BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 102 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are all missing the point...

1) Yes, I am a new parent to the Outlaws team (formally with Express HB - so some of you will be able to guess who I am. Not that I am hiding).
2) We are not practicing to win / lose fall tournaments. Just practicing to get better.
3) The current coach took over very late last year and, by then, the parents were appropriately disgruntled so unlikely to change a formed opinion of the program.
4) 2x per week for a few weeks so the kids can become familiar with one another will not burn them out.

Whether we play in A or B brackets is the coaches decision. You providing your invaluable insight won't sway the discussion. Honestly, it makes you sound petty. I am sure that wasn't your intention but it is the impression everyone will have. Lucky you are able to post under "anonymous" so your identity is safe.

I have tried to stay positive but maybe there should be a new rule to the forum. If you post something negative, you must include your name. I guarantee there would be a significant improvement in the dialogue.

I don't see you posting under your name, your under anonymous.

Again, I think you have missed the point... I have not said anything disparaging so why does it matter. Besides the fact that I have identified myself as a parent with a child that used to be on Express and is now on Outlaws (not to mention my older son still plays for Express). The former comment would dwindle the number of people to 3 and the latter comment means there is only one person. Those who actually know people on both teams and are not just posting for the sake of getting a thrill will know who I am.

Are you the new team parent brown noser?

Ya, that's me and the world has done me and my kid wrong and rather than take responsibility for our actions we are blaming the world.

You, on the other hand, have so much to contribute to the world of lacrosse and society.

I really do appreciate you opening my eyes to all my short-comings. Rather than provide honest feedback about my experience I will grunt on the sideline. That's something you may be able to appreciate.

Go ahead... provide some more witty comments. Everyone really enjoys them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Yes, I am a new parent to the Outlaws team (formally with Express HB - so some of you will be able to guess who I am. Not that I am hiding).
2) We are not practicing to win / lose fall tournaments. Just practicing to get better.
3) The current coach took over very late last year and, by then, the parents were appropriately disgruntled so unlikely to change a formed opinion of the program.
4) 2x per week for a few weeks so the kids can become familiar with one another will not burn them out.

Whether we play in A or B brackets is the coaches decision. You providing your invaluable insight won't sway the discussion. Honestly, it makes you sound petty. I am sure that wasn't your intention but it is the impression everyone will have. Lucky you are able to post under "anonymous" so your identity is safe.

I have tried to stay positive but maybe there should be a new rule to the forum. If you post something negative, you must include your name. I guarantee there would be a significant improvement in the dialogue.

Again, I think you have missed the point... I have not said anything disparaging so why does it matter. Besides the fact that I have identified myself as a parent with a child that used to be on Express and is now on Outlaws (not to mention my older son still plays for Express). The former comment would dwindle the number of people to 3 and the latter comment means there is only one person. Those who actually know people on both teams and are not just posting for the sake of getting a thrill will know who I am.

Ya, that's me and the world has done me and my kid wrong and rather than take responsibility for our actions we are blaming the world.

You, on the other hand, have so much to contribute to the world of lacrosse and society.

I really do appreciate you opening my eyes to all my short-comings. Rather than provide honest feedback about my experience I will grunt on the sideline. That's something you may be able to appreciate.

Ok Mom, I can't wait until our teams play each other and see you with your red solo cup yelling at your son. It will be hilarious. We all know who you are. Glad you're not with us anymore, brownie!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO THAT'S ME.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel lax is a year round deal now. If it is not the primary sport then what are you paying for ? PAL Football ???? 180$ or $2500?
Lost on why so many kids sign up for travel lax just to "keep up with the jones's".

prioritize every other sport then wonder why little Johnny's team can't win a game ? Or why Johnny can't crack an "A" team.

Valid point. Honestly I kinda fell in this bucket. My son likes the game but in speaking with him turns out he liked the travel team more because his friends are on the team. I used to not mind because it's what all his friends' parents were doing. This year I thought about it and realized it's very silly to spend $2K on this when he could be focusing more on his two other sports that he's better at a combined price tag that's way less than the cost of travel lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go play football, baseball, Soccer, Whatever... Jack of all trades master of none.. Your son isn't passionate about 1 sport more than the other? ????
You can afford to pay Travel LAX dollars and prioritize PAL Football?
Im sure your son will be fine.
I consider Travel Lax a commitment and a gift. Respect the opportunity to play. Alot of parents treat it like an activity. PAL Lax is an Activity ....

Keeping up with the Jones's....Signing your son up to everything because all the other parents are signing there kids up as well..Fear of not doing what everyone else is doing...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you're talking to the wrong guy - participated at the NCAA level in two sports, one being a top-10 nationally ranked football team. Most gifted athletes can be masters in more than one sport and actually you know . . . have a choice if they want to pursue one beyond HS. If the never try, they'll never know. And if you think playing football or some other sports somehow detract from a players ability to develop as a more complete athlete, thus improving them in lacrosse, then maybe you don't quite understand both the physical and mental aspects of athletics, particularity at the higher level. I know full well what the "Jones" term means - I was sarcastically critiquing your broad-brush comment that any kid who might play lacrosse but also plays other sports is somehow guilty of that. As a parent of one son who will play travel A lax, PAL lax, and MS school lax all in the spring, along with fall and winter lax workouts, you're opinion is that somehow his playing football is lack of commitment to lacrosse and I am somehow wasting my lax fee $ because of that? You're crazy! And I'll tell that most assuredly that my MS school son and my younger son, who has all of the same sport commitments minus MS lax, will be a better lax player than many of his travel teammates purely from having played football, especially in the physical aspects of the game. Get a clue!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go play football, baseball, Soccer, Whatever... Jack of all trades master of none.. Your son isn't passionate about 1 sport more than the other? ????
I consider Travel Lax a commitment and a gift. Respect the opportunity to play. Alot of parents treat it like an activity. PAL Lax is an Activity ....

Keeping up with the Jones's....Signing your son up to everything because all the other parents are signing there kids up as well..Fear of not doing what everyone else is doing...

These are little kids you're talking about. There are plenty of kids that play multiple sports and make every travel team. At this young age some are athletically inclined and can play any and all sports. There will come a time when the child will decide all on his own what sports he wants to continue to play and what he doesn't. He may decide he doesn't want to play any sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What percentage of kids on the top 4-5 are hold backs? I get that some are legit and done early in life for summer birthdays. Makes sense.
Other ones I don't get. 5Th grade. Average grades. Eh hold em back !!

What is the % for the top 5 teams? Just curious thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What percentage of kids on the top 4-5 are hold backs? I get that some are legit and done early in life for summer birthdays. Makes sense.

I know of 6 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you're talking to the wrong guy - participated at the NCAA level in two sports, one being a top-10 nationally ranked football team. Most gifted athletes can be masters in more than one sport and actually you know . . . have a choice if they want to pursue one beyond HS. If the never try, they'll never know. And if you think playing football or some other sports somehow detract from a players ability to develop as a more complete athlete, thus improving them in lacrosse, then maybe you don't quite understand both the physical and mental aspects of athletics, particularity at the higher level. I know full well what the "Jones" term means - I was sarcastically critiquing your broad-brush comment that any kid who might play lacrosse but also plays other sports is somehow guilty of that. As a parent of one son who will play travel A lax, PAL lax, and MS school lax all in the spring, along with fall and winter lax workouts, you're opinion is that somehow his playing football is lack of commitment to lacrosse and I am somehow wasting my lax fee $ because of that? You're crazy! And I'll tell that most assuredly that my MS school son and my younger son, who has all of the same sport commitments minus MS lax, will be a better lax player than many of his travel teammates purely from having played football, especially in the physical aspects of the game. Get a clue!

Exactly.... and there is plenty of research to support this, from a mental and physiological perspective. Additionally, it's common knowledge that coaches are seeking multi-sport athletes. Could it be that single sport parents are complete headcases??? You decide..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly football is too rough for your son. Must be a middle.... do you scream at the refs when anyone checks little Josephine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly.... and there is plenty of research to support this, from a mental and physiological perspective. Additionally, it's common knowledge that coaches are seeking multi-sport athletes. Could it be that single sport parents are complete headcases??? You decide..

Only idiots put their kids in football. Also Long Island is a football wasteland for the most part. Crazy how much time, effort and money is spent. Rarely produces any top players much less pro players. All bravado to make their kids "thought". lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mom, I can't wait until our teams play each other and see you with your red solo cup yelling at your son. It will be hilarious. We all know who you are. Glad you're not with us anymore, brownie!!

Lmao. Stop making a fool out of yourself SG. And you thought they were your friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do idiots put there kids in football ? So you can only playa HS sport if there's a chance of playing pro ? You obviously never played a HS sport . Having great memories of teamwork , friendships , coaches you'll never forget , parties , cheerleaders, school spirit. That's what it's about. Not the $5k your kid might get by playing lax only all year round . Very ignorant post .

Only idiots put their kids in football. Also Long Island is a football wasteland for the most part. Crazy how much time, effort and money is spent. Rarely produces any top players much less pro players. All bravado to make their kids "thought". lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your opinion, mom. Do you still make him wear dresses like when he was an infant? You might want to check his pencil case, there may be some that are a little too sharp in there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sorry, is that the purpose of sport? My son is on a mediocre travel team, he is a mediocre player. But he tries hard, is rewarded for that, and loves his teammates. Lessons for life.

Please, step back and look at what you write, it is ridiculously sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you make your kid "thought"? Regardless, the post was referring to kids playing multiple sports as opposed to just lax year round. Football, basketball, wrestling, etc... the research shows that different sports use muscles differently. Strengthening them, and adjacent supporting muscle more completely. As far as football goes, I've seen far more injuries in soccer than I have in football. Especially at the younger ages. From concussions to worn out knees, soccer is the hardest in young bodies... most likely because it's been a year round sport long before lax started doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your posts remind me of the prowess of "El Gato". Stop acting like a fool before your sons new team disowns you as quickly as the HB parents/coaches did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of 6 kids.

First of all, who are the top 5 teams (and who cares). Second of all, like it or not, its a fact of lacrosse that it goes by grade. Go to hockey rules and these teams would be all much different.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of 6 kids.

First of all, who are the top 5 teams (and who cares). Second of all, like it or not, its a fact of lacrosse that it goes by grade. Go to hockey rules and these teams would be all much different.....

You know who the so called top are. They are the ones that win all the time, and if you are on this board, then you already know who they are.
In the meantime, I spoke to my son last week and discussed holding him back next year. I called it for enrichment and since he's too young to understand, he said he is ok with it. He will tryout for Wolfpack, Taz, and another top team. He'll probably be one of the shortest kids on the team and therefore no one will know that he is a year older. This board has given me the wisdom and inspiration to control his life. Thank you to all the anonymous's who have helped guide me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your holding your kid back in 6th grade because YOU are obsessed with lacrosse. What about his friends hes been friends with ? Messing with a kids childhood over a youth sport is crazy. How do u sleep at night ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That investment of time, effort, and money is evaluated by what you get back from it. Clearly, you fail to see the take aways that come from that - the learnings and enjoyment that a players receives. Perhaps you should review just how small the % of all secondary school student athletes go on to play at the college level, let alone beyond that. Such context should make you realize YOUR expected returns are unrealistic, sad, and, ironically, makes your investments riskier and of lower rate of return than what you criticize! I feel sad for your children for what they will miss out on, and for their resulting increased propensity to fail to meet expectations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget College...Im talking about 11 year olds and I'm talking about immediate investments. This is now not high school or college. An Athlete can play any sport and I never said that kids shouldn't play more than one. I'm talking about getting the most out of the travel Lax experience and fulfilling the commitment to the team. Your son deserves all the tools to develop not just 1/2 the practices.
Signing Johnny up to every sport and not showing up to practice or games is not the commitment we should be teaching our boys.
Football is a HUGE commitment as it should be for reasons that are obvious to some.
I guess I'm the crazy person that thinks travel lax is something special and not just another sport that kids do to pass the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget College...Im talking about 11 year olds and I'm talking about immediate investments. This is now not high school or college. An Athlete can play any sport and I never said that kids shouldn't play more than one. I'm talking about getting the most out of the travel Lax experience and fulfilling the commitment to the team. Your son deserves all the tools to develop not just 1/2 the practices.
Signing Johnny up to every sport and not showing up to practice or games is not the commitment we should be teaching our boys.
Football is a HUGE commitment as it should be for reasons that are obvious to some.
I guess I'm the crazy person that thinks travel lax is something special and not just another sport that kids do to pass the time.

Got it - travel lax @ 11 years old is when you should be totally "committed", but when they get older, they can diversify athletically. You go think on your (il)logic there some more . . . And I don't know about what club your son plays for, but my son's coaches purposely schedule practices so that they likely don't conflict with football. Further, it's not just just for the kids' sake that they are doing this, because the coaches are also coaching . . . wait for it . . . football!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team practices are important. Coaches are teaching plays and having the defense communicate. Clinics should be for reinforcement and reps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of 6 kids.

You know who the so called top are. They are the ones that win all the time, and if you are on this board, then you already know who they are.
In the meantime, I spoke to my son last week and discussed holding him back next year. I called it for enrichment and since he's too young to understand, he said he is ok with it. He will tryout for Wolfpack, Taz, and another top team. He'll probably be one of the shortest kids on the team and therefore no one will know that he is a year older. This board has given me the wisdom and inspiration to control his life. Thank you to all the anonymous's who have helped guide me.

good call with your son since he cant hold his own in his own grade. Good luck to him next year and to you who will be on the 2024 thread and not here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got it - travel lax @ 11 years old is when you should be totally "committed", but when they get older, they can diversify athletically. You go think on your (il)logic there some more . . . And I don't know about what club your son plays for, but my son's coaches purposely schedule practices so that they likely don't conflict with football. Further, it's not just just for the kids' sake that they are doing this, because the coaches are also coaching . . . wait for it . . . football!

Football= concussions, broken arms, etc. There are other sports that kids can do to help with lax. I prefer wrestling, soccer, swimming, boxing, skiing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Football= concussions, broken arms, etc. There are other sports that kids can do to help with lax. I prefer wrestling, soccer, swimming, boxing, skiing.

I've been coaching youth football for 4 - 5 years - only 1 concussion and no broken arms or legs. Personally played football for 14 years of my youth/early adulthood - no concussions, no broken arms or legs. You've bought into the fear . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Far more concussions in soccer than any other sport. Do some research... and boxing and skiing??? You lost me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't beat curling and fencing for the hand-eye benefits. You know why Canadians are such good finishers and have great stick skills? Curling. Working the broom that hard, but with a delicate touch, does more than you could imagine. Might even be best to strictly work on curling in the early years and then take up lacrosse around 13.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been coaching youth football for 4 - 5 years - only 1 concussion and no broken arms or legs. Personally played football for 14 years of my youth/early adulthood - no concussions, no broken arms or legs. You've bought into the fear . . .

Did you play in the lingerie league?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You are all missing the point...

[/quote

If you weren't on the team last year why would you post about what happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been coaching youth football for 8 years and have never seen an injury of any kind. All of the soccer kids that played year round couldn't run by 15. Don't commit your kid to a single sport. It's a terrible idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Far more concussions in soccer than any other sport. Do some research... and boxing and skiing??? You lost me.

they forgot MMA, horse backriding, bowling & twirling. requires a strong core.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been coaching youth football for 8 years and have never seen an injury of any kind. All of the soccer kids that played year round couldn't run by 15. Don't commit your kid to a single sport. It's a terrible idea.

You are so full of crap. I love it when you say you haven't seen an injury in youth football. The prior post said it all. You must coach in the lingerie football league!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it a rest. I can imagine the good vibes at the dinner table when jr asks if he can go play basketball with his friends. No son, you know you can't play any other sports. Now clean your plate and go restring your stick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played youth Football until last year so 10 years old. Never was injured once playing (Running Back, Safety). My wife and I decided to pull him after last season after doing some research. Then last Lax season first tournament he gets hit legit hit but smacked his head on the ground - Concussion, so you never know. With that said my son breaks my balls to play Football everyday. I told him 9th grade we will revisit the conversation. He also plays Basketball and Deck Hockey. Just my 2 cents but kids should 100% play different sports... Good luck to all in your upcoming seasons, hopefully the stupidity will end on this thread...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basketball is a great sport that works well with Lacrosse. An athlete that plays lacrosse will want to play other sports.
All sports have a chance for injury but to try and sell me on youth Football being a safe sport is ignorant. As a parents you make the decisions to do whats best for your boy. If Football is what you think is best so be it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People wake up. Settle down with the dreams of D1. By the time your kids are of age , the sport is all over the country now. A lot to choose from. Unless your one of the top players it's very tough. A lot of work for little $$$$ . Let them enjoy their youth. It comes fast and leaves faster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've already stated that I played on nationally ranked college team, so keep on with the donkey, lame comebacks as opposed to an actual substantiation of your position . . .

Page 22 of 102 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard