BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 102 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Serious question. Do you think it's better to do wall ball or pitch back? An please say why. My son does a pitch back but I wanted to see if he would get more out of the wall. Thanks

Which ever one he likes the best and it keeps a stick in his hand.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. Do you think it's better to do wall ball or pitch back? An please say why. My son does a pitch back but I wanted to see if he would get more out of the wall. Thanks

wall ball much better. pitch backs take speed off the ball coming back. You want your son to learn how to catch hard and impferct passes. brick wall is perfect

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Express A team? They cut some awesome players that were devoted to the club for the past several years. If this is the case, should I pull my son from the team knowing they're going to kick him off at some point? I'd rather have security of knowing where my money is going and where my son is playing.

What happened to the Express A team is they upgraded attack with 2 new kids, got one of the best goalies in the 2023 class, and added another great middy. A strong team just got quite a bit stronger. That is what happened. And the coaching group is solid, motivated, and committed.[/quote]

They couldn't have upgraded their attack if the tiny lefty is still there. Outlaws goalie is far from the best and coaching is still the same, AJ. He's not very good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ENOUGH!!! It's like beating a dead horse. And no, I'm not an Express parent. Proof is in the pudding. Let's see what happens, and let the games begin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Express A team? They cut some awesome players that were devoted to the club for the past several years. If this is the case, should I pull my son from the team knowing they're going to kick him off at some point? I'd rather have security of knowing where my money is going and where my son is playing.

What happened to the Express A team is they upgraded attack with 2 new kids, got one of the best goalies in the 2023 class, and added another great middy. A strong team just got quite a bit stronger. That is what happened. And the coaching group is solid, motivated, and committed.

Yes upgraded - with reclassified 2022 kids are
that are now going to a private school. Anything to get an edge on the competition.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to the Express A team is they upgraded attack with 2 new kids, got one of the best goalies in the 2023 class, and added another great middy. A strong team just got quite a bit stronger. That is what happened. And the coaching group is solid, motivated, and committed.

that are now going to a private school. Anything to get an edge on the competition.

Who cares? Isn't there a express thread that this crap can be argued about.

Anyone else doing a fall or winter leagues. Only harding has one, but to many bad experience from them in there tournaments to try a whole league of theres. They only care about the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reclassified a 6th grader?? Ohhh boy, Channy has found an all time low.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhh boy, Who cares?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wall ball much better. pitch backs take speed off the ball coming back. You want your son to learn how to catch hard and impferct passes. brick wall is perfect

thanks for the input

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhh boy, Who cares?

Channy took him yeah, but what about the parents?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you have a cage too. Then the pitch back is great for passing and catching on the run then straight to shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhh boy, Who cares?

Channy took him yeah, but what about the parents?

Reclassify starts to matter less and less as the kids get older. Even now, kids that are being reclassify are generally short kids that can't beat kids their own age or kids whose skill just didn't progress like dad thought they would. These are your former top team kids that started early and just didn't pan out. Just like all of the other former badgers and bandits that are playing for other teams now because they ended up riding the bench. It doesn't mean they're better, it just means the parents are getting desperate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's starting to have practices already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All top programs are practicing once a week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's starting to have practices already?

Three weeks into practice already . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams practice in the fall? I thought lacrosse was a spring sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most travel teams definitely have fall practices, maybe some tourneys; optional winter workouts for some teams/mandatory for others; spring/summer practices w/ late spring/summer tourneys. PAL is the only "spring only" lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most travel teams definitely have fall practices, maybe some tourneys; optional winter workouts for some teams/mandatory for others; spring/summer practices w/ late spring/summer tourneys. PAL is the only "spring only" lax.

I heard the Outlaws are practicing 2 days per week, and they are still looking for players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard HB, Igloo and Banditos are practicing 5 days a week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were talking about PARCTICE!!!!?PRACTICE!!!!Not a game...PRACTICE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can believe the Bandits practicing 2x per week, but definitely not Igloo because they would have to increase their cost to $4,000 per year. HB is only going 1x.

I guess the Outlaws are trying to gain face for having 50% of their team quit on the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people have to prop their (son's) team up by putting another team down?

Yes, Outlaws are practicing 2x per week. Before anyone accuses them of thinking they are better or worse the practicality is it is virtually a new team with a new coach and there are couple of fall tournaments a few weeks away.

Half the team may have left this past year but, as I understand, that was principally because the previous coach was not readily available. The new coach comes with a fresh attitude and intends to be with the boys (assuming they want to remain together) for the long run. By having two practices a week he is demonstrating his commitment to the team.

The team is looking for a few players but the intent is not to pick up just any player. If there is a chance, however remote, a solid player hasn't found a team there is opportunity.

Good luck to everyone in the fall tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can believe the Bandits practicing 2x per week, but definitely not Igloo because they would have to increase their cost to $4,000 per year. HB is only going 1x.

I guess the Outlaws are trying to gain face for having 50% of their team quit on the coach.

Igloo, Bandits, Warrior, s2S and HB only practice 1x a week. More than that in the fall is overkill considering those kids all play multiple sports in the fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is practicing 5x a week because the gnome is unemployed and has no other life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Outlaws are practicing 2x per week. Before anyone accuses them of thinking they are better or worse the practicality is it is virtually a new team with a new coach and there are couple of fall tournaments a few weeks away.

Half the team may have left this past year but, as I understand, that was principally because the previous coach was not readily available. The new coach comes with a fresh attitude and intends to be with the boys (assuming they want to remain together) for the long run. By having two practices a week he is demonstrating his commitment to the team.

The team is looking for a few players but the intent is not to pick up just any player. If there is a chance, however remote, a solid player hasn't found a team there is opportunity.

Do you know if they are looking for attack men ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo, Bandits, Warrior, s2S and HB only practice 1x a week. More than that in the fall is overkill considering those kids all play multiple sports in the fall.

It's not overkill if the kids and coach are getting to know each other and are learning to play as a team considering half the team is new. I give the coach credit for putting forth so much effort and interest in these boys to form a competitive team. It's a win win situation. I wish them luck this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was on the team last season and we left because of the current coach. The current coach is the same coach as last season. It's the same old spin... blaming someone else. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fall tourneys are silly. They only serve to get the boys playing with the new teammates and are not a reflection of the summer team. That's why 2x a week is overkill. No reason to go full force to win in the fall. Let the kids enjoy football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will not matter how many times they practice in the fall. They will never be able to compete with the top teams. Hopefully, the stick to "b" tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will not matter how many times they practice in the fall. They will never be able to compete with the top teams. Hopefully, the stick to "b" tournaments.

Some a****** always has to throw negative and nasty comments out there. Be careful what you wish for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was clearly not written by someone who left or from someone who decided to stay again this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will matter to them. The kids will get better. But, burnout is a very real thing. I'm sure that many of these kids don't want to go to practice twice a week if they're playing other sports, especially football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all missing the point...

1) Yes, I am a new parent to the Outlaws team (formally with Express HB - so some of you will be able to guess who I am. Not that I am hiding).
2) We are not practicing to win / lose fall tournaments. Just practicing to get better.
3) The current coach took over very late last year and, by then, the parents were appropriately disgruntled so unlikely to change a formed opinion of the program.
4) 2x per week for a few weeks so the kids can become familiar with one another will not burn them out.

Whether we play in A or B brackets is the coaches decision. You providing your invaluable insight won't sway the discussion. Honestly, it makes you sound petty. I am sure that wasn't your intention but it is the impression everyone will have. Lucky you are able to post under "anonymous" so your identity is safe.

I have tried to stay positive but maybe there should be a new rule to the forum. If you post something negative, you must include your name. I guarantee there would be a significant improvement in the dialogue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel lax is a year round deal now. If it is not the primary sport then what are you paying for ? PAL Football ???? 180$ or $2500?
Lost on why so many kids sign up for travel lax just to "keep up with the jones's".

prioritize every other sport then wonder why little Johnny's team can't win a game ? Or why Johnny can't crack an "A" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Yes, I am a new parent to the Outlaws team (formally with Express HB - so some of you will be able to guess who I am. Not that I am hiding).
2) We are not practicing to win / lose fall tournaments. Just practicing to get better.
3) The current coach took over very late last year and, by then, the parents were appropriately disgruntled so unlikely to change a formed opinion of the program.
4) 2x per week for a few weeks so the kids can become familiar with one another will not burn them out.

Whether we play in A or B brackets is the coaches decision. You providing your invaluable insight won't sway the discussion. Honestly, it makes you sound petty. I am sure that wasn't your intention but it is the impression everyone will have. Lucky you are able to post under "anonymous" so your identity is safe.

I have tried to stay positive but maybe there should be a new rule to the forum. If you post something negative, you must include your name. I guarantee there would be a significant improvement in the dialogue.

You sound like the new Mayor of the Outlaws. Did your son get cut?? We won't miss you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see you posting under your name, your under anonymous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Blatant Fall Jam tournament, do many top teams play in it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel lax is a year round deal now. If it is not the primary sport then what are you paying for ? PAL Football ???? 180$ or $2500?
Lost on why so many kids sign up for travel lax just to "keep up with the jones's".

prioritize every other sport then wonder why little Johnny's team can't win a game ? Or why Johnny can't crack an "A" team.

Just wow!

To what end should the boys be focusing on only one sport?
Even if your goal is college lax, then know that those coaches prefer multi-sport athletes.
Try letting the boys experience their childhood, including interacting with other boys outside of lacrosse, and being exposed to other sports, which bring to the table other physical and emotional elements.
Lacrosse can be a boy's "favorite sport" - that does not equal "only sport".
Throwing in a practice 1x per week for the fall in addition to their true fall sports committments is fine, and exactly what both my sons do and what I pay for, but if there is a conflict, the fall sport wins out.
Considering the numbers on LI that play travel lax, and the varying ability levels of those involved, not sure why you think it is some homogeneous thing - what exactly do you mean by keep up with the Jones??!
Lax only, all year round is not the recipe for most - it is likely to burn out most kids on the sport. Stop acting like that is or should be the norm, and stop depriving the joy of being a kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, I think you have missed the point... I have not said anything disparaging so why does it matter. Besides the fact that I have identified myself as a parent with a child that used to be on Express and is now on Outlaws (not to mention my older son still plays for Express). The former comment would dwindle the number of people to 3 and the latter comment means there is only one person. Those who actually know people on both teams and are not just posting for the sake of getting a thrill will know who I am.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, I think you have missed the point... I have not said anything disparaging so why does it matter. Besides the fact that I have identified myself as a parent with a child that used to be on Express and is now on Outlaws (not to mention my older son still plays for Express). The former comment would dwindle the number of people to 3 and the latter comment means there is only one person. Those who actually know people on both teams and are not just posting for the sake of getting a thrill will know who I am.

Are you the new team parent brown noser?

Page 21 of 102 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard