BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Been coaching club and rec for many years, and can honestly say I've only seen a small handful of kids out of hundreds that gamed the grad year club system at the "youth" level after repeating grade in school. It seemed foolish, and those small handful could have been competitive up one year. Now they are in HS and all bets are off. There is no logical reason to play up once you hit high school because of the way colleges differentiate the grad years for their recruiting. The majority of private HS kids are going to be somewhere near a year older than public school kids in the same class because of pre-first or lateral transfer from public, and that is just a function of private schools evolving into modern times, versus public schools plowing through with the 1-12 grade system that is very old. Once they are in HS, the one year on average age difference should not come into play, and quite frankly, those that carry on the argument are probably not as competitive at that point, but have a hard time letting go. Men get separated from boys in HS, regardless of 1-2-3 year age differences. DI schools can generally evaluate the talent even with a 1-2 year spread, and DIII schools don't get serious looking until they are around 16 or 17 anyway, at which point the spread should be meaningless. If you are now starting HS and still complaining about and labeling "holdbacks", you lost your way about 1-2 seasons ago, and it's really code talk for animosity against private school students. Even at the youth level, we seem to be arguing 99% of the time about a 1% problem.

A handful??? Much more than a handful! Who is talking about HS?? Most people are complaining about the many many prefirst/holdbacks gaming YOUTH sports. Most people that write something negative are usually referring to Youth sports.

It is a strawman to bring the argument into HS lacrosse.

It's a HS forum. 2020 is HS now. They teach that type of math in private school.

How cute. I guess reading comprehension wasnt taught in private school. Might want to reread what I wrote.

They also teach character education in private schools but that doesnt stop any private school parents from playing down in youth sports. Oops forgot, They played at the right grade . Just because other children dont get this advantage of always being the oldest child from 9 years old to 15 doesn't mean my private school child cant. Cant have little Private school Johnny being the youngest or struggling against older children, let the other non prefirst children do that. That is definitively a strong character education point to get an advantage, dont you think.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG stop with the bleeding heart BS about re-class already.

Seriously get a !@#$ing life!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I can't believe we decide to reclass our son. I feel terrible that he is a few months older then some of those public school boys and how will he ever explain that he is a summer birthday to his classmates at Duke and his future employer in Silicon Valley". ...Said no one EVER!!!

Best post ever

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I can't believe we decide to reclass our son. I feel terrible that he is a few months older then some of those public school boys and how will he ever explain that he is a summer birthday to his classmates at Duke and his future employer in Silicon Valley". ...Said no one EVER!!!

Best post ever

It just comes back to the fact that there are many summer birthdays that get recruited without reclassifying. If that's the only way for your kid to be noticed, then you do what you got to do for your kid- right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if everyone is wondering why this site is only just people talking bad about other clubs and coaches? Its because this site will not let posts about events to be posted. I posted to everyone about a fall showcase my son was invited to. They have not and will not post it. This site will not allow us to talk about real lacrosse topics they erase all real questions and topics if they are not about an event that paid them to put them on this site.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another fogo gone - 91 to Terps. Kid has not been at BL for more than 4 weeks and Ty boy claiming him as the 12th MIAA committ of 45 commits. At least we know he is not a holdback since he is from public school. Congratulations to the kid - great to be picked up by Terps as a fogo.

This will be the first of many, many STUDS taken from this fine 91 MD Team! Loaded with new talent and great coaching!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best showcases in the fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Dad.. Did we determine if they are even in the top 10 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if everyone is wondering why this site is only just people talking bad about other clubs and coaches? Its because this site will not let posts about events to be posted. I posted to everyone about a fall showcase my son was invited to. They have not and will not post it. This site will not allow us to talk about real lacrosse topics they erase all real questions and topics if they are not about an event that paid them to put them on this site.

Get your facts straight. They don't allow posts that name tournaments unless those tournaments advertise on this site. And they DO let you talk about real lacrosse topics...people just choose to bash each other instead of talking about said lacrosse topics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another fogo gone - 91 to Terps. Kid has not been at BL for more than 4 weeks and Ty boy claiming him as the 12th MIAA committ of 45 commits. At least we know he is not a holdback since he is from public school. Congratulations to the kid - great to be picked up by Terps as a fogo.

This will be the first of many, many STUDS taken from this fine 91 MD Team! Loaded with new talent and great coaching!!

Is this really you Coach BJ??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOOM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OUCH!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol at the 91MD people thinking that they will be a top team. How did you guys do last year in HOCO? Many of the top 10 teams added very good players too. The number of commits tends to show who the best teams are...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number of commits tends to show who the holdbacks are...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol at the 91MD people thinking that they will be a top team. How did you guys do last year in HOCO? Many of the top 10 teams added very good players too. The number of commits tends to show who the best teams are...

And 88+3 lost most of their good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You saying T91MD does not have hold backs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using your logic... team 91 crush has the most holdback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The number of commits tends to show who the holdbacks are...

Crush and FCA with 7 commits each....nice little sidebar

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And each had at a minimum 7 holdbacks each. You know it, we all know it so don't even think about starting your dribble about --not true/you're wrong/no we don't/all summer birthdays etc. We have all heard the BS so just live with it, it is what it is. I think if teams just came out and said yes, we have holdbacks, most would just accept it and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another reason why Madlax 2020 will be one of the top 2-3 teams this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And each had at a minimum 7 holdbacks each. You know it, we all know it so don't even think about starting your dribble about --not true/you're wrong/no we don't/all summer birthdays etc. We have all heard the BS so just live with it, it is what it is. I think if teams just came out and said yes, we have holdbacks, most would just accept it and move on.

How many of the commits that fca is taking credit for are crabs that have not yet played a season for FCA? A lot of that going around lately. Kids forgetting to give credit to the team's who actually trained them to help them acieve their commitment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move on about who is the best. In 6 years we will all know who the busts were. Fantasy lacrosse league. You draft early and find yourself with a dud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"honey.. I'm really losing sleep lately over our decision to holdback Johnny. I'm really struggling with how he will handle himself 4 years from now at Notre Dame when his teamates and future Private equity employer find out he has has a summer birthday" Said no one EVER!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"honey.. I'm really losing sleep lately over our decision to holdback Johnny. I'm really struggling with how he will handle himself 4 years from now at Notre Dame when his teamates and future Private equity employer find out he has has a summer birthday" Said no one EVER!!

"But dear, what kind of example are we teaching by showing him that it's ok to game the system to get what you want, regardless of how it impacts others?" Said lots of parents, many times, hopefully.

The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching. - John Wooden
Unfortunately everyone is watching now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"But dear, what kind of example are we teaching by showing him that it's ok to game the system to get what you want, regardless of how it impacts others?" Said lots of parents, many times, hopefully.

The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching. - John Wooden

As a parent of a son with a late summer birthday who has committed, I am thankful that we waited to have my son start kindergarten years ago. This was well before he started playing sports. At the time, he was not ready for the structure of school.

Today, my son is a dedicated student athlete, who is focused on getting better everyday. Much of what he does is when no one is watching. I can say the same for others who have committed.

I cannot control what others think about my son. My focus is making sure that he stays humble and continues to have true character.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If youth lacrosse went to age based and the NCAA put a stop on early recruiting the holdback scam would end. Can't come soon enough...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent of a son with a late summer birthday who has committed, I am thankful that we waited to have my son start kindergarten years ago. This was well before he started playing sports. At the time, he was not ready for the structure of school.

Today, my son is a dedicated student athlete, who is focused on getting better everyday. Much of what he does is when no one is watching. I can say the same for others who have committed.

I cannot control what others think about my son. My focus is making sure that he stays humble and continues to have true character.

Well I am sure he is confident he has been a year older then everyone in everything he has ever done. I hope you can sleep when you think about all the kids your older son pushed to the end of the bench over the last 15 years. Because you clearly stated that this has given him a advantage over the boys who where not held back. Sleep well sir sleep well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I am sure he is confident he has been a year older then everyone in everything he has ever done. I hope you can sleep when you think about all the kids your older son pushed to the end of the bench over the last 15 years. Because you clearly stated that this has given him a advantage over the boys who where not held back. Sleep well sir sleep well.

Has lacrosse always been grade based? No. Up until recently, my son was one of the youngest, if not the youngest, on his team and was able to compete.

However, there are some obvious holdbacks that seem to have been held back to get an athletic advantage in 6th, 7th or 8th grade. I would think that many who have done this will struggle now that they are in high school.

I am glad that my kid has experienced being the youngest and having to compete for playing time since all 2020's are now the youngest trying to compete as freshman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another reason why Madlax 2020 will be one of the top 2-3 teams this year.

You again. Another keyboard ruined. Are you a closet paper towel salesman? Lesson learned. Will be armed with a full roll next time I visit the forums.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why will Madlax 2020 be one of the top 2-3 teams? Yes they will be in the DMV as they only have to compete against VLC and BW, just no other teams. However, Madlax 2020 will not be a top 2-3 team in the Maryland/DMV area. Madlax 2020 is still a "B" level team who haven't beaten anyone of substance, ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has lacrosse always been grade based? No. Up until recently, my son was one of the youngest, if not the youngest, on his team and was able to compete.

However, there are some obvious holdbacks that seem to have been held back to get an athletic advantage in 6th, 7th or 8th grade. I would think that many who have done this will struggle now that they are in high school.

I am glad that my kid has experienced being the youngest and having to compete for playing time since all 2020's are now the youngest trying to compete as freshman.

He had to been on a grade based team in at least 7th grade and most likely 6th grade. So he has been getting a advantage for at least 4 years. And if this advantage your son got because of his birthday how can you call out the parents who did it later in life for sports. Same results sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol...lololol not even close to 7 on Crush, very jealous person im sure it let's you sleep better at night to think so, not a single commit on Crush is a hold back, don't worry your little superstar will get there...just keep saying I think he can,I think he can, I think he can.lololol jealousy is a powerful emotion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol...lololol not even close to 7 on Crush, very jealous person im sure it let's you sleep better at night to think so, not a single commit on Crush is a hold back, don't worry your little superstar will get there...just keep saying I think he can,I think he can, I think he can.lololol jealousy is a powerful emotion
. As is stupidly, which is what you are clearly displaying. Holdbacks are there, so stop your stupid denial dribble and fess up to the truth. Remember, that word was stupidity, lololololololol, see I can also do it. BOOM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To me it seems that each kid/family situation is different and to make assumptions or put all into one "gaming the system" category is not the right thing to do. Looking at the list of 2020 commits thus far, IMO, the first wave of them would be early commits at 2019. Maybe not as early as they were in 2020, but still early in relation to the majority.

And, I am sure the parents of all 2020 commits are sleeping very well regardless of what people say on this forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"honey.. I'm really losing sleep lately over our decision to holdback Johnny. I'm really struggling with how he will handle himself 4 years from now at Notre Dame when his teamates and future Private equity employer find out he has has a summer birthday" Said no one EVER!!

To me it seems that each kid/family situation is different and to make assumptions or put all into one "gaming the system" category is not the right thing to do. Looking at the list of 2020 commits thus far, IMO, the first wave of them would be early commits at 2019. Maybe not as early as they were in 2020, but still early in relation to the majority.

And, I am sure the parents of all 2020 commits are sleeping very well regardless of what people say on this forum.

You nailed it, well said. In fact of the first 7 or so 2020 early's, all have played up the overwhelming majority of their youth careers. Paid off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. As is stupidly, which is what you are clearly displaying. Holdbacks are there, so stop your stupid denial dribble and fess up to the truth. Remember, that word was stupidity, lololololololol, see I can also do it. BOOM

see there you go again with that jealousy , bring the little superstar to a few more camps and clinics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

see there you go again with that jealousy , bring the little superstar to a few more camps and clinics

Trust me, no one is jealous of you. Why would anyone want to be and act like a dumb [lacrosse] such as yourself. Someone makes a truthful statement about holdbacks and you immediately go into your defensive mode and start your stupidity and dumb [lacrosse] statements.
You really need to grow up and get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many of the commits that fca is taking credit for are crabs that have not yet played a season for FCA? A lot of that going around lately. Kids forgetting to give credit to the team's who actually trained them to help them acieve their commitment.

1 ex-crab that is committed is now on FCA 2020 and is not listed on FCA's commitment age on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and that ex-Crab is attending Calvert Hall...Calvert Hall coach also runs FCA and is a UNC alum...I think the ex-crab had a few conversations with his new HS coach prior to the UNC commit...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the end - club lacrosse is a business. Fat Crab is in this for one reason - the money. The more early commits he can tout the more people he can get to buy into his holdback scam - the more money he makes. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard