BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 264 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
just so glad that our 17 yr old senior has been committed since 14 and we have not had to deal with this nonsense

simple advice: if the opportunity presents itself; take it and make changes later if indicated.

Him not having to play with undue pressure to get a commitment which is so prevalent with the kids these days was a blessing

Glad that ur son had a chance to kick back and cruise with no pressure for the past 3 years. Is his college coach OK with that? Do you expect that he will see the field in college?

If anything there really is more pressure once a kid commits to a top program. College coaches expect their recruits to continue to develop for 3 more years of high school / summer play.

did not mean to imply that he "kicked back"...on the contrary; he worked even harder to prove that he deserved that spot. He had an academic incentive to achieve as well by the coach. there was no kicking back. He played fall, winter spring and summer ball since he committed. He def subscribes to the "the only easy day was yesterday" mentality and loves the challenge.

IMHO - HS players regardless of ability or college commitments all face a lot of pressure (lacrosse, Academics, Girls, Social life) but without a doubt the recruiting process is the most difficult to deal with for a few reasons including having to do it in such a public environment (Ty are you listening), fear of missing out, following your peers and competition signing. Once a child commits to a college for lacrosse only one of those pressures has been eliminated but it seems like 90% of the anxiety has been lifted.

I would go out on a limb and say that 99.9% of kids that are good enough to commit to D1 lacrosse program in their freshman or sophomore year are driven athletes and most will step up their training and not coast at all, but now instead of going to recruiting camps and prospect days they are going to the gym and the wall and probably spending as much time on SAT prep than lacrosse. The uncommitted but talented player has to also do all those things AND continue with prospect camps, college visits as well as phone calls and meetings with club and HS coaches and practically every car ride and meal with his parents being dominated by "what College" conversation.

Congratulations to all the early commits, get that score up on the SAT and get more academic money and good luck to those still looking, I am rooting for all of you (well maybe not that kid that slashed my kid at pridefest)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This age discussion regarding high school teams seems out of place considering that high school teams cover four, if not five, years of boys. The debate is applicable for travel teams, where there is at least a tacit attempt to have like-aged boys play against each other. But, high school? Welcome to the real world!

Only if your talking varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the seeding meetings take place ? Anyone for the Suffolk divisions ?

WM=1
SE=2

keep going please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

keep going please
meaning what are the rest of the rankings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

W.Babylon, Bellport, Deer Park and Hills West go down to D2. Great for Hills West as SWR and Sayville are now in D3.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

W.Babylon, Bellport, Deer Park and Hills West go down to D2. Great for Hills West as SWR and Sayville are now in D3.

Wasnt W. Babylon Bellport and Deer Park in D2 last year? Guess Babylon's reign is over.

1-4 does it matter who is where all battle for top 4. I like WI & WM, WI especially after this football season. I know lax isnt FB but SW ouch. No clue how Se will come out.
5-9 Commack and Huntington i dont get why they are on top of that teir
10-15 always in those spots maybe Whitman and riverhead move up and Sachems move down. Bayshore a year older but so is everyone else.

could be interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

Wasnt W. Babylon Bellport and Deer Park in D2 last year? Guess Babylon's reign is over.

1-4 does it matter who is where all battle for top 4. I like WI & WM, WI especially after this football season. I know lax isnt FB but SW ouch. No clue how Se will come out.
10-15 always in those spots maybe Whitman and riverhead move up and Sachems move down. Bayshore a year older but so is everyone else.

could be interesting

Won't be that interesting at the top. S East will win it all, they are absolutely loaded. They also were able to fill the graduation holes with top notch seniors. WM got lucky last year, and lost some good players, doubt they will even make it to the Counties

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

could be interesting

Won't be that interesting at the top. S East will win it all, they are absolutely loaded. They also were able to fill the graduation holes with top notch seniors. WM got lucky last year, and lost some good players, doubt they will even make it to the Counties

SE has been loaded for how long now, but lets see. Hats off to them for being this good for this long. Unfortunately, with this crowd anything short of states is disappointing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

Do you have seedings for Div 2? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

could be interesting

SE has been loaded for how long now, but lets see. Hats off to them for being this good for this long. Unfortunately, with this crowd anything short of states is disappointing.

True, and this will be their last chance for a while, think they have the experience to get he job done this time, we'll see!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

could be interesting

Don't See West Islip doing anything. The past four years have been ugly. West Islip had a great run when they had great players. WI has not been able to win without the studs. Smithtown East has some returning talent and should make their way to the county finals. WM is always in the mix. Not sure who will be fighting it out for the 3rd and 4th spotmaybe WI or ??. Again, two or three team league.

Toss up between Smithtown East and Ward Melville for county championship but would love to see someone else make a run.

Now lets get back to football.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be tough for Bay Shore this yr after losing attackman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be tough for Bay Shore this yr after losing attackman.

Id say different as much as Id say tough. Somehow they always get the next man up. Last two years lost 1st round of playoff's by 1 goal. Still not top 5 but could be some surprises a tier below.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

could be interesting

Don't See West Islip doing anything. The past four years have been ugly. West Islip had a great run when they had great players. WI has not been able to win without the studs. Smithtown East has some returning talent and should make their way to the county finals. WM is always in the mix. Not sure who will be fighting it out for the 3rd and 4th spotmaybe WI or ??. Again, two or three team league.

Toss up between Smithtown East and Ward Melville for county championship but would love to see someone else make a run.

Don't get your ugly comment for Wi?
'13 ugly
'14 Wouldnt call Ugly
'15 So-So
'16 Would not call this year ugly by any stretch of the imagination, One game Whitman! Could have easily been a 2 loss instead of In your words 3 loss Ugly Season?

That's as bad as me or anyone saying anything short of States for Se is a waste.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

could be interesting

Don't get your ugly comment for Wi?
'13 ugly
'14 Wouldnt call Ugly
'15 So-So
'16 Would not call this year ugly by any stretch of the imagination, One game Whitman! Could have easily been a 2 loss instead of In your words 3 loss Ugly Season?

That's as bad as me or anyone saying anything short of States for Se is a waste.

13: 12 - 6 blown out in playoffs by Smithtown E 12 - 4
14: 13 - 7 blown out in playoffs by Smithtown E 15 - 7
15: 11 - 7 blown out in playoffs by Smithtown E 17 - 5
16: 14 - 3 good season but playoff disaster. lost to WW.

Bad loss to a weak Walt Whitman team in the playoffs turns good season ugly.

Only morons poke fun at Smithtown E for not winning the state championship.

History has proven that this is a two or three team league. Some years maybe four but that is about it. The proof is in the history. How many different programs have won the county championship over the past 40 years?

West Islip had a great run but they have been off and it is doubtful that they will make the finals in 2017. Maybe final four.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SE vs Syo in the LIC in 2017.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only morons poke fun at Smithtown East for not winning the state championship ?

Why because it hurts the parent's feelings ? They have a lot of talent, but the same amount of LIC and state titles in lax as Copaigue. Sorry, but don't tell me there is not huge pressure on those kids to not only get off the island, but to finally win a state title. All those D-1 commits and Ivan Drago like training in the.Turtledome should have produced a dynasty. Try a little humility, ask your neighbors to the West for help. They had to learn by experience too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM vs. Farmingdale

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM vs. Farmingdale

Farmingdale is always a tough out but losing (IMHO) the best goalie on the island last year and one [lacrosse] of a tough attackman I cannot see them getting past both SYO and Mass back to back in the same week in May.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you haven't been following lacrosse very well lots of talent are in WI even the younger ones coming up..
several commits already to Penn State, Yale , Etc..

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

could be interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO
Each year there are 4 and a few more (2). How do you forget about '15 & '13 Nport. and Quot the past 2 seasons. On top of SE SW WM WI

As far as WI they have got to be in the conversation. there are a top 4 team and on any given day has the tools (horses and coaches) to beat any of the top 3. Your outline of the Se loses and your Definition of a Weak Whitman team (especially LY) leaves much to be desired.

Losing to Se the last few years does not make an ugly season. An ugly game maybe, but cant define the season by a game. And the Whitman game, a one goal loss in the playoffs, #!&&@ please - Stop!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM vs. Farmingdale

Farmingdale is always a tough out but losing (IMHO) the best goalie on the island last year and one [lacrosse] of a tough attackman I cannot see them getting past both SYO and Mass back to back in the same week in May.

the last two weeks on Li are the toughest for both sections. wish they would throw a different section or two in before 8 and 11 meet up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa in a rebuilding year, 3 top scorers graduated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset will be a shell of the team they've been the past few, opens doors for many others to shine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO
Each year there are 4 and a few more (2). How do you forget about '15 & '13 Nport. and Quot the past 2 seasons. On top of SE SW WM WI

As far as WI they have got to be in the conversation. there are a top 4 team and on any given day has the tools (horses and coaches) to beat any of the top 3. Your outline of the Se loses and your Definition of a Weak Whitman team (especially LY) leaves much to be desired.

Losing to Se the last few years does not make an ugly season. An ugly game maybe, but cant define the season by a game. And the Whitman game, a one goal loss in the playoffs, #!&&@ please - Stop!

It very well may be your opinion but it is not fact.

In the past 31 years here are the programs and how many county championships they have won during that time period. Since 1986:

Ward Melville - 15 County Championships
West Islip - 9 County Championships
Smithtown E - 2 County Championships
Northport - 2 County Championships

Sachem (when combined) - 2 County Championships
Smithtown (when combined) - 1 County Championship

Not ver deep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset will be a shell of the team they've been the past few, opens doors for many others to shine

Let me fix your typos and grammatical errors.....

Syosset will be a [lacrosse] of A team LIKE they've been the past few YEARS, opening doors for many SYOSSET KIDS to shine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset will be a [lacrosse] of A team LIKE they've been the past few YEARS, opening doors for many SYOSSET KIDS to shine!

or somewhere in between - good talent and depth - no superstars and a few question marks at key positions but should be there at Hofstra

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, all the game changers graduated. Nassau is now up for grabs for whoever wants it, being Pequa and Syosset are done for a bit. you'll see!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO

In the past 31 years here are the programs and how many county championships they have won during that time period. Since 1986:

Not ver deep.

Oh, you're one of those, only championships matter. What a jack [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to Sachem combining North and East into 1 ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO

Not ver deep.

Do you not get it?

It is not a deep league and it is not "on any given day". Over the past 40 years (not 31 years) there have been a lot of "days" and it is almost always the same teams winning.

Ward Melville and on many of the days for a nine year stretch West Islip were at the top of the heap. However, the past four years have not been kind to West Islip.

Smithtown East and West have made some noise. Northport has been competitive from time to time,

Connetquot has put out some great players and has been competitive here and there.

The Sachems have fought hard but rarely have enough depth to make it to the finals.

We are talking about 40 plus years of data. This is not opinion.

Do you really think HHH East or West are going to win the counties??

How about Commack??

Maybe Riverhead or Bay Shore will surprise us.

No. In the end it will come down to Ward Melville, Smithtown East and two teams to be determined later.

There are not five or six or seven teams that can win the county championship.

As far as WI goes, yes, three of the past four years have been ugly. and last year the playoff loss to WW turned a good season into an ugly season. Thats four ugly seasons in a row.

2013 they lost 6 games and were blown out in the playoffs by 8 goals.
2014 they lost 7 games and were blown out in the playoffs by 8 goals.
2015 they lost 7 games and were blown out in the playoffs by 12 goals.

Sorry, but that is ugly. in this league 6 or 7 losses is ugly.

2016 they did well regular season but at the end of the day the lost to a very average Walt Whitman Team.

WW only managed to score 2 goals against WM. Sorry, not a very good team.

The loss to WW was ugly. The past four years have been ugly.

I would expect West Islip to compete for the three. four or five spot this year but that is not saying much. Top two in this league is impressive, anything else not so much. Especially if blown out in playoff game.

History, performance and results are what matter. Not opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO

Not ver deep.

Oh, you're one of those, only championships matter. What a jack [lacrosse].

No, not one of those. Just pointing out that the league is not up for grabs. It is not five or six teams deep. There are one or two teams every year that have a reasonable chance at winning. Some years there are three or four (never five or six). Look at the actual results not some parents opinion at the beginning of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anything on div 2 and 3 seeding ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM=1
SE=2

3-SW
4- WI
5- Commack
6- Huntington
7- Northport
8- Hills East
9- Connetquot
10- Sachem N.
11- Sachem E.
12- Bay Shore
13- Walt Whitman
14- Riverhead
15- Lindenhurst
16- Middle Country
17- William Floyd
18- North Babylon
19- Longwood
20- Pat-Medford
21- Brentwood
22- Copaigue

could be interesting

Here we go again. It's only October and we have to hear the SE parents telling everybody how awesome they are. So awesome with the a majority of same players returning when they didn't even make county finals last year. Oh yeh, they also lost during the regular season. Why don't you learn from the past and let the season play out. Remember what happened to SW years ago when they were "loaded" didn't even make it past first round of playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And how did your team do last year? Oh yea, you blew it when it counted. Nobody better than SE this year, we'll see if they can finish the job this time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And how did your team do last year? Oh yea, you blew it when it counted. Nobody better than SE this year, we'll see if they can finish the job this time

Guess again, moron! On second thought, keep running your mouth because it is so much sweeter when they do lose. You put so much pressure on these young boys, learn from the past, stay quiet and enjoy the victory if it comes....but remember, it is a long way away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess again, moron! On second thought, keep running your mouth because it is so much sweeter when they do lose. You put so much pressure on these young boys, learn from the past, stay quiet and enjoy the victory if it comes....but remember, it is a long way away.

Touched a nerve? SE will be a dominate force again this year, as they have for a time now. Only in your words a "moron" would say its sweet when a team looses. All I'm saying is they have the talent, what happens next is up to them and luck certainly plays a role! You never know who is out there practicing to be a game changer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, all the game changers graduated. Nassau is now up for grabs for whoever wants it, being Pequa and Syosset are done for a bit. you'll see!

Thanks for the insight Mr. Port Washington Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO

Not ver deep.

Do you not get it?

It is not a deep league and it is not "on any given day". Over the past 40 years (not 31 years) there have been a lot of "days" and it is almost always the same teams winning.

Ward Melville and on many of the days for a nine year stretch West Islip were at the top of the heap. However, the past four years have not been kind to West Islip.

Smithtown East and West have made some noise. Northport has been competitive from time to time,

Connetquot has put out some great players and has been competitive here and there.

The Sachems have fought hard but rarely have enough depth to make it to the finals.

How about Commack??

No. In the end it will come down to Ward Melville, Smithtown East and two teams to be determined later.

As far as WI goes, yes, three of the past four years have been ugly. and last year the playoff loss to WW turned a good season into an ugly season. Thats four ugly seasons in a row.

2016 they did well regular season but at the end of the day the lost to a very average Walt Whitman Team.

I would expect West Islip to compete for the three. four or five spot this year but that is not saying much. Top two in this league is impressive, anything else not so much. Especially if blown out in playoff game.

WI has superior coaching which is the only reason they are anywhere near relevant. WM and SE have superior talent and depth. Its a 2 horse race, WM and SE, its that simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO

Not ver deep.

Do you not get it?

How about Commack??

WI has superior coaching which is the only reason they are anywhere near relevant. WM and SE have superior talent and depth. Its a 2 horse race, WM and SE, its that simple.

So I guess because SE hasn't advanced to upstate yet with all that talent, it is because the coaching sucks. Maybe. Well, look at it this way, if you get off the island this year, You won't have to face Victor, who moved to Class B.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 264 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard