BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 29 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 28 29
Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they changed the dates so 4 non game changing Crush boys can play ??? Really . Or they rigged it the first year so Crush can play all their kids ? You must be one who thinks the Moon landing was fake also.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My prediction is that one Crush boy will be playing again this year..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Because he will be of age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because he will be of age.

Age cutoff 9/1/03 still in effect?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's rigged because it uses different rules than every other major club or event uses, so the title is meaningless.

Isn't it using the rules set forth by the governing body of the sport - just like little baseball, youth football, soccer and hockey? Is the little league world series rigged because it uses age based restrictions?

No tournament uses the governing body (USL) rules. Most use NCAA and some use high school rules. Why have a tournament where 95% of them teams don't qualify?

Because it levels the playing field...it's fair! It gives players the opportunity to show how good they are on a level playing field instead of all the BS of holdback, reclassed, pre first, post grad crap! You can put a team together; you choose not to. It's amazing how many don't want everyone to see how good young on age players are!!

It is amazing, but that's the state of the game and a lot of teams that have put in years as a team don't want to kick 3 or 4 kids off the team for 1 tournament and have their chemistry all screwed up. That's why wsyl is a joke.

That's exactly what's wrong with the state of the game...the mentality you just posted. WSYL gets to the heart of the game without all the smoke and mirrors. Little League Baseball World Series has tryouts for special World Series teams from your region. This is no different. You calling it a joke is like saying well everyone is doing drugs so we should just do drugs...totally wrong way of thinking about it!!! [/quote]

Only 5% of people are doing drugs so let's change all the rules to accommodate the 5% on drugs. Makes sense to me.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like 45%-65% facts straight its a very sad world these days and most are people u would least expect like little susie homemaker

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in the bizarre world of youth lacrosse would someone complain because there is an age cutoff. Sorry Crabs, Looneys, FCA, etc. you can't bring your reclassed kids to the tournament. We saw what happened last year when the Crabs tried to field an on age team - they were embarrassed on national tv.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice that the North qualifier is on Long Island would imagine a bunch of teams will play just to be in a tournament in April .....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they changed the dates so 4 non game changing Crush boys can play ??? Really . Or they rigged it the first year so Crush can play all their kids ? You must be one who thinks the Moon landing was fake also.

Landing never happened..All smoke and mirrors. Disney was in on it. Why you think he is gone! And Maryland teams have at most maybe 1 or 2 holdbacks in entire state. Keep it real!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With regard to the four boys that you say are not game changers - one is committed to OSU, one is going to Hopkins and one is the coaches son. If I have it wrong, please explain the reason for the 5/1 must be in 7th, then the 5/1 grade doesn't matter. I am pretty sure that the 5/1 grade doesn't matter allowed 3 of the 4 crush boys to be eligible. Now we are at 9/1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With regard to the four boys that you say are not game changers - one is committed to OSU, one is going to Hopkins and one is the coaches son. If I have it wrong, please explain the reason for the 5/1 must be in 7th, then the 5/1 grade doesn't matter. I am pretty sure that the 5/1 grade doesn't matter allowed 3 of the 4 crush boys to be eligible. Now we are at 9/1.

Clearly they were not game changers when you look at the results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great response. Any team would like to have those four players. You still haven't offered an explanation as to why the eligibility changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great response. Any team would like to have those four players. You still haven't offered an explanation as to why the eligibility changes.

Why? They didn't do much. Luckily they didn't make to the championship to get embarrassed on national TV, the Crabs would have got a kick out of that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really . So you think because they are going to big time schools means they are tops ? How about their coach has a long reach with recruiting ? Not taking anything from them but you put them on fl$ for say , will have committed that early to those schools , even at all ?? It's called knowing the right people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So my original point was that 91 has had an influence on the eligibility rules. I have no interest in debating the abilities of the boys who are committed to play at DI schools. I do find it comical that there are people who think that boys get committed because a club coach say that they are good. I am pretty sure that the coaches watch the boys play and then make their own decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MLL and Warrior should focus on getting their awesome pro teams on tv and not these patched together teams of random kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MLL and Warrior should focus on getting their awesome pro teams on tv and not these patched together teams of random kids.

They have a national contract with CBS Sports Network and the regional sports affiliates also carry games locally

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a national contract with CBS Sports Network and the regional sports affiliates also carry games locally

The games never show up when I search on Fios.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be a great experience for teams that make it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is every team that pays to go. Denver is a great city. Wsyl is not a great tournament. Stay on Long Island if you want to see better tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is every team that pays to go. Denver is a great city. Wsyl is not a great tournament. Stay on Long Island if you want to see better tournaments.

It's about the overall experience, not just the tournament alone. Glad my son had the experience. He was treated like a rockstar. He gets to play in competitive tournaments every weekend in June and July- none match this experience. It's not just about the competition- - it's so much more- it embodies the spirit of youth lacrosse from across the country. If you aren't into it- don't go- but don't be so negative unless you experienced it first hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's about the overall experience, not just the tournament alone. Glad my son had the experience. He was treated like a rockstar. He gets to play in competitive tournaments every weekend in June and July- none match this experience. It's not just about the competition- - it's so much more- it embodies the spirit of youth lacrosse from across the country. If you aren't into it- don't go- but don't be so negative unless you experienced it first hand.

Cool - it sounds like a MLB fantasy camp that old guys go to, but for kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is coming for the SUPER TEAM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has to be the Penguin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has to be the Penguin.

Nope its the Joker

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
QUACK

Igloo is coming for the SUPER TEAM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ITS COMING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they are planning on changing to 9/1/03 and 2022 graduation year . If this is true this WSYL is a disgrace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just spoke with the office and they stated that they rules are based on U13 format. The only age requirement is born on or after 9/1/2003.

Didn't ask about next year but for this year that is the rule. Most teams have already been created and committed, so to change it now would not be a smart move IMHO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw e-mails sent looking for teams. I wonder if they are getting desperate that people don't see the value in this event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's about the overall experience, it embodies the spirit of youth lacrosse peace love and happiness blah blah blah. God damn hippies ruin everything!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to stop saying it is a crappy tournament. It is age based. The winner is the BEST team at this age. I'm not sure why it's ok to have a little league world series (or hockey, soccer) based on age but not ok for lacrosse. Just because the MD, PA and MA folks choose to not enter teams because they know they can't win doesn't make the tournament not worth it. My nephew played in it and said it was the greatest experience of his lacrosse life. Like someone else said, they are treated like rock stars. The kids absolutely love it - win or lose. It is a once in a lifetime experience. It doesn't get any fairer than this tournament: kids playing each other that are the same age - doesn't matter if you were held back, started school late, or what grade you are in. The playing field is level - everyone is the SAME AGE. For you MD, PA and MA teams - get some balls and play. You're like 3 year olds: we can't win so we won't play, and then you bash the tournament? WEAK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post! Spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to stop saying it is a crappy tournament. It is age based. The winner is the BEST team at this age. I'm not sure why it's ok to have a little league world series (or hockey, soccer) based on age but not ok for lacrosse. Just because the MD, PA and MA folks choose to not enter teams because they know they can't win doesn't make the tournament not worth it. My nephew played in it and said it was the greatest experience of his lacrosse life. Like someone else said, they are treated like rock stars. The kids absolutely love it - win or lose. It is a once in a lifetime experience. It doesn't get any fairer than this tournament: kids playing each other that are the same age - doesn't matter if you were held back, started school late, or what grade you are in. The playing field is level - everyone is the SAME AGE. For you MD, PA and MA teams - get some balls and play. You're like 3 year olds: we can't win so we won't play, and then you bash the tournament? WEAK

You are funny! The "team" that won last year is not even a real team, they are middle of the road when the play their correct grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are funny! The "team" that won last year is not even a real team, they are middle of the road when the play their correct grade.

Sour grapes bud...it is age based and they WON the AGE-based tnmt because they were the best on-AGE team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing against the correct age is the more accurate measure, not the "correct" grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are funny! The "team" that won last year is not even a real team, they are middle of the road when the play their correct grade. [/quote]

What are you talking about? Last year the best "team" was the team that won. They played against kids their own age. No holdbacks, no pre-k kids - a level playing field. Stop making excuses. Again, the tournament can't be more fair. All participants are equal. You are very WEAK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? Last year the best "team" was the team that won. They played against kids their own age. No holdbacks, no pre-k kids - a level playing field. Stop making excuses. Again, the tournament can't be more fair. All participants are equal. You are very WEAK [/quote]

A real team is one that played all spring together in a league and a couple summer tourneys. Not one thrown together for some money grabbing B level tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? Last year the best "team" was the team that won. They played against kids their own age. No holdbacks, no pre-k kids - a level playing field. Stop making excuses. Again, the tournament can't be more fair. All participants are equal. You are very WEAK

A real team is one that played all spring together in a league and a couple summer tourneys. Not one thrown together for some money grabbing B level tourney. [/quote]

They did play together in the spring...in two tnmts...and won both. They also practiced together all spring. You certainly seem to have a grudge against this tournament and team insulting it/them every chance you get. Same age players and this team won fair and square because they were better. Get over it and stop bashing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A real team is one that played all spring together in a league and a couple summer tourneys. Not one thrown together for some money grabbing B level tourney.

They did play together in the spring...in two tnmts...and won both. They also practiced together all spring. You certainly seem to have a grudge against this tournament and team insulting it/them every chance you get. Same age players and this team won fair and square because they were better. Get over it and stop bashing. [/quote]

The past two years, the age/grade issues with this tournament were not great. The last minute rule changes made an uneven playing field because of the DOB push to an earlier date. Last year was not equal competition.

But it is fixed and moving forward, the rules are best for age appropriate competition. It was a great tournament and wish my son could return.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 29 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard