BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax 2020 lost a bunch of kids to BW. Could be a rough year.

How many left? 3 left last year....are there more?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you who continuously complain about holdbacks in lacrosse, your kids will likely never be as successful as they'd like to be. And that's not because some other kid is 3 days, 3 weeks, or 3 months older than him. It's because he, like you, blames external factors for his own shortcomings. The right combination of confidence and humility is needed to achieve greatness and success in any endeavor in life….humility being one of the biggest keys. The kids who succeed are the ones who believe that they can be better tomorrow than they were today and they don't believe that anyones else owes them anything.

You, sir, should run for President.
Here we go again ...

You know the kid that is going to be successful? The one that challenges themselves. The ones with character. Integrity. Grit.

So in one corner you've got a holdback kid who plays down to dominate.

In the other corner you've got an on age kid who plays up or holds his own with his peers.

Tell me wise one, which kid embodies all the values you espouse? Which kid would you rather be in the trenches with? Work with? Which kid do you think is working harder and being challenged more? Which one builds more confidence?

You know the answer. You just don't want to admit it.

TALENT PLAYS UP. PERIOD.

3 days or 3 weeks do not make a difference in a kid's ability to "dominate".
Just stop whining!

No it doesn't but there is a commonly accepted date - 9/1 in MD - and they are on the wrong side of it. They should have started school on schedule and worked harder...like you keep telling everyone else to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you who continuously complain about holdbacks in lacrosse, your kids will likely never be as successful as they'd like to be. And that's not because some other kid is 3 days, 3 weeks, or 3 months older than him. It's because he, like you, blames external factors for his own shortcomings. The right combination of confidence and humility is needed to achieve greatness and success in any endeavor in life….humility being one of the biggest keys. The kids who succeed are the ones who believe that they can be better tomorrow than they were today and they don't believe that anyones else owes them anything.

Here we go again ...

You know the kid that is going to be successful? The one that challenges themselves. The ones with character. Integrity. Grit.

In the other corner you've got an on age kid who plays up or holds his own with his peers.

Tell me wise one, which kid embodies all the values you espouse? Which kid would you rather be in the trenches with? Work with? Which kid do you think is working harder and being challenged more? Which one builds more confidence?

TALENT PLAYS UP. PERIOD.

Just stop whining!

No it doesn't but there is a commonly accepted date - 9/1 in MD - and they are on the wrong side of it. They should have started school on schedule and worked harder...like you keep telling everyone else to do.

aren't these kids in high school now? and will be playing against kids 3 and 4 years older. lets see how it all shakes out. we will see how these early commits do. my guess is that they will be just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again ...

TALENT PLAYS UP. PERIOD.

Just stop whining!

aren't these kids in high school now? and will be playing against kids 3 and 4 years older. lets see how it all shakes out. we will see how these early commits do. my guess is that they will be just fine.

That is another common holdback counterargument. In reality *most* freshmen will be playing jv, limiting the age gap to 1-2 years. Gap gets a little bigger once they are sophomores if they go varsity but at that point they are mostly all through puberty and the physical difference are much smaller.

What else do you have?

#keeptrying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it doesn't but there is a commonly accepted date - 9/1 in MD - and they are on the wrong side of it. They should have started school on schedule and worked harder...like you keep telling everyone else to do.[/quote]

aren't these kids in high school now? and will be playing against kids 3 and 4 years older. lets see how it all shakes out. we will see how these early commits do. my guess is that they will be just fine. [/quote]

That is another common holdback counterargument. In reality *most* freshmen will be playing jv, limiting the age gap to 1-2 years. Gap gets a little bigger once they are sophomores if they go varsity but at that point they are mostly all through puberty and the physical difference are much smaller.

What else do you have?

#keeptrying[/quote]

lets see this spring, but i would think that some of these early commits will likely make their HS varsity team. if this happens, it will be interesting to see how they do against varsity competition.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

aren't these kids in high school now? and will be playing against kids 3 and 4 years older. lets see how it all shakes out. we will see how these early commits do. my guess is that they will be just fine. [/quote]

What else do you have?

#keeptrying[/quote]

lets see this spring, but i would think that some of these early commits will likely make their HS varsity team. if this happens, it will be interesting to see how they do against varsity competition. [/quote]

They'll do better than average since they are holdbacks, which is what this thread was about. Nobody cares that they are early commits since technically...they aren't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was on another thread and I came up with this question. How do you all feel about the 2020 class as a whole for the DMV? I say compared to the DMV 2019 and 2018 classes it is far behind. I am really looking for a Dad with a 2018 and a 2020 sons. We all know we only watch our sons grad year so we are all locked into our grade not the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Far superior. Go away troll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was on another thread and I came up with this question. How do you all feel about the 2020 class as a whole for the DMV? I say compared to the DMV 2019 and 2018 classes it is far behind. I am really looking for a Dad with a 2018 and a 2020 sons. We all know we only watch our sons grad year so we are all locked into our grade not the others.

2018 is a freakishly talented year. I don't see any years that follow to be able to even come close. I also agree that 2020 seems much less developed than the 2018s when the 2018s were in 10th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 is much better and deeper in talent than at least the two previous graduation years!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 is a freakishly talented year. I don't see any years that follow to be able to even come close. I also agree that 2020 seems much less developed than the 2018s when the 2018s were in 10th grade.

Maybe because the 2020s are only in 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because the 2020s are only in 9th grade.

So perfect - this is the best post I've seen in weeks - LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

find a 2020 and ask them to tutor you on simple math.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're looking to grade the talent level of the DMV for 2020's it looks weak compared to the 2019/2018 classes because none of the best 2020 players from Maryland want to play for a DMV team such as Madlax. The big reason that the 2018/2019 teams look strong is because for those years players from Maryland were/are willing to play for team's like Madlax. No more. All the better 2020 players from Maryland that are now at Landon/Gonzaga/Prep/St. Albans/SJC all play for teams other than Madlax. The 2020 class from Maryland is strong and they're getting lots of offers from D1 schools now, same as you're seeing with 2018/2019. I'd expect the same if not more commits from the 2020 class, just don't expect them all to play on a "DMV" team like Madlax. 2021 will also be a big miss for the DMV as DC Express 2021 will dominate (mostly Maryland players).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're looking to grade the talent level of the DMV for 2020's it looks weak compared to the 2019/2018 classes because none of the best 2020 players from Maryland want to play for a DMV team such as Madlax. The big reason that the 2018/2019 teams look strong is because for those years players from Maryland were/are willing to play for team's like Madlax. No more. All the better 2020 players from Maryland that are now at Landon/Gonzaga/Prep/St. Albans/SJC all play for teams other than Madlax. The 2020 class from Maryland is strong and they're getting lots of offers from D1 schools now, same as you're seeing with 2018/2019. I'd expect the same if not more commits from the 2020 class, just don't expect them all to play on a "DMV" team like Madlax. 2021 will also be a big miss for the DMV as DC Express 2021 will dominate (mostly Maryland players).

The opinion of most D1 coaches is that the talent is extremely deep in the 2020 class. That's part of the reason that we are seeing several 2020 commits before a typical number of 2019 commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The opinion of most D1 coaches is that the talent is extremely deep in the 2020 class. That's part of the reason that we are seeing several 2020 commits before a typical number of 2019 commits.

No, dad. You are not plugged in, let alone knowledgeable to say "the opinion of most d1 coaches is ..."

There were just as many 2019 kids committed at this time as there are in the 2020 class. You have no idea what you're talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, dad. You are not plugged in, let alone knowledgeable to say "the opinion of most d1 coaches is ..."

There were just as many 2019 kids committed at this time as there are in the 2020 class. You have no idea what you're talking about.

And there will be even more 2021s next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you are? Clearly you are not "plugged in" either, or knowledgeable. Talk to me when you accept your position as a D1 coach...LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were 10 2019's that committed last summer. 36 2020s committed this summer. That may be indicative of coaches thinking more highly of 2020s. Or they just continue to get more cra cra every year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were 10 2019's that committed last summer. 36 2020s committed this summer. That may be indicative of coaches thinking more highly of 2020s. Or they just continue to get more cra cra every year

Bang bang - sounds like someone knows what they are talking about, and it ain't the "No, dad." guy...hahahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on the talent, or lack of, in some of the 2020 summer commits, my vote would be cra cra

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd the cra cra vote!

The timing of commits is a very poor measuring stick. Just 4 years ago, "first" was during the freshman year and "early" was before junior year. It doesn't mean that overall talent level of those classes was worse, just that certain coaches (at JHU, UNC and UVA) have since completely lost their minds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because the 2020 commits are really supposed to be 2019?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slow your roll Troll. Put a 2020 DMV all star team up against a 2019 all star team and watch what happens. [lacrosse], put a 2020 DMV all star team up against Madlax 2019 and see what happens. This argument is made every year and never holds water.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son visited four D1 college campuses this summer and it was the opinion of every coach we met that the 2020 class is deeper in talent. But you know and all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son visited four D1 college campuses this summer and it was the opinion of every coach we met that the 2020 class is deeper in talent. But you know and all.
Same, visited 2 top 20 schools and committed to one and both staffs said the same thing. I can tell you as a non maryland person, the 2020 class in Maryland is the strongest in the country. Its loaded with talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same, visited 2 top 20 schools and committed to one and both staffs said the same thing. I can tell you as a non maryland person, the 2020 class in Maryland is the strongest in the country. Its loaded with talent.

BAM! But you know and all.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be on the lookout for Brentwood kid on 91 this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street he is attending sa private school in Hungtington. Lookout for him too. Next upcoming player, very quick and team player. Name will be heard around soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes we know, kid going to SA. Very good, saw him at lax camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street he is attending sa private school in Hungtington. Lookout for him too. Next upcoming player, very quick and team player. Name will be heard around soon.

So there are two Brentwood stars now? One girl and Boy. Both attending the same school? Are they related? Is the girl coach also coaching 91 "star"? Anyone beg to differ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a coincidence... Apparently there are 2 stars in Brentwood. I guess you can say this sport is growing... Wish the best of luck for both the boy and girl as they will more than likely play lacrosse at the same school and they live in the same town. I love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What position does he play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attack. He joined 91 this year apparently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume the two practice together since they live close. It would be oddly strange if they didn't practice together and they're both great players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the girl the one from Leg?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume the two practice together since they live close. It would be oddly strange if they didn't practice together and they're both great players.

Brentwood md ? Or New [lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright alright back to the original MD topic. Why is Maryland leading by so much as opposed to Long Island 2020 commits? Are there still spots available or is almost all the recruiting for this age group soon to be completed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the crazy Long Island stalkers are back on a different thread trying to stir up ruckus.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Listen up..

I will not have some loser idiot (adult?) calling out kids on BOTC..

I am getting really upset with it.. Knock it off and grow the f$@k up!!!!

Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard