BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. If you want to spend an extra 30k a year to have your son repeat a grade or two to get a verbal commitment - Crabs, FCA and Looneys are definitely the way to go. Interesting that you associate a kid getting recruited because of the club he plays for as if these club owners have some secret that no other organizations have figured out. Oh wait - I know what it is - reclassify your kid so he can play against younger boys - that's the ticket.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs and FCA 2020 are trying to determine what dates their players will be in driving school or taking the SATs.

Or taking one of their many college visits...guess who is getting recruited, guess who is going to a top D1 school to play lacrosse? Not your son. Play for FCA or Crabs if you want to be recruited and play in college

Last time we checked, only the best kids (or the kids with connections to unc) were committed from those teams. Have to play to get committed - the bench is no place special. Crabs will be behind FCA and Looneys this year so the remaining crabs will be just like everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 2020 has only beaten the Hawks one time. I'm guessing they are 1-6 lifetime.

Whole different year. FCA is so loaded at every position they will be hard to beat. It will be difficult for crabs to beat FCA or Looneys - The kids FCA took from crabs caused crabs to have to take second tier kids from other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish I had a dollar for every time a Dad with a kid that sucks complained about reclassifying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Looneys lost, they had 3-4 players hurt. FOGO included.
The next week we WON an event without him..we also play many more events than most clubs.
I enjoy the hate for our club!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the most common response - "your kid must suck, play more wall ball, train harder"? My kid plays on an elite team and committed as a sophomore. Yes - I think reclassifying is BS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time I checked no "b" or "a" teams were invited to recruiting tourneys for 2020...Platinum was invited to The Inside Lacrosse recruiting tournament and MVP recruiting tourney. Funny I didn't see FCA White or Looneys Green at either. Oh right, they are "b" teams at best with a few "aa" players. Those "aa" players aren't "allowed" to move up because they aren't going to CH and Looney's Orange is only good when the flogo is in town. Check the score of Team 91 Force VS Looney's Orange when the flogo had the sniffles...quite the beat down.

Sorry your son was cut from 91...both teams KILLED Rock. Good luck and I hope your baby boy makes the fresh/soph team in high school with the ELITE Rock coach. One try out is all it takes to get on the ELITE Rock team. I hope the $2,700 club fees for ROCK Elite will be well worth it!

Finally, if any of you lax experts or former parents of 91 players that have been cut watched a scrimmage against the two teams, you'd know the teams were comparable--2 goal difference either way on any given day.

Looneys Green beat you 12-3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another loser trolling 2020 forum with a "committed sophomore". Or perhaps it would yet another dollar for your other kid who isn't cutting it..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question - are any of the MIAA kids that have committed NOT reclassified?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time I checked no "b" or "a" teams were invited to recruiting tourneys for 2020...Platinum was invited to The Inside Lacrosse recruiting tournament and MVP recruiting tourney. Funny I didn't see FCA White or Looneys Green at either. Oh right, they are "b" teams at best with a few "aa" players. Those "aa" players aren't "allowed" to move up because they aren't going to CH and Looney's Orange is only good when the flogo is in town. Check the score of Team 91 Force VS Looney's Orange when the flogo had the sniffles...quite the beat down.

Sorry your son was cut from 91...both teams KILLED Rock. Good luck and I hope your baby boy makes the fresh/soph team in high school with the ELITE Rock coach. One try out is all it takes to get on the ELITE Rock team. I hope the $2,700 club fees for ROCK Elite will be well worth it!

Finally, if any of you lax experts or former parents of 91 players that have been cut watched a scrimmage against the two teams, you'd know the teams were comparable--2 goal difference either way on any given day.

And you lost to HoCo Pink...but keep talking about how great you are. And while you are doing that, you may want to find a new home away from MM and BJ because they will just ruin your kid.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question - are any of the MIAA kids that have committed NOT reclassified?

Yes per UA rosters
Hawks MD to MD (Dob 11/14/01)
FCA G to MD (Dob 8/27/01)
FCA A to UNC (Dob 8/13/01)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish I had a dollar for every time a Dad with a kid that sucks complained about reclassifying.

I wish I had a dollar for every time a Dad with a kid that sucks at his own age group had to reclassify him to compete against kids younger than him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

two of those are holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish I had a dollar for every time a Dad with a kid that sucks at his own age group had to reclassify him to compete against kids younger than him.

We'll played sir!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

My 2019 son is 04/10/01
They might be in the correct range but they are all on the old side. This data goes back to the Hockey report from some years back about the rate of older kids being drafted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

here we go again. 3 days and 19 days. you are right, they gamed the system. being that much older really gave them a leg up. UNC and UMD are suckers for recruiting those kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for them. Imagine the anxiety of the parents who have double holdbacks and these on age kids get the nod before their 16 year old. Karma is a [lacrosse]...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you lost to HoCo Pink...but keep talking about how great you are. And while you are doing that, you may want to find a new home away from MM and BJ because they will just ruin your kid.

90-Uno parents should just move on. Based on the logic of the original poster and all thing being equal with Platinum and Force only being 2 goals difference, then FCA White, Looney Green and HOCO Pink could also beat 90-Uno Force! No wonder there was mass exodus to Rock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

Don't forget the FCA A to Michigan, he is also a holdback.

here we go again. 3 days and 19 days. you are right, they gamed the system. being that much older really gave them a leg up. UNC and UMD are suckers for recruiting those kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

Don't forget the FCA A to Michigan, he is also a holdback.

The question was asked and answered. No matter how you spin it they would be considered holdbacks - by their age they should be in the 2019 class. The non holdbacks will all get their time too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

3 days and 19 days ?? That would be to Sept 1? The very first day to be eligible in age based. So these players are always playing against kids younger than them by much more than 3 and 19 days. Taking advantage of the system to always being the oldest and always playing against younger kids in youth lacrosse sure doesnt seem in the spirit of all we are taught in youth sports..I assume these kids could not have had same results being the youngest on age players.

Why cant ALL August birthdays play down like these players??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

3 days and 19 days ?? That would be to Sept 1? The very first day to be eligible in age based. So these players are always playing against kids younger than them by much more than 3 and 19 days. Taking advantage of the system to always being the oldest and always playing against younger kids in youth lacrosse sure doesnt seem in the spirit of all we are taught in youth sports..I assume these kids could not have had same results being the youngest on age players.

Actually, the two players did play with 2019 until this past spring when the 2019s were in high school. So they were the longest in the age group and still committed to great schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

Actually, the two players did play with 2019 until this past spring when the 2019s were in high school. So they were the longest in the age group and still committed to great schools.

*youngest in the age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

And have you ever stopped to consider that these kids (even the one who "gamed" the system by 3 whole days) had to move up a year before their classmates did when they played rec travel lacrosse? Who can say for sure but maybe it's part of what made them better. Just sayin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

Playing a competitive sport is part of what prepares you for adulthood. You face challenging situations and get a ton of chances to figure out solutions before you have to do something similar on a larger scale in real life. Maybe your son will whine when he has to compete for business against someone who is older and more experienced than he is. When you welcome challenges, you welcome growth and success. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Serious question - are any of the MIAA kids that have committed NOT reclassified?

Yes per UA rosters

Actually, the two players did play with 2019 until this past spring when the 2019s were in high school. So they were the longest in the age group and still committed to great schools. [/quote

They moved to 2020 last fall. UNtil then they played where they belonged and miracously commit when they start playing with younger kids. Smh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes per UA rosters

And they stood out amongst the 2019 class, as well. They're just really good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they stood out amongst the 2019 class, as well. They're just really good players. [/quote]

Okay dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Serious question - are any of the MIAA kids that have committed NOT reclassified?
Yes per UA rosters

Playing a competitive sport is part of what prepares you for adulthood. You face challenging situations and get a ton of chances to figure out solutions before you have to do something similar on a larger scale in real life. Maybe your son will whine when he has to compete for business against someone who is older and more experienced than he is. When you welcome challenges, you welcome growth and success. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!

Then why do holdbacks always want an advantage very few others have and holdbacks get to play down against younger players??? Another do as I say not as I do holdback apologist.

Thought we were talking about YOUTH sports of children between 8-15 ?? Not the corporate business world?? Isnt there another site for holdbacks and business? LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The grade based system is a complete failure. Too many parents chasing early commitments and college scholarship and club owners feeding the frenzy have created an unsavory environment. Age based youth lacrosse until the 8th grade would be the best scenario to create a level playing field. Eventually US Lacrosse will get this done - it's the best for everyone over the long term.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The grade based system is a complete failure. Too many parents chasing early commitments and college scholarship and club owners feeding the frenzy have created an unsavory environment. Age based youth lacrosse until the 8th grade would be the best scenario to create a level playing field. Eventually US Lacrosse will get this done - it's the best for everyone over the long term.

Another idiot dad. News flash - youth lacrosse USED to be age based. It was changed to grade based like the girls side is to make it easier to compare kids within the same grade. Then some dads cried about it and now it may get switched back.

You'll learn that nobody cares who wins a youth tournament or game. The point is for these kids to compete against kids in their same grade. What's next - crying about playing against seniors when your son is a junior?

LOL. It's not that big of a deal, dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another idiot dad. News flash - youth lacrosse USED to be age based. It was changed to grade based like the girls side is to make it easier to compare kids within the same grade. Then some dads cried about it and now it may get switched back.

You'll learn that nobody cares who wins a youth tournament or game. The point is for these kids to compete against kids in their same grade. What's next - crying about playing against seniors when your son is a junior?

I so agree with this... People complained when things were U13, U11, and U9 because they were loosing tournaments to older kids... It will never be good enough for these entitled parents...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read much? Age based until high school. You are clearly benefitting for the grade based system in some way, shape or form. No one in their right mind could possibly think having 13 year olds on the field with double holdback 16 year olds is good for the kids or the game. Let me guess - holdback dad, club owner?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually the idiot is you. It wasnt switched to grade base to make it easier to compare. It all started with some Jerk in Howard County /HOCO making a grade base league instead of age like U9,10,11,12,etc a few years ago. All Howard County leagues in Howard County are age except Lacrosse.

Once that was available the Crabs and a couple others who had major influence in MIAA private schools took it and ran with it. Crabs, etc wanted the best teams and with MIAA holdbacks and the Crabs reputation for having good teams it worked. It also coordinated with the explosion of Club Lacrosse. Frankly many in Maryland were taken aback about Holdbacks. Most people outside the MIAA had NO IDEA that there were that many kids heldback.

Now you apologists want us to believe that you were only thinking of Little Holdback Johnny getting recruited or playing with his friends. Even worst is now the explosion of kids being held back in 8th grade now due to this holdback mentality. .

Yea no one cares according to you. Many care and find Lacrosse has become something less than desirable at the youth level. And it rests on the shoulders of all these clubs promoting holdbacks playing down instead of their age.

And once again you holdback apologists show the hypocrite in you. No one ever complained about HS players playing against older players. But you holdback apologists always want to be the oldest, dont you in youth Lacrosse?? Hypocrite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I so agree with this... People complained when things were U13, U11, and U9 because they were loosing tournaments to older kids... It will never be good enough for these entitled parents...

I guess you failed your critical thinking and vocabulary class. No one moaned except to say that the next year we will be the oldest and get our time. Get it..Every other year you get to be in the oldest age group. Pretty simple concept?

With the single year grade base..the only entitled parents are the ones that get an advantage that others do not get with their holdbacks. That is the meaning of entitled..believing oneself to be deserving of privileges or special treatment others dont get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is the entitled private school parents that have caused the problem. Grade based would have been fine if the private school ENTITLED families did not start holding their kids back for an athletic advantage over younger smaller kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read much? Age based until high school. You are clearly benefitting for the grade based system in some way, shape or form. No one in their right mind could possibly think having 13 year olds on the field with double holdback 16 year olds is good for the kids or the game. Let me guess - holdback dad, club owner?

Nope. My kid is playing in college now. It was age based throughout his youth years.

There were some years when he was on the younger side of U13 or U15 where he was playing against kids bigger/more mature. Wasn't a big deal. Just have fun and get better.

Some day you'll realize that youth lacrosse is just a few years and it's not a big deal if it's grade based or age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is the entitled private school parents that have caused the problem. Grade based would have been fine if the private school ENTITLED families did not start holding their kids back for an athletic advantage over younger smaller kids.
Kids are held back for different reasons.... Most are because they have late birthdays and can't keep up with academics of the older kids in class... Some more than 8months older...A clear advantage right? Yes there are some crazy parents out there that hold their kids back for sports reasons but those people are a minority... Don't judge every pre-first or grade repeating kid on you clear generalization...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually the idiot is you. It wasnt switched to grade base to make it easier to compare. It all started with some Jerk in Howard County /HOCO making a grade base league instead of age like U9,10,11,12,etc a few years ago. All Howard County leagues in Howard County are age except Lacrosse.

Once that was available the Crabs and a couple others who had major influence in MIAA private schools took it and ran with it. Crabs, etc wanted the best teams and with MIAA holdbacks and the Crabs reputation for having good teams it worked. It also coordinated with the explosion of Club Lacrosse. Frankly many in Maryland were taken aback about Holdbacks. Most people outside the MIAA had NO IDEA that there were that many kids heldback.

Now you apologists want us to believe that you were only thinking of Little Holdback Johnny getting recruited or playing with his friends. Even worst is now the explosion of kids being held back in 8th grade now due to this holdback mentality. .

Yea no one cares according to you. Many care and find Lacrosse has become something less than desirable at the youth level. And it rests on the shoulders of all these clubs promoting holdbacks playing down instead of their age.

And once again you holdback apologists show the hypocrite in you. No one ever complained about HS players playing against older players. But you holdback apologists always want to be the oldest, dont you in youth Lacrosse?? Hypocrite
Hey dummie.. There never was u9, u10, etc... for every age group. Only u9, u11, u13, and u15...Get you facts correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Serious question - are any of the MIAA kids that have committed NOT reclassified?
Yes per UA rosters

Then why do holdbacks always want an advantage very few others have and holdbacks get to play down against younger players??? Another do as I say not as I do holdback apologist.

Thought we were talking about YOUTH sports of children between 8-15 ?? Not the corporate business world?? Isnt there another site for holdbacks and business? LOL

3 days or 3 weeks don't make a difference.....if you really want to blame something, blame the education system in Baltimore. Two of the kids that have been mentioned attended school in accordance with decisions that were made extremely early in elementary school. Neither one of them has ever repeated a grade. And when given an opportunity to play up, they jump at the chance! And oh no! Sometimes it's with kids who are 2-3 years older than they are!
So get over it already and stop bashing.

Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard