BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most those kids will end up at different schools. Offers tend to fall apart over next 4 years. Why do you think there's always crazy list of decommits in every senior class. That usually means the kids offer was pulled and given to someone else.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most those kids will end up at different schools. Offers tend to fall apart over next 4 years. Why do you think there's always crazy list of decommits in every senior class. That usually means the kids offer was pulled and given to someone else.

Not sure who you've been listening to if you think there is a "crazy list of decommits" each year. There are a few each year and most of those have more to do with coaches coming and going.
What's up, Mr./Mrs. Gloom and Doom???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There haven't been many MIAA kids heading to UVA except ones affiliated with alum. There has been a Kelly at UNC for the last 100 years and I think there are enough siblings, cousins and the like to keep a Kelly at UNC for the next 100 years. There is a Matthews (alum nephew) and a few other non-relatives sprinkled in. That being said, they have all been very good players and key contributors in many cases. Breschi has a network of close friends who point him in the right direction regarding MIAA. I would call it smart recruiting, not politics

Sorry, meant UNC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are misinformed. Many kids decommit in many sports, including lacrosse. This is part of the reason the NCAA is debating on putting hard rules in place to stop this circus act. The difference today is early recruiting and " showcases " is a billion $ industry that sucker parents keep supporting. It only takes college coaches 1-2 times to know if kids have talent to play at next level. Then it comes down to other intangibles. I coached college ranks and a team will put out 15 verbal offers knowing they can only offer 5 or so kids. What do you think happens to other 10 offers once the other 5 sign. They get pulled. It's a tough business but that's the way it works. My advice to young early commits is keep your options open and keep visiting other schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There haven't been many MIAA kids heading to UVA except ones affiliated with alum. There has been a Kelly at UNC for the last 100 years and I think there are enough siblings, cousins and the like to keep a Kelly at UNC for the next 100 years. There is a Matthews (alum nephew) and a few other non-relatives sprinkled in. That being said, they have all been very good players and key contributors in many cases. Breschi has a network of close friends who point him in the right direction regarding MIAA. I would call it smart recruiting, not politics

After what he went through, you have to be happy for Breschi's success last year. I'm a UVA grad who played against him in the late 80s, and I was happy to see his team win it last year. I do wish that he along with Petro and the other coaches committing kids that are 14 years old would stop. They obviously know that a 14 year old does not have the wherewithal to decide where to go to college.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what, their great schools. its 4 years of your life. Successful people will find success no matter where they go. I didn't know where i wanted to go and ended up in placed. Theres 2 Gagillion schools out there. All claiming greatness. Just go have fun and then make it happen captain. Who cares about networks and alumni. Have faith in the Lord and things will work out great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No talk in here about Team 91 Md falling apart ? Word is half the team left and went to ROCK ! The Force team is poaching the B team for players which might destroy the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No talk in here about Team 91 Md falling apart ? Word is half the team left and went to ROCK ! The Force team is poaching the B team for players which might destroy the B team.

B team? I thought they had 2 2020 AA teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, THEY thought they had 2 2020 AA teams....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Platinum team was competitive in HoCo and MPLL, what's the issue?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 MD is also taking kids from FCA white and Looney green

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait...are you saying that a club team held tryouts and is offering spots to kids from other team? I am shocked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did the FCA kids displaced by the incoming Crabs move to their white team or find greener pastures at another club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for those kids. Getting to play with better kids may help them improve their game and rise to the occasion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Platinum team was competitive in HoCo and MPLL, what's the issue?

They were very competitive and in tournaments too. Sounds like the words of a dad whose son was not asked back to the team. . Heard the kids they lost to Rock are because the coach coaches a public high school in Carroll County that several of the 91 AA and A kids will attend and is trying to bring kids together. 4 of the kids are brothers and if they are the kids rumour mill is talking about some probably would have been let go anyhow due to size and/or skill. 91 had some really small kids on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my! Guessing you are on the B team and were not asked to move up to the AA or were one of the kids cut in the rebuild of the team since you seem a little bit upset?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my! Guessing you are on the B team and were not asked to move up to the AA or were one of the kids cut in the rebuild of the team since you seem a little bit upset?

Not associated with the team / club at all. Platinum was never on the level of Force but wanted to be considered the same. Now Force is pulling AA ( not ELITE ), players to fill spots from Platinum, Looneys Green / FCA White. The ones leaving AA teams thinking Force will be Elite are kidding themselves. Boom !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did the FCA kids displaced by the incoming Crabs move to their white team or find greener pastures at another club

Given the size of their roster already if they are all CH kids they would have to stay with FCA but if they stay on the Blue team, doubt they will get to play as kids were already sitting out on blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not associated with the team / club at all. Platinum was never on the level of Force but wanted to be considered the same. Now Force is pulling AA ( not ELITE ), players to fill spots from Platinum, Looneys Green / FCA White. The ones leaving AA teams thinking Force will be Elite are kidding themselves. Boom !

There are always kids on the greens and whites who are elite players but maybe did not show well during tryouts, who worked really hard during the season to improve, who grew significantly etc. that if they are given a chance they could make the jump. The same as there are kids who are on elite teams that stop getting better and plateau. Would not count any kids or teams out in the next 3 years from getting better or making jumps. Perhaps will not be able to keep up to FCA given the kids they moved around last year and brought in this year but there always has to be a number 1 in the region. Just not Crabs anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The idea of an Elite division never existed until Hoco created a special bracket last year. As far as who belongs in that bracket I can't imagine that anything has changed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The idea of an Elite division never existed until Hoco created a special bracket last year. As far as who belongs in that bracket I can't imagine that anything has changed.

So have the announced whether they are still having 2 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not enough players at tryouts for two teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not enough players at tryouts for two teams.

Not many spots available either...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So have the announced whether they are still having 2 teams?[/quote]

Not enough players at tryouts for two teams. [/quote]

Not many spots available either...[/quote]

There are 2 teams - they had plenty at tryouts over the three days- more than most (except for FCA who had amazing numbers.) Were you even there or just trying to cause trouble?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. Team 89+3 MD is already falling apart in less than 1 year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no....carma ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no....carma ??

Oh no...can't spell!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not enough players at tryouts for two teams. [/quote]

Not many spots available either...[/quote]

There are 2 teams - they had plenty at tryouts over the three days- more than most (except for FCA who had amazing numbers.) Were you even there or just trying to cause trouble? [/quote]

I was there, Coach. Good ole Force coach has already ruined the club. Record time too, under a year. Way to go. No wonder there have been no BOOM! posts lately.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody release their fall schedule yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax has the 3 tournaments each team will be attending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some are out on websites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which kids left crabs for FCA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and FCA 2020 are trying to determine what dates their players will be in driving school or taking the SATs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How lame and unoriginal! Promise you not one person thought that was funny. Not even the moms of the Hawks kids who haven't beaten either team in years ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How lame and unoriginal! Promise you not one person thought that was funny. Not even the moms of the Hawks kids who haven't beaten either team in years ..

I still chuckle whenever I see stuff like this...never gets old really. -1 for drive by on Hawks moms.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time I checked no "b" or "a" teams were invited to recruiting tourneys for 2020...Platinum was invited to The Inside Lacrosse recruiting tournament and MVP recruiting tourney. Funny I didn't see FCA White or Looneys Green at either. Oh right, they are "b" teams at best with a few "aa" players. Those "aa" players aren't "allowed" to move up because they aren't going to CH and Looney's Orange is only good when the flogo is in town. Check the score of Team 91 Force VS Looney's Orange when the flogo had the sniffles...quite the beat down.

Sorry your son was cut from 91...both teams KILLED Rock. Good luck and I hope your baby boy makes the fresh/soph team in high school with the ELITE Rock coach. One try out is all it takes to get on the ELITE Rock team. I hope the $2,700 club fees for ROCK Elite will be well worth it!

Finally, if any of you lax experts or former parents of 91 players that have been cut watched a scrimmage against the two teams, you'd know the teams were comparable--2 goal difference either way on any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough to schedule 16 &17 year old 9th graders. They are a busy bunch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and FCA 2020 are trying to determine what dates their players will be in driving school or taking the SATs.

Or taking one of their many college visits...guess who is getting recruited, guess who is going to a top D1 school to play lacrosse? Not your son. Play for FCA or Crabs if you want to be recruited and play in college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 2020 has only beaten the Hawks one time. I'm guessing they are 1-6 lifetime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are crabs and fca blue posting their rosters?

Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard