BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 111 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can only speak from experience at Chaminade - 100% NO Lacrosse Scholarships, and 100% NO entrance exam waived.

Does Chaminade offer academic scholarships? There are no athletic scholarships in college Div III sports, yet they happen under the auspices of academic scholarships for the undeserving. Considering that that is governed by the NCAA, with severe sanctions for violation, why would you think that it can't happen in a self-regulated scenario? I take it that the student athlete would still have to pass the entrance exam.

Tons of kids (players) are not excepted right away and get wait listed. That is how they get them in later.

Based on your spelling/grammar proficiency I am guessing you are not a graduate!!

When in doubt, go after the typos!!!

No doubt, but I never read any proven facts on chaminade thread. Just opinions presented as facts. Name a person who got wait listed. I have never heard nor seen this. Have you? Elaborate on your statement or it is nothing more than an uneducated guess.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can only speak from experience at Chaminade - 100% NO Lacrosse Scholarships, and 100% NO entrance exam waived.

Does Chaminade offer academic scholarships? There are no athletic scholarships in college Div III sports, yet they happen under the auspices of academic scholarships for the undeserving. Considering that that is governed by the NCAA, with severe sanctions for violation, why would you think that it can't happen in a self-regulated scenario? I take it that the student athlete would still have to pass the entrance exam.

Tons of kids (players) are not excepted right away and get wait listed. That is how they get them in later.

Based on your spelling/grammar proficiency I am guessing you are not a graduate!!

When in doubt, go after the typos!!!

No doubt, but I never read any proven facts on chaminade thread. Just opinions presented as facts. Name a person who got wait listed. I have never heard nor seen this. Have you? Elaborate on your statement or it is nothing more than an uneducated guess.

It is a fact. Not writing kids names on here but 3 kids from my sons team were originally waitlisted. Why is that hard to believe?

They accept a certain amount of kids. Some decide on other schools. They go down the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you believe what your kids friends tell you ?? Good source.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you believe what your kids friends tell you ?? Good source.

Not at all. But the parents who were at Kellenbergs orientation and said they were on wait list, and then went to Chaminade, I believe. Seems unlikely to lie about that as an adult??

If someone says NO to Chaminade do you think they go with one less student?? What do you think happens??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to believe because I know many Chaminade alumni and current students and never heard that. By the way, my sons friends told me about killer clowns in the neighborhood. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crickets....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to believe because I know many Chaminade alumni and current students and never heard that. By the way, my sons friends told me about killer clowns in the neighborhood. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Why wouldn't Chaminade have a waitlist? Most (at least slightly) selective schools in the world have one (and logically should).

Doesn't mean they're somehow letting in unqualified people as some sort of backdoor to having high academic standards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why wouldn't Chaminade have a waitlist? Most (at least slightly) selective schools in the world have one (and logically should).

Doesn't mean they're somehow letting in unqualified people as some sort of backdoor to having high academic standards.

I know of more than a few kids waitlisted that are now attending Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like the comment about the kids who said NO to Chaminade. Don't know even one kid who said no to Chaminade, not one, and frankly I don't believe there is one. Sorry, too good of a school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like the comment about the kids who said NO to Chaminade. Don't know even one kid who said no to Chaminade, not one, and frankly I don't believe there is one. Sorry, too good of a school

Are you serious ??? You think everyone that put chaminade as one of the choices and got in goes there ??? Some just put to see if they could get in. It's a very good school , it's not that good of a school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crickets....

Crickets ?? Not everyone waiting on here 24/7

My son was waitlisted and accepted a month later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Applicants "have to put Chaminade first" out of the three choices. What percentage of boys who get accepted would say no ? No need for a wait list. I went there as well as my son and have never heard of one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Applicants "have to put Chaminade first" out of the three choices. What percentage of boys who get accepted would say no ? No need for a wait list. I went there as well as my son and have never heard of one

Wrong. Completely wrong. This isn't a debate. They have a waitlist. Lots of kids from manhasset , garden city , RVC take the test and decide for one reason or another not to go there. I'm not saying "I know a guy" , my son was wait listed . Get over it. They do it. Great school .....some people say no

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of kids say no. Some public school kids aren't sure so they take the test and keep their options open and after thinking about it decide against the commitment required, some kids I know end up getting into and attending Regis and more kids are going to Kellenberg. "You have to list it first" is an urban legend. My son listed it second and got in but chose to attend Kellenberg (his first choice). I think if you list it first you get a little more leeway or benefit of the doubt - which is the intention of the ranking process. I know of two of my son's friends who were waitlisted then accepted within a month or so who are now attending. I think the hardest part about Chaminade is getting in, once you are there everyone there is at least capable of making it, provided they put in the required effort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was admitted and said no. I know other kids as well that decided not to attend. Each kid/family had their own reasons. It appears everyone is happy with their decisions. Great school, but not the only option or for all kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So all that your post gives us is two more d-bags to look out for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Open house today. Lots of 4'11" kids wearing their club swetshirts to impress JM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was accepted but decided not to attend. As much as he would have loved to play lacrosse there (and who knows if he would have made the team) it was the lack of AP classes and the lackluster math and science curriculum, plus the lack of diversity, that informed his decision. Hopefully with the new center things will change academically. My son went on to play college lacrosse at a top tier D 3 academic and lax school. Please no disparaging comments about D3 schools. The Chaminade decision was right for him and that is all that matters. Chaminade is a great school for many, but it is not for every boy. So, yes some decide not to attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious ??? You think everyone that put chaminade as one of the choices and got in goes there ??? Some just put to see if they could get in. It's a very good school , it's not that good of a school.

Agreed, but Regis is! You know, that school where almost no one at Chaminade could get into...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, but Regis is! You know, that school where almost no one at Chaminade could get into...

We arson a lacrosse board... Regis doesn't have a lacrosse team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you read the post? I wrote that I don't know any kids who turned Chaminade down. I didn't write anything about every kid who is offered getting in. I don't know a single young man offered a spot who said no. I do know a few who left after a year, but not too many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you read the post? I wrote that I don't know any kids who turned Chaminade down. I didn't write anything about every kid who is offered getting in. I don't know a single young man offered a spot who said no. I do know a few who left after a year, but not too many.

And then you said "...frankly , I don't think there is one too good a school to turn down"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually - my son is a sophomore. He got into cham and chose to go to school in NYC..
It happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so, record straight...I know of at least six boys who made Chaminade as first choice and chose to go elsewhere...my son included...I spoke about this several months ago that the draw isn't what it used to be, so the athletics is showing a resulting decline...look at the football program, it's in shambles, lacrosse is still good, but no doubt not as strong as it could be, the student athlete, the best athletes are not automatically drawn to the red helmet anymore...to much politics and travel team favoritism...it's what kept us away...best player doesn't always get past the old boy network,...and don't talk to me about the number of lacrosse early commits, other schools have just as many. anyway, generally, early committing the top athletes just makes them gun shy to play other sports, so those kids aren't available come later years to help the school maintain an athletic standard in contact sports....academics is still top level, but so are other schools. it's a fact....other schools are on the rise...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I put Chaminade 3rd many years ago and still was accepted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tel me the schools equal with Chaminade. No sarcasm, asking if there is a school in Nassau or Suffolk that compares academically, athletically and alumni strength with Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
uh, how bout Roosevelt HS for one?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tel me the schools equal with Chaminade. No sarcasm, asking if there is a school in Nassau or Suffolk that compares academically, athletically and alumni strength with Chaminade.

Garden City
Manhasset
RVC
Jericho
Cold Spring Harbor

Look at private school ranking nationwide and see where they are compared to your local HS nationally with the public rankings. There were a dozen LI schools in top 500. Chaninade is not even close to top 500 private nations wide.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh, there is the sarcasm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Tel me the schools equal with Chaminade. No sarcasm, asking if there is a school in Nassau or Suffolk that compares academically, athletically and alumni strength with Chaminade.

Garden City
Manhasset
RVC
Jericho
Cold Spring Harbor

JERICHO IS A SPORTS JUGGERNAUT!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh, there is the sarcasm.

Sarcasm?? Facts and numbers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roosevelt HS is better than Chaminade??? What planet do you live on? Seriously dude?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Tel me the schools equal with Chaminade. No sarcasm, asking if there is a school in Nassau or Suffolk that compares academically, athletically and alumni strength with Chaminade.

Garden City
Manhasset
RVC
Jericho
Cold Spring Harbor

Jericho Soccer was 2011, 2012 and 2013 state champions. And compete in many other sports besides lacrosse. 27th best academic HS in country. Not a lacrosse school, but certainly checks a lot of other boxes. With your theory, Chaminade can not be a "SPORTS JUGGERNAUT" because their varsity football team won .............ZERO ....count them .....zero games last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're a top student, I'd say CSH, Set and GC (in that order) are on par with Chammy. But if you're a student who isn't the top of the class, chaminade is a good choice. Those 3 public schools have the resources for the top kids to really excel. But there is a lot more to a chaminade education than books. Chaminade teaches young men how to prepare for the future, meaning college and beyond

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roosevelt HS is better than Chaminade??? What planet do you live on? Seriously dude?

sorry...meant Uniondale..and very possibly, Westbury for academics..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City
Manhasset
RVC
Jericho
Cold Spring Harbor

I'm a Chaminade alum and soon-to-be Manhasset homeowner, and freely admit that Manhasset High School is academically stronger than Chaminade.

I'm still planning to send my sons to Chaminade.

(Who the [lacrosse] knows what I'll do if I have a daughter.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're a top student, I'd say CSH, Set and GC (in that order) are on par with Chammy. But if you're a student who isn't the top of the class, chaminade is a good choice. Those 3 public schools have the resources for the top kids to really excel. But there is a lot more to a chaminade education than books. Chaminade teaches young men how to prepare for the future, meaning college and beyond

Parents should be preparing their young men for the future. I would not leave it up to a teacher or brother. There has been some bad press there too??!!

Plenty of great schools on Long Island. The special students and athletes will always get recognized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one has commented on alumni. Chaminade has a very powerful alumni group. So much so that they are in discussions to make the school tuition free in the future. Agreed that those publics are comparable re: education & athletics, but what of alumni?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one has commented on alumni. Chaminade has a very powerful alumni group. So much so that they are in discussions to make the school tuition free in the future. Agreed that those publics are comparable re: education & athletics, but what of alumni?

You don't think Manhasset or garden City have an aliumni base ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the reasons we wanted our son to try Chaminade was because their networking is so great. I do believe it is, but a friend pointed out how many people we know that are unemployed, young and old, that are Chaminade graduates. If you are smart, motivated and a hard worker, you'll end up at a great college where networking will be just as important. It's nice to have connections, but there are other ways of networking than just through your HS.

Like Reply Quote
Page 55 of 111 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard