BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 6 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winkoff is a vindictive piece of garbage. Have heard too many stories about this guy and how he treats people. I'm glad his 2019 team fell apart. Karma is a [lacrosse]!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Winkoff is a crook just like the others. He'll take your tryout money but make a deal with certain towns and cut kids who have been on the team.

Sour grapes. First class organization.

First class organization? They don't even have the decency to call repeat players that didn't make the team again and tell them they didn't make it Bs first class organization- more like disgusting moneymaker

why are you surprised ? ALL the club teams are the same no one calls repeat players that don't make a team... it is a business and they don't owe any players anything...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Winkoff is a crook just like the others. He'll take your tryout money but make a deal with certain towns and cut kids who have been on the team.

First class organization? They don't even have the decency to call repeat players that didn't make the team again and tell them they didn't make it Bs first class organization- more like disgusting moneymaker

why are you surprised ? ALL the club teams are the same no one calls repeat players that don't make a team... it is a business and they don't owe any players anything..

Every single club does they same way. No surprises.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are over. Who would you pick? United with Coach Campbell (RC) or Exp A Channy?

Exp A and its not even that close. You shouldn't waste time thinking about it. United is not the same team, they are just keeping the name and that's about it. United will not compete with any of the top clubs as they have done in the past. They are a true B team now.

Express A. 91 trying too hard to create that top team. United was all the hype last year. The team fell apart. Both 91 coaches screaming and basically losing it last year during tournaments. They are holding on too tight.

How did United fall apart? No they didn't win every game but won a bunch of tournaments including Pro Player, Beach Lax, LI Laxfest and NXT. If you call that falling apart what is your definition of keeping it together?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong I know for a fact that Outlaws do that because my son received a call last season. You guys are very quick to attack the Outlaws but are a first rate organization. Think the real problem is Mommy and Daddy have an unreal expectation of where Little Johnny fits in

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws are a legit B team, A- maybe. Decent coaching, they pull some good kids from around where they are based. They never compete with the better teams. Here is the issue, and it's not a knock on the outlaws lax program, the parents are so douchey that when they get one big win a year the parents start acting stupid like the team is an A team. It's the most insecure parent organization there is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws are a legit B team, A- maybe. Decent coaching, they pull some good kids from around where they are based. They never compete with the better teams. Here is the issue, and it's not a knock on the outlaws lax program, the parents are so douchey that when they get one big win a year the parents start acting stupid like the team is an A team. It's the most insecure parent organization there is.

This is most accurate statement ever on BOTC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hogwash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a fine season w fl$ a few years ago. Respected their philosophy for the younger guys (skills vs winning). Practices / communications weren't great, Lost all respect for Mike W when our son decided to move on. He was nasty and condescending. It validated our son's decision for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see. My bet is outlaws wind up in the top 3 on LI this year. Right with 90+1 and express. Igloo right there too. Legacy got better also. Everyone quick to jump on outlaws. Look at what this age group has done the last 2 years. 1 win? What about playing express tough 5-6 times. Smash 2 goal game that outlaws outplayed them. Igloo a 2 goal game. Give credit where credit is due. They are a good team that can compete and will compete with anyone. They have added a few big pieces too.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a fine season w fl$ a few years ago. Respected their philosophy for the younger guys (skills vs winning). Practices / communications weren't great, Lost all respect for Mike W when our son decided to move on. He was nasty and condescending. It validated our son's decision for us.

That's a common theme when dealing with Mike. The rest of the management of that organization is much better, but Mike ruins it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED either

Now did you really have to do that??? Freaking loser that you are!!!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a common theme when dealing with Mike. The rest of the management of that organization is much better, but Mike ruins it.

My son has got a great deal better playing under Mike's system. Mike is a stand up guy and man of his word. Probably the most organized program on LI. Very active program, year round. They play everybody, not just the chosen 10 or 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are over. Who would you pick? United with Coach Campbell (RC) or Exp A Channy?

Exp A and its not even that close. You shouldn't waste time thinking about it. United is not the same team, they are just keeping the name and that's about it. United will not compete with any of the top clubs as they have done in the past. They are a true B team now.

Express A. 91 trying too hard to create that top team. United was all the hype last year. The team fell apart. Both 91 coaches screaming and basically losing it last year during tournaments. They are holding on too tight.

How did United fall apart? No they didn't win every game but won a bunch of tournaments including Pro Player, Beach Lax, LI Laxfest and NXT. If you call that falling apart what is your definition of keeping it together?

The team dismantled. Is that clear enough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see. My bet is outlaws wind up in the top 3 on LI this year. Right with 90+1 and express. Igloo right there too. Legacy got better also. Everyone quick to jump on outlaws. Look at what this age group has done the last 2 years. 1 win? What about playing express tough 5-6 times. Smash 2 goal game that outlaws outplayed them. Igloo a 2 goal game. Give credit where credit is due. They are a good team that can compete and will compete with anyone. They have added a few big pieces too.

Just be ready for the coaches to start losing their mind when the team starts losing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We love you too !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi mike ! Great to see you on BOTC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I admire the optimism but outlaws are not in the same conversation as express , 91 or Igloo. At least not yet. Good luck though. Parity is good for everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching tryouts the last two days I hope that Iglo is willing to make some changes to both the A bad B team to be more competitive . You need to be able to score against the better teams so please put kids out their on the fields that can do so. . Here is hoping they do so because both teams could be pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way. Igloo is locked in to keeping the same core kids on A that truly belong on B or on different club. That will never change. That was shown last year when they added a B team but didn't move the appropriate players down to B. It's unfortunate bc that is what's keeping them from being the top team at this grade level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way. Igloo is locked in to keeping the same core kids on A that truly belong on B or on different club. That will never change. That was shown last year when they added a B team but didn't move the appropriate players down to B. It's unfortunate bc that is what's keeping them from being the top team at this grade level.

and some of the A players have been offered the select team and or express. interesting to see what happens

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Winkoff is a crook just like the others. He'll take your tryout money but make a deal with certain towns and cut kids who have been on the team.

why are you surprised ? ALL the club teams are the same no one calls repeat players that don't make a team... it is a business and they don't owe any players anything..

For love of whatever is a very biased club towards kids from GC, Set and CSH. My son was cut a couple of years ago in favor of a GC kid at his position. 8 months later they were begging me to have my son come back and "tryout". I said he's not trying out, but you can offer me free tuition and a spot if you want. Oh, we can't do that they said... Long and the short, my son goes on and commits to a top 25 D1 program. Not sure where his replacement is in the process. Things happen for the best!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before I make a deposit, can I get opinions on Hitmen, True Blue and Recon? Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Igloo A's were at Express tryout so your statement sounds false to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon and Nelson would be my choice
True Blue coaches are not all in
Hitmen move kids down to round out teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before I make a deposit, can I get opinions on Hitmen, True Blue and Recon? Thank you

Recon I do not know anything about, Hitmen at this age have a very good coach, they are a solid B team. My son played them once & we know some of the families, all seem to be happy. True Blue had 2 teams at this age last year. My son played their top team twice last year. Not very good. their second team had the Adelphi coach. but check to see if he is going to be at games and practices. During the spring Adelphi is always in the D11 Tournament and early summer he has to recruit. May not be around much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nelson doesn't coach 2022

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For love of whatever is a very biased club towards kids from GC, Set and CSH. My son was cut a couple of years ago in favor of a GC kid at his position. 8 months later they were begging me to have my son come back and "tryout". I said he's not trying out, but you can offer me free tuition and a spot if you want. Oh, we can't do that they said... Long and the short, my son goes on and commits to a top 25 D1 program. Not sure where his replacement is in the process. Things happen for the best!

So you tried to shake them down for free tuition?? And they said no??

Terrible. You showed them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Igloo A's were at Express tryout so your statement sounds false to me.

So you actually think you need to go to express tryouts to make the A team or be offered a spot ??!! That's great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I admire the optimism but outlaws are not in the same conversation as express , 91 or Igloo. At least not yet. Good luck though. Parity is good for everyone.

Same crap different year.. probably the same guy spewing this against the outlaws. He doesn't give up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
United was completely dismantled is correct. Only things staying the same are the name and some of the coaches. We know 2 kids who were offered spots on United and to be honest with you they would not make any of the other A teams on Long Island. The team lost a lot of top notch talent and will be lucky to be an A- team this season. Don't understand paying all that money to be on a 2nd team, but to each is own as they say. Good Luck and hope you get your moneys worth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you tried to shake them down for free tuition?? And they said no??

Terrible. You showed them!

I think I did! Went elsewhere and committed to a great school, with an awesome scholarship. My son wouldn't have gone back if they paid him go back. Shakedown? Not even close. Pay back for messing with a kids head, absolutely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No Igloo A's were at Express tryout so your statement sounds false to me.

Big vacation week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

Where would you put Express and Blue Fish in that order?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You couldn't make it anymore obvious you are part of Recon - I have 2 sons on the last team you mentioned. Both have played up but never down. I've been with them from the start about 5 years ago and between both my boys been to basically every tournament they've done and they've never once played out.

We did destroy your 5th grade team with out 6th grade team in a 5th/6th combined bracket. Your coach was upset but knows my son is actually a 5th grader playing on that team, yet he still liked to tell you differently.

Oh and that same 6th grade team beat your 7th grade...I try not to get into this stuff but it's pretty funny how wrong some people are....

My son is playing his age this year because 7th grade is stacked. Depending on how they gel - looking at a B++->A range.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did you get all this info from? Yes some kids were brought up to the elite team some kids from smash came "down" and weakest players were replaced. How does that translate to being a bad team? They should be able to compete in every game still. And as of right now the only coach is RC the assistant has not been chosen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody said United was a bad team. What was said is they will be nowhere near as strong as they were last year. Every position is not as strong as it was last season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Winkoff is a crook just like the others. He'll take your tryout money but make a deal with certain towns and cut kids who have been on the team.

Wouldn't have gone back if they paid ? That's exactly what you asked for. Lol. And we are supposed to believe you son got a "great scholarship" and you are here in the 2022 thread mouthing off about it?? Kids get cut from programs for two reasons.

1. Ability
2.parents

If any of your story is credible , I would say your problem was number 2 based on what I have read so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

Where would you put Express and Blue Fish in that order?

Blue fish 4. Express is in a different league

Page 4 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 6 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard