BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 111 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
cant believe a kid at chaminade reclassed to 2020 . he is a special player

Ever consider that his parents might have done it for academic and/or social reasons?

not a chance 3 sport star qb in football , point guard in basketball was a top scorer on long island as a hold back 8th grader brother plays at a top d1 school

Star????

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Star NBA? NFL? Eight grader playing against 7 th graders . Star ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Lets do this comparison. You have states like MD where the kindergarten cutoff date is Sept. So now a Sept 2000 kid in NY would be a 2018 grad. In Maryland he or she is now going to start school next Sept so will be a 2019. Parents hold back and now is a 2020 graduate. Now this MD kid decides to go to a private after doing a 9th grade year in public school and will repeat that 9th grade year at private so is now a 2021 graduate of high school. Happens all the time.

What I don;t get is that if a kid is a holdback AND reclassifies, before 10th grade, don't recruiters see through this and basically realize they are watching a 'high school' kid dominate middle schoolers??

That's not going to change in college - will always be playing against younger kids. It's not like he has to jump to his junior year when he enters college at 20 yrs old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cant believe a kid at chaminade reclassed to 2020 . he is a special player

Ever consider that his parents might have done it for academic and/or social reasons?

not a chance 3 sport star qb in football , point guard in basketball was a top scorer on long island as a hold back 8th grader brother plays at a top d1 school

watch chaminade athletics over next 4 yrs

Star????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so to be clear. if you repeat a year when you enter say, Chaminade, its reclassification not hold back?

Not sure why you're so hung up on the terminology, but yes - I believe so. And if you graduate from HS, then go to a private school for another year before college, that's a PG (post-graduate) year. All have the same result - kids who are older than they should be for their grade (based on birthdate).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Star NBA? NFL? Eight grader playing against 7 th graders . Star ??

said he played varsity as an 8th grade holdback, scored 72 goals on varsity last yr

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emotional stability? What does the boy say to his friends. How does a boy who already matured in certain areas of his life fit in with his peers. What about life after lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was he a team player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What level of competition

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not defensive, kid doesn't go there, I am a little sick of seeing the same Chaminade bashers on here over and over....or is it the same person just spouting more nonsense. WHO CARES what Chaminade does if your son doesn't go there? I don't care what they do, just like I don't care what any school my children don't attend does. Nor should you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Emotional stability? What does the boy say to his friends. How does a boy who already matured in certain areas of his life fit in with his peers. What about life after lacrosse

It's interesting but most boys don't know even know that a kid is a holdback. Many of the players who are holdbacks get accolades due to being great athletes and as a result this surpasses much of the stigma of being a holdback. There are a few kids that were the early commits to schools that are holdbacks on the Chaminade team. They are great players but not as great as they once we're because others have gone through puberty and caught up or passed them in size and skill. Yet they received the early commitment.

Last edited by America's Game; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Chaminade Basher . I think quite well of Chaminade. Just some honest questions about a boys development . That might provoke some thought

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so to be clear. if you repeat a year when you enter say, Chaminade, its reclassification not hold back?

Since when does the school allow this sort of thing to happen?

I can see kids who were maybe held back a year upon entry to pre-K or kindergarten (this sort of thing sometimes happens with public school kids as well), but Chaminade isn't taking 9th graders and allowing them to start over, nor are they accepting students who somehow did 8th grade twice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since when does the school allow this sort of thing to happen?

I can see kids who were maybe held back a year upon entry to pre-K or kindergarten (this sort of thing sometimes happens with public school kids as well), but Chaminade isn't taking 9th graders and allowing them to start over, nor are they accepting students who somehow did 8th grade twice.

They take a kid who takes entrance exam and then will go to a private school for one year for 9th then do 9th again at Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there a difference between a reclassified and a hold back? Chaminade has at least one hold back should have been class of 2016

Usually reclassified is when they change grades after starting school (the "re-" part) and hold backs are when they don't start kindergarten according to their age (hold back from starting school).

How do you characterize a kid who was left back in grade school for academic or social maturation issues years before they or their parents ever considered youth lacrosse. Should such kids be stigmatized if they excel in 7th, 8th grades because they are older? I think not.

I don't believe parents on LI have been holding their kids back in kindergarten in the hopes that the kid plays lacrosse later on in the and that they get a leg up on the competition. Also, kids go through puberty at different ages - should an early bloomer be looked at negatively because they are bigger and stronger?

Get real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets do this comparison. You have states like MD where the kindergarten cutoff date is Sept. So now a Sept 2000 kid in NY would be a 2018 grad. In Maryland he or she is now going to start school next Sept so will be a 2019. Parents hold back and now is a 2020 graduate. Now this MD kid decides to go to a private after doing a 9th grade year in public school and will repeat that 9th grade year at private so is now a 2021 graduate of high school. Happens all the time.

What I don;t get is that if a kid is a holdback AND reclassifies, before 10th grade, don't recruiters see through this and basically realize they are watching a 'high school' kid dominate middle schoolers??

That's not going to change in college - will always be playing against younger kids. It's not like he has to jump to his junior year when he enters college at 20 yrs old.

Most don't continue to standout. When you've been playing down for the last five years it's tough to face men who are just as big and strong. Only now they're more talented. It's called facing the music. My 16 yo played in committed games this summer, he was playing against many 19 and 20 year old 2016's. Not all that great skill wise. Some gave him cheap shots when they got burned, kind of laughable actually. I predict many of these kids moving forward will wash out, get cut, or never play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there a difference between a reclassified and a hold back? Chaminade has at least one hold back should have been class of 2016

Usually reclassified is when they change grades after starting school (the "re-" part) and hold backs are when they don't start kindergarten according to their age (hold back from starting school).

How do you characterize a kid who was left back in grade school for academic or social maturation issues years before they or their parents ever considered youth lacrosse. Should such kids be stigmatized if they excel in 7th, 8th grades because they are older? I think not.

I don't believe parents on LI have been holding their kids back in kindergarten in the hopes that the kid plays lacrosse later on in the and that they get a leg up on the competition. Also, kids go through puberty at different ages - should an early bloomer be looked at negatively because they are bigger and stronger?

Get real.

Ehh there are parents that start trying to have their families in Feb, March so they are born in Nov, Dec. So they can be in the next year's class of kindergarten. As for kids being left back. When was the last time you heard of a kid on Long Island being left back. Lol. Parents plan these things. You would be very surprised what parents do to have their child have an advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Chaminade Basher . I think quite well of Chaminade. Just some honest questions about a boys development . That might provoke some thought

Nothing about Catholic school boys provokes any type of thought on my part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most don't continue to standout. When you've been playing down for the last five years it's tough to face men who are just as big and strong. Only now they're more talented. It's called facing the music. My 16 yo played in committed games this summer, he was playing against many 19 and 20 year old 2016's. Not all that great skill wise. Some gave him cheap shots when they got burned, kind of laughable actually. I predict many of these kids moving forward will wash out, get cut, or never play.

Except for the 2013 Tewaaraton winner who was 23 when he graduated from College...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a bummer..... have to wait for a certain time of year to start.... I was banging the old lady anytime I could no matter the time of year...but that's just me.

Get real.

Ehh there are parents that start trying to have their families in Feb, March so they are born in Nov, Dec. So they can be in the next year's class of kindergarten. As for kids being left back. When was the last time you heard of a kid on Long Island being left back. Lol. Parents plan these things. You would be very surprised what parents do to have their child have an advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]but Chaminade isn't taking 9th graders and allowing them to start over, nor are they accepting students who somehow did 8th grade twice.

You are wrong!

Yes, they absolutely have taken these student/athletes. So have the other privates/catholics.
It is a shamefully encouraged by the parents and club coaches.
The trick is to repeat an 8th grade year at a private then enter as a freshman in a catholic.

As to an earlier post--- Yes, the kids in these schools know who the holdbacks are. Especially the kids one year ahead of them. Many played with or against the holdbacks when they were playing CYO hoops/ baseball, Pop warner football, or PAL Lax on appropriate grade levels.

Cheating is cheating. I wish the schools had standards and the parents had ethics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They absolutely take kids who went to 8th grade twice. I am friends with two of them. Now giving out athletic scholarships, that I haven't heard of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't believe parents on LI have been holding their kids back in kindergarten in the hopes that the kid plays lacrosse later on in the and that they get a leg up on the competition.

Get real.

... You obviously don't live in my town

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do a lot of Chaminade lax players play football as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do a lot of Chaminade lax players play football as well?

Why ask?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, there are quite a few.

the knock on last year's crop was that they checked out (actually of mentally) once they committed to a school for lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the knock on last year's crop was that they checked out (actually of mentally) once they committed to a school for lax.

No they didn't, so where did you get that fact?? Please tell. S

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, they had the worst year in recent Chaminade history, so clearly something was wrong there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, they had the worst year in recent Chaminade history, so clearly something was wrong there.

Not what was written by the first poster, he/she stated that the kids "checked out" once they committed. Where did this information come from? Parent? Coach? Student-athlete? Or is this an opinion, which should then be stated as such, not as if this is something known. Nonsense statement, they didn't check out, they were a BAD football team, it happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the scholarship money all went to lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that school has started - any word on whether this Varsity A and B teams are happening at Chaminade and St. As?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why are you afraid to call school and ask for A.D.?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can only speak from experience at Chaminade - 100% NO Lacrosse Scholarships, and 100% NO entrance exam waived.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can only speak from experience at Chaminade - 100% NO Lacrosse Scholarships, and 100% NO entrance exam waived.

Does Chaminade offer academic scholarships? There are no athletic scholarships in college Div III sports, yet they happen under the auspices of academic scholarships for the undeserving. Considering that that is governed by the NCAA, with severe sanctions for violation, why would you think that it can't happen in a self-regulated scenario? I take it that the student athlete would still have to pass the entrance exam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes they offer hold backs and repeaters full tuition and transportation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does Chaminade offer academic scholarships? There are no athletic scholarships in college Div III sports, yet they happen under the auspices of academic scholarships for the undeserving. Considering that that is governed by the NCAA, with severe sanctions for violation, why would you think that it can't happen in a self-regulated scenario? I take it that the student athlete would still have to pass the entrance exam.

Tons of kids (players) are not excepted right away and get wait listed. That is how they get them in later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tons of kids (players) are not excepted right away and get wait listed. That is how they get them in later.

Based on your spelling/grammar proficiency I am guessing you are not a graduate!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
of anything....anywhere...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on your spelling/grammar proficiency I am guessing you are not a graduate!!

When in doubt, go after the typos!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 111 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard