BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 194 of 220 1 2 192 193 194 195 196 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What the heck is going on w the 2019 college commits at this age .It just does not make sense that so few at this point are committed .I get that it's still early but a lot of schools are either already done at this age or finishing up and have little to no scholarship left .Not the best team in the age group but as they say the college coaches recruit players not teams , along those lines it seems the 2020 group is doing well and they are really even a weaker team .Are a lot of the 19's looking at slower moving schools that give little to no athletic money like the Ivies etc . I know it sounds harsh but really just curious as my daughter will be there in a couple years .

Maybe the 2019s are taking their time and really researching schools to find the best fit for their child and not just jumping at the 1st school that offers them anything because of the "name of the school. Saying you're going to a Md, UNC or other big schools sounds great but if you're just on the sideline and not playing doesn't really mean much. Being a schools top recruit and being the bottom recruit certainly have different meanings!!

So what u r saying is that tg 2019 has no kids w the ability to be a top (or even mid-tier) recruit at a top 25 program. Well that deosn't say much for the program I guess.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck is going on w the 2019 college commits at this age .It just does not make sense that so few at this point are committed .I get that it's still early but a lot of schools are either already done at this age or finishing up and have little to no scholarship left .Not the best team in the age group but as they say the college coaches recruit players not teams , along those lines it seems the 2020 group is doing well and they are really even a weaker team .Are a lot of the 19's looking at slower moving schools that give little to no athletic money like the Ivies etc . I know it sounds harsh but really just curious as my daughter will be there in a couple years .

Maybe the 2019s are taking their time and really researching schools to find the best fit for their child and not just jumping at the 1st school that offers them anything because of the "name of the school. Saying you're going to a Md, UNC or other big schools sounds great but if you're just on the sideline and not playing doesn't really mean much. Being a schools top recruit and being the bottom recruit certainly have different meanings!!

That honestly makes no sense. First if you are a schools bottom recruit they are not really going to offer you anything. Second seems unlikely that the "taking your time and researching" etc approach would be adopted by such a large segment of the team. That said its as good an explanation as any.The other possible reasons makes no sense either as the 2019 team is better and has more talent than the 2020 but they seem to be keeping pace with other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what u r saying is that tg 2019 has no kids w the ability to be a top (or even mid-tier) recruit at a top 25 program. Well that deosn't say much for the program I guess.

I am not saying that at all! 2019 has PLENTY of great talent that has and will end up at great schools. However, like all teams not everyone is a "top 20" player, My point was that kids that are NOT necessarily the top talent might not be jumping so quickly to go to a a school just because they offer them something. You have to look at the big picture. There is a big difference between "being" on a team and being an important part of a team. I don't think any kid wants to go to a school where they are going to stand on the sideline for 4 years when there maybe a school where they can see field time and make an impact. Look at college sidelines - tons of kids and only probably 12-15 really see consistent playing time. Doing research gives your child the best chance at success both athletically and academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your points are well thought out and make sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents need to wake up and realize it's not the talent of their girls, the parents work very hard getting their girls trained in the off season (TG parents work twice as hard as other travel families in making their own arrangements for their daughters training). The club is unable to keep up with their recruiting obligations for these girls because the bridges that the Smith family has burned in regards to college recruiting. Why do you think there has been such a talent bleed from their program to YJ and other programs. The families of many 2020's saw this developing and left, and now the talented from 2021 are seeing it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents need to wake up and realize it's not the talent of their girls, the parents work very hard getting their girls trained in the off season (TG parents work twice as hard as other travel families in making their own arrangements for their daughters training). The club is unable to keep up with their recruiting obligations for these girls because the bridges that the Smith family has burned in regards to college recruiting. Why do you think there has been such a talent bleed from their program to YJ and other programs. The families of many 2020's saw this developing and left, and now the talented from 2021 are seeing it.

It's true. Unless SS wants your daughter to play at Hofstra TG does nothing for the girls. 2017 girls were the first group to realize this, parents and girls called the "directors" on many occasions and never received guidance. The smart ones left and the rest of us stayed because we thought it was too late to make a move. Wrong! And some who are committed received less than $5000, and won't see the field (that's IF they are academically eligible to play. RUN don't walk to another team. Unless you're happy - and good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not saying that at all! 2019 has PLENTY of great talent that has and will end up at great schools. However, like all teams not everyone is a "top 20" player, My point was that kids that are NOT necessarily the top talent might not be jumping so quickly to go to a a school just because they offer them something. You have to look at the big picture. There is a big difference between "being" on a team and being an important part of a team. I don't think any kid wants to go to a school where they are going to stand on the sideline for 4 years when there maybe a school where they can see field time and make an impact. Look at college sidelines - tons of kids and only probably 12-15 really see consistent playing time. Doing research gives your child the best chance at success both athletically and academically.

So now you are saying that all the kids who are not starting/playing a ton on teams all made a mistake? So more than half the kids going to these schools made a mistake? You are incorrect that the only calculus is playing time. Some kids and their families actually make the calculation that other things are more important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but do all the research you want you will still have no idea how much playing time your 2019 kid will get in most college programs especially the top 30 lax programs.Sounds like an excuse for kids who may be struggling to get descent offers.If schools are making these kids decent offers then those schools obviously believe these kids will play and aren't they a better judge of who will see playing time at their program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of 4 2018 girls that left and were contacted by college coaches almost immediately after leaving. Girls were by asked by coaches why they never called and none had received anything from TG. Coaches emails to BS were never forwarded or he didn't return the coaches calls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now you are saying that all the kids who are not starting/playing a ton on teams all made a mistake? So more than half the kids going to these schools made a mistake? You are incorrect that the only calculus is playing time. Some kids and their families actually make the calculation that other things are more important.

Yes, I'm sure all those kids spent time and effort to get recruited to play lax because they want to play are very happy sitting on the sideline. You're right lax is only part of the equation but if your kid actually wants to play, then sitting on the sideline is not going to be enough. It's true not all kids care about actually being on the field and if that's the case then you are all set.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I'm sure all those kids spent time and effort to get recruited to play lax because they want to play are very happy sitting on the sideline. You're right lax is only part of the equation but if your kid actually wants to play, then sitting on the sideline is not going to be enough. It's true not all kids care about actually being on the field and if that's the case then you are all set.

Shoot low. Hey, at least you'll play. Gotcha. Why challenge yourself and set high goals and expectations for yourself? That seems ridiculous doesn't it. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If my kids dream school is Princeton and they get in but never play that would be fine with me, this is why most rosters are loaded with FR and Soph players, If your not playing by the second year move on and enjoy all the college experience has to offer. if lax gets you into the door of your dream school take it and let the chops fall where they may

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard TG has a 2020 commit to Maryland is this true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If my kids dream school is Princeton and they get in but never play that would be fine with me, this is why most rosters are loaded with FR and Soph players, If your not playing by the second year move on and enjoy all the college experience has to offer. if lax gets you into the door of your dream school take it and let the chops fall where they may

DING DING DING ... We have a winner!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup

Congrats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can that be. They told me only yja girls can commit that early. I've been all over the country with my superstar and i have'nt gotten any offers yet. With all the training and traveling i'm in for 60k already. Why can't you go to Hofstra like everyone says!!!!
Way to go kid!!!! Nice job TG. Don't listen to that [lacrosse] on YJ putting everyone else down. Keep up the hard work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can that be. They told me only yja girls can commit that early. I've been all over the country with my superstar and i have'nt gotten any offers yet. With all the training and traveling i'm in for 60k already. Why can't you go to Hofstra like everyone says!!!!
Way to go kid!!!! Nice job TG. Don't listen to that [lacrosse] on YJ putting everyone else down. Keep up the hard work.

Exactly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!

You two Riverhead/ESM losers need to get a life .First you have a kid who commits to a great school but you can't just congratulate her , you have to make it about YJ . It just shows how truly insecure you are about the fact that you stayed behind when the others left . Do too many TG commit to Hofstra , yes . Is the 2019 group behind other clubs in terms of recruiting , yes . Is the 2020 TG team now the 3rd or 4th best team in the age on LI , yes . Make it about TG not YJ . Congrats to her . Look at the positive , with most of the 2020 top TG players having left the team it gives other kids a chance to be noticed , would that have happened to them if these kids left for YJ , probably not as they would have been buried on the bench or team 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How can that be. They told me only yja girls can commit that early. I've been all over the country with my superstar and i have'nt gotten any offers yet. With all the training and traveling i'm in for 60k already. Why can't you go to Hofstra like everyone says!!!!

Exactly! [/quote
You two Riverhead/ESM losers need to get a life .First you have a kid who commits to a great school but you can't just congratulate her , you have to make it about YJ . It just shows how truly insecure you are about the fact that you stayed behind when the others left . Do too many TG commit to Hofstra , yes . Is the 2019 group behind other clubs in terms of recruiting , yes . Is the 2020 TG team now the 3rd or 4th best team in the age on LI , yes . Make it about TG not YJ . Congrats to her . Look at the positive , with most of the 2020 top TG players having left the team it gives other kids a chance to be noticed , would that have happened to them if these kids left for YJ , probably not as they would have been buried on the bench or team 2.

I understand what you're saying but If a kid is truly a good player they shouldn't be "buried" on the bench regardless of who is on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How can that be. They told me only yja girls can commit that early. I've been all over the country with my superstar and i have'nt gotten any offers yet. With all the training and traveling i'm in for 60k already. Why can't you go to Hofstra like everyone says!!!!

Exactly! [/quote

I understand what you're saying but If a kid is truly a good player they shouldn't be "buried" on the bench regardless of who is on the team.

I agree, just saying that is the YJ way , they pick who "their " kids are and leave many descent kids out .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to break it to you, happens everywhere...not just talking about girls club lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!

The reality is only two players that left 2020 black were top players . The one everyone knows is the best player on LI and just recently committed to UNC and the other was bumped to purple and left for leg. All other players from 2020 black that went elsewhere have proven to be role players on their new teams. It is what it is. The 2020 Black team is a good team and from reading all if you constant posts about them...better off without your family polluting the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they look even better by avoiding the competitive tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!

The reality is only two players that left 2020 black were top players . The one everyone knows is the best player on LI and just recently committed to UNC and the other was bumped to purple and left for leg. All other players from 2020 black that went elsewhere have proven to be role players on their new teams. It is what it is. The 2020 Black team is a good team and from reading all if you constant posts about them...better off without your family polluting the sidelines.

Reality is you're wrong again. You're forgetting the young lady from Babylon with the knee injury. She would be on YJ blue in a heartbeat if she left. There is still plenty of talent on that team. As for playing in second rate tournaments, TG isn't invited to all tournaments. Probably because of burnt bridges and the Smiths will not go in any tournament where CR gets a piece. They have played all of the top teams over the summers, just not yours.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!

Reality is you're wrong again. You're forgetting the young lady from Babylon with the knee injury. She would be on YJ blue in a heartbeat if she left. There is still plenty of talent on that team. As for playing in second rate tournaments, TG isn't invited to all tournaments. Probably because of burnt bridges and the Smiths will not go in any tournament where CR gets a piece. They have played all of the top teams over the summers, just not yours.

If you read my post again you will see that I am in support of the 2020 Black team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How have they done against the top teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Exactly!

they played one team from maryland last season that would be a true "A" team and were smoked by double digits, no other teams worth mentioning

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Exactly!

they played one team from maryland last season that would be a true "A" team and were smoked by double digits, no other teams worth mentioning

YJ teams smoked by MD teams also. LI and MD are just in different league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought we were talking about 2020s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Exactly!

YJ teams smoked by MD teams also. LI and MD are just in different league.

You are just a loser. If you want to come on here and say nonsense like that at least have some facts .They are talking about the 2020 age group which lost a few and won a few against MD this past season and they were all close games. If you were ranking this age group it would be M&d and YJ as co number 1's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!

Hilarious ,first 2 TG knuckleheads fighting with each other.The kid you are talking about is a good player but not sure YJ blue would take her even if she wanted to come over mainly because they really don't need her and not sure they would want to move anyone off to make room. Even funnier is you two TG knuckleheads think you are complimenting TG by saying they have 1 kid left that YJ blue would want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha YJ second best? Lol, delusional!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside the 6 middies 1 defender and 1 attacker everyone else on blue is so replaceable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Outside the 6 middies 1 defender and 1 attacker everyone else on blue is so replaceable.

Looking forward to playing YJ. I think they'll be surprised how the TG play team lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are NOT beating 2020 blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats what 19 blue said. And we did!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is full of idiot parents. Pay no attention to them and they will go away. They can't stand to be ignored.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!

Hilarious ,first 2 TG knuckleheads fighting with each other.The kid you are talking about is a good player but not sure YJ blue would take her even if she wanted to come over mainly because they really don't need her and not sure they would want to move anyone off to make room. Even funnier is you two TG knuckleheads think you are complimenting TG by saying they have 1 kid left that YJ blue would want.

There is no WOW factor..YJ is not interested in kid as she doesn't bring anything that they don't already have. Do you really think if CR wanted kid, she wouldn't already have her?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then.

Like Reply Quote
Page 194 of 220 1 2 192 193 194 195 196 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard