BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 44 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like a few girls did not come back to top guns that were on the black team.
It's going to give some of the purple kids an opportunity to move up but the team will not be as strong due to the fact the girls that left were very good.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many tg girls didnt show up for tryouts?

The same thing happened to 2020, top talent just walked away and team fell off competitively. The difference here is the 2021 never was competitive in the first place, so what difference does it make really?[/quote]

The 2020 team lost one kid last year. She is the top player on LI. Is the team as good without her? No. Did they play as a team and hav a great season? Yes. Be very careful of what you ask for by going over to YJ. Only the stud of the 2021 girls going over there will break the starters. The other kids will have their deal honored and they will displace 5-6 blue players the rest of the team will not welcome them with open arms. The grass isn't always greener.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, she must be some goalie if she thinks she can replace the goalie on Skak. That young lady can play and she's been with the team from the beginning (not that that will matter much), although she is a bit on the smaller side. Did she not even tryout for TG and is solely going YJ in October?

I would say between her and the top goalie on skak, they are probably among the top 5 in the country. Both are outstanding and now coaches can watch one team to recruit these two top girls. Unfortunate for TG as she was the main reaon they could compete with half way decent teams. Word is only getting out now as one of their other top players also left for YJ. The rest of the team will scrammble for the doors if they want to have any chance of being on a quality program. SS and BS should take a hard look at the way they run their program. Poor coaching, only 2.5 months of lax from them, where other programs give you so much more development.

Who cares about the goalies. Sorry.....totally over rated position especially in girls lax. Lets see......they don't face off, don't run around field, don't play offense, don't shoot or score goals don't play defense and are usually the worst athlete on the team and play half a game. Plenty of others out there to play the position. See Ya

What you just described is a goalie on a bad team. You have no clue what you are talking about as goalie is probably the most important position on the field. There's a reason that goalies are the first position to commit every year.

Seriously goalie dad.......womens goalies are totally over rated. Give me a good faceoff girl over a goalie any day. And commitments.....please. They are typically the slowest least fit girl on team and play half a game. Sorry...

As a lacrosse coach for over 20 years, I must say that your knowledge about lacrosse goaltending is completely lacking. Having a good goalie is a game changer. Good goalies do a lot more than save shots. They force shots wide due to their angle skills and athleticism. They act as a 5th defender by breaking up feeds and backing up her own defenders when in trouble. The good ones are commanders of the defense, reading plays and calling out cutters. Of course there are plenty that do not do all of that, but the one's that do are invaluable. That's why they are recruited quickly and are first on the list of most college coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 tg goalie and few others a no show today. There was a decent one that showed and looks promising.

7 girls did not come back to black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 girls aren't going back to tg 2021? Where would they go? Not all would make yjA

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 girls aren't going back to tg 2021? Where would they go? Not all would make yjA

no

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would seem they were promised something, to pull a no show yesterday. I hope they were certain it would work out for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the number of girls who weren't at tryouts yesterday. Doubt they all are going to YJ. Only three have spots on YJ a.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the number of girls who weren't at tryouts yesterday. Doubt they all are going to YJ. Only three have spots on YJ a.

If 7 girls walked away from the top team that's just crazy and doesn't send a good message about the club. Even worse if these seven were in the top 10. I guess the good news is 7 B team girls have a better shot at moving up. How many new girls were there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About 80

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not 3 going to jacket a ...and around 10 kids from te at tg tryouts including goalie ...everyone is trying to move up the food chain !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shame of it is essentially like the 2020 team any kid that can make YJ top team leaves and the kids that would be on 2-3 yj team stay and are not really competitive with the top clubs. Not sure how CR does it but somehow manages to keep the top kids in her club while attracting the best players from the other clubs.

We have the same issue here in MD. Although not as good or successful as YJ, Md United seems to be able to convince gullible parents that their kid would be better off at their program. Other clubs, with clearly better coaching, suffer because of the bill-of-goods that Bev Altig is able to sell. What I've learned to do over the many years I've been involved with lax is to look at where the clubs alumni go to school. With the obvious exceptions (Caroline Steele to UMd, Madison Carter to PSU) the schools that the alumni from Md United attend are exactly the same as any other club. Why the parents can't see that is beyond me. I've even seen situations where the parents will pull the kid from the programs she was happy at and move her to Md United, where (not shockingly) she would wind up going to the same school as she would've if she had just stayed where she was in the first place. Plus, I personally know several girls who played at Md United who said it was an absolute s#&t show and they hated it, but MOMMY and DADDY thought she was better off there. Absolutely, freakin' ridiculous. My guess is that YJ does the same thing...big promises to all (mostly donkey MOMMY and DADDY) but in reality only the top few get to go to somewhere they would've have if they stayed at their original team. Everybody else goes to the same kind of school no matter what club they play for. I hate gullible parents who can't see the bigger picture.

It seems the Florist is finally noticing that the Club is falling apart. This is the same bitterness the girls saw all year. About 14 of her 21's are now at three other clubs. I am sure they are not afraid of their new coaches!!! On top of the player who left mid season last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are over in Baltimore/Central MD and it looks like TLC and Skywalkers picked up several good players from C2, Diamonds and MD United. There should be three very good teams here going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shame of it is essentially like the 2020 team any kid that can make YJ top team leaves and the kids that would be on 2-3 yj team stay and are not really competitive with the top clubs. Not sure how CR does it but somehow manages to keep the top kids in her club while attracting the best players from the other clubs.

We have the same issue here in MD. Although not as good or successful as YJ, Md United seems to be able to convince gullible parents that their kid would be better off at their program. Other clubs, with clearly better coaching, suffer because of the bill-of-goods that Bev Altig is able to sell. What I've learned to do over the many years I've been involved with lax is to look at where the clubs alumni go to school. With the obvious exceptions (Caroline Steele to UMd, Madison Carter to PSU) the schools that the alumni from Md United attend are exactly the same as any other club. Why the parents can't see that is beyond me. I've even seen situations where the parents will pull the kid from the programs she was happy at and move her to Md United, where (not shockingly) she would wind up going to the same school as she would've if she had just stayed where she was in the first place. Plus, I personally know several girls who played at Md United who said it was an absolute s#&t show and they hated it, but MOMMY and DADDY thought she was better off there. Absolutely, freakin' ridiculous. My guess is that YJ does the same thing...big promises to all (mostly donkey MOMMY and DADDY) but in reality only the top few get to go to somewhere they would've have if they stayed at their original team. Everybody else goes to the same kind of school no matter what club they play for. I hate gullible parents who can't see the bigger picture.

It seems the Florist is finally noticing that the Club is falling apart. This is the same bitterness the girls saw all year. About 14 of her 21's are now at three other clubs. I am sure they are not afraid of their new coaches!!! On top of the player who left mid season last year.

First of all, no club is falling apart, gullible Md United parent. You poisoned the sidelines with negative talk all season long because you think your daughter is going to get a full-ride scholarship to the University of Maryland because she moved to Md United. Ain't gonna happen. So, when you find out that it's not going to happen at Md United, you'll poison their sidelines (even more than it is already), destroy the team and move your daughter to another club. Your methods are nothing new to experienced lax people. We've all seen it a hundred times. You turned your kid into a basket case, putting undue pressure on her to be like some relative of hers that played at U Md. I feel sorry for your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Afraid of their coaches? Which ones? I'm curious. Your accusations are insane.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not 3 going to jacket a ...and around 10 kids from te at tg tryouts including goalie ...everyone is trying to move up the food chain !!

Sounds like YJ A might be in for a pretty big roster change?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of interesting moves at 2021 in Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to ask...Which coaches was your daughter afraid of? The two coaches they had could not have been nicer. The team went about 15-5 this summer, mix of A and B brackets. Overall a pretty good summer for 8th GRADERS! It's parents like you Ms Poison, that ruin the game for nice parents and players. As was said earlier, take your poison to Md United. It's exactly where you belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are over in Baltimore/Central MD and it looks like TLC and Skywalkers picked up several good players from C2, Diamonds and MD United. There should be three very good teams here going forward.

Wait! Girls left Md United? Oh my God! Don't tell that to the mom who is on here taking her poison from Integrity to Md United. She thinks her 8th grade daughter is now assured of a full-ride scholarship to the University of Maryland because she moved. She's naive and doesn't believe that Md United has more than its share of problems (as most clubs do). She's delusional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait! Girls left Md United? Oh my God! Don't tell that to the mom who is on here taking her poison from Integrity to Md United. She thinks her 8th grade daughter is now assured of a full-ride scholarship to the University of Maryland because she moved. She's naive and doesn't believe that Md United has more than its share of problems (as most clubs do). She's delusional.

You have 15 players who left; I would be careful pining it on 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm confused. Have played Integrity many times and certainly no girls there that should be planning on playing at MD. Why all this chatter between average to below average teams like MD United and Integrity. AA country drama I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm confused. Have played Integrity many times and certainly no girls there that should be planning on playing at MD. Why all this chatter between average to below average teams like MD United and Integrity. AA country drama I guess.

First of all, I would not classify either team as "below average", and this is not necessarily just an AA County thing. They are definitely not M&D, but neither is Heros or YJ. And, let's be honest, there are not many girls on any team outside of M&D that can claim they have potential UMd players. Integrity, and Md United, puts out quality players that go to Navy, Hofstra, Loyola, Richmond, Penn State, Denver, Lehigh, etc. That's what I would call a very well-rounded and respectable list of colleges. This conversation is not about the talent level of the players, it's about the poisonous parent that is what I classify as a "Star Chaser" or club jumper. She thinks that by being a cancer on the sidelines of a respected club she can tear them down while moving her daughter to another club where the director has probably promised her she can get her a 100% scholly to the U of Md. The mom has turned her daughter into a basket-case by putting extra pressure on her to perform up to some standard that the kid isn't ready for, yet. Maybe one day, but not in 8th GRADE. This lady is one of those parents that thinks her kid is head and shoulders above everyone else, and I have to honest...she is not. At least not yet. Maybe one day, but not yet. I wish the kid well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same thing happened to 2020, top talent just walked away and team fell off competitively. The difference here is the 2021 never was competitive in the first place, so what difference does it make really?

The 2020 team lost one kid last year. She is the top player on LI. Is the team as good without her? No. Did they play as a team and hav a great season? Yes. Be very careful of what you ask for by going over to YJ. Only the stud of the 2021 girls going over there will break the starters. The other kids will have their deal honored and they will displace 5-6 blue players the rest of the team will not welcome them with open arms. The grass isn't always greener.

The 2020 with all the players they lost are mediocre at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, I would not classify either team as "below average", and this is not necessarily just an AA County thing. They are definitely not M&D, but neither is Heros or YJ. And, let's be honest, there are not many girls on any team outside of M&D that can claim they have potential UMd players. Integrity, and Md United, puts out quality players that go to Navy, Hofstra, Loyola, Richmond, Penn State, Denver, Lehigh, etc. That's what I would call a very well-rounded and respectable list of colleges. This conversation is not about the talent level of the players, it's about the poisonous parent that is what I classify as a "Star Chaser" or club jumper. She thinks that by being a cancer on the sidelines of a respected club she can tear them down while moving her daughter to another club where the director has probably promised her she can get her a 100% scholly to the U of Md. The mom has turned her daughter into a basket-case by putting extra pressure on her to perform up to some standard that the kid isn't ready for, yet. Maybe one day, but not in 8th GRADE. This lady is one of those parents that thinks her kid is head and shoulders above everyone else, and I have to honest...she is not. At least not yet. Maybe one day, but not yet. I wish the kid well.

MD United was 4-3-1 in spring league and Integrity was 2-4-2. As I said, average to below average. Both teams play in B brackets or B tournaments all summer so going 15-5 against a bunch of bad teams doesn't tell you as much as the spring records against mostly decent teams in the 2021 A division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same thing happened to 2020, top talent just walked away and team fell off competitively. The difference here is the 2021 never was competitive in the first place, so what difference does it make really?

The 2020 team lost one kid last year. She is the top player on LI. Is the team as good without her? No. Did they play as a team and hav a great season? Yes. Be very careful of what you ask for by going over to YJ. Only the stud of the 2021 girls going over there will break the starters. The other kids will have their deal honored and they will displace 5-6 blue players the rest of the team will not welcome them with open arms. The grass isn't always greener. [/quote]

Yes but many more left the year before that .Great season is laughable in terms of being competitive. Exactly what team did they beat, essentially they are a B level team as the kids that have left over the past 2 seasons were essentially their best players. The deal thing is gross on the YJ part in my opinion but stop with the played as a team and great summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean not 3 going? And which te team a b or c? Which goalie a or b?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like YJ A might be in for a pretty big roster change?

I wouldn't bet on it. The TG black team was not very good at all. Yes 2 maybe three will make their way over, the rest would be a serious down grade. But they still may be in a better position playing YJ B than the team they were on, certainly tie for the upcoming year. I think you will see the other also pop up at leggy Sea, TE, Igloo, Liberty etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean not 3 going? And which te team a b or c? Which goalie a or b?

2 (maybe 3, but she will have to have a solid tryout because she isn't guarenteed as the other 2 are) TG girls have spots on A. The rest will try but probably end up on B. The goalie is the talented Black team goalie, and the other girl is a talented field player who can play all positions (mainly midfield). The rest of the team is leaving because they know the team will be a debacle. They are in a goaltender crisis as their best bet is a 2nd string B team goalie from YJ. Doesn't bode well for them. They hardly beat their own B team and won that by one goal and the difference was their goalie. The remaining team will be B-C level at best. Parents are sick of the non-commitment from the girls who on the team because they live in the right town, to the club administration/directors could care less how much the girls improve once the check clears, that much is obvious by their choice of coaches. College girls coaching is an antiquated model. Too many clubs provide a full lacrosse experience with adult coaches who have a plan for the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UMD cost an in state student around $7,000, stop playing club lax right now and you will have enough money to go to UMD!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 (maybe 3, but she will have to have a solid tryout because she isn't guarenteed as the other 2 are) TG girls have spots on A. The rest will try but probably end up on B. The goalie is the talented Black team goalie, and the other girl is a talented field player who can play all positions (mainly midfield). The rest of the team is leaving because they know the team will be a debacle. They are in a goaltender crisis as their best bet is a 2nd string B team goalie from YJ. Doesn't bode well for them. They hardly beat their own B team and won that by one goal and the difference was their goalie. The remaining team will be B-C level at best. Parents are sick of the non-commitment from the girls who on the team because they live in the right town, to the club administration/directors could care less how much the girls improve once the check clears, that much is obvious by their choice of coaches. College girls coaching is an antiquated model. Too many clubs provide a full lacrosse experience with adult coaches who have a plan for the team.

As long as the revenue stream remains steady none of this matters to the club directors at TG or anywhere else. If the only people allowed to make money at TG are named Smith it will be very difficult for them to expand the club and offer all the off season opportunities that the other clubs are making available to their customers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to go Stacey!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lavel of competition in the M&D/TLC/Skywalkers fames should be much improved. It will be an interesting Fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to go Stacey!

No one is pinning (not pining) ANYTHING on a player. The complaint is about a toxic sideline created by a disgruntled mom, who talks loud and fast, and gullible parents who listen to a loud, fast talker. And, if someone was of the coaches, boy do they have a HUGE dose of reality headed their way. Just wait until they get to high school or (possibly) college. If the coach yells at her daughter, the mom will take her daughter to another team, and another team, and another team, etc. Like was said earlier, the mom is delusional. Poor kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lavel of competition in the M&D/TLC/Skywalkers fames should be much improved. It will be an interesting Fall.

I hope you're right, but TLC had a LONG way to go to get to that level. Pulling girls from C2 and Diamonds isn't going to be enough to make up that difference. Happy that you are pleased with your new girls though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you're right, but TLC had a LONG way to go to get to that level. Pulling girls from C2 and Diamonds isn't going to be enough to make up that difference. Happy that you are pleased with your new girls though.

Why do you hope they are right? Does it actually matter if they can compete with M&D or not? This winning/losing stuff is all so fleeting. Keep your eye on the ball. Only Intense Lax Dad thinks winning (as compared to a making a winning effort) is truly important. Do not be that guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you hope they are right? Does it actually matter if they can compete with M&D or not? This winning/losing stuff is all so fleeting. Keep your eye on the ball. Only Intense Lax Dad thinks winning (as compared to a making a winning effort) is truly important. Do not be that guy.

Thanks Captain Fairplay. I hope they are right because it is not fun winning every game by 8-10 goals. The more quality competition that the girls play the better. They improve by playing with and against better players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Captain Fairplay. I hope they are right because it is not fun winning every game by 8-10 goals. The more quality competition that the girls play the better. They improve by playing with and against better players.

Note that Intense Lax Dad's goal is to mention his team's dominance. Even if it comes in the form of "Woe is me, we are so good that it is boring." He is a link in a very long chain of such guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Intense Lax Dad. Perfect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Their own greatness prevents improvement. These guys are very funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 with all the players they lost are mediocre at best.

No way 5-6 TG girls will make blue, 2-3 yes.

Page 7 of 44 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard