G.P.A. for the team
5. winning

What they do not care about is what happens to your kid after there 4 years of eligibility is up, because they can no longer help them win, so if your kid then has to spend additional resources of yours to obtain a degree to support themselves, that is a sacrifice they are willing to make. Do not fool yourself into believing a national championship in lacrosse will somehow guarantee success for your child, do not fool yourself into believing that five years after graduation the school they attended will garnish any preferential treatment if they do not have the job skills employers are looking for. Scoring goals is great but will not mean much on a job application, use lacrosse for the key that it is, to get your child into a school that will prepare them for the career they desire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon Gilroy is listed as a member of the 2017 World Cup training team. Shannon Smith was a business major and not a sports science major. More than 35% of women enter the educational field after graduation. Pathetic you feel the need to put these women down. I wish your daughter luck. The real world is an ugly place and you just proved it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon Gilroy is listed as a member of the 2017 World Cup training team. Shannon Smith was a business major and not a sports science major. More than 35% of women enter the educational field after graduation. Pathetic you feel the need to put these women down. I wish your daughter luck. The real world is an ugly place and you just proved it.
Pathetic? whay so angry and hostile? is your daughter one of throngs of uncommitted upperclassmen playing lacrosseas a major? Your angry rant proves me right, Shannon Gilroy is on the womans national team, so what shes a good lacrosse player I expect nothing less, tell me she left Florida, one of the biggest schools that "push' there athletes to easy majors, and took a job netting over $60,00.00 to start and then you have a point. Shannon smith went to N.U. one of the few schools that allow difficult majors, for business? N.U. is essentially an engineering school and a law school, so whats your argument their? It's not like she went to Pemn for buisness. You say 35% of woman that play lax come out into the education field, my daughter will be amoungst them as she has switched to an education major, so aagain whats your point? i guess you just needed to write an angry post today? No one has "put these women down" just stating facts as they are pertinent to the conversation at hand, so stop being so defensive about the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pathetic? whay so angry and hostile? is your daughter one of throngs of uncommitted upperclassmen playing lacrosseas a major? Your angry rant proves me right, Shannon Gilroy is on the womans national team, so what shes a good lacrosse player I expect nothing less, tell me she left Florida, one of the biggest schools that "push' there athletes to easy majors, and took a job netting over $60,00.00 to start and then you have a point. Shannon smith went to N.U. one of the few schools that allow difficult majors, for business? N.U. is essentially an engineering school and a law school, so whats your argument their? It's not like she went to Pemn for buisness. You say 35% of woman that play lax come out into the education field, my daughter will be amoungst them as she has switched to an education major, so aagain whats your point? i guess you just needed to write an angry post today? No one has "put these women down" just stating facts as they are pertinent to the conversation at hand, so stop being so defensive about the truth.

Shannon Smith graduated 5th in her class at Northwestern. She got paid to get her masters at Hofstra. Just because they don't go directly into the field they majored in, doesn't mean they were there just to play lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shannon Smith graduated 5th in her class at Northwestern. She got paid to get her masters at Hofstra. Just because they don't go directly into the field they majored in, doesn't mean they were there just to play lacrosse.
so what does a 4 year undeclared major then get a masters in? that is far more common

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches suggest to the vast majority of kids what are the preferred majors of the program. Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that has their head in the sand. Coaches are only interested in their teams eligibility and team gpa. They could care less if sally wants to be an engineer. Take communications, get a 3.0 without showing up and play lax 6 hours a day
you are ridiculously cynical and wrong at least in our experience. Our daughter is committed to a top 10 university that has been ranked in the top 10 in lacrosse the last few years. Sh has been committed for well over a year. This has never come up with the coaches. Have also talked to girls on the team and this has never come up. Urban myth from jealous parents whose kids aren't committed.

Top Ten Universities that also have DI Women's Lacrosse.

1 - Princeton
2 - Harvard
3 - Yale
5- Columbia
5 - Stanford
8 - Duke
8 - Penn
10 - Johns Hopkins

Duke, Princeton & Penn Stanford have all been ranked in the Top 10 in recent years. Hopkins is consistently ranked in the Top 20. Columbia, Yale and Harvard also have competitive programs.

Princeton has won three National Championships. Duke has been knocking on the door. Penn has made it to championship weekend more than once and is also bringing in some very good recruits. Stanford is consistently improving.

Dartmouth is ranked 11 academically and has fielded competitive women's lacrosse teams in the past.

I would bet that there are plenty of women playing lacrosse at those schools who are also enrolled in and excelling in a major of their choice.

Congratulations to your daughter and best of luck. I am sure she will make the most of her college education and experience.

Yes, if their major is Basket Weaving! But I'm sure a BW degree from Princeton will take you further than one from Stony Brook

I will throw in the following:

11 - Dartmouth
12 - Northwestern
14 - Brown
15 - Cornell
15 - Notre Dame
15 - Vanderbilt
20 - Georgetown
20 - Cal Berkley
23 - Southern Cal
24 - Virginia
27 - Michigan
30 - UNC
31 - Boston College
32 - William and Mary
39 - Boston University
44 - Lehigh
50 - Penn State
50 - Florida
50 - Villanova

Some other great DI schools:

Colgate, Navy, Army, Richmond, Bucknell, Holy Cross, Lafayette

Thats 34 great schools that offer young women an incredible opportunity. Not all Devision I athletes look for less demanding majors. Not all student athletes want to be engineers or MD's.

The jealousy on here is crazy. There are great DII and DII opportunities as well. If that is what is offered to you or that is what you choose congratulations.

Constantly trying to convince everyone how wise you are because your daughter goes to a DIII school. How it will be a far superior experience and education than what she would have at Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Boston College, Penn State or God forbid The University of North Carolina.

In my experience, very few girls who have both the grades and athleticism to be offered an opportunity to attend one of the schools listed choose to go DII.

Give it a rest already. If you turned down Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Stanford, Duke, Northwestern and Notre Dame to go wherever good for you.

Keep telling yourself that all of the young women who attend and play lacrosse at one of the 34 schools listed will not get a great education and have an incredible college experience.

To each her own.

It must be very tough going through life so bitter and jealous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches suggest to the vast majority of kids what are the preferred majors of the program. Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that has their head in the sand. Coaches are only interested in their teams eligibility and team gpa. They could care less if sally wants to be an engineer. Take communications, get a 3.0 without showing up and play lax 6 hours a day
you are ridiculously cynical and wrong at least in our experience. Our daughter is committed to a top 10 university that has been ranked in the top 10 in lacrosse the last few years. Sh has been committed for well over a year. This has never come up with the coaches. Have also talked to girls on the team and this has never come up. Urban myth from jealous parents whose kids aren't committed.

1 - Princeton
2 - Harvard
3 - Yale
5- Columbia
5 - Stanford
8 - Duke
8 - Penn
10 - Johns Hopkins

Duke, Princeton & Penn Stanford have all been ranked in the Top 10 in recent years. Hopkins is consistently ranked in the Top 20. Columbia, Yale and Harvard also have competitive programs.

Princeton has won three National Championships. Duke has been knocking on the door. Penn has made it to championship weekend more than once and is also bringing in some very good recruits. Stanford is consistently improving.

Dartmouth is ranked 11 academically and has fielded competitive women's lacrosse teams in the past.

I would bet that there are plenty of women playing lacrosse at those schools who are also enrolled in and excelling in a major of their choice.

Congratulations to your daughter and best of luck. I am sure she will make the most of her college education and experience.

Yes, if their major is Basket Weaving! But I'm sure a BW degree from Princeton will take you further than one from Stony Brook

11 - Dartmouth
12 - Northwestern
14 - Brown
15 - Cornell
15 - Notre Dame
15 - Vanderbilt
20 - Georgetown
20 - Cal Berkley
23 - Southern Cal
24 - Virginia
27 - Michigan
30 - UNC
31 - Boston College
32 - William and Mary
39 - Boston University
44 - Lehigh
50 - Penn State
50 - Florida
50 - Villanova

Thats 34 great schools that offer young women an incredible opportunity. Not all Devision I athletes look for less demanding majors. Not all student athletes want to be engineers or MD's.

The jealousy on here is crazy. There are great DII and DII opportunities as well. If that is what is offered to you or that is what you choose congratulations.

Constantly trying to convince everyone how wise you are because your daughter goes to a DIII school. How it will be a far superior experience and education than what she would have at Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Boston College, Penn State or God forbid The University of North Carolina.

In my experience, very few girls who have both the grades and athleticism to be offered an opportunity to attend one of the schools listed choose to go DII.

Give it a rest already. If you turned down Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Stanford, Duke, Northwestern and Notre Dame to go wherever good for you.

Keep telling yourself that all of the young women who attend and play lacrosse at one of the 34 schools listed will not get a great education and have an incredible college experience.

To each her own.

You obviously did not attend one of the 34 schools that you deem acceptable. It's spelled DIVISION, not DEVISION. I could understand if you fat-fingered a key that was next to I, but E is way over on the left side of the keyboard. You must be a YJ parent and attended Stony Brook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - Princeton
2 - Harvard
3 - Yale
5- Columbia
5 - Stanford
8 - Duke
8 - Penn
10 - Johns Hopkins

11 - Dartmouth
12 - Northwestern
14 - Brown
15 - Cornell
15 - Notre Dame
15 - Vanderbilt
20 - Georgetown
20 - Cal Berkley
23 - Southern Cal
24 - Virginia
27 - Michigan
30 - UNC
31 - Boston College
32 - William and Mary
39 - Boston University
44 - Lehigh
50 - Penn State
50 - Florida
50 - Villanova

To each her own.

You obviously did not attend one of the 34 schools that you deem acceptable. It's spelled DIVISION, not DEVISION. I could understand if you fat-fingered a key that was next to I, but E is way over on the left side of the keyboard. You must be a YJ parent and attended Stony Brook.

Or maybe it was your wife typing as her fingers are that fat . Get a life . Your ridiculous hatred of YJ has already caused enough issues in your life , obviously your wife has turned to food to fill the void left by your hatred .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I'll give you credit. Your spelling improved but your punctuation was horrible. Your SBU professors and CR must be so proud of you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well, I'll give you credit. Your spelling improved but your punctuation was horrible. Your SBU professors and CR must be so proud of you. [/quote

So is your wife , loser. How is my punctuation now? Now go back to TG so your daughter can learn to abuse women because of their looks. Good luck to her when she finds a loser like you who hates women but lives punctuation .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well, I'll give you credit. Your spelling improved but your punctuation was horrible. Your SBU professors and CR must be so proud of you. [/quote

So is your wife , loser. How is my punctuation now? Now go back to TG so your daughter can learn to abuse women because of their looks. Good luck to her when she finds a loser like you who hates women but lives punctuation .

I do not "live" punctuation. I'll assume you meant "loves". Man, you better stop before you hurt yourself and disappoint CR even more. By the way, I'm not connected to TG in any way. I don't even live in NY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not "live" punctuation. I'll assume you meant "loves". Man, you better stop before you hurt yourself and disappoint CR even more. By the way, I'm not connected to TG in any way. I don't even live in NY.

No I meant lives because an [lacrosse] like you never loves anything. The good news is nothing ever loves an [lacrosse] like you. I see you have stopped going after a women because of their looks, seems you realize it was too easy to make you look like the women hater you are. Keep posting I will not let you get from under that rock you call home. It must be difficult for you to raise a daughter when you hate women so much. No one believes you are not TG, but everyone knows why it embarrasses you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No I meant lives because an [lacrosse] like you never loves anything. The good news is nothing ever loves an [lacrosse] like you. I see you have stopped going after a women because of their looks, seems you realize it was too easy to make you look like the women hater you are. Keep posting I will not let you get from under that rock you call home. It must be difficult for you to raise a daughter when you hate women so much. No one believes you are not TG, but everyone knows why it embarrasses you.

Okay, you're making this too easy. You used "women" and "women" incorrectly. I'm beginning to think you DIDN'T graduate from anywhere. I do not live in NY, NJ, CT or anywhere near there. And, I would only be embarrassed if that dude CR was my leader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the infamous girl today at tryouts. She definitely absolutely is not her age. Barreling through teammates, no correct age girl is doing that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you guys got caught in the weeds with the "Shannon's" it had nothing to do with their major but rather their sports #1 rankings just like Mia on the soccer thread, Lebron on the Bball thread and Tiger on the golf thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hater,I was at tryouts and didn't see your daughter at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - Princeton
2 - Harvard
3 - Yale
5- Columbia
5 - Stanford
8 - Duke
8 - Penn
10 - Johns Hopkins

11 - Dartmouth
12 - Northwestern
14 - Brown
15 - Cornell
15 - Notre Dame
15 - Vanderbilt
20 - Georgetown
20 - Cal Berkley
23 - Southern Cal
24 - Virginia
27 - Michigan
30 - UNC
31 - Boston College
32 - William and Mary
39 - Boston University
44 - Lehigh
50 - Penn State
50 - Florida
50 - Villanova

To each her own.

There are a lot more kids playing at the Central Ct's of the world than the list you have above. Be realistic. Everyone on here would have you believe their kid is a "Shannon" ability wise and #1 in their class academically

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah i also heard she is an illegal immigrant. let's get that sorted out. lets make sure she's even a girl while your at it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the infamous girl today at tryouts. She definitely absolutely is not her age. Barreling through teammates, no correct age girl is doing that.

Just curious - how is it possible for someone to not be their age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not fair.. girl got moved within 15 seconds of shuttle drill. Some evaluation there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOLOLOL I am not commenting on this particular case but lacrosse is the most corrupt of any sport with rosters, eligibility and hold backs bar none. US Lax is weak. Playing by grade is a joke and no player cards is to protect the corrupt clubs especially on the boys side

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's LI latest ploy to deal with the MD girls. They are creating girls that aren't their age. That way no one knows how old she is or should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come the girl moved from her beginning group within 15 seconds of the shuttle drill... CR only moved a few to the top teams and the rest of the 'new' girls stayed together--- I guess you could say she already knows who she wants from the shuttle drill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come the girl moved from her beginning group within 15 seconds of the shuttle drill... CR only moved a few to the top teams and the rest of the 'new' girls stayed together--- I guess you could say she already knows who she wants from the shuttle drill.
lol deals are all completed before tryouts why do you think she was there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's all fine... This kid is complete club hopper. Sad to say if she makes a YJ team, she'll be gone in 2 weeks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it's safe to say we were right about her showing up to tryout. Nothing new.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's all fine... This kid is complete club hopper. Sad to say if she makes a YJ team, she'll be gone in 2 weeks

A team or B team hopper?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there were no " new girls " moved to the top YJ 2020 blue team, one was moved to the gold team and that was it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a blue parent, who is very secure with my daughter's spot and is not worried about my daughter losing her spot so I will not resort to the shenanigans here of the nervous parents whose kids are on the edge of being moved. I will however say that I liked what I saw from the girl yesterday and we can definitely use her here. Very skilled and quick and took on the rest of our girls like she's been playing with us for years. Don't see what the issue is, but it is expected. Girl definitely made a top team.. which one? not sure will have to wait and see. I think we all already know though as she was the only one that CR was personally talking to and I don't believe B-D team players are given that privilege.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does a shuttle drill define what kind of player you are? How come the kid only did 6 passes then moved away from the newcomers group...? CR must've knew what new girls she wanted so they didn't have to fight hard to get on a team, like our other new girls. It was completely unfair to move 3 new girls somewhere else while the other new ones stayed together in a group. They didn't give our girls a chance to shine or at least experience what it was like playing against the top teams. It was expected "secret weapon" , was bound to make either one of the teams as soon as she stepped on to the field. That's unbelievable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does a shuttle drill define what kind of player you are? How come the kid only did 6 passes then moved away from the newcomers group...? CR must've knew what new girls she wanted so they didn't have to fight hard to get on a team, like our other new girls. It was completely unfair to move 3 new girls somewhere else while the other new ones stayed together in a group. They didn't give our girls a chance to shine or at least experience what it was like playing against the top teams. It was expected "secret weapon" , was bound to make either one of the teams as soon as she stepped on to the field. That's unbelievable.

Just now figuring out that the system is rigged? Sure there is always a surprise that no one has ever seen before but that kid needs more than a few catches to prove her worth. The others have already been told that if they show they will be put on the top team. Don't ever forget club lacrosse is a sleazy business run by slippery directors who make a ton of money off our kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did everyone think about 2020 YJ tryouts? I know a few girls were moved around to different groups. What does this mean? What did everyone think about girls trying out and I guess if your on the team from last year.... you don't have too try out
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see anything wrong with being a complete club hopper. I will say thou that if you commit to a team then u should be there for all tournaments,etc... showing up when you want is just wrong. If you make the commitment than stick to it!

Who is secret weapon?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see anything wrong with being a complete club hopper. I will say thou that if you commit to a team then u should be there for all tournaments,etc... showing up when you want is just wrong. If you make the commitment than stick to it!

Who is secret weapon?

Secret weapon is the girl who hopped from TG, to Leg, and now on YJ

Page 6 of 33 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard